Who wins?

Dumbledore
>Goes toe-to-toe with the most evil dark wizard in history
>can summon zombie-eating fire dragons

Gandalf
>gets his ass handed to him by one of saurons minions(who is later killed by a WOMAN ffs)
>can light his walking stick

Who wins? Sup Forums decides!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cGdp5_12zW0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Gandalf would win because he has the privilege of not being in one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Terrible post.

I am rereading the series. I have been looking for the phrase "stretched their legs" because of this copypasta. Haven't noticed it at all.

>leaving out Gandalf destroying the Balrog

Dumbledore did this with a frostbitten hand and while poisoned.
I'm sorry but he wins everytime. Dudes a beast. Gandalf barely uses actual magic and got his staff broken by the witch king.

>believing the pasta
It was posted immediately. The dude hates harry potter so much he wastes his time and his life here posting it.

youtube.com/watch?v=cGdp5_12zW0

Gandalf a bitch lmao.

retarded faggots don't know that gandalf is literally an angel from the heavens in the body of an old man. he could destroy dumbleshit any day

That just means that lotr is capeshit tier son. Cant die is boring

so you're telling me he can do shit like this but he lets a giant snake run around in toilet pipes in his school to kill kids?

gandalf is so powerful that he isn't actually allowed to use his magic unless he absolutely needs to

gandalf is a demigod, dumble dumg is a shit cant even handle voldemorth.

Nonsense.

see

If we're talking about this Dumbledore then my money goes right here. Gambon's portrayal simply didn't carry enough weight.

bait

Are you so dumb you don't know harry potter is a wizard dystopia that isn't supposed to make perfect sense? How old are you even nine year olds know this, wah my fantasy isn't realistic?! Wtf!

>harry potter faggots think dumbledore can even hope to win against gandalf
>hurr durr he just an old man with magic powers like dumbledore right?

>peter hackson

Gambons portryal had weight though. He was great in 3 6 and 8.

Gandalf
>uses a big fat staff and a sword
>reserves his power level for the sake of plebs
>dies from and kills an ancient fire demon that ate a kingdom
>comes back to life stronger than ever

Dumbledore
>powerless without his baby stick wand
>cries after drinking some evil water
>is disarmed by a kid and willingly killed by a fag
>only comes back as a hallucination

>lotrfags think they aren't reddit episode
Go watch the hobbit

Wrong.

Dumbledore actually has talents and powers, gaydalf dies once and was about to get killed a second time, by one of saurons goons. Not even sauron himself, just a goon that was later killed by an unskilled female.

Someone please post the gandalf alfrid troll webm from battle of the five armies.

>Gandalf killed a balrog, Dumbldore made fire

He can and did die in the story though.

this cancerous plebbit tier memepasta needs to die and you all know it

dumbledore's greatest achievement is disarming Grindelwald, let that sink for a minute, the reason he's revered as the greatest wizard of his time is because he knocked a wooden stick out of some guys hand.

>kills a balrog
With insane plot armour

See
He couldn't even beat a troll

Grindelwald had the elder wand. And dumby beat him.

>"my fantasy doesn't have consistent rules or make sense"

Exactly.

It's the equivalent of Gandalf beating Sauron while Sauron had the one ring.

>implying a magic stick is comparable to the one ring

Dumbledore would have apparated Frodo to mt doom in ten minutes and given him a handjob

How dumb are you dude. You know what a dystopia is, do you know? Its a batshit wizard world.

Pretty flashy for a useless magic show.

>low fantasy magic vs high fantasy magic
Hmmmm its almost like their powerlevels are incomparable

Rowling wanted Terry Gilliam to direct for a reason.

Good job user

>Gandalf
Fought legendary demon for eternity on all planes of universe. In gray form.

>Dumbledore
Suck some mens dicks.

Lotr barely has any magic. Stop arguing otherwise.

Making sense and being realistic are different. What always matters is a story following its own internal logic.
Also it's not a dystopia at all.

we all know where you come from you need to go back

>its not a dystopia
It parallels british shit tier society which is a dystopia. Its british self deprecation. Again even children know this.
Answer to your question is dumbeldore knew harry would handle it

Atlas Shrugged? Haha nice bait

t. Autist
This but this board has no self awareness.

a gun is all it take to kill anyone in potshit universe

lol, you fucking retard user, a dystopia is a society where everything is terrible. The wizard world in HP is not a dystopia at all. It's comfy as fuck.

What if there were gun magic arts?
Like spells that shoot bullets?

Gandalf is a hack. Legolas looks better on paper.

That's getting into "wanted" territory

>biggest villain Dumbledore beat was another wizard
>biggest villain Gandalf beat was a fucking Balrog

hmmmmmmm

>triwizard tourny
>batshit teachers
>evil killing snek
>corrupt ministry before voldy even takes over
You're an idiot

Fucking this.

you just used the Potter copypasta that happens to also say LotR is shit too

you fucked up you meme

Literally every child who read harry potter fantasized about going to Hogwarts, it's not a dystopia, it's a wonderful fantasy world, that comes under threat. It has its flaws but no ones saying it's utopic. You're retarded son.

Muh balrog

Literally had no effect on the fellowship they were already in the clear.

this is the weakest bait i've seen in a while

Dumbledore
>Weak ass shit by saying stuff in latin
Gandalf
>A literal fucking angel

Gee I wonder who would win.

/thread

I know this is bait but I'll bite and remind you Gandalf is a literal god.

>no effect
Flying fire demon who can destroy cities.
Yeah, you think he can't leave cave or something?

This argument KEK

I WOULD GLADLY GO TO A BATSHIT WIZARD WORLD AHEAD OF THIS CURRENT WORLD
IT IS A DYSTOPIA

Did all the ministy shit go over your head?

as long as you can throw it fast enough it works

You think the balrog would have stopped just because they were out of the mines? Nah man he would have kept on going and fucked some shit up then reported to sauron, then the enemy has a fucking demon on their side

>harry potter isn't a dystop-

Kek

Who cares nerd. If they ran a better mile it wouldn't have mattered.

okay, disregarding the balrog he went toe to toe with Saruman, a wizard with an army 100x the size of Voldememe's who even made his own species of soldier (Uruk-Hai), he made Sauron jealous of his power, FUCKING SAURON, he resurrected himself from death and became immortal

vs Dumbleshaft who dies from one spell

There are also many positive and wonderous aspects to the Wizard world, as well as good people. Do I need to list them? Are you that retarded? Neither Harry Potter world nor our society are dystopias. You need to go and read some definitions for this word that you clearly don't understand the meaning of. Or maybe you could find me someone else refering to HP world as a dystopia?

>which is more magic?
>high magic setting vs low magic setting

Dumbeldore was dying from a curse and told snape to kill him. Face it. There basically no stakes in lotr only boromir dies. Killing niggers is easy.

who cares about dbz-tier powerlevel autism except video game playing manchildren?
the harry potter movies are terrible and I imagine the books aren't much better

Um sweetie, no!

It's set in Britistan.

>nerd
Where is it you think you are?
And either way balrogs report to the dark lord once it was woken up that's where it would go next, once summoned. Then again the enemy has a fucking demon on their side

>no stakes
>literally everyone bar 2 hobbits are weak to the one ring
>unless they destroy it the main villain will only get stronger
>THE WHOLE WORLD IS RELYING ON 2 FUCKING HOBBITS

What stakes were there in Harry Potter when the main villain gets killed by fucking "love" every battle they have? Dumbledore's death was just a fucking thrown-in storyline to attract more book sales after how shitty and stale Order of the Phoenix was

From harrys perspective everything is nuts as shit bra

One day the minister of magic is his buddy and doesnt care he broke the law one year they are up his ass. It is crazy nonsensical shit just like britiain.

Where is the bait.

What he states are literal facts.

I've always wondered if the balrog would've sided quietly under Sauron. Sure Sauron once was higher-ranking than him but when at that point in the story Sauron was a fart in the wind compared to him.

Sperg as fuck. Lotr is boring at least Jackson added some action.

I never understood why voldemort was so fucking dangerous and his army (i mean 4 other dark wizards).
Looks like a pushover.

the wizarding world is just a fucking 1920s Enid Blyton book where everyone is some posh kid cunt who eats roast dinners every night, disregarding the fact most wizards hated muggles and that going to Hogwarts brings pretty much 0 career prospects for adults, what was so great about a world in which 90% of stuff could kill you?

and then gets his ass handed to him by Saurons goon.

>they are terrible
Every single one is good and better than most blockbusters. They also all feel different. Sorry you have no friends and no soup.

>at least Jackson added some action

I was literally describing the movies you fucktard, that whole final battle would have meant dick if Frodo or Sam didn't destroy the ring

The user knows what's up

Gandalf
>was literally forbidden to ever show his power level to mortals because they'd start to worship him as god when they saw it
>highly respected by everyone
>killed a Balrog, an ancient demigod demon
>came back to life like no big deal
>masterminded the strategy that allowed free people to destroy an evil god

Dumbledore
>could make some fire
>was belittled by other people
>killed by a virgin loser, didn't even fought back
>stayed dead
>for years wasn't able to defeat some evil human wizard who was much younger and less experienced while he posessed the most OP artifact in the world that is supposed to make you undefeatable
>never had any plan on how to stop evil wizard, half of the time wasn't even aware of his shenanigans, relied on a bunch of teenagers to do his job for him
>propably molested children

Ootp was a good book tho......Hp has more deaths than lotr.

Put Dumbledore in the LotR world, he'd have died the second he'd go to meet Saruman like Gandalf did in Fellowship at the beginning, end of the story there

It's magical.

We've been over this before a thousand time. Gandalf in an angel.

more deaths =/= better

christ if that was the case then any holocaust book would be the height of literature

They were basically a distraction so that Sam and frodo could get to the volcano if the hobbits didn't they would have been fucked

>can die from just going to school
>can die from eating the wrong food
>can die from going to class
>can die from going out of school to get a break
>can die just going to bed
>HURR IS MAJEKUL

fuck off

>>was literally forbidden to ever show his power level to mortals because they'd start to worship him as god when they saw it
nonsense

>thinking it's literally just one dude posting this pasta.

>probably molested children

Kek

Obviously, before a conclusion could happen for the fight between Gandalf and Dumbledore, Tom Bombadil shows up and knocks them both on the head, dances around for a bit while they watch in confusion, and then declares himself the winner.

Dumbledore would have just aparated up there and kicked sauronsman right off.