Will a western cartoon featuring a gay male as protagonist ever be made...

Will a western cartoon featuring a gay male as protagonist ever be made? Is the western fujoshi fanbase large enough to make it a big success, like in Japan?

Other urls found in this thread:

kisscartoon.se/Cartoon/The-Simpsons-Season-14/Episode-017?id=654
simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Waylon_Smithers,_Jr.
dailymotion.com/video/x262srt_tex-avery-mgm-1943-05-08-red-hot-riding-hood_fun
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Will a western cartoon featuring a gay male as protagonist ever be made?
Steven Universe

Those are lesbians. American media is still too afraid to have gay guys that aren't simply background noise.

SOON

Fuck off. Gays make up 5% of the population. Enough of this "muh representation"

>I'm threatened enough to be impotent by 5% of the population

Eunuch.

And retards make up 2%. Your point ?

shouwa genroku rakugo shinjuu was here

yuri on ice is a faggot

homosexuals are likely 5%

that makes gay men about 2-3%

if that

>Gay shit in every media ever now
>EVERY SINGLE MEDIA

I am so fucking sick of seeing it. It is actively making me homophobic because it keeps getting crammed in my fucking face.

I can't recall the last time I saw a show/film/game with all straight charcaters.

>waaah please stop putting gay people in media, you're hurting my feelings :(

Sorry user, but artists shouldn't have to bow to your hurt feelings.

When you've endured it for 80-odd years of video and electronic entertainment's lifespan, then you can bitch about something being crammed in your fucking face. Until then, you get to suck it up, buttercup. We endured it from you for that long, fair's only fair.

Wait, this show is actually gay? I assumed it was just semi-gay like Free!.

Sounds like a personal problem. Have you ever considered not getting upset by homosexuals?

You haven't been alive long enough to endure puberty

>When you've endured it for 80-odd years of video and electronic entertainment's lifespan, then you can bitch about something being crammed in your fucking face
I fucking doubt you're an 80 year old gay person, so that doesn't work. Furthermore you don't "correct" bullshit with more bullshit.

And besides, the fuck did you expect? I don't like gayshit, so of course I don't like seeing it in everything all the fucking time.

As a fujoshi I have no interest in watching a show about gay men, I just want to watch shows with men and ship them together.

It's not the fact that they're homosexual, it's that they constantly have to remind you of it because 'muh progressivism'

The show is post gay. Stevvonie counts as genderqueer.

It's your fault for being an over-sensitive baby. The world can't revolve around your feelings.

>fujoshit on Sup Forums

Really fucking hope not.
No issue with gays in itself, but when people support a show almost entirely due to "muh yaoi" despite the show itself being mediocre, you're just asking for a wave of garbage

I dont want a show about being gay i want him to just be gay. Like if ichigo just happened to like renji.

Like the ikkaku and that one guy were gay but not all in your face about it.

Not in any way that isn't totally hamfisted.

If "Love is Love" has reminded me of anything, it's that 90% of western writers cannot write fiction that deals with sexuality in anything other than the most black and white of ways.

>People are literally watching the pendulum swing back to the right
>Still want to force gay people in media, that'll surely make people not annoyed at all and support us, r-right

You're the only one that's annoyed by this.

>them
>gay
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAWWWWWWW

Holy shit. You fell for the bait.

There are literally other people IN THIS THREAD saying similar things. Your lack of self awareness and critical thinking is exactly why Trump got voted in.

I dont understand, do you want artists to censor themselves if they feel like putting a gay person in something?

You've never even seen yuri on ice now stop your bitching and move on with your life.

Artist can do whatever they want.
I'm talking about the people asking for it to be shoved into everything.

>You've never even seen yuri on ice
Citation needed.

>stop liking what I don't like
Are you retarded?
Have you?

>Have you?
I dropped it after two episodes.

Voltron:LD says hi.

In short all this does is make Tex Avery & Bob Clampett turn in their graves so please stop it.

t. moeshitter

Some of you act like there are gays in cartoons everywhere.

Even tv shows who are there? Sense8 ??

So your problem is fanbases, not the actual things themselves.

This can be easily solved by spending less time on the internet.

Yeah, it was actually pretty gay, and without that uke/seme bullshit.

Never heard of it.

wow, the dickeaters are wild tonite!

No, because fanbases can easily influence the art itself these days.
You're a retard.

Nope. Full-on gay. Confirmed on Episode 7.

The money that comes from the fanbase can influence art and you need to outspend them if you really care about it because the world owes you nothing, moeshitter.

>Your lack of self awareness and critical thinking is exactly why Trump got voted in

kek
Please explain me what can Trump do about gay characters.

Three Gays Of The Condo says hi.
Most likely because it's after season 8 and is one of the good episodes after season 8, like Large Marge.

kisscartoon.se/Cartoon/The-Simpsons-Season-14/Episode-017?id=654

You're missing the big picture. Pushing leftist agendas in so much media made people sick of them, people who used to not care and were fine with letting gays do whatever they want are now sick of it cause it's shoved in their face constantly in media. Hell Fox just aired a show that had a little boy wearing a bondage gag talking about his vagina.

This shit is why people are starting to turn more to the right as a form of protest.

Smithers had hints about being gay in many episodes but not in season 1.

simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Waylon_Smithers,_Jr.

Not what I'm talking about, but then again people from tumblr are usually massive fucking retards who can't do anything beyond toss out buzzwords.

>No, because fanbases can easily influence the art itself these days.

Oh okay, so SURELY you can name five characters in media that were turned gay SOLELY because of said media's fanbase. Of course, you'll also have to back these claims up with proof as well. If you cannot do this, you are admitting that you're wrong.

>i was totally a liberal before those gosh danged gay people started appearing in television, I swear!

>you can name five characters in media that were turned gay SOLELY because of said media's fanbase

Never made that claim

Wait a decade old episode of the simpsons you are mad at?

The '00 had their gay shows but i dont think there are that many now.

Never said that either, nice strawmanning though. Level 1 damage control.

Mad?!? That was one of the best episodes post season 8 of The Simpsons had.

So you're going to change your political opinions just to spite people you don't like?

Well jeez, I can't see anything going wrong with that. Changing your politics based on what other people think instead of what you think surely won't fuck you over in the long run.

>I'm talking about the people asking for it to be shoved into everything.
>fanbases can easily influence the art itself these days.
>Never made that claim

Yes.
Where did I say they were turning characters gay?

Most people are apathetic towards things that don't directly involve them. A good way to make them care about something is to push it in their face over and over.
It's like poking a sleeping bear.

I'm talking about anime getting taken over by fujos.
What are you talking about?
What does it have to do with yuri on ice?

What is your argument then?

Okay, so lets go over this.

You say you have a problem with gay people being "shoved in" to media.
I say your problem is with the fanbases talking about gay people, and that your problem would be solved if you spent less time on the internet.
You say that wouldn't save anything, because the fanbases are influencing creators.
I ask you for proof.
You say that you never claimed that fanbases did anything.

Where am I wrong?

Just look at the massive push to turn those two guys from The Force Awakens gay in the next movie.

>people on twitter say stupid things
holy........shit.................that's,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,unusual

Greetings, time traveler! Sure is a shame to hear that the next star wars movie was ruined by fans. Is gotg 2 any good?

It's not just anime, it's media as a whole and we need to stop it.

Make Tex Avery stop turning in his grave.

If it was going to happen, now would be the time, given that cartoons are sad squishy shows about nothing where a character's romantic preferences would actually be a relevant plot point, as opposed to a show where anything interesting happens

Make your own cartoons if it bothers you so much.

>we need to censor artists so they can't put gay people in cartoons anymore

>>>/nazigermany/

So in an inter galactic empire no one is gay? Those jedi and padawan never hooked up just for fun? They do seem a little spartan to me its not GAY gay but its a little nohomo.

Fine, force gays/trannies in everything, go for it.
But when people start to hate those groups more because it becomes obnoxious just don't cry about it, okay? Actions have consequences.

>steven universe travels across space to an alien-run human zoo so he can save his father after he was abducted
>wtf this show is about nothing, i don't see anything happening

>yuri on ice
Slowpoke here. Whut?

Why is Sup Forums suddenly in favor of censorship? I remember when this place hated it.

>moe shitter
And you wonder why you lost your grip in the anime industry.
It's a new Chinese cartoons that's popular and makes a fuckton of dosh

I mean, maybe it gets interesting later? All I know is the first few episodes seem to be about an even more dense Bobby Hill and his trio of alien nannies

You literally do not know what censorship means.

>Hey man, you shouldn't jump off that roof, you could break your leg
>STOP TRYING TO CENSOR ME REEEEEEEEEEE

Did you know pol is for jews now? This place has changed a lot.

Already did.
No as it's not censorship, it's quality control.

>a republican candidate showed support for lgbt people and is now the president of the united states
>he thinks people are starting to turn against gays

The opposite is happening.

Nice buzzword.

>I can't recall the last time I saw a show/film/game with all straight charcaters.

Now that is fucking bullshit, don't give me that. That's tantamount to me saying that there are no more human characters in films/television/games.

Forcing artists to stop putting certain things in their work is not censorship?

Is it about ice skating?

>Shows that rely solely on tits and ass to sell are seen as trash
>Hell even shows that actually have substance to them but ALSO have tits and ass are seen as trash for it
>But it's okay if its yaoi cause that panders to women

Simply epic.

who are you quoting

When or where did I force an artist not to do something?

It's not a buzzword if it's true.
Yes and it's surprisingly accurate but a few retards are just butthurt over being replaced.
Fujo anime is generally better than moeshitter anime so it's already doing a good job at taking the trash out.

>called Yuri on Ice
>all guys, no girls
I dont get it.

Gays and trannies like ... BUGS BUNNY????

How many times did HE flirt with a dude?
How many times did HE crossdress?

That what you wanted? Those wholesome days from back then?
Try to bring back those good old days, I dare you, if you ever succeed you'll just spend all your time whining about how awesome the Puritanical witch-burning era was.
You delusionals need to stop posting your insane crap on Sup Forums all the time, that's what /x/ is for.

>It's not a buzzword if it's true.
But you realize Yuri on Ice is full of moe right?

Writer didn't confirm or deny anything and to take it whatever you will. As for the show itself its atypical fujoshit baiting that the LGBT community latched ontop due to the "censored" kiss in episode 7. It can go either way really since Japanese media in general is pretty fucking gay

I thought I read somewhere that, as far as Japan is concerned, it's honestly just a coincidence and they weren't trying to bait lesbians into watching the show since Yuri is an actual name over in that part of the world.

You literally do not know what "moe" means.

Rakugo was fucking boring and was so navel-gazing that it made No Longer Human look like an authentic account of a human's life and how people thought of them.

Don't care

MC is called Yuri

>Fine, force gays/trannies in everything, go for it.
>But when people start to hate those groups more because it becomes obnoxious just don't cry about it, okay? Actions have consequences.

Okay then, I guess North Korea doesn't censor anything, it's just that people's actions have consequences. :^)

No, what we want is this.

dailymotion.com/video/x262srt_tex-avery-mgm-1943-05-08-red-hot-riding-hood_fun

Not fujo garbage.
As /sug/ said, Bugs does it to be funny, not because he wants to be a magica girl.

What did the writer say? hard to think they are best buddies with a kiss and engagement rings but then again japan.

What's stopping you from watching it?