Many kids show from the 90's ran 52 episodes over a span of 4 months. Why did they do this?

Many kids show from the 90's ran 52 episodes over a span of 4 months. Why did they do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SixtyFiveEpisodeCartoon
youtube.com/watch?v=WkfYopvHSD0
youtube.com/watch?v=a3ZlpTp_dJA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

52 weeks in a year, so one new episode a week, which is why you need 52 episodes to put a show in syndication, which is where studios make lots of money. Typically studios often end shows after 52 episodes strictly because of this.

Good job, OP and the board in general should be a little more informed.

Kids are fickle and the real money comes from toy sales.

A new show with a blitz like that in such short time gets kids hooked and makes them want all those toys.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SixtyFiveEpisodeCartoon

they weren't called saturday morning cartoons for nothing.

Yup, it was a standard deal and done for many years. Everyone was doing it, so if you're new thing wasn't on par with last years....why do it? Have to maintain that status quo and compete in ratings and slots and so on. If something was a hit and only had 13 episodes, they were kinda screwed till more could get made.

>stegasaurus and triceratops have sharp teeth

>even this show has autistic fans

they're also standing on two legs and have opposable thumbs

>not posting cartoon kino

>tfw you're still waiting for the live action remake

Any relatively obscure cartoon will ONLY have the most autistic fans. Just the way of the universe.

90's cartoons were completely forgettable and throwaway projects.

oh fuck i remember playing with those
they would maime and beat the shit out of my police force figures

Do ANY of them last the test of time?

Ren and Stimpy, Rockos Modern Life, 2 Stupid Dogs, Beavis and Butthead, South Park, The Tick, Eek the Cat, Animaniacs, Powerpuff Girls, Dexters Lab, Freakazoid, Hey Arnold, Aeon Flux, The Maxx.

I could go on.

Or were just talking about all the ninja turtles/ he man rip offs?

This.

youtube.com/watch?v=WkfYopvHSD0

we're just talking about the shit on network television that existed only to sell toys

Kids are not fickle, my nephew is obsessed with paw patrol and cars and has been for years

And asked if any of them last the test of time, follow a conversation in a thread sometime.

and you listed a bunch of shows that were not only not heavily merchandise driven, but also predominately not on network television.

Came here just to mention Street Sharks.
When we bringing back Street Sharks?

The world isn't Jawesome enough anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=a3ZlpTp_dJA

2spooky4me

Anyone remembers what was the name of that "horror" themed cartoon with monsters playing basketball or something like that?

Space Jam

Nah, I think it's Mutant League but maybe there's another one which I'm thinking of

there was a vast amount of money derived off these cartoons. advertising and merchandising was a literal goldmine.
Paying for 52 episodes churned out of some korean sweatshop was a negligible expense.

The toy lines failed otherwise they would have continued.

well there was that toxic avenger saturday morning cartoon.