How do we save it?

How do we save it?

What it needs is good cartoons that replaces the shit that currently airs.
More than half of its cartoons should have died years ago or never should have existed in the first place.

Get rid of the social justice garbage.

>How do we save it?
Better scheduling for its shows other than TTG. Holy shit they need to quit spamming the damn thing so damn much. At least try and let some new shows not smother under its weight.

There is no saving it. There is only change, adaptation, and death. A stronger network shall take CN's throne, and this new channel will follow the same cycle. Death is eventual.
>mfw I make an awkward laugh

Just move all shows with actual new content like Bunnicula and Wabbit to CN and go back to Boomerang being re-runs and increase the amount of re-runs for stuff like Cow and Chicken, Johnny Bravo, 2 Stupid Dogs, Space Ghost, etc.There's no reason to waste premieres on a garbage channel. And don't fucking premiere things at 6AM (Sonic Boom).

Go back to having a consistent schedule, seriously this bomb format needs to die.

getting rid on the PPG reboot would be a good start

go full streaming

>Permit more story-oriented programming, not dumb one shots
>No more reboots
>Schedule TTG normally
>Schedule good shows like SU to have new episode premieres at 7-8pm EST.
>Do day-after full video streaming.
>Do .50 cent day of or early streaming.
>Get better programmers or IT workers to better encrypt video files so that episodes don't leak every week.
Really, the problem with the network, and this has been the case since 2007, is that it has one or two good shows each era. It also hasn't adapted to the Internet well. CN really needs to stop accept dumb "HAHA" shorts aimed at 7 year olds, and permit more mature, pre-teen oriented programming. And I mean shows like Regular Show and Adventure Time.

Someone realized this in 2007 but instead of fishing for those shows, they put on live-action and dumb reality shows like TDI.

Like said, "There is only change and adaptation". It's all pretty dull anyway, the new pilots for Adult Swim were fucking awful too, didn't chuckle once. I would just recommend moving to DisneyXD to get your next fix. Compared to Cartoon Network's current shows(atleast for the United States), Disney's cartoons planned out for 2017 and 2018 are superb and sound/look more interesting.

>Just move all shows with actual new content like Bunnicula and Wabbit to CN
Great idea, but I doubt it'll happen anytime soon. It's worse in most countries since they don't receive those shows and more on either channel. What a shame, Bunnicula is comfy and adorable.

>CN really needs to stop accept dumb "HAHA" shorts aimed at 7 year olds, and permit more mature, pre-teen oriented programming.
Would DC nation (or whatever it was called) be a good start?

We don't.

Instead we support Disney who actually seem to be trying to improve. We just need to make sure they stay on the right path.

>DC nation
Nope. CN needs to move away from comic book action cartoons to begin with. They're always the same, and appeal to very few and what I think is a shrinking boy market.

This nigga knows what's good.

Maybe start by watching shows in their first season so that they don't get cancelled by their second season

first step I think is to make some actually decent 3D animated shows for once

I have only seen a single [ONE] good 3D animated show and that was Green Lantern the animated series

Get rid of TTG and Nu-PPG.

one can never turn back the tides of time.

make cartoons for actual kids and not calarts special snowflake pandering garbage

MORE ANIME SERIOUSLY HOW DID THEY FUCK UP POKEMON

This thread consists of man children whining that a network aimed at preteens and children isn't targeting them. Autism at its finest

I'm curious.

Do you guys REALLY think that your ideas would raise the raitings and be marketable?

Because saying how to "fix" something without taking in consideration where the money comes from and how to get something out of it, is dumb.

welcome to Sup Forums

I don't get XD and I'm not all that interested in anything they're currently putting out or plan to put out in the immediate future. So I guess I got nothing.

Oh well.

Also can people here stop being so obtuse. Nobody wants the networks to neglect and ignore their target audiences. They just want quality shows with strong crossover appeal and enough variety to suit diverse tastes. What that entails varies from person to person but it's not just a bunch of manchildren yelling "Kids can fuck off! These network is for me and me alone!"

Greenlight Infinity Train.

>Kick Christina Miller out.
>Cancel all shit like TTG and Nu-PPG
>Rehire Jim Samples and try to convince him to know that he did nothing wrong in regards to the ATHF 2007 Bomb Scare.
>?
>Profit.

Bring back the guys who made: ExoSquad, Space Strikers, Battletech, Inhumanoids, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and tell them to write-up their next action cartoons for the the Saturday Morning blocks to start with. There's a clear lack of cartoons on these fronts in today's programming.

I've been wondering whether G:KND would be a good place to start
- It wouldn't be a reboot
- Mr Warburton clearly still loves the idea of the show happening since he's been posing the idea to CN ever since the original series ended
- All the main voice actors have said they'd be happy to return if it got green lit
or maybe I'm just naive

That's more of a TVTokyo problem

make them stop shitposting

it is literally impossible to force a faggot to stop shitposting.

Saturday morning cartoons are dead though.

And lack of action cartoons isn't exclusive to CN.

well then bring them fucking back

Watch Netflix. They got Voltron and might get Young Justice.

But no one gets up to watch Saturday Morning Cartoons.

By bringing back Thundercats

CN (and animation higher ups in general) generally aren't the biggest fans of shows that have a continuous plot/continuity, as they fear it'll make the audience less likely to tune in to episodes when they air if they don't follow it regularly. GKND probably falls under that.

Although with both Regular Show and Adventure Time finishing up, they'll need a new show to fill that niche, and CN seems big on reboots/sequels right now (Teen Titans, PPG, Ben 10, Samurai Jack etc).

I'm gonna wager GKND will either appear in the next two years, or not at all.

Bring back the guy who saved it once before 7 years ago

Cable is a dying medium. There is no point in saving any of these channels.

Give the rights to stream these shows to Hulu or Netflix, or put up episodes for 99 cents a piece on YouTube. That's where the kids are at now.

>and CN seems big on reboots/sequels right now (Teen Titans, PPG, Ben 10, Samurai Jack etc).

I am so glad Samurai Jack isn't going to CN but [AS]. I don't trust new CN anymore. I know they'd fuck it up. Instead, we'll get a show that is more badass than ever thanks to [AS]/Toonami. I guess we can thank DeMarco for that.

Kill it and start all over.

Release OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes

Get Pops to hug it to oblivion, killing both

>How do we save it?
Partner with netflix

All of CN's library is available on their platform, start airing certain Netflix original children's programming on CN.

Reboot some of their older shows (with the original creators showrunning them) Like GKND.
Greenlight new shows, don't be afraid to let them have over arching narratives like Gravity Falls or OTGW did (Infinity Train)

Better bet is to partner with Hulu. WB pulled most of CN's content off Netflix long ago. And since Hulu is already a joint operation it's less likely to be screwed over unlike Netflix which has been dogged by rumors of a potential Apple or Disney buyout for well over a year.

break it up into little pieces and sell them off. The wellspring of competition will drive the individual studios to compete harder and make better shows.

>responsible for CN Real
>still somehow not the worst president Cartoon Network has had because Miller's doing much worse

>WAAAHHHH HE TRIED LIVE ACTION FOR LIKE 5 MINUTES
>(the fact that he ended it quickly and then went on to sign on several phenomenal cartoons that made the network extremely relevant for the next 6+ years totally doesn't matter, because I'm what you call a "cartoon purist" who takes the sacrilege of non-cartoons on a channel with the word "cartoon" in it very, very seriously)

>implying CN Real didn't fuck up CN for a long time, effectively kicking out CN veterans because new CEO's are retarded and did not trust them, and right after ending CN Real we had to deal with Canadian crap for another year before things got better

stop with this bait

>I know exactly who made what decision and when and why

>it doesn't matter that the channel ended up being more popular and higher quality than it's ever been! live action for 5 minutes! canadian crap for a year! 7 years of greatness afterwards is irrelevant! that little moment in time (that actually ended up having a tremendously overall very positive effect) is all anyone should focus on!

I guess user means with the schedule, and now it moved to Disney XD.

bring back the moniker "Cartoon Cartoon" for their original shows.

What the fuck happened, bros? The CN renascence happened just a few years ago, now it's going down the very same path Nickelodeon is going. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED CN IS LITERALLY BECOMING NICK: THE SECOND ONE, CARTOONS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD NOW.

TTG happened. Kids are easily entertained by bright, flashy, fast-moving animations with loud noises; no need for all that nonsense like good storytelling, character building, or respect for your audience when you can pump out cheap, short episodes that kids will love because its like the cartoon equivalent of junk food. It makes CN a shit-ton of money, and therefore the executives want other shows to mimic it.

>inb4 "le hate circlejerk" meme
I don't hate TTG. It's a sub-par show, for sure, but it's far from the worst. It has decent humor (sometimes) and an appealing artstyle (when it's not being abused), but those are pretty much it's only redeeming characteristics. I just hate what it's turning CN into.

>>it doesn't matter that the channel ended up being more popular and higher quality than it's ever been!

Wait, what period are we talking about here?

There is no way CN was more popular in the 10s than it was in the early 00s. Same for the quality.

The 10s had AT, RS and SU for quality. The 00s has a shitload more cartoons that were better than those 3.

>The 00s has a shitload more cartoons that were better than those 3.

You're going to have to name those shows. I'm not trying to debate quality. That's subjective. I just don't think the amount comes anything close to a shitload even for the sake of hyperbole.

Is that the art style they're going with?

Stop showing the same couple of movies every week.

Most character on the old one are from Hannah Barbera or Looney Toons

>7 years of greatness
Calm the fuck down.

>flashy,
As in Adobe Flash, right?

Nigga, they been having an official art style.

Uncle Grandpa.

When I said that I meant early 00s btw, not late 00s. Late 00s was CN's all-time low as a channel.

Shows:
Dexter's Lab
Powerpuff Girls
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Johnny Bravo
Samurai Jack (gasp! an action cartoon?!)
Ed, Edd n Eddy
Billy&Mandy
Kids Next Door

8 cartoons. Versus, like, 2 good ones now since RS has ended.

And yes, many of these started in the late 90s, but episodes were still being made in the early 00s, so they count.

What about Uncle Grandpa? It's show, I know.

Gtfo of CNN.

Were Jonnny Bravo and Billy & Mandy really contemporaries?

Fucking ugly. I'm so sic of this lazy shit. It all looks the same. Literally anyone could do it. When will it end? All this shit already all blends together. I'm not watching whatever this is.

Not every single one of your friends has to have an animated series. Jesus christ.

Just another one I'd chalk up for the 10's.

Half the shows you listed started in the 90's, btw.

That show absolutely sucks.

NONE
O
N
E

of those reach the quality of the Big 3 (RS/AT/Gumball)

Nor are they on par with OtGW, LTS

Face it CN in the 00s was shit on a shingle

While I don't agree that a lot of those are better or even on the same level as the the current 3, that wasn't what was up for debate. You've more than proven that early 00s CN had more than twice as much to offer its viewers than CN does today. So good on you. Thanks for humoring me.

I hate looking at this.

>Half the shows you listed started in the 90's, btw.

I literally said that if you had bothered to read the whole post.

>NONE of those reach the quality of the Big 3 (RS/AT/Gumball)

Ah, so you're 15 years old. Thanks to letting us know.

>While I don't agree that a lot of those are better or even on the same level as the the current 3,

Another 15 year old, wow, Sup Forums is filled with you guys.. Well, it is a cartoon board after all I suppose.

Pick any of the ones I mentioned, and those are better than any of the current "big 3". One which just ended and shouldnt even count, so more like Big 2.

It only exists because of Netflix.
It's not going anywhere anymore.

Whats a "bomb format" and how did Netflix cause it?

I'm literally old enough to remember Turner having to shove Cartoon Network down cable providers' throats because a lot of them didn't feel like carrying what was basically a warehouse for old Hanna-Barbera shit. And any new HB stuff was still premiering on TBS.

I like almost all the shows you mentioned. I just don't think all of them are that great. And the quality wasn't what I was debating anyway. I conceded that early 00s CN had more to offer its viewers. Even if one doesn't like those shows they have to at least admit there was more variety back then and there were more shows on the schedule that people enjoyed.

this.

CN is fucked.

Releasing back to back on the same day and leaving a drought hole

It died with Fall in 07. SU is only an oasis of quality in the sea of shit

>it's okay that those bad things happened and he allowed them to happen, he didn't come up with them after all

Faggot cunt

honestly they should either stop faking and just go full Netflix or just do weekly like seriously

Either dump entire seasons in a day or do weekly schedules like a normal television network

Either way, how about you be clear about what is going on, because whether CN is doing bombs or weekly premiers we often don't seem to know about it until the week of and they seem to come and go without rhyme or reason

This is their biggest problem, people stop watching shows, not because they don't care but because they aren't being presented with the information that would allow them to continue watching it

The only way to save CN is to go back in time

Weekday Toonami for shonenshit. Shorten but keep the Saturday night block for the shows that aren't a good match for daytime CN. Everyone's happy except for the 2 people that actually like TTG marathons every single afternoon.

Put Fred Seibert in command and do a new edition of What A Cartoon Show. Then pickup the best cartoons and make them full series.

The only shows that don't at least match the current big 3 from that list are Johnny Bravo, PPG and KND. ED, EDD EDDY , Grim, and Samurai Jack absolutely BTFO of the current big 3

Anybody who truly likes anime watches it online or torrents it

People only watch it online because it's not accessible though television anymore like it was in the 90's & early 2000's.

We need another show like this

MR.
BIXBY.

I'll agree with Samurai Jack. I can hardly give a single shit about EEnE or Grim & Mandy. And I can give even less of a shit to argue about them. So I guess we'll have to part ways here.

Man, i haven't watched CN in so many years, i think stopped watching CN around the time Samurai Jack was cancelled. A few years later i quit regularly watching TV altogether, i have a TV *with* cable in my room but i haven't tuned it on to actually watch anything on it in YEARS.

In the 90s and early 00s i could not go a day without watching CN, i watched almost all of the shows from that era religiously, and a few from Nickelodeon like Arnold, Rocket Power, CatDog.

Somehow the magic just died for me, or was it simply because i grew up and life was changing?
Anybody else understands my feels here?

I will always remember and cherish those days man. The days of watching the late 90s classics in a sunny living room, or staying up late to watch the anime block and adult swim.

oh god no
maybe if you restrict it to the first season only

>No more reboots
Or take a page from Thunderbirds and actually make GOOD reboots.

Its CARTOON Network, not Anime Network

They don't want to be saved they don't care about you they care about ten year olds let them die

CN should enter the mid-to-high range merchandise business as a producer, rather than licensing out. If shows cannot survive without toys, but they only license their properties, they are putting their future in the hands of outsiders.

CN should also invest in building its own animation studios overseas, rather than paying middlemen studios. CN has the numbers to make it work.

you had me at G:KND

bump

It can't be saved, close it and take best animators and writers to Netflix