What media player does Sup Forums use to watch kino?

What media player does Sup Forums use to watch kino?
I use pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vu-gDXqQ5es
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Quicktime Player

VLC

Winamp

VLC is what tech illiterates and their grandma's use when they search "Best media player [current year]".

media player classic

autism

This
HC or BE?

Not him but I've never really had problems with VLC. What should I be using that is so much better?

MPV or PowerDVD.

AFAIK, MPV is the only player that will play an entire movie with perfect frame timing (every movie frame shown for the exact same integer number of display frames), with the video-sync=display-resample option and the correct display refresh rate. This means it is the only correct choice.

MPV > VLC

MPC+madVR+XySubFilter

>mpv
>I am a virgin linux user tier

>Not using linux
What are you, a child?

>I share a board with """"'"""people""""'""" like this

>ubuntu/mint user that thinks he is some kind of tech savvy genius
>inb4 lies about using another distro

>Not using Ubuntu MATE

That setup is so 2012. I bet you're a windows user

mpv. if you a gui then use mpc-qt

mplayer

>mplayer
Literally an obsolete version of MPV

Macromedia Shockwave Player

I use it on windows

Mother of god...

who /realplayer/ here

BS Player is the best because it can search for subs

many players can, including mpv

no subs for me, only dubs

How are you supposed to configure this thing on Windows? There aren't even context menus on the player.

mpc with kawaii codec pack

what people who reply to shitty bait

heres another one

you can on mpc

what setup would give me the highest quality playback?

I don't see what's wrong with it
What more would I get from mpv?

VLC

Why do people use VLC?

mpv
vo=opengl-hq

My Blu-ray player

>use mpv

config file
you just type like a txt file

wow thats old. update your mpv.

Why do people use windows

Linux has no support.

smplayer with subtitles plugin in linux
daum potplayer in windows

VLC. I don't care if it's not the best, if I love the movie then I buy it on blu ray anyways

Didn't meant to reply my bad

The default android media player

Pot Player all the way.

>Don't use mpv

I also use mpv

Because is handy and takes a lot of extensions. Is also very stable.

That doesn't matter if the playback is garbage

mpv is so bare-bones. It can pause, play, skip through the file you're in, and that's literally it. How do you deal with this?

mpc-hc just for the play next file in folder and quick switching between files features, I don't get why no other popular player has them

So dorks like you can make believe you're superior for using something more obscure since you have absolutely nothing else in your pathetic life to point to other than your choice in media players.

No, I just want my media player to play my kino properly.

Real niggas only use windows media player.

there are multiple scripts and shaders. you also use config files for settings and customizing keybinds. mpv always you to do things other media players can't.

r u m3?

Sent from my iPhone

>Why do people use VLC?

Women and homosexuals like VLC because it is retard-easy to use.

I used to use MPC-HC, but lately it takes 2-3 seconds for the video to start after opening a file. The audio starts immediately. If I jump to a random location, it takes 10-15 seconds for the video to change. I have no idea what could be the cause.

If it has no GUI, it's trash. mpv's only advantage is that it's so small. If you want more than the two or so options it offers, you might as well use a real player.

Mpc, with madVR. The colors, especially the dark ones have annoying gradients when dark and light is in the same frame. Is it my rips or just the nature of digital movies?

mpv is a real player. you just are too lazy to realize how powerful it is.

Personally I print out each frame of the movie and study them one by one while drinking earl grey and listening to the OST.

Because it has no gui it allows you to do more. there are frontends for it though. If you are tech literate you would know its actually the best media player, especially with the new vulkan api. But I understand there are normies who dont know shit about this stuff.

Yeah, I'm going to learn how to script and then learn 50 keyboard commands so I can use a media player that is not superior in any measure to normal players. Sure thing, I have crippling autism so I love that.

scripts are already made. you literally copy paste them in the appropriate directories. all keybinds can be what you want. Of course you wouldnt know this though because you're onbviously not tech literate. to people like you I would say stick with vlc. its retard proof ;)

>Yeah, I'm going to learn how to script and then learn 50 keyboard commands

I don't know how to script and the keyboard commands are basically the same as mpc-hc except for the advanced features.

I use mpv. Switched from mpc-hc a year ago. It just works.

I am almost tech illiterate and got it running like I like today. The quality is actually worth it. There are front ends, like smplayer, or mvc-hc that you can install and it's like other players.
Anyway, I droped smplayer and installed mpv, I just used the basic config file from Sup Forums, tweaked some stuff, changed a few keybinds to better control subtitles delay, position and size and it was awesome. Then I felt adventurous and installed some script to download subtitles for my language at a touch of a button.
I think the next step is installing some script to do webms from films right of mpv.
All this while loading any film in less than one second with the best image quality I ever had. It turned out better than expected because I can now view my saved webms with insane load times, like a picture.

Just go to Sup Forums and ask questions, most of them will help you.

What setup is 2017?

>not superior in any measure to normal players.
You don't really think people waste their time doing all this for something that makes no difference.
What do you really think?

>You don't really think people waste their time doing all this for something that makes no difference.
I know that's the case, because you can just set up MPC and madVR with 10% of the effort and get a real player with a GUI that you can control with your mouse.

GET REAL!

>Using a mouse for anything other than basic tasks
What the fuck is wrong with you?

i had a similar problem once and it turned out to be a graphics driver issue

I used to watch them on MPC-HC before the great update made the images of my movies freeze randomly while the sound keeps going and I have to close the player by task manager
Therefore I use vlc now

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

>using mpv

lel

>Using VLC
lel
youtube.com/watch?v=Vu-gDXqQ5es

okay, but what's the best media player for Android?

free? paid?

just use vlc for android. it just works.