Kino

Kino

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NIg0OXKcynQ
theguardian.com/film/2017/sep/08/taylor-sheridan-wind-river-native-american-nick-cave-giant-cat
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I watched two episodes of Longmire and got the same effect.

Did Renner buy his way in or use his ties with the writer to get the lead for this film? I think he was fantastic I just don't understand why his character was white. Was there a thematic purpose that I'm not getting? Genuinely asking.

>Genuinely asking.
I doubt it but I will answer you: People wouldn't watch it if there wasn't a white lead. Fact fact and fact.

Taylor Sheridan wanted Renner but he was busy, then opted for Chris Pine but he was busy, then went back to Jeremy, and offered to buy him a drink if he said no or something along those lines.

Im not even american but Isn't wyoming white as fuck?

Part of the message was that Renner's cowboy lifestyle is dying as much as the natives' culture is.

The film follows the story of an expert tracker based in an Indian reserve. Who has an Indian family.
Okay see that makes sense.

I love my Lizfu

Lizzy's thong scene was so dissappointing

Yeah this movie was fucking great. That one scene at the trailer was so well done. Sheridan has a future ahead of him

Sicario > Wind River > Hell or Highwater

now sheridan needs to write a crime thriller set in the woods of the pacific northwest or in the swamps down south

youtube.com/watch?v=NIg0OXKcynQ
8/10
not as good as hell or high water or sicario tho

stop it you fat faggot.

Why the fuck would you genuinely ask this question? Are you racist?

>he didn't understand Wind River as a McCarthyan anti-western
wait why do you think its good

My vote is for swamps down south, but mainly because that's where I live.

I want to live in a cloudy foresty area. Any ideas? Colorado or Maine seem ok.

lmao of course this fucking faggot liked this shit film

he's a pretty direct and good writer

but his directing leaves no impression, just very workmanlike

you can tell the difference between how professional scicario or hell or high water looks

>unironically posting a rape gif
not funny, it wasn't played for laughs in this movie. You're a sicko.

It was trash though

>this loser liked it
Confirmed shit

Is kino used ironically now? This film was fine but nothing to write home about, his previous attempta were way better

Jesus this movie was shitty

>putting the name of the meme as the image name
newfag detected
sicko

He's only directed a couple of movies so far. He could improve tremendously.

lol fuck you, pussy

Personally dont think this is an excuse, youre right he could improve but then where is the natural talent?

whatever, enjoy prison and your shitty life.

Went in not knowing much about it, and I was amazed by it. Great fucking film. Will definitely watch again.

it's not kino. it's /saturdayafternoon/ core. Definitely a great watch but nothing special

What am I going to prison for?

HELL OR HIGHWATER

NOCTURNAL ANIMALS

Having room for improvement isn't an excuse. It's a fact of life. How many perfect things did you do today?

this

Why would you post the scene after her bare ass cheeks retard?

who said it was funny?

the filename being the image name is older than you have been here

t. since 2005

Nah it's great fuck off

it's just good. incredibly sterile directing and drama held up entirely by a twist. there nothing really that wrong with it and it's not bad by any mean but it doesn't hold a candle to real masterpieces from this year like BR 2049 or A Ghost Story

triggered

One of my favorites from this year for sure. Final statistic before the credits really capped the film off well. God tier setting too.

Eh, it's a 7/10.
I mean, not like i'm the biggest fan of MUH TWEESTS, but the way the story progresses and the resolution were somewhat underwhelming, and Renner's "revenge" and the way the film wanted us to feel good about how he killed the killer was dumb as fuck

honestly if you thought the entire movie was about a tweest then I have nothing for you.

She got all those good men killed.

It had potential to be kino, the first part had good pacing and laid out the information slowly but the exposition was so bad and some scenes too corny and Renner should have tried acting a bit more, he can act so I don't know what held him back in this movie

This wasn't wind river was it? I feel like there were alot of scenes cut from the version I watched, including the rape scene.

Not him but I know it was not in Wind River. I saw it few hours ago.
I think its from "The Secret" or "Old boy"

I think that was Martha Marcy May Marlene.

The film works best when it focuses on characters.

It's more a character driven film, whereas most of this genre of film tends to be plot driven.

The story is definitely inspired by Sheridan's own experience living on indian reservations, so I guess that's why.

theguardian.com/film/2017/sep/08/taylor-sheridan-wind-river-native-american-nick-cave-giant-cat

This article goes over it in depth

I liked much of it but the shootout didn't fit really fit in - while nicely executed it was unnecessary and a bit over the top. Also Renners hunt for the fleeing guy should have been longer and more intense in my opinion.

Also, wtf was the argument with land lease, and federal lands and the FBI shit about (non-murrican here). why was it a big deal?

Name 1 flaw

>entirely by a twis
>MUH TWEESTS

I don't get it, what was the twist?

>Br2049 and ghost story
>masterpieces

Jesus fucking Christ. Wind River is better than both Btw and it’s still not higher than 8/10

>better

not the guy who posted but there's no world in which Wind river is better at least in the categories of direction, production design, soundtrack etc.

My favourite of 2017 so far, either this or It comes at night

>held up entirely by a twist.
Wait, what? There was no twist. The movie basically gives everything away when Olsen goes to see the body. Maybe it's because I grew up near reservations and know more about rape around them, but as soon as a mine near the body was found, I knew that's where the rape happened. I actually thought how the mystery was handled was pretty genius.

Even without real-world knowledge, the movie never tries to make you think something else happened, and no suspects are really put forth before the flashback.

I agree with you on the final hunt. 1v1 hunt in an icy wasteland could have made for an absolute kino conclusion.

>before the flashback.
and even then, it's pretty obvious it was the security team, considering they were all bruised up and acting sketchy

It Comes at Night is the best pleb detector ever made. People in my theater were audibly upset when the credits rolled.

I was so shook throughout the entire film desu. It really got my blood pumping. Took me 4 hours to go to sleep from the excitement.

I fucking love Sheridan, but I have to say that Hell or High Water was mediocre, overrated piece of shit.

It was alright desu. Definitely overrated here on Sup Forums but it was still not a "piece of shit" by any stretch.