First time watching this trilogy, any recommendations?

First time watching this trilogy, any recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R5pdKSM_yug
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>any recommendations?
get comfy

watch the first one then stop, the rest is shit

Watch the extended editions.get comfy

DUDE SKATEBOARDING ELFS LMFAO

this

you'd better watch the extended versions

turn it off after balrog, the rest is shit

>watch the first one then stop, the rest is shit
>not liking the battle of helm's deep.
Shiggydiggy

OP here, why is Esealdoor a little bitch?

the extended are good but I'd recommend a theatrical first time around.

Also what's with this guy?

Just skip to the parts where you see Galadriel's feet. Rest is filler.

Alright I think I've got a rough idea of the lore so far, but heck, I should have taken a Tolkein course before watching this...

Track down the six book edition. It's the Harmy's Despecialized of LotR cuts.

Turn back now while you still can

be prepared to never have such a great cinematic/movie watching experience again

>a superhuman is a bitch
Dude, he could snap your neck by flicking it with his finger. The stupid intro didn't reinforce that they're all superhumans. The DESTRROOOY THE RIIIING scene is retarded, in the book, he has a bodyguard of elite-stronger-line-than-most soldiers who, while Elrond could have probably killed them all and destroy the ring, would have resulted in Elves being wiped out. Shit didn't show that. Just showed men are weak lmao. When in fact the book was better, it showed a man who is already king, is already the most powerful (well since his dad died) dude alive (in terms of 'humans') will still go for more power.

What orc armor is better?

This?

Or Mordor Orc armor?

>First time watching this trilogy
are you 12?

>uruk armor vs orc armor
are you retarded?

arent orcs different from uruks?

I recommend that you pay attention rather than shitposting.

???

Put your phone away

Uruks are orcs.

Uruk = Orc in black speech, retards.
Uruk-Hai are the 'Orc-Folk' that Saurman made.

>Uruk-Hai are the 'Orc-Folk' that Saurman made.
No shit you retard. Comparing a race bred for killing to a race of fallen elf mongrels is dumb as fuck.

He's probably asking which design people prefer.

Smoke some weed, man.

>calling someone answering another's question a retard
fuck off, dumbass

are you literally retarded?

Extended editions I hope? Otherwise you should go get them.

Uruk-hai armor is obviously superior, both in looks and protection.

And he wasn't asking that you retard, he was asking for which design was better, holy shit, are you autistic?

Post more Uruk-hai armour please.

Do not watch the fucking Blu Ray editions, they add retarded piss filters to every scene.

>tfw Fellowship is still one of the comfiest movies

Everything about it just feels like a proper oldschool adventure, no massive armies, no politics, just some bros on the road with a mission.

OP here, holy shit, this moria sequence kicks ass

Feeling feels rn :(

I'm jealous, I wish I could watch it for the first time all over again.

it's overrated as fuck by Sup Forums

>watch the extended dvd versions
>don't watch some terrible YIFY rip, these are worth buying
>plan when you're gonna watch them cause they're each almost 4 hours long

watch the first one, then the second one, then the third one

Op here,

>Great use of practical effects
>CGI mostly holds up
>Story is pretty good considering I'm no book reader
>The film's score is fucking great
>Ian Mckellen and Viggo Mortensen were particularly good
>Elijah Wood was meh

9/10, would watch again

Some fine pipe weed, my friend.

Don't watch it. You'll never be able to watch it for the first time again.

The Morannon orcs under gothmog are arguably the most kino and diverse looking orcs visually. So much effort was put into making each one unique.

>First time watching this trilogy
Uh... are you underage or something? How did you avoid it all this time?

Go short on the Elven Dollar

>DUDE SKATEBOARDING ELFS LMFAO
The worst fucking thing in the entire trilogy, if I'm not mistaken.

i had a friend who had never seen it.

he got addicted to heroine and got caught trying to dispose of the unborn fetus of his also heroin addicted girlfriends child out behind his house.

let that be a lesson to the lot of you.

serious question, how did you manage to avoid LotR until 2017?

This

Do I do it boys?

Yes, it’s the best one

All I'll say is that you if you watch that now, you are going to end up watching the third one too

No idea really, I'm a 22 year old loser fuck who was never exposed to the finer things in life roundabout the early 2000s, never owned any games consoles, poor af. Making up for lost time I suppose...

I have a friend that is 35 and never saw any of them. He's not weird, just watches TV shows and barely any movies. He also never saw Forrest Gump, Saving Private Ryan, Gangs of New York, Predator, Titanic, or pretty much any other movie that was super popular at that age. Made him watch Demoltion Man for ths first time yesterday.

Good thing I'm off work tomorrow ;)

I'm sure I'm not the only one who envies you getting to dig into these for the very first time.

Tips:
>go with the extended versions
>focus on the movie i.e. stay off your fucking phone/Sup Forums
>grab some snacks, beverages and get fucking comfy
>skip the Hobbit trilogy when done. for all intents and purposes they don't exist
You're in for a treat tonight, son

I remember back a few years ago when I was a neet I was bored and marathoned all three in a day.

prepare to be bored
you'll watch people walking
walking
walking
walking
walking
but if you enjoy DND you might like it.

Alright I have some questions about the first film though:-

>What exactly do these rings of power do? Is it like mind control or something?
>Why are the elves leaving Middle Earth?
>What is Sauron? Is he like a ghost? Demon?
>What is the Belrog, why do the goblins fear it?
>Why the fuck does Gandalf's friend become corrupted, it seems so stupid, was he being mind controlled?
>Why did Aragorn let Frodo go when it was only fucking Sean Bean who was cracking under the influence of the ring?

They are all literally perfect.

>FOS
Maximum comfy/world-building
>TT
See even more of Middle Earth/things get more serious/Based Anglo-Saxon Rohirrim
>ROTK
Satisfying conclusion/great battles

Fuck you OP now l'm going to have to stay up all night watching them

Yeah I was comfy af, got all three blue-ray extended edition for 12 euros.

>euros

I'm a brit, not many people know what pounds are worth these days, so it was more like a tenner

first time watching in 2017? are you literally in a cave in colombia?

>Islamophobia
Don't kid yourself

If by cave you mean a rented broom cupboard and by Colombia you mean to gracious city of Liverpool then yes.

I'm getting the feeling that because I'm watching the EE, I'm seeing some goofy shit that was cut.

>For example, this guy

moria goblin armor obviously

Stop being poor.

no u

youtube.com/watch?v=R5pdKSM_yug

really, REALLY makes you think

>Also what's with this guy?
>not knowing who Adam Sessler is
kys

>some fat retard takes pride in the accomplishments of other people from a era long past
>isn't aware that Britain is more muzzied than most euro countries

>What is Sauron? Is he like a ghost? Demon?
kind of a low-tier deity like Gandalf
>Why the fuck does Gandalf's friend become corrupted, it seems so stupid, was he being mind controlled?
the ring has powers of it's own, so yes it can corrupt and manipulate minds
>Why did Aragorn let Frodo go when it was only fucking Sean Bean who was cracking under the influence of the ring?
Aragon was more resillient of the ring than Boromir, but not completely resillient. Eventually the ring would have corrupted all of them, Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas. Boromir just happened to be the first to lose it

Best order is 3>2>1

After they get to the elf place and create the Fellowship, turn it off. Everything after that is edgy shit not worth watching if you just want to get comfy.

>tfw ywn watch this for the first time in Imax ever again

It's not as clear cut as magic seen in other fiction, but I suppose you could say it controls the mind of it's bearer unless Sauron has it
>>Why are the elves leaving Middle Earth?
The series of events that happen over the course of LoTR are actually a very tiny fraction of JRR Tolkiens Middle Earth histories, he was kind of weird author. It just so happens that LoTR takes place at the end of an age, the elves are going to the Gray Havens, which is kind of like Heaven

I know I'm gonna sound like a huge sissy, but the only time I ever shed a tear in the cinema was watching Return of the King when 'but I can carry you'

read the books + Silmarillion

The Elves alone would annihilate the Uruks and it was done better in the books, with much more tension.

I'd wait until Thanksgiving-ish to watch it, it'd be more comfy.

it's never clearly explained, Tolkien wrote it before the age of DnD autism where each magical item have to have clearly defined properties. they are just magical things that make you more powerful.
depends on the ring. The One bends the will of others, it was also made to control other Rings and to enhance Sauron's power as poured most of his spiritual essence into the physical through it. Three were made to heal and to slow the passage of time. thats why Rivendell and Lorien are so otherworldly, elfs used the Rings to sustain them, they are enclaves of past ages when world was a more magical place while magic from the rest of Middle Earth slowly faded. Seven were used by Dwarfs to get great riches, but it also corrupted them in the process and they could think only about hoarding more, which caused the destruction of great dwarven kingdoms. Nine were used by human kings to get power, influence, respect and wisdom.
>>Why are the elves leaving Middle Earth?
they've grown weary of it. also magic is slowly fading from Middle Earth, era of myths is ending and humans are taking over, they don't belong there anymore.
>>What is Sauron? Is he like a ghost? Demon?
fallen angel for all intents and purposes. he's obsessed with controlling everything and shaping the world to his will, thats why he created the Ring.
>>What is the Belrog, why do the goblins fear it?
in the past ages there was a more powerful Dark Lord, Morgoth. basically Satan/Lucipher, archangel that went against Eru, or God in the mythos. Sauron was just his lieutenant then, he was on that power level. Balrogs were lesser fallen maia, or angels (Gandalf and Saruman are also in this cathegory), that followed him. Durins Bane was asleep since Morgoth's fall. goblins feared him because he was a powerful motherfucker, he destroyed Moria alone when dwarves woke him up.

but why couldn't he actually just pick up the ring? too scared?

>>Why the fuck does Gandalf's friend become corrupted, it seems so stupid, was he being mind controlled?
Gandalf and Saruman were both sent from Valinor as guides in the struggle against Sauron. Saruman was not mind controlled, he fall was all his. when he used the palantir he saw how much force Sauron gathered, he lost hope, thought that there is no way of defeating Sauron. be in his hubris he thought could use the Ring to take over Saurons place, in his mind he was only pretending to ally Sauron and waited to build his own force and for a good moment to strike at him. but he was of course manipulated.
>>Why did Aragorn let Frodo go when it was only fucking Sean Bean who was cracking under the influence of the ring?
because he knew that he would eventually fail as well. laso as he said, he would not abandon Merry and Pippin. Frodo does not need him anymore, he would actually be a danger to him, now he has his kingdom to protect in the upcoming war

Did you watch the movie? There is literally a scene showing that Sam is easily corrupted by the ring. In the end even Frodo can't bring himself to destroy it, but he got further than Sam would have

Turn it off after Galadriel voicing the prologue, the rest is crap

nah, it shat the bed after New Line Cimes logo in the opening credits

first is the worst

Grab some snacks, drinks and get comfy, OP. I'm rewatching all of them, extended of course, right now.

Not him, but I don't remember that scene. Or do you mean the part where Sam rescues Frodo and is slightly reluctant to give Frodo back the Ring? That was just a split second. I wouldn't say that it showed "that Sam is easily corrupted by the ring." Everyone is corruptable by the Ring, if anything Sam showed that he was more resistant than most. Though Frodo was the best at bearing the burden, I agree.

/thread

>slightly reluctant to give Frodo back the Ring?
He's not reluctant to give it back because he wanted it, he was shocked to see how frodo was snatching at it and demanding he give it back, acting like twink gollum.

>tfw it's about time for the annual rewatch
Time for comfy

>tfw you'll never watch the movies or read the books for the first time ever again and experience the sense of wonder and adventure

At least the threads are comfy.

Exactly. So which scene was
talking about? I don't recall any scene showing Sam being easily corrupted.