/who/ - Doctor Who General

Procedural TARDIS Generation: The Sequel edition.

PREVIOUSLY:

Other urls found in this thread:

thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/tardis/rooms/
youtube.com/watch?v=XpqqjU7u5Yc
youtube.com/watch?v=hEs9XSB952Y
youtu.be/x_E9EsC1gYs
youtube.com/watch?v=7he2oFO8L3s
youtube.com/watch?v=cySjQGx6PXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cf0l7mOG6_0
youtube.com/watch?v=HjFi_IPYPJU
youtu.be/e6VF_US6YG0
youtu.be/hElceSZmkhE
mega.nz/
bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-who-main-range-early-cds-go-digital
youtube.com/watch?v=h-OTYT02W7E
youtu.be/uKnJl6biOjI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Caption this image.

Reposting ideas here:

>Customisable Console Room
You’d be able to change the desktop theme to any of the existing ones, plus maybe a few custom-designed ones (possibly ones based off concept art).

>Music
The music could be some ambient stuff from 60s Who. The TARDIS hum could also be present and have a separate volume level if it gets annoying.

>Corridors
Obviously the corridors would be an important aspect. But to keep them from being boring, I think there should be stuff like stairwells, random things like occasional desks/chairs, etc. Maybe also have very very occasional changes in design to match different styles of corridors we’ve seen.

>Rooms
Most stuff that’s appeared in the show would be great to find.
thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/tardis/rooms/
I’ll probably do a Google doc of room ideas and get some input from /who/. I’ll post my own ideas in a separate comment.

What we'll probably need:
>Programmers
>Modellers
>Designers

I'd be happy to do a bit of the modelling/designing for it, but I'm not too confident in my skills with it.

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=XpqqjU7u5Yc

Harriet Jones ex prime minister looking tired.

>Programmers
More or less.
>Modellers
Would like to do this.
>Designers
>yfw /who/ becomes a game studio and a audio producing company

Speaking of audio companies, neo surely your audios weren't a one and done thing right? What will you do next? Your 2.5 fics?

>we end up getting shut down by Big Finish or the BBC

I'll definitely do my ST2.5 fics (very happy with my ideas, but I'm keeping them on the down low for now ofc), I'm tossing up whether I should have them done before ST2.5 actually drops so they release at the same time, or stagger them out like I did with ST2. Leaning towards the latter because I think that helps spread and extend the excitement of a new collection more, and not hog the spotlight or anything.

I am considering adapting the Dalek Empire Short Trips into audio form. It bugs me that the 'ending' of that series is kinda a Short Trips collection, and that they're all (except one) in text form rather than audio form, like the rest of that series. I think that could be a fun way to push myself a bit more too, playing around with Dalek ring modulator VSTs or something.

That might come after ST2.5 though. I'm gonna be more busy soon and not have the time as much - I basically did my 4 hours of ST2 audios in a week and it was fairly exhausting. Not sure if it shows, but recording pic related, I'd said the word "Doctor" so much I lost the ability to say it normally and had to think very phonetically to get the word out, kek.

Great! It'd probably be best to have a few of each. Sadly I have zero experience with game development myself but I'll try and get some room design done.

If we could get Shit Trips done twice, we can get this done. It may take a while, but it could be interesting.

Post your big pasta of all your audios and their premises so it doesn't look like we're jerking off some non existent thing

Don't rush it or overwork yourself and get bummed out when it doesn't come together easily, but you can actually get these sorts of projects done, just need commitment.

>Post your big pasta of all your audios and their premises

The Stolen Regeneration
youtube.com/watch?v=hEs9XSB952Y
What if 10 had regenerated into 11 in the Series 4 finale? 7 minutes.

The Tenth Hour
youtu.be/x_E9EsC1gYs
What if 10 hadn't regenerated in The End of Time, but went on to be in Series 5 alongside Amy, as Moffat originally planned? 15 minutes.

The Parting of the Crisps
youtube.com/watch?v=7he2oFO8L3s
How did Moffat's attempts to convince Eccleston to come back for the 50th "really" go? 6 minutes.

Time Enough and World
youtube.com/watch?v=cySjQGx6PXQ
What if 12 and 8 were brought together, only to be forced to live through their very darkest days? Part 1 of a two-parter. Spoilers for 8's audios. 49 minutes.

The Doctor Rises
youtube.com/watch?v=cf0l7mOG6_0
What if 12 and 8 were brought together, only to learn what defined their greatest triumphs? Part 2 of a two-parter. Spoilers for 8's audios. 52 minutes.

Thrice Upon a Time
youtube.com/watch?v=HjFi_IPYPJU
What if Heather/the space oil was the final form of the Cybermen from the colony ship? 27 minutes.

The War of the Doctor
youtu.be/e6VF_US6YG0
What if the Bad Wolf tried to "fix" the Doctor, but in the process splintered off dozens of alternate timelines that explained inconsistencies like 8 originally regenerating into 9, or the Doctor originally actually using the Moment? Spoilers for 8’s audios. 1 hour, 10 minutes.

ST2 Megamix: The War of the Doctor Rises
youtu.be/hElceSZmkhE
What if all these ST2 audios were connected, and this megamix added linking transitions and new scenes to show how they’re all one continuous story? Spoilers for 8’s audios. 4 hours.

Having an anxiety attack, /who/
post comfy Who gifs

Want to talk about it?

>it's a fitton audio

What happened, user?

Been high for the last 24 hours or so and kept screaming quotes from the TV movie, what'd I miss?

t.McGanon.

There's a guy hard of hearing on Reddit who wants the Big Finish scripts so he can understand the audios properly as he listens, would it be bad if I pm'd him our book mega link so he could get the script pdfs for himself?

Nope, kek

What's this shit with the TARDIS Lym is talking about though?

i hope jodie grows her hair out like capaldi so by the end of her run its super long

big hair is always better

rewatching s8 rn and capaldis short hair looks shit

Why not just rehost the scripts to a separate mega, keep our own safe and still get the guy what he wants then

This. Import that shit or at least download/reupload.

I don't know how

I'll do it.
I'll rehost the script pdfs from the book Mega to a new Mega, post the link in this thread, then you can give this new separate Mega link to this hard of hearing Reddit fellow.
Everybody wins that way, nothing is compromised here, but the guy still gets what he needs.

I don't understand why girls don't grow their hair longer.

If I were a girl, I would grow it so it touched my waist.

It would be cool if Jodie had a bunch of different hairstyles throughout the series

The longer your hair is the more of a pain in the ass it is to deal with.

I guess but it sure does look nicer.

Hate having my hair cut and having to deal with short hair.

This, I'm a guy and I had long hair (like TVM Mcgann levels except it looked like shit) and it took ages to wash it and for it to dry, when I finally got a haircut it was pretty short and it took like 5 minutes to dry

Here you go
mega.nz/
#F!pKwyUaBK!oic_bbfc8YexGYoYr1n9DA
Send him that and he'll be right

Lym's planning on building a fully functional tardis

I wouldn't have to get high to scream quotes from the TVM, but I might get weird looks for it.

Can confirm. My hair's fairly long right now (reaches just my waist or thereabouts) but it used to be, like, down to my hips and it was a fucking nightmare. Still is right now, but manageably so.

wait in real life

Wait. Your hips are only about 3 inches from your waist.

Butt, then. I was trying to be polite and that was the closest I could get.

That makes more sense.

Hey remember that time you didn't try to be polite with me and crushed my dreams of bat companions?

Yeah, I figure... god, user, I was trying my best not to be crude. You fucked it up, but I'll let it slide this time.

kek. it was spoilertagged and *you* chose to look at it despite my warning. look at it this way: it's emotional preparation. if you know what's coming (or rather, what's not...), it can't hurt you as much

yes

You get a Vortisaur companion and you'll support it

I'll give you a taste of your own emotional preparation medicine some time and see how you like it, hrm..
Ramsay!

>yes
oh shit how

Spoil me and you are dead.

>ramsay also btfo within a few stories
how do you feel?

Perhaps I could address both points in your comment with one reply. Perhaps I'm making that up. Perhaps I could clarify. Perhaps I'll refrain from doing so.

He's checking what he needs to build one and what he wants in it like decoration and rooms, then he's going to wait until future!lym comes back in time and gives it to him.
There used to be a gif posted on /who/ during the great days of the trip wars showing this theory. I'll see if I can find it

Should have looked before replying. Was easy to find

Can confirm. I just came back to here! I've just been to a parallel universe where fanfilms are real and now I have jess gf

Also, user: you should probably take a different route tomorrow.

what the fuck

Okay so I'm mostly a newfag (although I watched the movie with 8 and l listened to some of his audio), but I think the dumbest in NuWho would be 8th or 10th. And it's not because there are generally dumb af (honestly, I don't there are in a broad sense), but because some qualities of their personality made them so.

I think 8th is a very naive Doctor, full of hope, with a really young, romantic spirit which sometime makes him to do really dumb thing and I really think that one of the reason he has the biggest death count amogst his companions.

On the other hand 10th is really proud and vain and those two thing sometimes cloud his vision on certain things (the best example is ending of the ending of the waters of mars, which is really best example of this)

sorry for my shitty English, I hope you are able to understand what I wrote because I barely can myself.

Yeah, I'm feeling the same right now.

>it's a new IP

lads what if he's actually telling the truth

Back once again.

From today, there will only be a short window of opportunity to fill the early Main Range gaps on your CD shelves! To help your collections we have one of our most special, special offers yet.

bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-who-main-range-early-cds-go-digital

Already brought some! Excited to get my very first physical big finish audios!

>Night Thoughts
already have a copy thanks Briggs

Which ones did you buy?

My two absolute favourites, Scherzo and The Natural History of Fear

Nice, I gotta keep listening to the 8 audios

Hell Bent kinda reminded me of Scherzo (even thought Heaven Sent is obviously the clearer comparison) in fundamentally shifting the companion dynamic.

Finished Part 1 or 3 of Zagreus earlier - it's certainly interesting. I'm really hyped for Scherzo though.

Long one ain't it

Post unknown facts about Doctor Who

All the girls tell you that?

Originally someone thought David Burton would have made for a great Eighth Doctor.

Originally, Dr. Who was going to be named Professor Foreman, until someone at the BBC suggested making his name sound more mysterious

Source?

An aborted timeline saw jazz hands and Cara Delevingne as the doctor and companion.

Why didn't I appreciate S8 for being this comfy when it aired?
youtube.com/watch?v=h-OTYT02W7E

Spelling "Doctor Who" as "Dr. Who" is discouraged as it often confuses people who watch the cult Channel 4 show "Daterapist What", which was often shortened to "Dr What" to appease censors.

Originally, the second doctor who story to be made wasnt the daleks; it was called The Masters of Luxor

Or did I make it up?

As a tribute to his Torchwood script, Chibnall plans to crossover Doctor Who with the children's series Cybergirl.
youtu.be/uKnJl6biOjI

This weird low-quality early-2000s shit is my aesthetic

That simultaneously looks great and like the absolute worst

It's all the one title. "No. Gallifrey Falls More."

no plo · fo tro co kno · plo fo fo · no flo plo bla

I actually have a fic idea about Jazz Hands Doctor (played by Colin Farrell) and Cara Develigne, alongside Luna Lovegood, against Robin Thicke Master.

Doctor Who is dead.

Doctor Who might change, but it will never truly die.

Just to make it even more horrifying, write it in the style of a middle-of-the-road MCU movie, with quips and random pop culture references.

My absolute greatest fear for Chibber's Who is that he will go down this route to appease to normies

colin baker played 7th doctor right?

When can we expect some more news on the Christmas special?

>I'm the Doctor! Not a doctor who does surgery and operation thingies, but it's kind of my name. My title, if you will. Like a wrestler who calls himself the Warrior or the Undertaker. I'm like that, yeah.

That sounds like actual Eleven dialogue.

>"This is the true power of my creations, Doctor! The entire human race, destroyed!"
>"Excuse me, Davros, I'm gonna go take a whizz"

That's definitely my biggest fear too. I don't think it'll happen though if Broadchurch is anything to go by.

>Disney got the rights to air Series 3 and 4 but didn't end up showing them

This isn't how MCU does quips, though. That'd adding random humor. "MCU is such a quipfest" argument hides that the quips are often different based on character. The Avengers:

>Iron Man's quips are usually a way to keep his cool in stressful situations, or make fun of his enemies, or show annoyance at friends

Captain America: his quips are usually based on his lack of knowledge or innocence

>Black Widow: her quips are based on underplaying a situation.

>Thor: his quips are based on bluster, or boasting, or laughing at humans

>HULK: He's a walking smash machine.

MCU works because the humor, when well-done, is specific to the character. As long as 13 quips appropriately, it'll be ok.

I hope so.

Le sigh....

Poor Troughton. How unflattering.

>Tom is a midget

>The Masters of Luxor
Kino

I think it was part of some push to get more foreign shows on the channel, literally the only thing that stuck around from that was the anime.