Someone lived this

>someone lived this

Why did he get so mad? He clearly interpreted having real memories as being a (half) real boy and not a full skinjob, shouldnt he be happy about it? Isnt that like waking up one day and realizing youre not a nigger after all?

Bump

>dude racism
Bad enough you had to make a new thread for this brainlet of a question, Sup Forums is calling you back, little child

Finding out your life was a life never feels good, even if it's the "right" way. Now he has to imagine all this shit as real and not a fake memory.

Eerily, it's much the same when you've been abused as a child and only see the truth as an adult.

>didn't ask for all these feels

He confirmed that he was the target of his own mission. That meant he had to either turn himself in, kill himself, or lie to his boss about completing the mission - and replicants hate lying

She believed him despite not having taken an eye, or did she understand it was him? I have no clue.

Many things were unclear in that movie.

she wanted all trace removed, scanning an eye would have flagged something or left a trace on the systems

it seemed that she believed him and let him go despite the baseline thing, because it's such a sensitive mission

His boss (Lt. Joshi) believed him because Nexus 9 replicants supposedly never lie (Luv taunts her about this right before she tells her she's going to kill her and lie to Mr Wallace about why). Joshi probably believes that K is just acting weird and horribly failing his baseline test because he feels bad about retiring the child, so she feels sorry for him and lets him flee.

it's kinda weird that the only known instance of a replicant lying happens right then. they act like it's just canon for Nexus 9's

K was a loyal bot until then and Joshi has obviously encounter plenty of rep's already, as well as seeing baseline tests

well his circumstances were pretty extraordinary. Luv claims to be capable of lying, and the replicant hookers (they must be Nexus 9's because all the remaining Nexus 8's look ~50 years old) must have to lie all the time if they're active in an underground resistance movement.

He realized what he could've been, and that all his life he was forced to be a slavebot even though he's (sort of) a real person. All those memories he considered to be fake injections are actually real etc.

Thats my best guess, that scene is kinda vague as to whats happening in his head desu and even in this thread theres like 3 different explanations.

Yeah i also think she should have been happy about it but then he was just liked Deckard when he killed Zohra, he realized he was killing his own kind. But there's still a problem, why is K idependent? He can't be a nexus 8. Then who is he?

a Nexus 9

Why did Wallace take the risk of making disobeying replicant incognito? When humans will find out the new replicants are dangerous again his company will end up like Tyrell bankrupt because his replicants would be banned again. That doesn't make any sense.

>neglecting all your memories as "fake" even though you love them and can't stop thinking about them while you live a life as an isolated task oriented workslave only to suddenly find out that everything that you dismissed was entirely real all this time and you have an actual family out there somewhere if they are even alive
yeah everyone is clapping and cheering when they find out that everything that they ever did or thought was wrong

Fucking dumb shit actually paid to see this flop
Yeah, you're "patrician" alright

This is a racist website reddit, get used to it or get going

Nigger

He was happy though did you see the scene right after that?

Until this point he is reconciled with his pointless existence so he is repressing his anger and frustration. Here he realizes he does actually have the right to feel bad about having a shitty life and being treated like shit.

How did he know the memories maker was the real child. Did the replicant women in Las Vegas told him or did he make a conclusion by himself?

All of them have the potential to become rebellious, even Nexus 9's. The humans just take preventative measures (like the baseline tests) with all replicants to make sure that never happens. The idea that they never lie is probably just a common misconception that exists because the vast majority of them do not lie.

>replicant hookers
According to tvtropes at least Mariette was a human who was sympathetic to reps.
I don't remember hearing it in the movie and I didn't see it somewhere else

He came to the conclusion himself right after Freysa told him he wasn't the one

I interpreted it as her genuinely liking K despite lnowing he was of a lower social rung. She made a sexual pass at him earlier, she respects his work ethic, she shoes out the other workers when screaming at him about failing his baseline, she makes it explicitly clear that she stuck out her neck to get him off the hook despite a radically failed test, and ahe protects his whereabouts from Luv. Even if she genuinely didn't know, the suspicion is she was giving K the subtle hint to run for his life; she knew he was off ans bought him time to run.

That's one of the many reasons I loved this movie. It's like a Dostoevsky novel in that all its characters are just mouthpieces to argue a certain theme, making it seem pretty straightforward. But there are also multiple instances of complicated relations and feelings being revealed between characters without any clewe cut example as to how they truly feel. Luv's relationships with multiple characters was another good instance of it.

Great movie. For the first time in a long time I am genuinely interested in there potentially being a sequel.

If you watched the short film, you can see Wallace order a nexus 9 to kill himself and he does it on the spot because these ones don't disobey

Massive Dostoyevsky fan here and I thought the exact same thing about the characters ha, I know there's a lot of valid Kafka connections to make but I really thought the characterisations felt very Dosto. Any other thoughts on connections and similarities like that, to Dosto or anyone else?

It's called /super reddit/

Reddit pls go

You seem to have some pretty narrow pools of reference.

How so?

This all.

Just imagine you're being told you're a designed slave, something created, without rights. Your behavior reflects it and you're always serving without question, even if you're assigned to kill your own people. Imagine having the looming baseline tests over your head, where you could always be 'retired' if you don't pass them, in addition to having a very dangerous job already, killing (sometimes military grade) replicants.

Now Imagine this was all a lie. That you ARE human and born from a womb. That you theretically HAVE the right to live, since you are not just a skinjob who slipped out of Wallaces plastic packages. That your memories are memories. That you have parents, albeit your mother being dead.

Now imagine you are STILL royally fucked since the human society thinks that the idea of you is the most dangerous thing to them, because you would change the whole dynamic of humans being above replicants. Imagine you have to chase yourself, and that the moment LAPD realize you are their target they would have an easy time to eliminate you.

I think the Goose did such a good job showing what a person would feel after they learned this.

That 2036 replicant was probably very young and extra brainwashed for that demonstration. Maybe his memory implants are what make him so loyal to the point of being willing to kill himself, and as a replicant gets older and makes new memories, their implants have less and less of an influence on their behavior and they change. I bet that before he suspected he was the child, K would have killed himself if Joshi ordered him to.
The Nexus 6 replicants were known to become more and more unstable / more likely to go rogue as they got older and gained experiences + developed their emotions, but when they were young and new to the world they were obedient and easy to enslave.