RWBY/RT General #1139: It's Cold Outside Edition

Previous Thread:Rules of RWBY/RT General:

>1. Read the Pastebin: pastebin.com/UmEaBVGW
>2. Arguing about the thread isn't discussion.
>3. Don't believe their lies

Latest Chapter: wpc.1765A.taucdn.net/801765A/video/uploads/videos/0181f2ba-3271-4634-87d6-d6672e9b35ce/index.m3u8

1080P Episode Archive: mega.nz/#F!S1E3wTRQ!4RH3D97O1-ZiW_lMAu7xog

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/works/5391641
youtube.com/watch?v=VwvHt7Cdswk
youtube.com/watch?v=vC4GGRpTSzw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for qtest chocolate

foiled again, bugposter

I usually don't care that much about ships but, holy shit, that's a horrible ship.

Bigger is better

Do you think Weiss can taste all the dicks Yang has sucked when she kisses her?

>Implying that's not the reason she's into her

Post good fanfiction that has more than yuri shit.

I like that story about team ENMY.

archiveofourown.org/works/5391641

>archiveofourown.org/works/5391641

That is the literal best RWBY fanfic.

It really is, made me start calling Glynda a scrub lord

>tfw having a last night dream of playing with Blake's cat ears while in a movie theater

feels good mayne

>little to no large animated fights
>like only one good one
>even more side characters who will never be developed introduced
>RWBY split means as expected; the story is going as a snails pace
>ham fisted exposition being delivered on the regular by Qrow
>its even contradicting previous WoR's
>the story is doubling down on expanding forever instead of slowing down to focus on what it already had
>the payoff for this season won't happen until Vol 5
>even then the ACTUAL payoff will be in 2018 most likely

So V4 confirmed as /as bad as V2/ yet?

>breach 2.0 confirmed

Why are all the main character never portrayed well? I mean everytime they are on screen they are either massive bitches (Weiss + Blake) or useless (Yang + Ruby)

Also why is the fanbase for this show do dame aggressive?

If singles, all lolis become canon.

I wish i had nice dreams like that.
i actually wish i had dreams in the first place.

Its leagues better than volume 2, much better than volume 1 but strictly worse than volume 3
3>>>>>>>>>As for the exposition dump, Qrow dropped that once, in one episode, its hardly dominated his screentime
Two, more importantly, there are some very obvious reasons why it was allowed to contradict a WoR: YOU SHOULD NOT TRUST QROW OR OZPIN AS FAR AS YOU CAN THROW THEM
I feel that needs to be in caps for people to get why they decided to make the Two Brothers dump a in character, in show moment instead of using a WoR to explain it, then simply implying that Qrow covered that in the break between episode 7 and 8

I've dreamt like, once in the past 17 days.
I miss all the fun dreams i used to have.

>tfw endless nightmares

I have this thing where I have dreams, but only half remember, so I have to piece them together after I wake up. I think I end up making cooler dreams than I actually had.

Oh god, please not again

I think the exposition dump feels worse because that moment is by far the most expansive look into Remnant's history we have ever gotten, and the thing which has advanced the story the most in V4, and it was a complete joke of a scene.

I just feel like, whilst V4 did have to be the toned down volume after the HO SHIT fest that was V3, they've just made a dogs breakfast of the whole thing. RWBY should never have been split up, character moments should have taken precedence over world building, and maybe that would have mitigated the lack of screentime RWBY has. But instead of using a little time to try and tell a concise but good story, they are trying to use a little time to tell a gigantic and bereft story.

No arguments about them making a bit of a dogs breakfast out of things, but I disagree about splitting up RWBY. They've all got individual stories they need to work through that just wouldn't work if they were all still together somehow
I agree character building should have taken precedence, but the bugger is there is so little to the world of RWBY right now they had to spend time establishing it now because they didn't do it before
A lot of the problems in Volume 4 are left overs from previous volumes, the more we move away the better it gets

I think babies are gay

dead

are you saying ruby has a gay trapped inside of her?

I think yuri is gay

Other way around

youtube.com/watch?v=VwvHt7Cdswk

You're thinking right

Are you saying Babies are homosexual or are you insulting babies?

both

>Yang pushing a wad of cum into Weiss' mouth with her tongue
Boner time already?

Wew lad. I wasn't ready for that mental image

So RWBY vs Zombies?

>Yang pushing a wad of cum into Weiss' mouth with her tongue

But Weiss was at her best when she was a bitch

Let's be honest though, the show really isn't about RWBY

>The show RWBY is about ________
Fill in the blank, I want to know why I'm here.

It's The Jaune Arc show, guest starring team RWBY.

Jaune

The smut

I call it yellow snow.

Jaune

Accepting death

did he ever respond to that?

Gonna go out on a limb and say of course not!

The waifus

>RT
>Responding to criticism
Even when directly confronted with it at panels they just brush it off

Jaune. It's undeniable now.

How can she watch RWBY WHEN she's tasteful?

Jaune has had growth and development, which requires acknowledging his faults.

I feel they would need to call attention to Ruby's flaws in order for her to be more significant, or at least become a better character, but the show isn't very good at doing that.

I'm hoping that at the very least her insistence on fighting Tyrian to Qrow's detriment would be addressed as an issue. There's a time and place for her storybook mentality for heroics, but that sure as hell wasn't it. It somewhat hearkens back to volume 1 in the forest when she gets in Weiss's way while fighting off grimm.

It's disappointing.
She's the hero, a supposed prodigy accepted into a combat school for her abilities, and a team leader who logically should have some tactical prowess.
Even if Qrow's semblance wasn't a factor, she should've recognized that she would end up being a liability.

8 different coming of age stories all hastily written and stitched together

Everyone needs a guilty pleasure every now and again

Vore?

And this is why they're so shit

>LALALALALA DON'T HURT MY FEELINGS

Cannibalism

You know. Its kind of sad that even if they didnt just focus solely on RWBY the show wouldn't really imporve all that much. I mean hell look at Blake. Everytime the focus on her she just gets worse.

Did focus soley on* accidentally a word

Basically they're just shit writers

Ruby's been charging into battles to ignore her issues since the very first volume, and each time the risks have gotten greater and she's escaped with less and less clearance every time. She nearly died about three times during the finale to volume 3 alone with the way she was charging into battles one after the other
This isn't something the writers are ignorant of, otherwise there wouldn't be the clear escalation, its just taking a while because there really hasn't been a good time for Ruby to buckle and finally acknowledge she has a hero complex and what a huge problem its become for her and her team mates

>A few days ago they posted the 'why you always lying' meme on the RT twitter account with the comment 'when someone says RWBY is a bad show'

God damn they really have their heads up their asses

>tfw Weiss' focus just makes her worse too

>Volume 1 Weiss will never return

>
>I think leaker might be off. Ollie is dead in the IJ universe. Dinah was supposedly dead, but her fate was up in the air in the comics. The Joker is definitely dead on injustice world and Batman dragged the Earth-1 Joker back. There's a ton of redundancies in there like Ivy/Swamp Thing, Cold/Freeze and Catwoman/Cheetah as well as missing big fan favorites from the original like Martian Manhunter and Zantanna you'd expect them to include (Especially since Zee is a big part of the plot along with Doctor Fate and Constantine).
>There was elements of Tower Of Babel going on with the entire UI being based around Brother Eye. And the original announcement trailer sounded like it was being narrated from the perspective of Ra's Al Ghoul so it's possible that the whole "Lines are being redrawn" aspect of the plot is the League Of Assassin's, Braniac, Grodd's new Injustice Society trying to manipulate the heroes infighting to their favour.
>I really doubt that list is real, to be honest. Maybe we will get 31 characters and 9 DLC to bring it to 40 but I really don't think it's the real roster.

I hope she does it again when it's just her and Jaune because Qrow's dying and none of their teammates are there. I want to see the consequences of it.

Eclipse comf

If its going to happen it will be when they get to Haven and the story can switch gears from survival to investigation. Something like Ruby's facade finally breaking down won't happen when she's still in her "throwing myself forward into danger to escape processing grief" stage

Shitty kitty doesn't deserve Sun

>3 episodes left
>they're still in the middle of nowhere
I feel like the story has barely moved

Sun should get together with Yang

I've only gotten one boner from watching this volume compare to the hundreds watchinf the others

They just found a signpost to Mistral, they're getting close. Guarantee you they're in Haven by the end of Chapter 12, and the entire volume will be cast as a "wandering in search of purpose" arc to disguise its lack of real direction
Come volume 5 they all have much more defined objectives and hopefully more defined stories as well

Yang won't hit him

Yang is best waifu

Wasn't there a part 2 to this?

youtube.com/watch?v=vC4GGRpTSzw

I dunno, the "Oobleck rates ships" one was fucking brilliant.

What if Yang kissed you before going off on a mission

We might as well just give up and stop watching.

Nothing good will ever come of people with heads up their asses in their own fame, jerking their egos off instead of wanting to make a masterpiece that everyone can appreciate, without letting it get to their head.

That's the same mentality that got us the Star Wars prequel trilogy.

Wonder who the hell she is and what just happened

she's yang and she kissed you before going off on a mission

Sli her some tongue and get a little handsy.

>Entry 22
>I can’t believe I had to lecture Ironwood again on basic military strategy. First you let your scouts assess the situation to determine the best course of action, thén you send in your force. This is 101, how did he ever make it to general without understanding this basic principle? His impatience and pride are going to be his undoing one day.

>Additional note: Scouts, students, same difference.

run to the hospital to get checked for all the diseases yang is most likely carrying

But why? I don't even like her

Poost Pyrrha.

Check myself into a mental hospital, I'm obviously going insane. I'm seeing RWBY characters and even worse, imagining that they like me

You dream every night you just don't remember it

Killer Queen already touched Pyrhha

>Ruby on the other hand might be young enough to be molded into what we’re looking for...
>We are taking Oobleck's suggestion into consideration.

>Note to self: Check whether or not proposed course of action is ethical.

>Additional note: If found unethical, do it anyway.