QI - Panel Shows

Two hours until the latest series of QI starts off. Will you be watching it?

S15E01: Ologies
>Alan Davies
>Bill Bailey
>Phill Jupitus
>Claudia Winkleman

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MBoB5dSjYRM
youtube.com/watch?v=2prE-DUyESY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Whoops, wrong pic.

>no based Fry
>this cunt instead
No thanks

she's fine, and alan is actually better now he's not playing the fool to fry's master as much.

>Claudia Winkleman

How has she made a career for herself on tv? I don't get it, she offers nothing not even good looks.

shes a jew

I hate her wacky personality but something about her looks really does something for me.

Toksvig's fine, I quite like her as the host actually. And it is nice to see Alan bloom and show that he's actually quite intelligent.

Fuck no. Haven't enjoyed QI in years, it's too meandering and samey now, the appeal is long diluted

I once heard it called "simultaneously pretentious and infantile," which just about sums it up.

It was mainly about Fry showing off how clever he is. And now there's a card-carrying feminazi in charge. I think I'd rather surf the ad breaks on Freeview ...

Her Mum was built for sex and fucked everyone in Britain.

Fry showed off his knowledge when he had the chance, but don't fall for the trap that he actually knew all the shit they discuss in the episodes. The documentary is very clear about that.
Fry comes in a couple hours before filming and gets handed his cards with the questions and answers, and studies them for a bit. Alan was also in that documentary and said Fry's not actually that hyper intelligent and quick, it's just edited that way. Whenever someone asks him a question, or to elaborate on something Fry's said, there's a whole team of researcher in the back looking up the answer and telling it to Fry in his earpiece.

The line-up looks good, Alan Davies and Bill Bailey work well together. Jupitus is hit-or-miss but I still like seeing a regular in there instead of some young new comedian I've never heard of. Winkleman will be interesting to see, I don't think she's been on QI before. She probably won't score a lot of points but she might make for a few good laughs. Better than getting Millican or Katherine Ryan again.

can't say I'm a fan of winkleman, but she'll probably be enthusiastic to be there at least and provide some energy, walk into traps that would have been there for alan in the past.

bailey and jupitus solid regulars.

shoudl be alright.

Token female on panel shows ...

See also "Sarah Pascoe."

Why would you need that now that Toksvig is the host?

Thiss. We are in the Allanssance

>see also "sara pascoe's arse in leather trousers on taskmaster"

ftfy

Who knows, she cold turn out to be an unexpected delight.
If they need to have a woman on the panel I'm glad that they seem to be experimenting with new women who haven't appeared yet.
Instead of always getting Jo Brand/Sue Perkins/Susan Calman to fill the quota they're getting new women on, and if we're lucky they could end up being good.

That said, next week is Nish Kumar, Cariad Lloyd and Holly Walsh so I don't have high hopes for that one, Alan will have to carry the episode.

>Why would you need that now that a founder of the Women's Equality Party is the host?
You can see the rage in Toskvig's eyes at having to share a room with any men whatsoever.

I remember when I first heard Toksvig was replacing Fry I thought the token female thing would be resolved, but alas, hosts don't count apparently.

I don't mind having a woman on the show now and then, but early QI with four men as guests was a lot better and there was much more camaraderie. They had two episodes of QI with three female guests and Alan even before that diversity rule and they were both shit. It just doesn't work as well.

I never thought much of nish, but I've warmed up to him in the few episodes of this years taskmaster I've caught, just being the DESIGNATED whipping boy and taking it on the chin.

he'll walk into all the wrong answers.

That party just wants equality, nowt wrong with that in my view, equality doesn't mean man-hating, in fact that's the opposite. I know you're probably joking or exaggerating but Toksvig is fine with men despite being a lesbian and a feminist. She's good friends with Stephen Fry and her and Alan seem to be getting on really well. I was afraid there would be a lack of chemistry once she took over as quizmaster but luckily that hasn't happened.
Watch the episode of Alan Davies: As Yet Untitled which has Toksvig and Fry as guests, they talk about QI and stuff and you can see they all get along.

Do they still have that thing where women have to make up half the panel?

I was more referring to Cariad and Holly, whose previous appearances weren't great.

I'm like you, I didn't care much about Nish but he's entertaining on Taskmaster. But these are very different shows. He's good on Taskmaster because he fucks everything up and comes up with the most stupid ideas to complete the tasks, and is constantly ridiculed by Greg Davies. But if you watch Nish on any kind of comedy panel show you can see he's mediocre at best.

I'm about to watch episode seven of taskmaster, it's been a good series but it's really flown by, I really don't like the idea that there's only one more episode after this. Really hope they do a new series really quick again (only three months between the last episode of S4 and the first episode of S5)

I'll wait for the XL version. I hate watching vanilla QI and then watching the extended version the next day.

they've announced a champions game for the end of the year after the winner of 5 is done, thinks it's just a two parter though not a whole series.

christmas or new year special I guess.

>That party just wants equality
Then why is it the Women's Equality Party, and not just the Equality Party?

Feminism in 2017 is all about special privileges for women. Specifically middle-class white women.

dream team

Lee Mack
David Mitchell
Rob Brydon
Alan Davies

I miss buzzcocks lads

>lamarr and amstell together, we are truly blessed

youtube.com/watch?v=MBoB5dSjYRM

That's interesting, looking forward to that. Still hope we get a new series in early 2018. Taskmaster is really popular, and the fact that there were only 3 months between series 4 and series 5 gives me hope that they'll be back with a full series quite soon.

will it be good?

thanks so much user i would have missed it x

Anyone watching atm, is it any good? I might watch it later on iplayer or wait for the XL broadcast

it's alright
I haven't watched in a while and didn't know fry left but the lezzer isn't as bad as I thought

I mean, just watch WILTY. 3/4 are in every episode.

>mainly about Fry showing off how clever he is
What the fuck. It's pretty obvious he has questions, answers and talking point in advance.
Are you american by any chance? Do you also believe guests on Ellen deliver honest and unscripted answers?

I like Toksvig as the host, couldn't think of a better replacement.
When someone told me Stephen Fry was leaving I got upset, but then they told me Sandi Toksvig would take over and I immediately went "this could actually work".

>Top Tier
Jack Dee
Jimmy Carr
David Mitchell
Sean Locke
>Great Tier
Bill Bailey
Jeremy Clarkson
Rob Brydon
Phil Jupitus
Lee Mack
Dara O'Brien
Ross Noble
>Average Tier
Sandy Toksvig
Alan Davies
Johnny Vegas
Jason Manford
>Bad Tier
Sue Perkins
Jack Whitehall
>My Husband Tier
Jo Brand
>My Boyfriend Tier
Sarah Millican
>Why The Fuck Are You Here Tier
Nina Conti

>It's pretty obvious he has questions, answers and talking point in advance.
It's equally obvious that he revels in the pretence that he knows it all already. Fry is the pseud's pseud.

It's sorta part of his job though, he's playing the all-knowing quiz master, just like Alan's playing the fool. I do agree he seems to revel in appearing so intelligent and prepared.
That said, he isn't unintelligent by any measure, he's a well-educated, well-read man who knows his stuff.

What's the comfiest episode?

can we try to discus their questions and answers instead of doing the same mindless shit of trying to rank its guests

So.
Everyone is pronounced Everest wrong
The first animal in space was flies
muricas calls Bisons for Buffalos
penguins only cum once a day
Jesus grandma has 7 heads
Holy is a christian term and cant rly be used in other religions
Babies have more bones than addults
The devils number is 616
The US. only has 46 states since 4 of them is actually commenwealths

*pronouncing
*once a year

>sucking jimmy carr's cock this much
TH-THERE'S NO *BURRP* GOD STEPHEN
HAW AW AW AW

>it's a Sue Perkins gets a klaxon and throws her arms wide, eyes closed in apparent ecstasy for some reason episode

>Jo Brand

MY HUSBAND

>Sean Locke

But he's terrible. He constantly insults people on the show who will go down in history books for greater achievements than he's capable of and gets moody like a pissy child when he gets put in his ignorant place.

Sean Locke is fucking awful.

t. American who can't handle the bantz

I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices how often she wears tight leather trousers

Very underrated tits

STOP OBJECTIFYING WOMEN

Bends over in front of camera

I love Sean Lock but he's not a good fit for QI. I don't like how he yawns and pretends to fall asleep, or climbs down under the desk whenever someone genuinely intelligent is explaining something.
Lee Mack was even worse, when he was, for no reason at all, constantly taking the piss out of David Tennant or Daniel Radcliffe who were being perfectly amicable and funny.

The problem with QI is that I always either forget or misremember the questions/answers/trivia. But here's what springs to mind at the moment
>In Pakistan, people who refuse to pay their tax are visited by transvestite tax collectors, which make the debtor in question so embarrassed that they pay up just to get them to leave
>Most farm animals have regional accents
>Japan has a chicken sexing school
>The president of the British Pork Pie Association is a vegetarian

>Winkleman was born in London to a Jewish family,[2]

Shooting Stars will always be the best panel show.

youtube.com/watch?v=2prE-DUyESY

PEANUTS

That's what I always think when I see her on telly. I have a bit of an odd crush on her, something about the glasses, the short hair, the boyish look, that nice pair of tits, the fact that she's a lesbian I could "turn". Same with Holly Walsh (without the lesbianism), short hair, boyish look, cute and small.
I'd also give Mel one if she got some work done on those weird fanged teeth she has

>>In Pakistan, people who refuse to pay their tax are visited by transvestite tax collectors, which make the debtor in question so embarrassed that they pay up just to get them to leave

hahave holyfuck

>It's equally obvious that he revels in the pretence that he knows it all already.
This.

>It's a female feminist comedian gets BTFO episode
Why is that every episode? See Sara Pascoe and that Irish girl who kept thinking innocent Alex was trying to ruse her on Taskmaster. Sara Pascoe is just retarded and makes herself look like an idiot whenever she opens her mouth.

Aisling Bea is extremely annoying on Taskmaster, always viewing innocent tasks as some kind of anti-feminist, male-superiority message. Literally her first task
>Give Alex a special hug
She instantly looked disgusted and offended, but she's the one giving the word "special" a sexual connotation. There's a few other innocent tasks where she reacted like that but I can't remember them right now.

In her defence though, she had a great moment on WILTY where she slammed down that newsreader Krishnan Guru-Murthy. Early in the episode he mentions his sister is also a newsreader. Then later in the episode he reads out a statement and they question him about it and he says he never eats food that's passed its sell-by date because as a male newsreader he can't be ill and always has to focus, and that female newsreaders are just there to be pretty and talk about the weather. And Aisling instantly goes
>LIKE YOUR SISTER?!
Krishnan got a bit red in the face after that. Basically calling his sister and every female newsreader nothing more than decoration

>Everyone is pronounced Everest wrong
As a Dutchman I liked the part where they revealed that everyone is pronouncing Vincent van Gogh wrong. They even got the host of the Dutch version of QI in to demonstrate how to properly pronounce Gogh.

I recall that
its something along the lines of Vincent Fan GROOGRHHHH(bloodisspilledfromthemouth)

I thought the last part was crazy when the dutch host said it out loud

>get Dutch guy on
>he's tall and gay
Based Degenetherlands

>>Japan has a chicken sexing school
WHAT SEXY CHICKEN

It's a phonetic sound that does not exist in the English language, so I don't really expect them to know how to pronounce it.
Then again, the "th" phonetic sound, as in "three" and "thong", doesn't exist in the Dutch language, so an uneducated Dutchman living in the boondocks would pronounce those as "tree" and "tong". But most of us make an effort and can pull off a good "th". Dutch isn't a very important international language though so I don't expect other people to properly pronounce Gogh. I just found it funny that when faced with a word containing an unfamiliar combination of letters like Gogh, the British reaction is to just ignore those letters and make them silent letters, resulting in people calling him Vincent van Go.

>Gogh
>isnt pronounced gogg-h
dutch is stupid

They basically invented the art of finding out the gender of a baby chicken by squeezing a certain part of a chick gently. Apparently it pays good money to be a professional chicken sexer.

Heh, I didn't even know he was gay.
Also, being tall is a prerequisite for being Dutch. If a Dutch woman gives birth and the baby is anything less than 3 feet tall it is considered a great disgrace and most couples tend to get rid of it, either by lethal injection or by offering it up for adoption.

>Manlets are killed on sight in Dutchland
truly the greatest country on earth

Oh it's a ridiculous language, I agree. I seem to remember that it's in the top ten of most difficult languages to learn, and that list has Mandarin and Japanese in it as well so that's saying something.

We actually do pronounce the h at the end of Gogh, but it's very subtle.
And anyway, don't pretend the English language isn't full of words with silent letters. Like "subtle" in my previous sentence. Or if you want examples with the h, there's chemist, chaos, monarch and many more. According to you those should be pronounced as tsjemist, tsjaos and monartsj then.

I've heard if you're a native English speaker then Dutch is one of the easiest languages to learn.

We do have a reputation to uphold. Don't think of it as eugenics, more like...natural selection by force. Think of the Dutch as Germany done right. Efficient, intelligent and progressive, but without the whole holocaust thing.

I looked it up after posting that and it turns out I was wrong and it's the other way round. Dutch is quite easy if you're a native speaker of English because both languages come from the same root. It's the grammar and the phonetics they have trouble with, but if you're a native speaker of English you can do a crash course in Dutch and get by. No point really, since we're all fluent in English anyway.
When I said I remembered it being in the top ten most difficult languages I was thinking of the reverse, it's easy if your language has Germanic roots, but the thing was that out of all the Germanic languages (German, Dutch, English, Swedish, Finnish etc.), Dutch is the most difficult one to learn for people who don't speak those languages. So Dutch is the most difficult Germanic language to learn if you're from, say, China or Japan.

how is this still going but buzzcocks was cancelled?

Because it doesn't have guest hosts nor a predilection for offending its thin skinned big headed panelists

they literally changed hosts like a year ago
and also buzzcocks was best when they took the piss out of guests who were full of themselves, was great to watch them crumble and being ridiculed, some of those artists were way too full of themselves and needed some grounding.

>they literally changed hosts like a year ago
Sandi's not a guest host you tit
Buzzcocks was too controversial for it's own good especially now that everyone is a special snowflake

>Sandi's not a guest host you tit
sure user. we'll see. QI will be cancelled or sandi will be replaced by guests you mark my worbs

No they won't, they got a special high chair just for Sandi

Not that user, but that's hardly an argument. Though I personally feel QI has enough life left in it to get to series Z with Toksvig.
I do wonder what they'll do next though. End it with Z? Or start over with A? I mean if HIGNFY can last for 50 series, I see no reason why QI can't. There's always new facts popping up.

>Or start over with A?
This but with Alan as host

toksvig actually seems to get along better with the men than the women, especially when the girl is unfunny. they eat the same lunch after all

Exactly, I've noticed multiple occasions where Toksvig seems to lament the female guests for being unfunny or unintelligent, but there's plenty moments where she has good interaction with male guests.
I think having a veteran lesbian feminist host is actually a good thing, because someone like Toksvig can see through the poor atttempts at "muh femnizm" and would rather have an actual discussion rather than a "yeaaaah, fuck those men, women are awesome, right sister?" segment.

I stopped watching when Fry left. The quality of the guests was dropping too. All these fucking panels shows endlessly put shit like Rosin Conarty, Joe Brand, Romesh, Josh Widdicombe and Sara Pascoe on repeat.

That's Channel 4 and ITV. BBC does it too, but not as much. Toksvig era QI is worth a watch man.

Name one female panelist on QI that made you laugh at least three times, extra points if you describe the moment, even more points if you provide a Youtube link

Literally can't think of one, there's women who I enjoyed and who were intelligent, but I cannot think of any laugh-out-loud moments.