Marvel Asking Retailers To Order Unknown $35 TPB

What happened to Marvel, bros?

Waitaminute, am I seeing this right?
Marvel is telling retailers to order a book wthout telling them anything about the fucking book? Just because they're Marvel?
The sheer arrogance.

This might have worked if they did something like an ARG that hinted about what the book was in a way that generated buzz and reader interest in an organic and interesting way.
But they didn't, because they aren't making good choices right now.

An unknown $35 comic book, yes. From Marvel. The comic book publisher.

The comic book publisher? Marvel?

>An unknown $35 comic book
Just when you think Marvel can't fuck up any worst.

Marvel? The one that publishes comic books?

Yeah that's them. The guys who make comics.

You need to stop screen capping this retard. He'll order Classified like a good little bitch. Maybe he'll butch on twitter that it's not selling but Marvel has him in their pocket.

No you're all mistaken. Marvel only publishes shit now.

Just when I think Marvel can't be any more Jew after that whole Motion Comic shit

They don't even have the courtesy to tell them who the creative team is.

Marvel NO!

you were the chosen one

>Waitaminute, am I seeing this right?
>Marvel is telling retailers to order a book wthout telling them anything about the fucking book? Just because they're Marvel?
>The sheer arrogance.
Customers not retailers. That looks like a previews

>Customers not retailers.
Everyone, really. Retailers have to submit orders for books and nobody knows what this $35 mystery book is about or who's working on it. Customers usually have a pull list if they're a steady or heavy purchaser and have to inform their retailers they want a copy. It's a complete clusterfuck, especially with lots of customer anger at the moment for Marvel's current products.

since when?

>Marvel is telling retailers to order a book wthout telling them anything about the fucking book? Just because they're Marvel?

Best. Plan. Ever.

Stop it with your air of superiority. I'm sure Marvel would refund retailers for unsold copies

Marvel has been at this longer than you've been alive my friend. Chillax. They've got this.

>retailers aren't customers

Don't you know how selling stuff works?

>open it
>it's just DC Rebirth madlibbed with Marvel characters
I'd be down

>open it
>Civil War III

>Stop it with your air of superiority. I'm sure Marvel would refund retailers for unsold copies
>Marvel has been at this longer than you've been alive my friend. Chillax. They've got this.

>They've got this.

>They've got this

>Marvel Exec 1: People are pissed at the content and creative team lineups of our books!
>Marvel Exec 2: Well... I got it! We'll put out a solicit of a TPB where nobody knows the content and creative teams. And charge 3x the price of a standard TPB for it!
>Marvel Exec 1: HAHA! No returns, baby!

since Marvel couldn't kill the industry in the 50s or 90s they're trying again?

It's a bunch of old Captain America comics

Meep.

>This is so stupid someone working at DC is throwing shade.
I've never seen this happen.

Civil War 2:Trump's 'murica

>what this $35 mystery book is about or who's working on it
It's a compilation of old issues relevant to the Next Big Event, I think it even says so in the solicitation

Secret Wars has one, Monsters Unleashed has one, they're both $35

And they're going to get away with it.

like they did all the other books that didn't sell?

Squirrel girl and Hellcat omnibus

Remembers a few years back when we had that website counter for everytime DC fucked up?

I think we need to bring that back for Marvel.

kek

The Best of Bendis by Bendis.

To be honest, Marvel are the usually the ones to fling shit at DC.

That counter shit was retarded. End yourself.

>Marvel NO!
Is that what they're calling their next relaunch?

>OH NO! Spider-Man
>OH NO! Captain Marvel
>OH NO! Thor
>OH NO! Inhumans
>NO! Fantastic Four
>NO! X-Men

Isn't it just Mark Waid?

>Its another episode that we pretend that people by trades from comic shops

Alright, I laughed. Have a (you).

And Spencer. And Slott. And Bendis. And Breevort.

Kassius go back to losing weight

I only remember Waid.

Maybe that's the only one you pay attention to.

No. Marvel's always been incredibly antagonistic towards DC. Brevoort in particular. It's also almost entirely one sided. I don't know if DC has a policy regarding it or not

>complaining = shitflinging

>sensiblechuckle.gif

Well I don't regularly go on twitter to rage at what people are saying.
Didn't Quesada encourage it too?

>A professional company having a policy against its employee acting unprofessional or unbecoming
Every company that cares about its image has something like this.

Well that's too bad because you missed a very entertaining battle of the fatties on twitter. Simone rekt Slott.

> marvel tries to sell their comics as tie ins to their movies
> sales drop

> marvel tries to cater to a crowd that doesn't normally read comics at the expense of their existing reader base
> sales drop

> marvel renumbers/relaunches every book after a major events
> the bubble bursts & sales drop

> marvel releases civil war 2 to tie in with the new cap movie & try to catch lighting in a bottle and achieve success like the first civil war did
> most of their books (if not all of them) get knocked out of the top 100

> now they pull this

so what exactly does marvel have to do to make disney step in & take over?

i can only imagine what would happen when they finally do.

I might have been thinking of Quesada, actually

I recall either him or Brev doing this stupid thing where they were telling retailers to tear up DC comics for variants?

It's been a while and my memory isn't great

Yeah but some people want to build a different image. Obviously Marvel encourages attacking DC, or it did for a while.

Lets think up a whole bunch of shitty stupid things that Marvel could do with its books next to over-inflate costs, and then make it even worse

My vote is doing one of those sliding panel puzzles as a cover with at least 35 different variant puzzles

Don't forget the 70s when they were directly responsible for the rapid increase in prices.

> We don't want another leak to spoil our stories
> Unless we do it ourselves to gain press
> Right, right
> Let's see if we can get publishers to order in mass a product without telling them what it is

Might also be because the people doing it are the "established guys", you know the ones that have a job for life probably.

Notice how none of the newer writers are talking shit about DC, because they know that might be where they have to move to.

>I recall either him or Brev doing this stupid thing where they were telling retailers to tear up DC comics for variants?
It was Quesada, yes. But that backfired so hard that he shut his mouth for a while.

Well, they can.

You know, this reminds me a lot of the old days of wrestling when wrestlers of WWF and WCW were shit talking the other company

I can't stand Rucka and this is coming from a fan

One minute its fuck marvel and DC and then in a few months he takes work from them

Sell the book and the cover separately

Spencer's shit flinging is insufferable, he can be the most company warring little faggot on twitter sometimes

>the 50s
>the 70s
>the 90s
>the 2010s
>Marvel tries to destroy the industry every 20 years

Spencer is kind of a "new guy".

Aw, it's just Cucka.

How the heck did they manage to survive this long?

I'd read an event about this no lie

Well, Marvel's sort of treated it that way. Though it's a little less grandstanding than it was a few years back. I can see why you'd make the comparison

By selling their asses to corporations. First Cadence, then ToyBiz I think, now Disney.

Hooo, hit a nerve there, did I?

It was hilarious.

NO!

People just like the marvel brand, I guess... They can seriously get away with anything.

They have great characters and used to make a lot of great comics.

They're run by a Jew.

Okay so overshipping doesn't go towards dollar share like it does unit share

>2 3 IVX 1 $5.99 Marvel 167,703
>3 2 Dark Knight III Master Race 7 $5.99 DC 119,114

DKIII costs the same, yet still only got 3rd in unit share but 2nd in dollar share

Does that mean marvel overshipped IvX by about 50k

Fuck off mouseketeer.

Fuck Rucka and fuck Marvel people

Wouldn't be surprised

Basically.

Speaking of I remember when WCW advertised a PPV and the hook was the entire card was a secret, you had to buy it and tune in to see who was going to be wrestling. If memory services it was one of the worst if not the worst selling PPV the company ever had during its death throws.

That'd be about 50% over ship, sounds right

Next one will be
>We Accidentally
As in
>We accidentally Tony Stark
>We accidentally Bruce Banner

>calls a retailer a retard because said retailer dared to question Marvel's dumb moves

Has anyone else noticed this has been happening more frequently? Like there's been an increased in half-assed Marvel defenses like the above and "there was no FF and X-Men embargo because there were no products for a year" or "Bleeding Cool talked to five retailers guys, they never said DC's sales were tanking during DCYou". Are Marvel's interns this desperate to damage control for the company?

>avatar is pic of him holding a mug of coffee

I found it more sad that Marvel interns are defending the company on Sup Forums of all places
Like how there are Scientology shills on Sup Forums.
Just...why

free gifts like those shitty pound-land tier toys you got on kids comics

Pogs? Hulk Hogan trading cards?

i always figured that the next one would be "FUCK YOU, IT'S MARVEL!"

as in...
> FUCK YOU, IT'S SPIDER-MAN!
> FUCK YOU, IT'S STAR-LORD!

If Marvel's serious about crashing this industry with no survivors, there's only one correct answer.

He's not a retard for questioning Marvel's dumb practices, he's a retard for enabling them.
If he's truly losing money because of Marvel, if he truly can't sell their comics and if they keep sending him "free comics" that he apparently can't sell but has to pay the shipping for then why isn't he boycotting them? Bitching on twitter isn't going to solve shit, if he wants change then he needs to act. If he doesn't want change then he should shut the fuck up and stop complaining on twitter so much. Does he really think his twitter rants are bothering Marvel? They're getting paid to send him copies that apparently can't sell, if anything Marvel are laughing at him because he's talking about how Marvel is fucking him over and yet Marvel can sit back and laugh over the fact that they're getting paid to fuck this guy.
You need to stop with this "hur hur intern" meme because Marvel are fucking over the entire industry, even DC is making franchise vs franchise events now.

The last time a company is this hostile towards its own fanbase was what, Might #9?

>he's a retard for enabling them.

How?

>and if they keep sending him "free comics" that he apparently can't sell but has to pay the shipping for then why isn't he boycotting them?

I think you may be the real retard here.

I told you how you fucking retarded mouse fucker.