What happened to Wolverine?

Along with Spider-Man, Sniktbub used to be pretty much the face of Marvel and one of their most popular characters. Now he's completely downplayed and pushed aside. It'd be like if Batman or Superman was shoved in the closet at DC. Is it because SJWs and millennials can't handle a gruff angsty murder machine?

He died.

Movie rights

He was pretty saturated and was put to rest for a couple of years before making a big shit out of the ''Return of THE Wolverine''

>Is it because SJWs and millennials can't handle a gruff angsty murder machine?

No, it's not about your boogeymen, it's because he is a mutant and mutants's film rights belong to Fox, not Marvel Studios.

Putting him on the Avengers was a mistake.

fox owned him

and marvel doesn't want to use populair characters that other movie studio's own, see fantastic four

>Wolverine
>He
How dare you, cispig! Wolverine is a she now. Just like Hawkeye.

Movies.

in the 2000s he and Spidey had popular movies.

Now Marvel has movies of their own, and so instead they put those characters in the front. Look at the Secret Empire roster.

Like others have said, the decision to "kill" him came right around the time Marvel decided its policy was "no promoting X-characters as the face of the company."

Replacing him with a girl may have been PC (though this particular legacy hero is probably the most organic replacement Marvel has, her or Sam Wilson), but downplaying him was just Perlmutterism.

Wait a second. Was the official roster revealed? Or are you talking about that shitty artwork? Is that shit official? Are they really throwing Spencer under a bus with this shit?

I have no idea what Marvel thinks they're accomplishing with this other than flushing money down the drain, but I can no longer deny that it's what's happening. Marvel really is that stupid.

He dead

Anyone else think they won't actually bring him back, and instead just de-age Old Man Logan?

wait, wtf, why did they make that decision?

God I miss x-men stories centering around the mansion. It was like ultra-hogwarts.

Yes. Yes they are.

X-mansion is in Limbo. It's been there for about a year.

Why yeah i do suppose it's official. It's official artwork with the first characters revealed, and eveyone of them is from a soon to come out movie, either by marvel or Fox, so I expect it's them taking advantage of the movies popularity.

I agree, if they were smart they'd keep the two seperate or start official movie tie in comics, but they'd rather try to drown populair characters they don't own and try other characters to gain popularity which won't work, you can't force that and no captain marvel having a tumblr/twitter groupie or 1000 that are vocal doesn't imply a true fanbase like logan had

I'm just happy spidey survived

like figuratively "in limbo" or like, "in actual Limbo the place in the marvel universe"?

he sucks

this

>Is it because SJWs and millennials can't handle a gruff angsty murder machine?
That and Marvel slowly killing X-Men and mutants to gain X-Men rights back

Oversaturation.

Marvel put him in everything after the X-Men movies blew up, he became a caricature instead of a character, comic fans resented the constant push he was getting into every corner of the Marvel Universe, sales of related books started to decline as a result, and Marvel began employing a series of gimmicks hoping to maintain and increase interest with readers rather than "rest" him for an extended period.

Sup Forums especially hated Wolverine right before they "killed" him off. Couldn't stand him.

The Dimension. The X-books are in a sorry state.

actual limbo

..don't remember the timing, though - might have been to avoid the terrigen clouds, or might have happened before those were released just as a 'we need to move off-planet because our house keeps exploding'

It's because he hurt himself today

> wait, wtf, why did they make that decision?

Because Marvel doesn't get enough of a cut from the merchandising of characters whose movie rights are owned by Fox, and at some point around 2014 they decided to de-emphasize those franchises (X-Men and Fantastic Four) over franchises where they get a bigger cut.

They won't even put Scarlet Witch on most merchandise for the MCU because Fox *might* be able to use her someday. Anyone Fox is using is nearly screwed.

Though there may have been a bit of a thaw lately as Fox and Marvel are partnered on that Legion series.

Wolverine is the Fonzie of the Marvel universe. Supposed to be a supporting role as the resident thug and bad boy, instead became the breakout character and star of the entire series, and then eventually people got tired of him.

They even debuted the same year.

Official poster and magazine of their 75th Anniversary, X-men #1 (1991) is their best selling comic book in the history and it makes no sense they did not include a single mutant in that poster.

That is dumb.

It feels like they haven't made a good run since No More Mutants bullshit (pleeeease let me know if I am wrong)

Why did they abandon classic X-men shit, why did they ruin the Ultimate line, why is it event after event after event?

that makes sense, thanks for the info.... but it's still shitty :(

Oh and also all titles involving X-Men/FF are kinda "not subtle" about it

-The Death of X
-No more mutants
-The end is 4ever

This.

He was everywhere and his charm was wearing off. They did the smart thing and put him in ice for a while. Letting Old Man Logan and X-23 fill the void for now. Oh and sabertooth

Actual Limbo. First arc after the Battleworld is all about them recruiting children and dumping them in literally Hell to fight demons. All because of the terrigen cloud. EVER FUCKING HEARD ABOUT VENTILATION?! YOUR LEADER HAS WEATHER POWERS FOR FUCKS SAKE!

Mixture of Fox rights issues and Marvel strangling the golden goose by overexposing Logan, leading to oversaturation and fan backlash to him getting pushed absolutely everywhere which eventually resulted declining sales.

Basically the same thing that is currently happening with Deadpool.

>(though this particular legacy hero is probably the most organic replacement Marvel has, her or Sam Wilson)
Bullshit. Laura's entire deal was wanting to get out from under Logan's shadow.

>He was everywhere and his charm was wearing off. They did the smart thing and put him in ice for a while.

That is probably one of the very few smart decisions Marvel made in the last couple of years. Keeping him off the shelve until the memory of and resentment towards his oversaturation fades will do the character some good (and there are a couple of other characters who could stand to be put on ice for a bit, too).

Marvel had no ability to use him in MCU films so they had to drop him for movie synergy.

But if they gained the rights to the character back in 09' I would imagine he would be in every single last damn MCU movie in some form, more annoyingly than Iron Man.

Just imagine him in all Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Avengers, and very likely Guardians of the Galaxy......Fox did all of us a favor holding on to him like that.

I would say batman and spiderman but that will never happen cause they sell.

My votes.
>deadpool (again never happen)
>Iron man. Which happened
>jean grey...for ever

>.Fox did all of us a favor holding on to him like that.

I sort of see it this way too. Everything Marvel for years was Spiderman, and X-Men over and over again. Fox maintaining rights actually allowed for other heroes to be capable of shining for once.

I really doubt there would have been any Dr Strange, Iron Man, or Captain America movies if Marvel Studios could have just churned out more Spiderman and Wolverine from the start.

And who the fuck asked for a guardians of the galaxy movie? Taking risks is what made the MCU

>Is it because SJWs and millennials
and this

GONNA

antiSJWs killed art by forcing everyone to disavow them or be associated with scumbags

wut

if you dont make a popular character into a black interracial trans queer multi gendered apache helicopter then you are associated with the vast Alt Right by default because they have the loudest voice in social media by a long shot

Because comics cash is nothing to them.

wut

So "SNIKT" is his version of the "ayyy!" thumbs-up gesture.

I agree it's nice to see other heroes get the limelight but movies aside are we really better off?

I mean what happened to the guardians when their movie came out? Bendis.

Yeah, it's nice that we have movies with a wider range of Marvel characters than ever would have been possible, but the impact on the comics hasn't been great. Not terrible, and it led to some B-listers like Vision and Scarlet Witch getting their own comics for a year, but I don't think most of the big heroes have benefited from being in movies.

What usually happens is the comics try to imitate something that happened in the movies and find that it can't be done without real live people (Iron Man on the page will never be Robert Downey Jr.).

To be fair, though, it's not the fault of the MCU that the comics editorial is part fucking retarded, part overworked and burned out because Perlmutter gutted the staff.

And it's not like the properties without movies (Squadron Supreme, Thunderbolts, etc.) are treated much better, either.

>and instead just de-age Old Man Logan?

Nah, Marvel is going to fire Perlmutter and/or Breevort(?) at some point because their comics keep tanking and hire some new person who is basically going to ask the following questions:

>Why isn't Wolverine around?
>Why aren't Peter and MJ married?
>Why did you think genociding the group which represents minority oppression was a good thing?
>Where are the First Family of comics?

And some intern is going to say "movie rights" and the new editor is going to point out that Marvel Comics and Marvel Entertainment are separate companies and have them bring back Wolverine, restore Quesada's greatest mistake, bring back the X-Men, and have Reed finish fucking around with the Marvel Multiverse.

because people bitched for FUCKING EVER about how over exposed and shitty he was

I never liked his design

Well, right now, he's very busy being dead. There are a few others filling his spot, though: an older, alternate universe version of him, his opposite-sex clone, and his archenemy magically turned good.

>Nah, Marvel is going to fire Perlmutter and/or Breevort(?) at some point because their comics keep tanking

I had heard that Perlmutter might have to step down from his position at Marvel. Apparently, he's one of Trump's prospective picks for the Department of Veterans' Affairs or something, and if he gets the job, either Disney or the law might try to get him away from Marvel.

>There are a few others filling his spot, though: an older, alternate universe version of him, his opposite-sex clone, and his archenemy magically turned good.

Whatever happened to his son with the terrible hair?

So . . . has Marvel given a single reason as to why Magento, Polaris, Kitty Pryde or any X-Men with telekinesis just break him out. Like, I know why they haven't done it, but has Marvel actually given an inverse reason.

He snikted too many bubs.

Is Jason Aaron's Wolverine vol 4 any good? Looking at it on ebay and I am unsure of whether or not to buy it.

resurexxion or whatever is a couple months away.