I never actually watched Book 3 and Book 4 of Korra. I disliked Book 2 so much that my interest in the show was killed

I never actually watched Book 3 and Book 4 of Korra. I disliked Book 2 so much that my interest in the show was killed.

Should I go back and watch them? Did I miss anything worth seeing?

zaheer was a legit great villain

some of it was fun to watch

it was like hooking up with an ex

not really korra is a bad avatar set in a bad time period

Yes, better than the Last Airbender in every way conceivable

hahahahhahhahhahahaha

this guy has jokes
>mary sue dyke is better than struggle and success

Watch season 3 just for The Red lotus. Legit good characters/antagonists in the whole series.

Season 4... Mixed bag. Kuvira was enjoyable though.

The vey first Korra book was utter garbage anyway...

>took Aang 3 seasons to beat a single lame villain
>took Korra only 1 season to take down a villain, and she did it 4 times in a tow

>Aang was a worthless faggot

Nah.
I'd say it was about half-decent for the most part, but if you quit after Book Two, there really isn't reason enough for you to go back.
Unless you're REALLY bored.

>Korra
>a Mary sue

Get fucking real, you little memer. The show has its share of problems, but that isn't one of them. Korra might be the worst protagonist in the franchise

fuck off retard

>o noes I am to ruff to make the wind happen
great character development, she really had to struggle with that didn't she.

I was the same as you user, but I eventually did watch season 3 and 4 to keep up with Sup Forums culture and for Opal

Season 3 has a pretty neat villain, but the main characters and writing are still shit

Season 4 was disjointed as fuck and Kuvira goes from 'maybe she has a point' to 'literally giant mecha hitler' because the writers are hacks

And watching for side character smut was a mistake, I shoulda just caught up with Wakfu instead

>zaheer was a legit great villain
- hey, let me practice airbending for no reason and... oh, surprise! it turns out i get airbending. How lucky.
- You know what this world need? chaos!
- lol, you all suck at bending. Two weeks and i'm owning all of you. Here, let me invent a new tecnique.
- heh, you know what would be a great idea? to imprison the goddamn avatar inside a mountain with a river below.
- Plot metal!

She is a worthless, sexy meathead that clumsily blunders through one situation into the next. Poorly developed? Yes. Mary Sue? Hardly.

>I am afraid to watch a cartoon
Who care if it might be bad? To my knowledge, a bad episode or two never killed anyone.

Honestly, the original Avatar was a piece of shit

this one was an improvement

LOL. The haters for LOK really seem to have an unhealthy obsession with this show, and character.

In fact, I'm starting to suspect that Sup Forums might actually be tsundere towards Korra/LOK.

Sup Forums: i-its not like I like you or anything, i-idiot!

Yeah but this would be 26 episodes that might be bad. I have shit to do, I need to know if they're worth the time sink.

i want to watch the end of korra for the Toph. is it s3 or s4 that she comes back again?

i care about nothing else

Books 3 and 4 were fun after they finally gave the love triangle the Old Yeller treatment at the end of Book 2.

It still wasn't perfect, but there were some good villains, solid action, and a more consistent arc to Korra's character development.

I'd say on average books 3 and 4 of Korra are better than book 1 of ATLA. However the best moments aren't ever really as good as the best moments of ATLA book 1.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Its like comparing The New Batman Adventures to Batman The Animated Series. Still good, but disappointing compared to the original.

>The haters for LOK really seem to have an unhealthy obsession with this show, and character.
You just figured that shit out? Couldn't you tell by the sheer number of hate threads during the finale?

Spare yourself the retarded ending and don't ever watch Book 4.

Aang is like half korras age and untrained as an avatar. Shittiest avatar is the one that came right before aang that didn't do shit and let everything go to shit.

like the rest of Legend of Korra they realized the villain had to good of a point ( civilized society no longer needs an avatar proven by all of Korras previous failures.) and had to plot magic him to be evil (lol anarchy lol).

Zaheer was better at bending than even Tenzen because he was truly enlightened.

Zaheer should have been dealt with by Korra and Co. and left a bad taste and heavy questions on the viewers minds.

that's what makes a series good.

but it didn't end that way did it. fucking writers a shit.

Aang WAS that avatar. he ran away and put himself in a block of Ice for 100 years

Honestly if you've already experienced book 2, you might as well go all the way. Don't expect a perfect ending, but I think there's enough enjoyment to be had.

Let's dust this off.

No I'm talking about his predecessor. That dude knew everything was about to fall apart and say in his ass. He was 12 when he ran off. That dude that set him up for failure was an old man that should've known and done better

it dosnt matter what a character do, what it matter is how is the story told, Aang was much better (in my totally awesome and superior opnion) because you could understand the story and the struggles he went through, Korra was just crap coming out of nowhere making the same mistakes over and over again and it ended with a fight against a giant robot... Aang was a more serious show despite the more childish tone and story...

Its always funny how people keep hypocritically bringing up the giant robot when the first show had the giant drill, and Aang turning into a giant fish monster to wipe out his enemies.

>took Korra only 1 season to take down a villain, and she did it 4 times in a tow
1. Equalism succeeded in the end, as we know in S02. It is also noticeable that Amon basically defeated himself when he used waterbending
2. Korra CAUSED S02, S03 and S04 of her own show, and she didn't defeat any of the villains from those seasons. S02 was a deus ex machina, S03 were airbenders, S04 were her friends taking down the giant mecha.

This is all a load of bullshit and you know it.

People say that S3 is good, but it isn't any better than the other seasons. It just has Henry Rollins in it.

All I can really say that LoK season two is as bad as it gets.

No
Season 3 was completely forgetable
Season 4 starts good and then goes to shit after a couple episodes

There is a drastic step between a drill and a fucking robot. The fish thing also has little to do with it as it is spiritual in origin and not technological.

only watch season 1

and that is it

>still pretty alright but tainted by what they've done
>know full well this isnt going to last like before

a good metaphor user

Not to mention the spirit world and the real world are mixing but wait you know what's even more interesting? Going around in a ship doing nothing for a couple of episodes and then fighting a generic villain
It could have been a spirit villain
It could have taken advantage of the spirit world shit
It could have been interesting at least visually
But no, instead we got more generic bad shit
I swear to god it's like those old 80s show with over designed characters made to catch the eyes but the actual show is a still background and laser noises
There isn't shit to Korra, it's shit that sounds nice on papper but it's done horribly

The main difference is that the robot is bipedal. You're just looking for things to complain about.

Season 3 is almost up there with S2 of Last Airbender.

Season 4 is okay, but really stumbles at the finish line and has a clipshow due to a reduced budget.

Aang fought the king of the world
Korra couldn't beat some street preacher

Street preacher? You mean Amon?

He was a bloodbender with skilled warriors under his command.

And she did beat him.

>hey, let me practice airbending for no reason and... oh, surprise! it turns out i get airbending. How lucky.
I always assumed they were going to train and brainwash Korra after kidnapping her as a child, but nothing like that was ever actually mentioned.

Hey season 2 actually killed it for me too! High 5!

Once she got amnesia at the end, that was the "Dropped!" moment. Doesn't help I basically forced myself through season 2 either.

I was going to go back and watch it after it ended, but then I heard they caved to korrasami shippers, and that just felt super dumb and grossly uncomfortable.

But season 1 was so mediocre, especially compared to season 3.

>Hey, let's spend half of this short season focusing on pro bending.
>What's pro bending? It's like the old fights, but without the choreography, energy, and stakes.
>And don't forget the love triangle!
So much wasted screentime, and it was originally planned to just be the one season.

Give it a fucking rest

>This is all a load of bullshit and you know it.
Oh, i'm sorry.. did Korra opened the spirit portals and liberated Satan? i thought that's what happened, but i'm sure you can clarify.

i dropped it somewhere in season 2 as well. wasn't intriguing, dont care even if I'm missing out

So, so much wasted potential in this fucking series, and the worst part is that there are stretches of each book where they get your hopes up, only to dash them.

Like, even in Book 2, the worst of them all, there's a bit in the first few episodes where it's clear that Unalaq is a little sinister, but he's got Korra wrapped around his finger, and you think you're going to be in for a corruption arc on Korra's part, or at least a stretch of time where Korra unwittingly does the villain's bidding as he manipulates her.

But NOPE, he gets revealed as the villain in episode four and spends the entire rest of the season being a Snidely Whiplash-tier evil guy, up to and including becoming the literal fucking "Dark Avatar."

Over and over again this show comes up with interesting characters, interesting settings, and interesting ideas, and then it completely fucks them up and it all goes to shit.

I assumed that story was bullshit from the get-go. A nombender teaching bending is just not possible.

But Unalaq's inevitably villainy was so obvious that I think drawing it out more would have been worse. It'd be nice if he had standards or motivations beyond wanting to become the anti-christ.

I wouldn't bother. Book 3 is generally okay. It's not great, but it's not bad either. It's passable.

Book 4 has a lot of the problems of Book 2, but also, it's very boring and there are long stretches of nothing in particular happening. Whereas Book 2 is sort of like watching a train-wreck unfold, Book 4 is watching splattered paint dry. By which I mean, you know it's going to look bad when it's it's dry, but the actual process of drying is so boring to watch, you really don't care.

Book 2 was infuriatingly awful. Book 4 isn't much better, but the it's harder to get as upset about it, as all the fight has been drained out of you at that point.

You have low standards. S03 had passable flaws, but S04 was bad from the get-go. I think the worst problem is how it treats the characters as just... Devices, i don't know. It's like they were all just waiting for Korra to return; you notice the model is basically the same, and how for no reason they STILL care about Korra (it's been 3 years and it's like she is the Center of the world. Move on). Mako gets it worst, somehow not even being able to get a girlfriend in 3 years. Bolin still immature. Tenzin and his kids are exactly the same in terms of personality.

For a split second, that newspaper looked like a box that a derpy Korra was popping out of.

>Two weeks and i'm owning all of you
Zaheer's skill level was fine.

He was a total badass before getting bending. There's no reason why he shouldn't be a badass after getting bending.

Depends. Is the one thing you liked about Season 1 the fact that Team Avatar at least occasionally felt like an actual team, instead of just guys who happened to want the same thing sometimes?

If so, skip it. Season 3 and especially 4 is where it's hit full on that no, this isn't like ALTA, these characters are not this perfect balance who work together like peanut butter and jelly, and you can see from just one interaction why they're friends and would look out for each other.

Season 4 is when you realize these guys would forget about each other entirely in two years anywhere else.

As someone who bought the series, and then two months later they decide to release all of the discs in a bundle package) I will say that I found myself watching it a lot when I was bored or needed background noise.
>I actually just sold the DVDs.

Lets say for the sake of argument that what you say is true.

First of all, Aang caused EVERYTHING bad that happened in his series by runing and hiding like a coward and freezing himself in ice for 100 years, abandonging his entire culture to be wiped out and alloing Ozai to gain power. That trumps anything Korra did wong.

Secondly, as I've explained before, even if Korra's actions seemed bad in the short term they had positive effects in the long term.

Third, its just a kids cartoon so stop over analyzing it and fucking get over it already.

*by running

>I'd say on average books 3 and 4 of Korra are better than book 1 of ATLA.
Book 1 didn't have retarded mechas.

>Shittiest avatar is the one that came right before aang
Roku's only mistake was sparing Sozin and didn't cause half the shit Korra did. Fuck, the rest of the Avatars combined didn't cause half the problems Korra did.

>Zaheer was better at bending than even Tenzen
Zaheer admitted he wasn't a proper master.

>The main difference is that the robot is bipedal.
Which is a huge fucking difference ignoring the giant fucking laser.

>He was a bloodbender with skilled warriors under his command.
And she was a native waterbending Avatar. There is zero reason she shouldn't have shrugged off his bloodbending then decimated his mooks with lightning/earth/whatever but no, she's just retarded.

>He was a total badass before getting bending. There's no reason why he shouldn't be a badass after getting bending.
Then why wasn't Aang instantly badass at every other element after learning air.

>First of all, Aang caused EVERYTHING bad that happened in his series by runing and hiding like a coward
As a twelve year old who had no idea the Fire Nation was coming and would have died if he stuck around, which means the Avatar ends in three generations.

>abandonging his entire culture to be wiped out and alloing Ozai to gain power.
Which he didn't know about, then kicked Ozai's ass and co-founded the world's first democracy.

>That trumps anything Korra did wong.
>getting all previous Avatars killed
>utterly failing in her duty to master the elements
>releasing and empowering the literal embodiment of evil
>plunging the largest nation on the planet into anarchy
>leveling the only democracy to ever exist
>constantly turning her back on friends and benefactors
>damning humanity to extinction
Korrafags pls.

Aang didn't have control over his Avatar State and we see that stray lightning can take it out much less the stuff that would be flying during Sozin's Comet during a siege.

Aang running saved him and the Avatar line allowing for a comeback. He even got better after literally dying.

Korra's negative actions were directly her involvement and either through intent or deemed beyond her by others. Korra's positive effects were due to others stepping in and fixing her mess by their own efforts.

>Which is a huge fucking difference ignoring the giant fucking laser.

Its not that huge a difference, especially considering we had already seen bipedal robtos back in season 1. And the laser? Are you the same guy who said that Aang's fish form was excusable because its spiritual? Because if so then you have to let the cannon slide because that's powered by spirit vines.

>And she was a native waterbending Avatar. There is zero reason she shouldn't have shrugged off his bloodbending

Korra is the avatar, jack of all trades master of none. She wasn't an expert in waterbending anymore than the other elements, so that's reason enough.

>As a twelve year old who had no idea the Fire Nation was coming and would have died if he stuck around, which means the Avatar ends in three generations.

He was just a few years younger than Korra. You also don't know for sure he would have died. Maybe he would maybe he wouldn't. Its just speculation.

>Which he didn't know about, then kicked Ozai's ass and co-founded the world's first democracy.

In other words fixing his own mistake.

>getting all previous Avatars killed

They were already dead. You're just spouting memes now.

>utterly failing in her duty to master the elements

She mastered three early in life and the fourth by the end of season one, which was a big part of the season.

The rest of what you said is crap.

> Korra's positive effects were due to others stepping in and fixing her mess by their own efforts

Just like Aang.

>Just like Aang.
Aang reached out to Zuko and their paths were such that the journey had it so Zuko and Aang's positive effects were shared. Zuko could change the course of the Fire Nation to one that wasn't destruction.

Also we see in LoK that their were no big problems. Even Yakone was just a gangstar. Aang's time after the 100 Year War was mild as he could quell and accomplish things readily.
At the end of Korra three-fourths of the world is held together by tape.

Look, I'm not going to argue that Korra's writing was as good as the first show's, because it wasn't. I' just think its pretty silly that people expend so much time and energy into hating a cancelled cartoon just because it didn't live up to their expectations. I could understand if it was only an occasional thing, like once every few months or something. But the fact that its so frequent years after the fact, is just kinda sad and pathetic.

At any rate, the first show wasn't perfect either. It had its flaws but people are willing to overlook those flaws because there are so many things they like about the show. If people liked the story and characters in Korra they probably wouldn't give much of a shit about a bipedal robot or Korra making mistakes.

Just like how when things like the giant drill or Aang's fish form are mentioned people just shrug it off or make excuses for it.

Their argument wasn't that they didn't need an Avatar, it was that they didn't need any structure in society at all. Hence the Earth Queen being murdered and the walls being torn down.

>It'd be nice if he had standards or motivations beyond wanting to become the anti-christ.
I think he was a religious fanatic jealous of his niece and using his spirituality for justification as to why he deserved to be an Avatar- he was more "righteous". Vaatu was a means to an end to become an Avatar of his own because there was no way he could get his hands on Raava.

Calling it a "Dark Avatar" was really stupid though.

Korra's massive breasts.

>didn't watch S3
you missed the best season....

Bolin's massive ass.

>It had its flaws but people are willing to overlook those flaws because there are so many things they like about the show

Yeah, ATLA will forever hold a place in my heart (alongside Korra) but I think if I rewatched it now I wouldn't enjoy it as much.

>Its not that huge a difference
We've been using wheeled machines for centuries and can still hardly get a man sized robit to stand up straight. Lrn2engineering.

>we had already seen bipedal robtos back in season 1
Which were also retarded, but less so for being smaller.

>Are you the same guy who said that Aang's fish form was excusable because its spiritual?
No.

>Because if so then you have to let the cannon slide because that's powered by spirit vines.
Except I don't, because 1) SCIENCE and 2) it would knock the robit on its ass.

>Korra is the avatar
And her native element is water.

>She wasn't an expert in waterbending anymore than the other elements
>Aang wasn't especially gifted at airbending guyz
You're almost as retarded as Korra.

>He was just a few years younger than Korra.
And those years made him prepubescent and a boy (who mature slower). 12 vs 17 or 20 is a huge difference.

>You also don't know for sure he would have died.
He only knew air, lacked combat experience and would be fighting comet augmented killers who are specifically looking to slaughter him. His only chance would be the State, which he didn't know about.

>In other words fixing his own mistake.
What mistake, acting rationally?

>They were already dead.
They existed as spirits within Korra and imparted knowledge and power. Now they don't.

>She mastered three early in life and the fourth by the end of season one
>mastered
>can't bloodbend, combust, lava, fly, or bend lightning like everyone and their dog is
Come now. Don't let Korra's delicious brown body blind you to the truth. She was a born loser.

>The rest of what you said is crap
Who chose to free Vaatu and let spirits run wild (which is what Vaatu wanted and lead to Zaheer killing the Queen) again? Who wanted to start a military coup behind the back of the only democratically elected world leader?

>You're almost as retarded as Korra.

Well if that's your opinion of me there's no point in responding to you further, or reading the rest of your post. Enjoy being anal over your cartoons.

>Well if that's your opinion of me
>it's a 'feigned indignation as an excuse to run away from an argument' episode
Neat.

>Enjoy being anal over your cartoons.
It's better than being retarded.

>that's what makes a series good.
Defeating the Fire Nation didn't do such a thing and it was the superior series.

Korra didn't have a previous failure that weighed on society as the world cares about the Avatar depending on a coin flip. The only failure was losing the past lives and Zaheer welcomed the portals being opened as it was a step towards the type of balance he was seeking. A balance which also required no one to have authority over another person. He didn't want a civilized society, he wanted Mad Max +. Zaheer was not better than Tenzin in airbending, he unlocked a technique that anyone who has people who love them and who love others wouldn't WANT to unlock that technique.

Anarchy doesn't work. And killing everyone in charge doesn't work as people rise up to take up the places left opened.

>Just like how when things like the giant drill or Aang's fish form are mentioned people just shrug it off or make excuses for it.

True. The thing is that every episode of Korra has the equivalent of the giant drill and Aang's fish form in it. And the endings have both of them squared.

>Then why wasn't Aang instantly badass at every other element after learning air.
I didn't say Zaheer was amazing at his element because he was a badass. Tenzin schooled his ass. I said he was able to beat all those people because he already was a good fighter. He could have probably beat most of the people he fought without bending.

To use Aang as an example, Aang only knew one element in the beginning, but he still kicked nearly everyone's ass he fought because he was a master at what he did.

>The thing is that every episode of Korra has the equivalent of the giant drill and Aang's fish form in it

Were Book 3 and 4 really done at the same time?

It's amazing how good Book 3 was in a self-contained season compared to the massive drop off with Book 4.

3 is really good, so yes.

No.

>pic
Just when you thought she couldn't be more lame.

1 was made thinking they wouldn't get more.
2 was made thinking they wouldn't get more.
3 was made knowing they would get more.
4 was made thinking they wouldn't get more.
The comics are going to be terrible.

Also check out who writes the finales. Bryke are credited with 1,2, and 4.

>it was like hooking up with an ex

more accurately, it was like going gay and hooking up with an ex's ex.

The advantage to season 1 is that it wraps up nicely, whereas book 3 is more open ended.

>abandonging

Just want to say i do like book 3, but desu the entire season is like a setup for book 4 to happen. They don't really have to conclude or really wrap up anything in book 3 so i think that plays a part in it being so good.

Book 3 is legit. Book 4 is great potential, but that much more disappointing because it's absolute suck in the end.

The Drill was not a particularly well liked episode and it was a one-off whose only real plot relevance was that there needed to be something big and bulky left behind as evidence for the Earth King to see.

The mecha is supposed to be the grand finale of four seasons of Avatar:LoK.

Do you see the difference here?

Man I love seeing you guys so salty.
>First of all, Aang caused EVERYTHING bad that happened in his series
Aang killed Zuko's mom, you heard it here folks!
>by runing and hiding like a coward
He was afraid of being ripped away from Gyatso and uncertain about the future, yes.
>and freezing himself in ice for 100 years
Avatar State unconscious defenses, not his own doing.
>abandonging his entire culture to be wiped out
The Air Nomads had no idea they were going to be genocided. They only predicted the Fire Nation making grabs for power.

>alloing Ozai to gain power.
Right, look at it this way: Aang stays and gets slaughtered with his temple and the rest of the Airbenders, or best case scenario, he offers himself...and the Southern Temple is spared while the remaining three are incinerated. Then Aang is either imprisoned or killed because SOZIN'S FUCKING COMET at the time and then the Avatar Cycle is out of commission for a while. With Aang dead for sure the FN would focus distinctly on the Water Tribe, meaning that the Avatar hunt is much fiercer and the Southern Tribe would likely be eliminated. Then it's only a matter of time until the Earth Kingdom loses the war of attrition. Aang surviving into a era where he's the only one with a particular skillset is the most optimal route.

>That trumps anything Korra did wong.
Unlocking Satan and setting him up as a chestburster in your descendant is pretty fucking worse.

>Secondly, as I've explained before, even if Korra's actions seemed bad in the short term they had positive effects in the long term.
Unintentional positive effects are not indicative of goodness of character especially when her actions are uninformed idiocy. When the world was at a political turningpoint, Aang is there to bridge the gap with peace. When an entire country ends their seige in Korra's time, she goes on fucking vacation.

>Third, its just a kids cartoon so stop over analyzing it and fucking get over it already.
Pot, kettle, yo.

>Aang killed Zuko's mom, you heard it here folks!
? She wasnt dead tho ?

Post pictures of Naga

I almost stopped on shitty book 2 but I'm glad I didn't. Books 3 and 4 were really good.

It's never really stated that he was a badass before; it's never even said he was a martial artist.

Also he got bending for only 2 weeks. Regardless of Somehow knowing some of the moves, it's not possible he would bend so well from the get-go.

>Aang caused everything
>by hiding
Wat? Did he attack the air Temple? Did he declare War to other nations? He didn't do shit.

>Korra's actions had positite sides
For example?

>Books 3 and 4 were really good