Bladerunner 2049 flopped even though it was a solid 8/10 sci fi movie

>Bladerunner 2049 flopped even though it was a solid 8/10 sci fi movie
>from now on the only big budget movies will be dc/marvel capeshit, Star wars, shitty Star trek and shitty james bond

Kingsman is far more successful and better than James Bond.

It's a sad state when Americans are arguably the biggest source of a movies profits, yet they also have the shittiest tastes in movies ever

> Dumb down basic plot details so that normies and brainlets can understand it
> Get dah Joker! XDD to play villain to draw in teenagers
> Promote the hell out of Harrison Ford and Ryan Gosling
> Brainlets still can't understand it and need things explained to them

Kingsman is basically capeshit

The Chinese are worse. They're basically every stereotype about Americans only turned up to 11.

We're gonna get ASS: THE MOVIE any day now.

A degenerate brain deteriorating flick like GEOSTORM will make more money than Blade Runner 2049, in the US atleast.
That's quite depressing.

Heard the second one went full camp.
The first one was a pretty good james bond stand in though.
Also I never understood why craig's bons stopped using gadgets.

>go with a couple friends
>I loved the movie
>girl in the group says she hated every single bit of it
>but why?
>omg did you see all of the naked women?
>it didn't even include anything on gender politics
>Jared Leto was so creepy
>mfw the middlebrow is slowly taking over

Just when the shitty disaster movie genre died out they try to revive it.

>even though it was a solid 8/10 sci fi movie

No it wasn't. Stop overrating it. At best it was a 6/10 flick with good visuals but nothing more. Literally capeshit, but slower paced, and with more pretentiousness.

You're american aren't you?
For some reason shit like that never happens in europe even while we are more liberal.

THIS
I swear we'll soon see some capeshit movie with Ryan Gooseling as Blade Runnerman, because remember Blade Runner 2049??? EPIC

You're thinking of Nolan's movies... this is legit Kino.

It was 8/10 though.

>nice visuals
>nice characters
>nice story
>still leaves somethings unanswerwd so that it makes you think and discuss it

I don't need an explosion every 5 seconds to enjoy it.
Its a slow movie but we don't get many of them anyway so I can appreciate it, also it ties in pretty well with the first movie.

I feel like I've read these exact posts many times before. They feel so artificial and forced

Yeah. It doesn't even make any sense; if you're liberal... doesn't that entail being more accepting of open sexuality?

When did the American left become a bunch of pearl clutchers?

You have to realize that people like OP only watch capeshit and horror movies

You see this
>from now on the only big budget movies will be dc/marvel capeshit, Star wars, shitty Star trek and shitty james bond
This is from his own experience. Do you really think someone like OP has ever seen a lav diaz film?

Because it is probably.
We aren't allowed to like anything it triggers certain people.

I don't know when but it is slowly spreading around the globe.
Everything needs to cater to their ideology and fantasies else these people won't like it.

OP here first of all fuck you I don't watch capeshit and the last horror I watched was IT.
In general I've seen many sci fi movies so I have a lot to compare bladerunner with.

Ahahahahaha even Things to Come sweeps the floor with this unimaginitive mess.

Yeah, I mean I hope it continues to not have quite as much of an influence in Europe. Things here are divided between ideological lines, and it gets more tiresome by the day.

Especially since I also like literature. There's increasingly been growing movements to "decolonize" literature, as if the canon was something just created overnight, rather than a chain of mutually influencing works that have laid to groundwork of modern civilization.

If you look at a piece of literature, or film, or art, you should try to understand it as it is you know? Not as something that should be viewed via ideology; regardless of the ideology.

>shitty james bond
A step too far bro

>solid 8/10 sci fi movie

we all know Blade Runner is a 10/10 movie, same goes to the original

>Audiences are talking about Blade Runner 2049
>"It's very long. Almost three hours."
>"Two minutes longer than Avatar."
>"Movies shouldn't be any longer than 90 minutes."
>Come see the number one movie in America, by length. Blade Runner 2049. Rates R. Now playing somewhere, maybe, for like another week.

>shitty Star Trek
None of the reboot series has grossed over $470m
The most recent one grossed $343m on a budget of $185m
Please kill this shit franchise, it isn't even making money

melodrama: the post

>taking a girl to see Blade Runner

Why would you do this? No woman is going to understand these movies at all. If they say they like it, they’re probably just going the gamer girl route to get male attention. It’s like taking her to see Master and Commander

well: Kstew's not in any of these movies you named
i really don't care then

AUDIENCES CONFIRMED PLEBS

BUT GOOSE IS AUTISTIC SO ITS HARD TO BLAME THEM

good, I hope her career is dead