/swco/- Star Wars Comics and Cartoons

CIS Scum Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Doctor Aphra #3 (January 18th)
Rebels 3.13: "Trials of the Darksaber" (January 21st)

>Episode Preview: Trials of the Darksaber
youtube.com/watch?v=62TogumQlns

>Rebels Recon: Warhead
youtube.com/watch?v=EfCuHRbbTZk

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SqCYb3fmgEI
starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/01/mark-hamill-reunites-with-his-return-of-the-jedi-lightsaber-prop.html
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/808055380618006528
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is she, /swco/?

What is his end game?

first for best husbando

first for worst girl

B1 best droid

who would play live action sabine?

New preview clip for Trials of the Darksaber:

Was Satine a good friend?

>The blade feels lighter

Just like her chest.

So there's a lot of Sabine hate that gets posted here on /swco/. And with good reason. But could this week finally be her week? Could this be the episode that turns it all around for her?
And, if so, what would the episode need to have? What would it take to save her character arc and develop her to the point that we don't all groan when we see a Sabine episode coming over the horizon? Could it be -
A more fully explored backstory? (god knows that Ketsu/bounty hunter thing went nowhere)
Deeper and more nuanced relationships with the other characters?
Some insecurity or inner turmoil?
A new role as Mango-revolutionary?
How would you go about fixing her character? Or can it even be done? Have the show's creators left it too long and she's forever doomed to be uninteresting and FLAT?

just friends
although if you see force sensitive mandalorians, you might want to tell them that they might be royalty

We won't see her on Mandalore this week. This week will just be "wah wah wah I don't want the power that comes with the Darksaber, but Kanan is forcing me to learn how to wield it anyway."

just go with extremely inbred human

If not this week, then a month from now

>AAAAAAAAH
What did Sheev mean by this?

Seems like an interesting episode. Sounds like we're finally getting some backstory on Sabine.

Too much wasted energy. All she'd need to do for redemption is stand still.

>But could this week finally be her week? Could this be the episode that turns it all around for her?
No.
They've had 51 episodes, almost nineteen hours to ingratiate us with her character. Do you really think twenty-two more minutes will do anything for her?

Her character archetype doesn't allow her to be interesting in any way, she's just the "spunky tomboy artist". Making her Mandalore is just going to piss people off, not make her more accepted

daily reminder that TFA did nothing wrong

he meant that your meme is stupid

it also did nothing right

This desu, it was so middle of the road that its actually pretty forgettable

And being middle of the road is worse than being bad

never underestimate the ability for a single episode to change a character

Fixing her character could be done with a lot of character development for the next two episodes and remainder of the season.

At the expense of everyone else and the main plot. Fuck that, she's not worth it.

My thinking is that we've never seen her backstory properly. It's potentially the most diverse and interesting with highborn Mando/imperial cadet in 'space MIT'/bounty hunter, but none of it has been developed. It's just a lumpy, half-cooked hodgepodge of unexplored elements. How did she end up on the ghost? What were her reasons for moving about so much beforehand? Why the rebellion? There's a lot to explain and no reason why it couldn't be at least half-decent.

starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/01/mark-hamill-reunites-with-his-return-of-the-jedi-lightsaber-prop.html

I'm not really feeling this season with all its not plot advancing episodes

So what is the main plot and how is it not advancing?

Well there is a reason it wont be decent, and that reason is Sabine is bland. Even if you gave her the most elaborate backstory ever over the course of several episodes, she will always act exactly the same as she does in literally any other episode, she will never change in any meaningful way

he is just so happy to see the lightsaber
its nice to know that the best lightsaber is still around

Thanks for the link, was nice to see.

We'll get there

Hopefully, Sabine's reunion with her mother will give backstory on her upbringing and show her explaining her choice to fight against the Empire.

>Implying he won't get his ass kicked by Momma Mothma hyperdriving at the last second to save the Rebel forces.

What is the best TCW arc and why is it the Umbra arc?

then he will be sent to the unknown regions as punishment and we get a series about thrawn's explorations

>she got blacked
Wtf is Sup Forums right?

>satos blockade runner on the targeting ocmputer
>"i have you now"
>sudden MC80 arrives from hyperspace
>begins showering his undefended rear with fire
>"WHAT!"
>rebel forces rally, and imperial forces fallback
>thrawn has to decide whether to stand and die, or flee and let sato escape

Kanan going full General Kota?!

Does Quinlan count as black? He looks like a native American to me. (Not that native Americans really exist in Star Wars)

Anyways, yes she got blacked, and then payed the toll fairly quickly.

I never really got the hate Sabine gets. She's a cool girl that shoots people. How can "mando fags" hate her when she does more in two minutes then Boba has done in three movies.

Worked for Ventress

>(Not that native Americans really exist in Star Wars)
Some characters are still designed to look like certain races or nationalities. Ezra's designed to look Middle Eastern, Satine was Nordic, Sabine is Indian, etc.

>Ezra middle eastern
>Sabine indian

she doesnt get half the hate on other sites, so maybe she just doesnt connect to the college age, image board crowd

Can we all agree that the bird's name is Roger?

They just look like humans brah

Yeah some planets are supposed to evoke certain peoples and cultures, but Ezra is not literally middle eastern.

He's a Tan-skinned Lothalian.

Also,

>Sabine
>Indian

U w0t? She is supposed to look like a generic Asian girl, likely half-asian because Mandalorians are supposed to look Nordic, as you said yourself.

Ezra's literally space Aladdin, Sabine's Indian like her voice actress, there's a Pablo tweet about it somewhere.

Ezra is for sexual with SS.

India is still in Asia

A quick google search gives me literally nothing about Sabine supposed to be looking indian

Get back to the EU and trick Jedi Clones into being his bitches.

Slit your throat.

hey "dude", this is not funny anymore

Not thicc enough for Sup Forums, it seems

When kanan dies will thrawn make a kanaan? What about kanaaan?

Fuck off

I don't hate her, I just don't have any reason to really like her.

The show has given me reasons to like all of the other characters, but Sabine's episodes never do anything to make her more likable

>but Ezra is not literally middle eastern.
He's whatever people from the middle east are. He was designed in the likeness of Aladdin. Aladdin is middle eastern.

>Sabine is Indian

LSG confirmed she's Asian, just like Aphra.

Don't listen to those other faggots, I appreciate these edits mostly because there's not nearly enough Ezra Rule 34

>He was designed in the likeness of Aladdin. Aladdin is middle eastern.

Pic related.

Is this the downfall of this general? A bunch of shitty memes?

nigger. eat shit and die.

Best I could find from Pablo

user I have some news for you. "Asia" ranges from the middle east, all the way over to Japan. Saying "Asian" doesn't exclude anyone that "looks" like they are from any of these shaded countries.

I dislike Sabine as a character, but her delicious flat chest is not a problem

Yes, but my point is there are no "middle eastern" people in Star Wars. He just has brown skin.

A character with Asian features isn't literally Chinese or Indian either.

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/808055380618006528

>Sabine? The human rebels are thought to be multi-racial, and Sabine definitely has Asian heritage in her design.

>A more fully explored backstory? (god knows that Ketsu/bounty hunter thing went nowhere)
They really shot themselves on the foot on that one, you could tell that they thought that people would like Ketsu's episode, and it turned out in one of the most hated ones

It will be that way until the next thing from TCW Legacy Project releases :^) ;-;

Interesting tweet from Pablo.

Right, asian heritage, makes sense given the slanted eyes.

No indication about her being indian, no clue why anybody would think that.

And remnder that Asian =/= literally from Asia. There is not Asia country or even Planet in Star Wars.

Star Wars uses multiple races and cultures for character design

>Pablo dealing in absolutes
Is he a Sith?

Glad he is addressing this.

Grey Jedi was one of the most retarded Mary Sue concepts in the EU.

I will sleep comfortably knowing they will never be canon

He's been the apprentice to Darth Filonius for months now.

A while ago, one user said he was going through Pablo's twitter and making a folder full of Canon/Lore related information.

Is that still happening? Would love to see some of the information I may have missed

In the first season people sort of liked Sabine, mainly because the artsy stuff was kept to a minimum and she had the highest body count of the show, it was after Blood Sisters that people started to dislike her

>AHAHA YES, BY DESTROYING MY PROBE DROIDS THEY HAVE FALLEN RIGHT INTO MY TRAP
>NOW MY SEARCH MERELY CONSISTS OF 94 PLANETS! TRULY THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED!

I mean, yeah its great he narrowed it down, but 94 is still a lot, and he's acting like its all according to keikaku

>thiccfags hating on slim girls
FUCK OFF

He confirmed that the rebels are using one of the planets he sent a droid to investigate, he just doesn't know which one yet. That is according to plan.

Is Aphra Vader's Harley Quinn?

More importantly, is Aphra MARVEL'S Harley Quinn?

>corrupted Ahsoka
more, I need more

Can someone please explain the appeal of the Mandalorians to me? They just seem like every other faction of self-important rapist vultures who kill for sport. They're like the raiders from Fallout with snappier armor.

>stardust
>dust star
>death star

Genius

Was losing an entire Star Destroyer part of his plan?

Here you go.

They look like BobaFett and have an honor code.

Normie self-insert wankery for people who like to get off on the idea of normies that can beat up Jedi.

bobba fet!

>Technically Asian

I understand your points. The term Asian is... not entirely specific. But if you want specific, I suppose I could say that Sabine and Aphra are yellow people.

No one denotes that they are from those specific areas, because obviously they are not. We're just using real world terms to identify them because that's the easiest way.

Sabine's Asian, Ezra's Middle Eastern, Kallus is White, Rau's Scandi, Ketsu's Black, Kanan's Hispanic, Rex is Polynesian, ect.

Edgelords. Edgelords love them. Honestly that's the only angle I can see.

They're space spartans

They'd be more interesting if their rivals, the Echani and Iridonians, were still around. That way Mandalorians wouldnt have to encompass those 2 peoples as well

I can't wait for the big twist to be that Thrawn gets sacked because his "muahahaha keikaku" method of strategy is costing them too many losses and they just go back to the body count.

I'm glad I had no expectations for rogue one I enjoyed it a lot.

really nice to see after the middling nothingness of the force awakens

Blood Sisters is where we expected Sabine's development and arc to start, and we were slapped in the face with the worst episode of the entire show.

Since then, we've been fairly bitter towards Sabine, and coupled with the fact that she still hasn't had satisfactory development, we're left wondering, 50+ episodes into the show, if we'll ever like her.

By this point in TCW, people were already starting to like Ahsoka, a character that was initially Jar Jar-tier despised.