R.I.P. marvel

considering that marvel is very obviously dead what were it's best comics?

Idk about best but I personally liked (most of) Ultimate Spider-Man, Messiah Complex, War and Second Coming, Xforce v3 , PAD Xfactor, the original new avengers run from like 2004 or 2005, Siege, and tons more that I am drawing blanks for right now

>I personally liked (a bunch of Bendis comics)

>considering that marvel is very obviously in a coma what were it's best comics?
ftfy
Give it 10 years

This is correct. Marvel tends to go several years being absolutely shit. We're down in the valley right now.

Lets be honest its dead because none of the characters are white anymore and all the stories about pushing feminist agendas and talks about poor minorities instead of stories about super villains that want to take over the world. They were hoping to pull in minorities and all they did was lose their loyal fanbase.

He's not all bad
Uncanny X-Men was good

Ms. Marvel's book is very good right now.

It was a 50 comic run that could have been condensed to11 issues of story.

You completely ignored all of the x shit

Also non event bendis can be OK what about his daredevil

And to boot it took him a month to write basically nothing.

Runaways, early Young Avengers, Avengers Academy and various X-Men stuff.

>Robbie is conspicuously absent
CANCELLATION CONFIRMED

The multiculture pals!

...and Doctor Strange.

>Lets be honest its dead because none of the characters are white anymore
No, is dead cause instead of making new characters and try to sell them, like a new line 4 SJW, they pack that with Heroes that sell well ruining both, sometimes they even replace them, they could make something like ultimate and put all the new heroes there, Kamala, Morales, RIri, Faiza, girlThor etc

Some Best Of's that I can think of off the top of my head:

Thor - Simonson
Cap - Brubaker
Iron Man - Fraction
Hulk - ?? (Pak maybe? Never read it.)
Cosmic - DnA
Daredevil - Bendis (Everything else Bendis is trash)
Iron Fist - Fraction
X-Men - Claremont up to 1991's X-Men #3 (Before his return in 1998)
Punisher - Ennis (MAX imprint)

Uhhh not sure what else to list. Struggling over who was best Spider-man writer

>Best Of
>Cosmic
>DnA

user. Come on.

Did I stutter over text somehow?

>it's a DC shitposting thread

At least we're culturally relevant you fucking virgins

the only decent ones here are Gwenpool, Ms. Marvel and Chulk
...Sometimes

Yeah man alternate universe diversity comics really sell.

I assume you're talking about runs and not OGNS, so...

>not Kirby's F4
>not Starlin's Warlock
>not Gruenwald's Quasar
>not Starlin and Lim's early 90s Cosmic (at least through Infinity Gauntlet)
>not PAD's Captain Marvel

DnA's stuff is tablescraps compared to these

It still has some good ones. Around the same amount that DC has in terms of decent books.

Black Panther
Black Widow
Doctor Strange
Ms. Marvel
Ultimates 2
U.S.Avengers

I'd say I pull an equal amount of books from each company, though I get more DC because of bimonthly books.

>Daredevil - Bendis (Everything else Bendis is trash)

You didn't include Miller or Nocenti but you included Bendis. You're a fucking disgrace of a Daredevil fan.

While I'll admit Bendis' Daredevil run wasn't bad it was FAR from a good Daredevil run.

I'll give you Kirby's F4 but the others don't really do it for me. Any recommended places to start with them?

Also Ditko deserves more respect too, his stuff with abstracts, specifically Eternity is pretty good.

Which culture is represented by Squirrel Girl? Retards?

And Gwen-poole?

Best Loki - Gillen
Best Fantastic Four - Hickman

Spider-man hasn't ever really been written well and has no "greatest" run.

Some of Miller's stuff doesn't hold up anymore IMO. Still, he probably put out as many good issues of DD as Bendis did so he deserves a tie at least. I haven't read enough Nocenti. Starting place?

I can get behind this wholeheartedly.

cause nobody want that heroeS, a transcisgender Hulk that talks about muhh oppresed women vs the evil whitey? who's gonna buy that, I don't know how they still push that, ultimate was a mistake, make a newones don't try to copy what u have to push SJW agendas.every time a new character in marvel appears is pic related

Marvel has the problem in that it alienated its historic fanbase a little too much and its newest relaunch is a bunch of forgettable books, most of which will be cancelled after issues 6.

DC ironically did the Disney strategy and played it safe with Rebirth, appealing to people who have historically always bought comic books. It worked but I feel like the quality has been pretty hit or miss which is disappointing for someone like me who likes to read a writer's "run" and not have it truncated with shitty filler crossovers and mini-events (Night of the Monster Men).

>Spider-man hasn't ever really been written well
JMS' run alone beats out Hickman's F4

GET THE FUCK OUT!

That's always been my problem with Spider-Man. With most Marvel characters/teams, you can always point out the good runs writers had with them. Look at Daredevil, who has been written well by a bunch of people.

The best Spider-Man run is probably Ultimate Spider-Man which is kinda sad that 616 Spidey has never had a "great" run.

Stern's run is great, as is Lee/Ditko/Romita and the Conway/ andru era as well.

>a transcisgender
So, is that like he's a guy when he's Bruce and when he hulks out, he dresses in drag?

>Daredevil - Bendis (Everything else Bendis is trash)

You mean anyone but fucking Diggle. Daredevil is consistently good

Actually yea this. Like I'm even enjoying Soule's run right now.

>Some of Miller's stuff doesn't hold up anymore IMO. Still, he probably put out as many good issues of DD as Bendis did so he deserves a tie at least.

Are you fucking serious?! Miller wrote the best story Marvel has released and you're saying he fucking ties with Bendis?!

Born Again is in my humble opinion one of the greatest comics ever written, definitely one of the greatest cape-comics, and easily the best thing Marvel has ever put out.

You're telling me that the writer of that ties with Bendis' "fine" Daredevil run? Also, Miller transformed Daredevil from a d-lister into an A-lister for Marvel and you're telling me he ties with Bendis?

>mfw triggered

Nocenti's run begins with Daredevil #236

Yeah it's pretty good but I'm glad Blindspot will be out of service for at least a few issues. Nothing against the character but I don't like the idea of DD having a sidekick. Also, I really loved how Soule kinda subtly slipped in his opinion about the Inhumans shit in the last arc. Can't remember exactly who said what but it was like "where the fuck do these Inhumans come from anyway?". Based. I also liked the pencils and coloring. New artist is okay I guess

Has Marvel introduced some new white-cis-male hero lately?

Does he count?

Well, they do draw her like she's got Down syndrome in her comic.

Except for Waid's unfortunate attempt to destroy everything that made DD good. But at least Soule is fixing all that.

That's exactly it. They didn't write new stories to make new people feel included, they wrote new stories making old fans feel excluded, then they realized that the people they wanted to feel included don't actually fucking buy comic books.

Not to company wars this shit, but DC Comics has Batgirl and a few other things. They don't do this shit in Batman. Batman fans have Batman, if you want some of this new Tumblr shit, here is Batgirl because honestly do we really care about old school Batgirl fans, and that is that. That's how smart people do it.

Trying to alienate a dedicated fanbase with disposable income will never make sense to me.
Even though sales on everything that's not a #1 or an event are in the toilet, Marvel keeps doubling down on this bullshit every year expecting it to eventually work out

marvel's primary revenue source is film and licensing, the comics at this point are a tertiary medium they will continue to run even at a loss for the sake of PR and image about how progressive they are (although none of said diversity will touch any of the films, Marvel knows that doesn't sell).

You know what would actually get them to take notice? If all the Marvel zombies just stopped. No more making excuses, no more buying just because of habit, no more reading just to shit post about it, just stop. If you know Marvel is shit, don't buy their shit. Hell, stop reading their shit. Don't download it, don't scan it, don't read storytimes of anything new from Marvel. I forget who, I think it might have been Breevort, but one of those ass clowns said something along the lines of indifference being worse than anger, because at least anger means you are invested.

Stop being invested. The only hope for Marvel is to kill it dead so that hopefully someone else can bring it back.

At this point u can't reboot the 616

Even when I'm barely following Marvel lately the treatment of Riri Iron Man has annoyed me, and even if you liked the character concept it should probably annoy you.

>Spider-man, when he's a new character
>Almost beats the F4 and manages to show up some dangerous villains, but he never gets any fucking respect, life always takes it out of him. He's shown to be competent but not lucky. The characters almost never say he's great, he has to prove everything.

>Riri when new
>Characters fellate her for her amazing involvement in the big war between heroes, say she's the greatest, when if you go back and look she didn't do shit. She appeared for one panel just flying around.
>Little girl who just for some reason can put together Iron Man's armor's a bit, and she's already on the world circuit

Something about this is odd. Lets also add FemThor into the mix here to make the problem with this shit more obvious

>FemThor shows up
>Odin's character takes a downward dive to be a foil for her.
>Thor and everyone constantly just say she was the best wielder of the hammer ever for no reason. The hammer itself comes alive and says it
>Titania gives up instantly and beats up Absorbing Man out of respect, when this makes no sense.

When did Marvel lose all self awareness with how to make people like characters? Its too forced. If they introduced Spider-man back then the way they do it with characters lately I think we'd hate him as well. I think if they tried to make a character we're supposed to hate, we'd end up liking them instead by chance.

Show don't tell
Don't bring other characters don't to bring them up
Don't just have characters stand around and say they're great for no reason
Don't even give them respect, let them earn it.
There are other issues

>marvel's primary revenue source is film and licensing,

MARVEL doesn't exist anymore. It's all been broken down and compartmentalized by Disney. The comic division sees fuck all of that movie money

>Hell, stop reading their shit. Don't download it, don't scan it, don't read storytimes of anything new from Marvel.

This is what I'm doing now. And it's not to stick it to them or anything like that. I just don't care about them anymore. Their universe has become so boring and aimless that I just don't feel the need to keep up with them anymore.

You realize you just hit the nail on the head of why DC handles legacy characters much better than Marvel. Just look at the new Green Lanterns, Baz doesn't have enough faith in his ring, Jessica can only just make constructs, Hal pretty much called them fuck ups and forced them to work together and when other GL's came to earth they treated them like shit.

DC puts time into their legacies and let's them grow into their roles. It's very rare that they get the Marvel Mary-Sue treatment

This is one of the reasons people call out Marvel so much for appealing to Tumblr its not just making a Black Female character its that they have to be smarter better and more liked than the character they replaced. They have to be the most perfect well liked by everyone character ever with no flaws.

Muh divursity

There's no place for a high schooler who illegally street races to pay for his handicapped brother's well being in the black girl super genius club user

this pic was released a long time ago, but you're right that it's troubling.

>How dare someone has a different opinion than me!!1!!

Is the lady in the front where the power armour from Fallout?

Robbie is too violent and problematic to be front and center in promos

I don't know if I'm supposed to boycott his comic until he becomes the focus of it again, or if I'm supposed to suffer this shit so it doesn't get cancelled.

I've also seen people compare shots of her in the comics to gundam legs

Robbie had his own AoS mini arc, Marvel clearly has some sort of confidence in him.

The team up is only 4 issues, that's a month and a half until it's over since we're two in.

Considering we're halfway through and Silk hasn't even showed up yet, They're probably planning to use this arc to test the waters and possibly launch a new FF comic afterwards that will run alongside ANGR.

well that's promising at least, thanks for the info

The only thing that can save them is a successfully insanely Pure Comic Book sequel to NEXTwave.

>Gwenpool
>No hideous deformations or cancer scars

Yeah I'm slowpoking on this but why does she have a Deadpool related name again?

Liar

Well I mean, I HOPE that's what's going to happen, because that conclusion is an assumption made after looking at what we know so far.

her name is Gwen Poole

Also she's a character that spun out of positive reception to a series of Gwen Stacy themed variant covers. I'm ambivalent towards her so i don't read her comic to know why she decided to dress up as a deadpool-like.

She goes to the costume shop, she gives the seamstress an inquiry with her name (Gwen Poole) on it, and she misreads it and assumes she's associated with DP so she gets a pool-esque costume.

Really.

Is it as dumb as it sounds?

It's actually genuinely great, written by the dude behind Dr. McNinja

Like I said I don't read it because it's premise does not sound relevant to my interests. I can't REALLY pass judgment on the execution.

There are people that swear by it being fun and cute though. I think it looks dumb

I know this isn't objectively the best comic, but my personal favorite was JSM's run on Spider-Man. But as for your question, I'd probably say Claremont X-Men, Spider-Man: Blue, Marvels, Punisher Max, and Fury Max.

butthurt marvel fag detected.

JMS*

Well what I read of Dr McNinja was pretty good.

Yeah, I'm like you. It sounds/looks dumb to me but if it's decent and other people are enjoying it then I'm not gonna poop on other peoples' parades

Gwen is originally from a different alternate universe (it's clearly supposed to be pseudo-real life/our reality, but isn't and is really just a close stand in) and she ends up in 616 inexplicably because of Battleworld fuckery. She has no powers, she has no skills, but because she read Marvel comics in her universe (which are accurate to 616) she knows everyone's secrets. She can "sort of" alter fate by manipulating the narrative. For instance by donning a costume it establishes her as "important" so she won't die because she's a main character, she asks one of the cops in danger for her name, changing her from an extra or stand in to a character too and she doesn't die.She confronts Batroc about his past, and he realizes he can't remember anything about himself beyond his first published appearance.

It's...idk a solid 6.5? How much you like the concept makes or breaks it, Gurihiru's art is nice.

JMS run on Spidey was good yeah. It's kinda funny that I don't know of a run largely considered definitive like Claremont X-Men though.

Slott probably thinks he is though

Weaponized plot armor is actually kind of a cool power

Slott most definitely does. At this point he's written one seventh of all the stories, and /still/ refuses to leave. Peter doesn't really have a definitive run though because he's the character who is meant to evolve, meaning different writers are writing about completely different aspects of his life that are each as important than the last. I mean, that is until OMD happened, because Marvel is young and hip and can't have Peter being matured. After all, old people mature, and old people aren't hip.

I know some people say Bendis is the definitive, but I never really enjoyed it all that much, it was just good.

first 25 years

Nextwave
X-Statix

It seems to be in cycle. For a certain period of time, DC is shit and Marvel was pretty good (for what it was). Then, DC is shining but Marvel is going to shit. I wouldn't be surprised if the tables will turn in a few years and if DC will go down in quality, for a reason or another, while Marvel finds a way to improve his books.

Ive started reading Moon Knight, does Bunn and Wood do alright after Ellis' first volume?

I've been so over Marvel. I tried to continue reading but when they pander to the movies or to try and pull in a more "diverse audience" it pushes out long time fans like myself.

Their most popular characters for sales are still white men, well a white guy and another dude made of pure cancer who used to be a white guy.