Why don't you think Bendis is a good writer?

Why don't you think Bendis is a good writer?

Other urls found in this thread:

yooying.com/theblackhannahmontana
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because I'm literate.

You're asking why I don't think Bendis is a good writer?

He is a good writer. He just hasn't written anything good in years.

>continuity is an obstacle course
over the wall, fatty

Go read Civil War II

Why was Spiderman such a punk ass bitch?

Because Marvel readers need characters they can relate to.

He's a good writer. He just needs an editor who won't let him do every retarded thing he wants. He's an unprofressional shit bird who treats criticism like personal attacks, but he's a good writer and has a good, grounded, voice for street level characters.

He takes too many liberties with established characters and only has one voice.

He's got a comfort zone where he does well enough (street level, police procedurals), but doesn't keep to it. Which, I guess would be a good thing, if he ever showed any sign of improving when he goes out of it.

Because Sup Forums said so

This.
Also this.

An sharpish editor would be a boon to Bendis.

... also, who's this remarkably pretty young woman?

Bendis? The comic book writer?

She really is

yooying.com/theblackhannahmontana

Bendis writes comic books?

This, almost a full decade of garbage from him, yet his Ultimate Spider-Man and Daredevil runs are still top notch.

So she's had work done right? Her face looks "too" perfect, like it's made of plastic or something.

He is a good writer. It's just that he's been writing books he has no business writing. It also doesn't help that he's Marvel's favorite among their writers. When it comes to a new idea or a proposal for a new series they check with him on whether or not he wants to write it.

More likely her face is glazed in makeup in every photo

He has talent, we've seen it before, but after he got big he got really lazy and a little full of himself, and now he phones it in.

Half baked ideas, formulaeic and unrealistic dialogue that invades every book he touches, and he warps books around his personal preferences in way that make no sense and piss off fans from prior to his runs.

This happens to some writers who get big in general.

When they don't have to try anymore, they don't.

Stephen King phoned it in a lot for the last 20 years, james patterson doesn't even write his own books anymore, and dean koontz writes the same shit over and over and over and gets paid for it.

The Bendis? The hack?

Yeah, she looks like a spraypainted Barbie.

I actually liked Joyland by Stephen King desu but other than that,I agree that he wasnt his best after he got big

Yeah, she kinda freaks me out a bit. Is that what people call "uncanny valley"?

He's not necessarily a bad writer, he's just an extremely lazy one.

shopped

He still does good work sometimes, but most of his best work is from the first 20 years of his career and most of his worst is from the last 20.

Do you have any more pictures of really dark skinned girls with straightened hair?

She's airbrushed or photoshopped or both. The only real effect is to make her skin smoother.

Yes. Very NEARLY human qualities, but just inhuman enough to be obviously non-real.

To be fair to writers once you really make it big there is a lot of external pressure to keep putting out books. Part of it is money sure, but part of it is fulfilling contractual obligations or maintaining their brand awareness with a new release every few years lest they risk fading from the public eye. So we end up with writers creating a book not because they like the core idea behind it but because they need to keep up their livelihoods.

Right, that doesn't really apply to any of the writers I listed, though, rather those of more minor success.

Especially King and Patterson.

Fuck Patterson, profiting massively off underpaid ghost writers.