Why is it that Robbie Reyes never seems to be a part of Marvel's MARVEL NOW diversity pushes? He wasn't on Champions...

Why is it that Robbie Reyes never seems to be a part of Marvel's MARVEL NOW diversity pushes? He wasn't on Champions, he never made it onto a team, he hasn't appeared outside his own book, he's never in any promo shots specifically showcasing all of Marvel's ethnic teen legacy characters.

Is it purely because of how relatively violent his series is?

Probably because he's considered white by the US government.

White men are the enemy.

In some comics he looks more like a Castizo Hispanic rather than a Mestizo hispanic so that might be why

His book wasn't a hit and Ms Marvel's was.

also i'm sure you can bullshit something about tv vs movies since he was on SHIELD

Because Robbie is too violent, and Sam is half-spic so that fills the diversity quota

>his book wasn't a hit and Ms. Marvel's was
I'm not sure why they're so set on ruining Ms. Marvel rather than using her to leverage more popularity for Robbie, considering that when the two books were announced everyone was creating Robbie/Kam fanart and shipping them, and a lot of people still are despite the fact they haven't met outside of Battleworld. It's clear that there's a definite audience overlap.

Gabe is a spic AND mentally AND physically disabled though user.

i'm still pissed we didn't get a Civil War 2 Crossover Besties installment.

maybe we'll see New FF and Champions team up down the line

>Hispanics in general are a bigger population in America second only to whites
>Marvel wants diversity
>neglects majority of Hispanic characters in favor of three billion new black ones

kek but I'm crying on the inside.

>the Champions subjugate the badguys and while they're patting themselves on the back Robbie and Laura fucking murder them all after they've already surrendered

Sure, but Gabe isn't the MC.

>Not as popular as blacks
>Not as cute as asians
>Not as controversial as muslims

It's probably because of the editorial team.

I feel like if we publicized this we could probably thoroughly embarrass Marvel.

I mean, fuck, DC still has Jaime as Blue Beetle, and the new Green Lantern chick is Hispanic. That's two major characters right there.

>Marvel participates in the marginalization and white washing of Hispanics, public demands Ghost Rider

It probably has something to do with Hispanics not being a race. How the hell will you market to a group that all look different ?

Its why you have more Asian leads on tv than Hispanics

I don't follow?
Do Hispanic names not tend to be specific to Hispanic countries?

If only anyone anywhere knew how to appeal to a shared cultural identity rather than a shared ethnicity

And those countries consist of multiple ethnicity descending of different races. Many of which are thrown into the mixed pile in America, that or they just pick whatever race they want.

I feel like you're nitpicking, to be honest

Alberto Fujimori is pretty Hispanic. American media tends to resort to stereotype for Hispanic characters, which causes further drama. See the minor round of whining over Supergirl's latina not being played by a latina.

>Not a big cry babies as blacks
>Not as fetishised as Asian women
>We don't blow people up
As a spic I feel like we get respectable representation that isn't flat out pandering.

I was still hoping for a Gabe as Ghost Rider chapter. Could have called it Hell On Wheels.

Am I the only one who gets this impression that Robbie would be an amazing foil/lone wolf for the Champions to play off of, sort of a Protoman/White Ranger figure shows up infrequently?

Is he mentality disabled? Did they ever flat out say that cause I feel like they never really specified.

Chin up Hispanon, you're at least as cute as asians. And when mexico refuses to pay for Trump's wall, you're going to be way more controversial than Muslims.

I think it's ambiguous but implied, since he does go to some sort of counselling or therapy at the school, possibly merely emotionally stunted without a specific diagnosis.

I'm waiting for him to find out Robbie is Ghost Rider and ride along in the book of the charger. Kid's a big comics fan maybe he could be a big Ghost Rider IRL fan too?

I'm just explaining the situation as I understand it.
Latin America isn't simply a singular ethnicity even within the countries themselves. They descend of different admixtures of different races. Their cultural context of race developed differently from the USA's to the point it's hard to have 1:1 translation which is why we invented the Hispanic label in the first place.

>you're at least as cute as asians
No.
>Padre TOILETS
Captcha knows what's up.

There are some pretty cute Latinas user.
Eh, until Mexicans start implying an encroaching literal threat Muzzies have them beat.

Okay, so they don't all look the same. Big whoop.
It doesn't excuse the bizarre abundance of new black superheroes in relation to any Hispanic superheroes, even when Hispanics are more abundant and varied than black people.
Just seems weird.

Dude the fact that we're a genetic mixing pot has nothing to do with marketability. They can easily just focus the cultural background

I'm not saying they're not, but the average Asian girl is cuter than the average Latina, and they're less trashy.

Can you fucking retards stop acting like "Hispanic" is a race that brown dumbass mestizos own

I'm a pure white Spaniard American and I'm technically a "White Hispanic" even though my hair is orange my skin is white with green eyes.

Mestizo is a race that's mutually exclusive to white

Hispanic is not a race and I'm sick of you beaners from Mexico trying to turn it into a race

Both of these men are "Hispanic" but they are clearly not of the same race

Hispanic is not a race and any race could be hispanic depending on your geographic non racial lineage

Hell, he could have that discussion with Kamala in her book, talking about their philosophies and the nature of heroism.
>Sorry if I'm careful, but the last time a guy in leather gave me a ride he tazed my parents and abducted my brother.

>Nova
>Miles

Jeez, chill, man.
Christ on a cross.
What do you want us to say?
Mexican-Americans??
You know full well what we're talking about

Quit being so butt blasted about this Spainon. We're taking about Latin Americans from Latin America so you don't apply. I'm sorry mainstream media has taken your labels and given them to someone else but get over it. You of all people shouldn't give a shit about how the US government categorizes us.

You might as well ask why Ghost Rider wasn't on the New Avengers. It's obvious.

>when mexico refuses to pay for Trump's wall
> when

Videgaray ofiicially said we wouldn't pay shit. Catch up, media!

Why in the world would you have wanted him on Champions? Have you read Champions? Robbie's all about being a down to earth role model for his younger brother and providing for him while occasionally fucking up LA crime lords and gang bangers. You think he'd click with the smartphone, # obsessed, social problem solvers who tackle the heavy issues by punching people in the face and then patting themselves on the back like the self-absorbed pin heads Waid depicts them as?

He's basically penciled in as the leader of the New FF, and they liked him enough to push him as the major promotional hook for Agents of Shield. He shows up in a lot of their mobile games, and they bothered to release a Christmas special Infinite comic for him last month. Could they promote him more? Sure, but that wouldn't necessarily be a good thing either. I just wish this stuff they have him doing with Cho, Laura and Cindy could've been in a different team book, rather than in his solo where he hasn't received much time to shine despite being the main character.

>Miles is half-black, and that's the only thing that gets commented on
Do people actually give any speck of shit about the kid Nova, in any context?
Let's be real, here.

>OP never specifies the problem is with Robbie being hispanic
>anons jump in on it anyway
>ignoring the other characters with hispanic roots on champions
>no one gives a shit about the hispanic characters they do have and want the one they like to be in a shitty book only to be written shittly
wew

CALL YOURSELVES FUCKING MEXICANS

WHY CAN"T YOU FUCKING MESTIZO MEXICANS JUST CALL YOURSELVES MEXICAN

YOU FUCKERS RUINED THE ONCE PROUD WHITE WORD KNOWN AS HISPANIC

RICH SPANISH CULTURE AND NAMES ARE NOW FUCKING BEANER MEMES THANKS TO YOU CRIMINAL FUCKS

JUAN WAS ONCE A WHITE NAME UNTIL YOU FUCKS RUINED IT

HISPANIC GENES FROM SPAIN DON'T MAKE BEANERS BROWN

YOU FUCKS ARE BROWN DUE TO YOUR INDIO GENES

>tfw writing about spics is always about muh illegal immigrants
Is this because of awareness or to pander to that because how many of them actually are so good at enlgish and can afford to stay updated on mainstream comics?

>Spaniards
>white
Go back to your desert peninsula, Juan.

You listed two people.
No one ever refers to Miles Morales as the half-black half-Latino Spider-Man.
He's Black Spider-Man.
Don't kid yourself.

I'm not Mexican tho haha

Olé

Are you having a psychotic break?
Do you need someone to call a doctor?

It's topical. Same way you have "terrorists" look very different every decade. Terror used to be an Irish thing.

On this side of the world, Hispanic=Brown, deal with it or fuck off to Yuropooria, where you belong

Because Marvel knows he's the only character of theirs Sup Forums enjoys right now and they don't want to lose that goodwill.

He was pretty great in Agents of SHIELD. Even though his SFX alone probably power bombed their budget for that season.

Why? He is.

But Hispanic is not a race and all brown hispanics are genetically indian rape babies

Injun - Brown

Hispanic - Culture

shut up spic

Sorry. Meant to reply to this guy:

>brown hispanics are genetically indian rape babies
Incorrect, the ones from Spain are moorish rape babies. Now do me a favor and return to your side of the world.

Sorry, dude. Meant to reply to this guy:

now this was the Spiciest I've ever seen someone here on Sup Forums. I can feel your racist anger all the way from Brazil, Mr Paella. Why the fuck do you care about your culture that much? You've just been cucked by Moors for centuries, and after that you were cucked by Portugal by losing the best colony you could get in south america.

They're probably using Robbie's book as a proof of concept. The team up is only set to last 4 issues, if it's well received we'll probably have a new FF3.0 book plus ANGR.

A lot of people raped their way across that peninsula over time.

Looks like this thread is proving my point.

>is powered by Satan hell powers
>lives in the city of angels
>doesn't fight both angel inspired gangsters and literal angels who parallel each other

That would require work, black characters only require picking shit brown to color the few parts not covered by a costume.

>doesn't fight angels
>no long term altercations with the mob
>no high stakes superhuman racing, no foes who use vehicles themselves at all
>no identity conflict as a living urban legend
>no adventures in literal hell
>no looking for answers or old ties to Eli
>fight this purple not!parasite, or rather watch Chulk fight it

I'm mexican and I'm also a hazel-eyed, white redhead.
Hell, I think I only know two or three steretypical Pacos in my social circle. Swarthy skinned brown-eyed. black-haired people with shit tier mustaches seem to be a thing of the south. In the north even the indigenous population have lighter skin than southern mestizos.

Ehhh, well-
I can live without-
>hero has evil satan witchcraft powers
>villain has divine angel powers

Sure it's cliche but it's preferable to
>villain has no thematic relevance to any of the hero's iconography or background whatsoever

>That would require work
Look at me I'm from (insert Latin American country here)
Huh that wasn't so hard. Even then they can just be ambiguously Hispanic

>even then they can just be ambiguously Hispanic
Honestly they can just be ambiguously Not!White if Marvel just wants to push DIVERSITY!

Nova is too white, Miles is too black

When people say hispanic they mean mexican, and that means someone like Julian Castro not Guillermo del Toro.

>All the posts of that triggered Spaniard were deleted.

Maximus KEKsimus Meridius

It's not always about immigrants but it's a common enough issue that I don't see it as pandering more so as just accurate. I feel like it's good territory for stories too like Mexican Zod Superman.

Reminder that Robbie has canonically fought and killed the Krampus.

>"I just finished playing Bayonetta and need more evil seraphs and Paradiso in my life"

what racei s he

is he /ourguy/?

>spaniards
>white

AFTER receiving a "believe in yourself" speech from Santa Claus, don't forget.

Even though he's a popular culture icon and not biblical, would Marvel Santa still have some vaguely christian inspired backstory or powers since he is still associated with Christmas?

I am pretty sure that Marvel's Santa Claus is actually a very old mutant.

>Santa doesn't belong to the mystic sphere like Thor and Strange

>santa claus died in a terrigen cloud

So when does Ichigo here get his next power up Sup Forums?

You can tell because of the way he speaks. It's very underdeveloped

The fuck you talking about, user. Robbie is clearly the V3 to Johnny's Ichigou and Danny's Nigou.

Kamala x Robbie is the perfect ship but Lisa isn't developed enough for us to know how BEST GIRL she is yet. I hope she learns Robbie is GR

>Robbie is more Peter Parker than Peter is at this point
>literally gets his own NOT!MJ cuter than MJ

Eh that doesn't really prove he's a mentally handicapped. He might just have a speech impediment.

>The most generic girl love interest in comics ever
I'd like to see him fuck around with Anya in a young, 'nothing serious but kinda serious' relationship.

Nope, he reacts to certain situations awkwardly or doesn't understand them.

I'm not sure how his condition is at the moment, but while his speech is better, he still not really acting his age.

Far enough, it's been a while since I've read Robbie's stuff but I guess I always assumed Gabe's social issues were just a result of being a kid in a wheelchair and just not having proper interactions with others.

>ghost Rider is actually hell powered this time, not a very ironic looking angel

Bumps for Robbie

When will this Gringo Rider meme end? I want Ghost Rider, dammit.

He kills people.

Ultimate Spider-Man shippers seem to care about him.

Spideynova was the popular ship from the show last I looked.

So did Wolverine, and everyone and their mothers loved that canuckfuck.

>Gringo Rider