Why are so few Roman movies free of christian propaganda? I can only think of 4 or 5 such movies

Why are so few Roman movies free of christian propaganda? I can only think of 4 or 5 such movies.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion_(film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Eagle_(2011_film)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>christian propaganda
Like what, for example?

Ben Hur, Quo vadis, The fall of the Roman empire, and others.

I saw these two recently, they're okay movies with a lot of action and no Jesus shit.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion_(film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Eagle_(2011_film)

Ben Hur is Jewish Propaganda

You know that Christianity existed in late Roman Empire, and became state religion? For one there is too little of it. It's telling a lot that there is not a single film about the life of Constantine.

The truth isn't propaganda user

Fake and gay.
Art in Rome became awful after christianity, but the decline had begun earlier.

It was just a small sect.

>fake and gay
please point out the fakery

Wearing Imperial period armor... fighting Gauls??!?! Who drew that anachronistic shit.

>Gauls
>small circular shields
Why do you pretend to know anything about Roman history?

this image
was originally mad as a response to this one
and I think the point is that you can cherry pick art to make it show any trend you want

Ah good point.

i suck balls.

Here's a list of christcuck-free Roman movies:

Gladiator
The eagle
Centurion
Spartacus
Cleopatra
Caligula (there's a bible quote at the start)

>it was just a small sect
except for when it became the official religion of Rome

>Art in Rome became awful after christianity
>It was just a small sect.

Don't you just love fedora tippers with no intelligence? What that dude posted is half truth. Rome up until Augustus was mud and wooden houses. Only with Augustus in A.D. it's art came into prominence, and Christianity had a lot to do with it. Now scatter along and learn some history.

Dude, everyone except of Augustus lived when Christianity was already widely spread in Rome itself...

Fucking imbeciles these days...

I find this image hilarious because Julian's portrait is sculpted in the same style as the ones on the right and whoever made the image was too dumb to notice.

You fucking idiot. Christianity wasn't even a thing when Augustus died, Jesus hadn't even begun his preachings.

Christians were only about 10% of all the people in the Roman world when Constantine went insane and became a christian.

That neckbeard

>
confirmation bias: the posts

Why so mad? Go read some Bible, it would calm your nerves a lot. And it would help with your reading abilities as well, they are clearly lacking... Also, please don't show your lack of intelligence by stating the percentage of Christians of whole bloody fucking Roman empire, and not the city itself.

Eh, just watch the TV shows set in the Republic and early Empire. Like Spartacus and Rome.

christianity was seen as a small jewish sect until like a couple decades after constantine, i thought.

Very few people in the city of Rome were christians, maybe at most about 15-20% right before Constantine. Most of them were women, converted jews and slaves and they made no contributions to Roman culture.

They were heavily persecuted only a few years before Constantine came to power. This was a hated minority that contributed NOTHING to Rome.

And these things existed where? On the moon? Christianity was huge in Rome and in Greek cities. Even historians with atheist leanings admit that, and they tie it's size as a reason for Constantine's conversion. It never was the other way around.

Can we just talk about Roman History without you fags sperging out over Christianity

False. It was a minority, at most 15-20%.

dude that literally looks like its secret and underground. not exactly evidence in your favor lol

man that horse is having the time of his life

i think the coolest thing about roman history is knowing all the richness and depth of human experience that occurred so long ago, and how it can come alive today through stories and tv and sheit.

basically it makes me wonder how far our history will reach into the future.. i wonder if there will be sitcoms made about the era of trump and shit like that

Not true. All historians agree that without Constantine the west wouldn't have become Christian. Christians were persecuted right before Constantine came to power, what happened after that was extremely unlikely.

Some historians even believe that Mithraism might have prevailed instead.

Nonsense numbers. There is no scientific data anywhere to substantiate anything, since it was, you know, underground religion... What we do know is that patrician families did practice it. You've a perfectly ordinary high class Roman tomb under the St. Pauls that features Catholic frescoes inside.

>All historians agree that

Name all of them...

WHERE'S MY BYZANTINE KINO

>wanting greekshit

nay roachposter.

Even if it's 15-20%, that's huge for a few decades old religion.

Those are the numbers that even christian scholars use. 10% is the lowest I've seen, 20% is the highest.

This was a hated cult that only a few people practiced. Mostly slaves and women and a few weirdos of the higher classes.

>This retarded statement.

The vatican helping to turn back attila and disease did more to help europe become christian than any greekshit turning christian.

And if we're being honest, I'd argue Vlad The Impaler did more for christian europe than any eastern roman emperor. He harassed the ottomans till they wasted massive resources burning his shitty country to ground, several times on their way to vienna.

Imagine that they had much bigger version of these on ships! Only problem was that if the tide was wrong, they'd burn themselves by it.

Go to pol's retarded offspring /his/ or to /twg/

Both are unhistorical shitshow

Again, these are completely nonsense number. What you're stating as facts are vague estimates!

Fact: All of Rome's greatest achievements were pre-Christian. People have been pointing this out since the 18th century.

I was talking about the time right before Constantine came to power in the 4th century.

During the first decades after Jesus died the number of christians were of course not that great. Maybe only a few percent.

space byzantines any day now

Christianity is the most cucked religion, it's not even funny.

That would be paganism, friendo. The religion all of our bloodlines had until sand niggers tricked idiots into believing it.

Putting a white face on jewish and islamic ideas doesn't make it ours.

>tfw we will probably never get a good Horus Heresy live action saga

>This was a hated cult that only a few people practiced.

You're a moron. Only notable persecution happened under Nero, and as neutral Tacitus reports, it was viewed as unsubstantiated.

No shit Sherlock.

You're the moron. Persecutions happened quite often, culminating in the brutal persecutions during Diocletians reign.

And what would they be? Enslaving more than half of total Greek population, ultimately destroying Greek civilization? Sacking and annihilating Carthage? They were awesome guys.

This a stupid question. Movies set before Christianity was a thing are Roman movies with Christianity.

Greek civilization was diminished before Rome conquered it though.

When Constantine took over, christcucks we're still only 10 percent of the population.

It was huge in all cities, where stupid ideas germinate. Doesn't change the fact that the conversion was forced from the top down.

People unfamiliar with Roman history often mistake the murder of Christians as institutionalized persecution, whereas this was very seldom the case. Citizens of the empire were not persecuted for practicing foreign religions. However, there were requirements for citizens, regardless of their beliefs, to partake in particular state sanctioned rituals, holidays, and festivals. So, because it was common for Christians to refuse to practice the required pagan customs, it was not unusual for them to be punished.

In reality, many Christians were very socially disruptive and frequently provoked Roman punishment. This is historically interesting because we have records of correspondence between Roman magistrates concerning how to deal with unruly Christian subjects. One of the magistrates, in the document I have in mind, wants to send his Christians into an arena where they will be killed publicly. However, the corresponding magistrate informs him that this is unwise because it was common for Christians to provoke what we might refer to today as police assisted suicide in order to martyr themselves.

>Centurion
>Last Legion
>eagle
>Gladiator
>Cyclops

Nero, Decius, Diocletian, whoever was in charge when Cyprian was killed, Galerius, Maximinus Diah,. That's off the top of my head.

>Gladiator
>christcucks'free

Think again fgt

>we're

I know and I don't really care, that's not what this thread is about at all.

formerly wear