/who/ - DOCTOR who General

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

fjackets.com/buy/Peter-Capaldi-Doctor-Who-Hooded-Jacket.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He's pretty hot as well. Such a silver fox...

Rank regeneration scenes, best to worst

Doctor Who is Bread.

10>>>>>>>the rest

Very wrong. Very, very wrong. Just so, so wrong. Try again.

His father in law had a better regen scene than him, you idiot.

>1. The Day Of The Doctor
>2. Blink
>3. Genesis Of The Daleks
>4. The Caves Of Androzani
>5. City Of Death
>6. The Talons Of Weng-Chiang
>7. The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances
>8. Pyramids Of Mars
>9. Human Nature/The Family Of Blood
>10. Remembrance Of The Daleks

How do we "fix" the Doctor Who Magazine poll?

Not liking Tennant is a fucking meme, his run was easily the greatest, and his regeneration had me crying. I haven't seen any of Davidson though but I guarantee you he's not as good as his son in law

Disqualify the opinions of anyone who lists Ten as their favorite Doctor. Except Edge, Edge has good opinions.

Tbh, I grew up watching Tennant as the Doctor and I was just fucking tired and bored of him at the end of his run, I was glad to see him go. Eleven, on the other hand, had a good regeneration (minus the explodey reset bit). It was a nice, emotional send of without too much melodrama, with some lovely sentiment. Ten whined his way out and blew up the tardis. That's a tantrum of a regeneration.

edge put your trip back on

I really hate Eleven but would say he easily has one of the most kino regens

>GOAT TIER
2 (The War Games)
11 (The Time Of The Doctor)
8 (The Night Of The Doctor)
5 (The Caves Of Androzani)

>GREAT TIER
1 (The Tenth Planet)
3 (Planet Of The Spiders)
9 (The Parting Of The Ways)

>GOOD TIER
4 (Logopolis)

>ALRIGHT TIER
War (The Day Of The Doctor)
7 (The Movie)

>"...really?" TIER
10 (The End Of Time)

>TRANSCENDENT TIER
6 (Time And The Rani)

Bonus question: The next time they conduct this, will Heaven Sent make the top 10 as it obviously and objectively should? How high?

5 > 8 > 3 > 11 > 7 > 2 > 9 > 4 > War > 1 > 6 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 10

That's just imo

DID ANYONE FIND THE JUMPER FOR 10 QUID (30 AUD probably kek)

It's just...it's just a fucking black jumper with holes poked into it

Heaven Sent will be top 5. Which position depends on how contaminated the poll is by the faction of plebs that didn't get it.

but it's a nice jumper, brent

The only bad thing about Ten's regen is the "I don't want to go" line. It's OOC and a shitty way for any doctor to go out.

Has this female doctor started yet. If so what did people think?

yet people ate it up like candy and even refused to watch any episodes with future doctors because it was just THAT sad

google it, tourist

There were always people that weren't going to watch it after Tennant left, and the fanbase as whole is better off without them. If you can't stand your wet dream boyfriend is gone, a show where the cast/star consistently changes and change is a basic theme of the show is not for you

She hasn't even started filming her episodes yet.

I always assumed /who/ was just full of redditfags. Carry on user.

...why the fuck are porgs a big thing with neo-nazis?

Sup Forums?

I'm sure Sup Forums made it a thing, but why? What's the connection? I dun ged it

and its amazing and i want it.

If I had to guess them trying to troll the rather SJW neo-Star Wars films by making their cute alien dude a nazi symbol?

Those people are still very loud *7* years later
Was it this bad when T. Baker left?

I mean that makes sense. I guess I just expected there to be more too it, cause of that user that keeps asking who the best pawg is with an image of a porg with a swastika

GUYS THIS IS SO CHEAP

fjackets.com/buy/Peter-Capaldi-Doctor-Who-Hooded-Jacket.html

>send of

>more too it

Whoops, pardon my grammar, I'm a wee bit drunk

I might be totally wrong I just know Sup Forums has done shit like that before

Assembling a cosplay, are you?

It's literally just a fucking black hoodie

Only forty bucks... I don't really have the money for it but I really wanna buy it. Should I do it /who/?

Nah you're probably right, it makes sense. What a bunch'a jerks.

I feel like it's pretty funny to be honest, might just be my hatred for the Disney Star Wars leaking out though

I mean it would be, if they weren't literally nazis

It's exactly what happened.
A pretty fun way to try and counter the blatant commercialization IMHO.
it won't work but still, the nazi porg edits are funny, and it's always funny to see the usual suspects go batshit about the dangers of memes as hate symbol. Shows how out of touch they are.

no it just looks nice.

i mean if its good materials 40 is pretty good regardless of capaldi wearing it

How come late Matt Smith run is so lame when the first two series were so well built?
I dun geddit

>hasn't watched Rebels or read Bloodline

>series 6
>well built

>I mean it would be, if they weren't literally nazis
But they're not

I read Bloodline, parts of it were great but it was obviously tacked on after TFA so that they don't have to bother explaining what's going on in the movies and have retards yell at you to read a book.

And I don't really wanna watch rebels, I couldn't get through Clone Wars (I know they say it gets better later on but I couldn't do it), and it looks like they're putting all this shit in that is unnecessary and silly for the the rebellion

Which one of those has the tranny aliens?

The writer of the last TV show (that wasn't Doctor Who) you watched write a Doctor Who episode. How does it play out?

The second and third Aftermath books have a bit with a pirate lady who goes by Xi/Xir pronouns

Some genuinely are, but not that many. Most just think they are because they want to be contrarian, edgy, or don't understand it and think nazism = white identitarianism.
Doesn't help for these that all the info usually recommended by Sup Forums is revisionnism and actual accounts and analysis is dismissed by the full-on nazis as "muh juicy propaganda"

Last show I watched was Arrow, probably wouldn't turn out too well seeing how shite it is now

Doctor Who is dead.

If the doctress gets pragent and regenerates into a man is she a madre or a padre?

Those Aftermath books were utter shit. Written by a guy who only wrote a first draft.

Shame it still had better ideas than the last few books from the first EU.

Neither, that's an Aftermath trilogy thing iirc, but the the second two books are actually really solid if you don't let one random very minor character bother your political allergies

The first one is hastily written trash but eh

>a bit with a pirate lady who goes by Xi/Xir pronouns

Really? I really hate Disney Star Wars but I think they're really excellent

You thought Aftermath was excellent? What did you like about it?

>he doesn't like Mister Bones and Sinjir and other assorted friends

Well I don't really remember much from the first one, but the second and third I think are amazing. I really like big ensemble pieces like that, and I loved the way everyone played off of eachother. Sloane and Gallius were both GOAT too, and he should've been Snoke

Sloane is such an underrated character due to being all in books and a comic or two

She's really great though and if you haven't read A New Dawn I recommend it

what would it be like if doctor who and doctor mariwho changed places?

A doctor-themed Doctor would probably be too meta for anyone at the beeb to handle.
just look how much they sperged out over the "Doctor who?" plotline

>Supporting disney wars

The Aftermath trilogy is great, it's some of their other shit and the movies that are bad

I agree, I love her, is she in New Dawn? Also, what comics is she in?

It's big budget, sci-fi, user. I'm gonna enjoy it just cause of that.

They ruined the classic characters, created shit new characters and took the story in the stupidest direction possible.

wheres the "REEE TALK ABOUT DOCTOR WHO" user?

i bet he's one of the ones arguing about star wars

You say this as if the New Jedi Order and Legacy of the Force books didn't already do what Disney did. They even did the "Han and Leia's son turns into an edgelord and kills Jedi" idea first.

it could be worse, we could be discussing Harry Potter.

Who here likes the Star Wars EU more than the Doctor Who EU? If so, why?

I totally agree with you, if you're talking about the movies. The Aftermath books are still great, even if they're not where I would've taken the story

>sci-fi
>gonna
You're embarrassing yourself queer.

>calling people queers on a Vietnamese dollmaking board
Where do you think you are?

Would you rather have one really high quality movie every 2-3 years or one really mediocre, agenda-driven TV show every year/2 years like we've been getting?

>tfw you arent sure if your shoes are tied

>agenda-driven

having throwaway lefty lines is hardly making the show "agenda driven"

Not on /lgbt/ you dirty faggot.

>Only 2 hours of Doctor Who every 2-3 years
That sounds fucking stupid. Almost as stupid as calling something "agenda-driven".

that's it, no more normies talking about normie sci fi here

This is an animorphs general now

>the show
Fucking idiot

Yeah in A New Dawn she's one of the two main Imperial characters against the two main would-be rebel characters so you get to see her earlier on in her career, and I thiiiiink she was referenced in the Kanan comics because of said role in A New Dawn

I could swear I've heard of her being referenced in another comic but I haven't read enough of the comics honestly

Build is getting really good

>preferring quantity over quality
>not noticing an agenda being pushed, and quite heavily i might add

lol you think your opinion isn't poopyturds.

prove to me how s10 was agenda driven

pro tip, bill being gay doesnt count

mongoloid he was mongoloid

Fucking retarded faggot.

Sir, do you have Tourette's? Because calling people fucking retarded is a bad argument.

like, i could go into depth about it, but i would probably get banned for Sup Forums shit. instead, i will just leave you with 4 words. history is a whitewash.

Give me one good reason why the Doctor's childhood should never be explored.

>It's a "Sup Forums thinks they're clever" episode

>one line from a hack writer on a forgettable episode makes the whole season agenda driven

my sides

>lol
>poopyturds

It'd be boring, unnecessary, and get rid of any remaining nuance in the Doctor's character