Batman #15 Storytime

>"It was a boat."

Rooftops Conclusion!

OH SHIT NEW COMIC BOOK DAY! Thanks Norrin.

Thanks for reading, folks.

Support the official release!

Superman:

So she took the fall for someone else?

What a fucking cop out.

I really liked these despite the weird calling eachother Bat and Cat thing.

Also, could Batman be any more of a chump.

Thanks Norrin

What's the odds of Selina giving birth to a new addition of the Bat Family for futurel ore?

This post coital scene pleases me. Helena Wayne when?

A nod to rebirth shenanigans?

I like everyone's like "Sure bats, she 'ran'" I don't like rebirth holly one bit. I liked her as a kid Selina took care of.

You just know Bruce was gonna say his heart. Either way *puke*

Year One is still canon!

You know who Bruce ever called cat? An actual cat. Like when he referred to Dex Starr in Justice League Action as cat. Made me think he wants to fuck cats thanks to King.

Stupidest Nickname in the world.

Damn for someone to blind side batman like that they must be good.

>Bat
>Cat
STOP TRYING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN, KING. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

>Alfred was listening the whole time.

i may be wrong but didn't catwoman go by the cat when she first appeared?

Selina remembers Year One, but Bruce remembers Batman #1 from 1939. So it's more of a pick the origin you like thing.

this is a really beautiful pair of pages

Rebirth tie in?

Yes. And she didn't have a costume, she was just a normal thief. Also Batman literally just let her go because he thought she was hot.

I really wish this had actually been just some random woman he thought was Holly

fantastic

>Yeah, "Jim."

I love it

how lewd

So Selina remembers being a prostitute again?

>he cant handle some corny romance in his comics about men in tights
kek

love it, thanks Norrin

>calling Catwoman "Cat" is the stupidest nickname in the world

haha what? You are overreacting.

They don't wear tights, it's mostly armor.

Actually I kind of like this. It ties in nicely with her post-Crisis story of being trained by Selina and becoming the new Catwoman. Now she's like her Jason Todd.

Not puke as in its disgusting. More like it's too cute that I am going to barf.

Someone post a link to storytime of the first Catwoman issue where they said she killed 237 people.

All you faggots you know who you are that were bitching and moaning, read that thread and feel bad.

Batfags are literally the worst.

oh okay, then yeah I agree fully

Was Catwoman's first costumed/villain encounter with Batman retconned in Year One? I know she puts on the costume, and scars The Roman's face but I don't think she encounters Batman then.

Because basically it's saying that Batman didn't pay a massive amount of attention to the pro-Domme whore as he was being attack by a group of whores in any case; as well as being shot by a cop and being in a car crash.

It's more than Selina remembers Bruce from then, but Bruce remembers Selina from the first caper of hers he thwarted.

Throwing Holly Robinson under the bus isn't really an improvement you know. If anything it makes even less sense for her to kill 237 people.

This is really, really cool for a number of reasons. Seriously great pages

This art's all over the god damn place.

I'm completely okay with Batman/Catwoman shipping, and I feel like this could be a romantic story with them, but the dialogue is just bad. King gives everyone the same voice, and it doesn't really fit anyone.

Also I'm not really on-board with making Holly a murderer. She was originally meant to be a grounding character for Catwoman, she was the one telling Selina to stop doing crazy shit.

kek

WOW.. One great spoiler

i disagree, to me Catwoman and Batman are similar (which is the point) but distinct. And Gordon and Alfred definitely don't have the same voices. In fact I cant think of any characters that do. You're reaching.

Ugh. I want to like it, I don't like it.

It feels like it's trying to be artsy and different to the point where it's kind of obnoxious.

Also, fuuuck that bat/cat garbage. It's horrible and sounds completely unnatural.

This actually makes sense they would remember differently from each other.
Batman went with the group to the beginning of time to fight the Anti-Monitor and thus was part of the group that wasn't affected by the universe change and kept pre-crisis memories. And here he is remembering the first meeting in the pre-crisis continuity.
Catwoman was not part of the group so when the universe changed in CoIEs she changed with it and thus remembers the post crisis continutiy.

your opinion is wrong

So now Gotham is stuck in some sort of eternal day now? What the fuck is this shit? King can't write for shit.

That is genuinely interesting

>She stole the night

What did he mean by this? I'm serious.

This page should have started with Batman saying 'You smoke too much' after Jim lights the pipe.

The issue with this though is if you read The Return of Bruce Wayne, or the final issue of Snyder's run on Batrman the "Yes father, I will become a Bat" while in veteran clothes before ringing the bell is a clear reference to Year One.

The answer, which I explained before, is here

you know how Batman always says "I AM THE NIGHT!"

She "stole" that by saving him/ tricking him earlier/ making him fall in love with her

what
said but also she stole their night of love, and maybe, perhaps, stole his heart too.

That doesn't really contradict anything or really make any issue.

In 24 issues' time:
>"Bruce, I'm pregnant"

why does King repeat himself so much
is he autistic

I dont get it either

Selina not being a prolific assassin doesn't make up for I Am Suicide being bad, you know.

This was an improvement, I'll give it that. Bat and Cat nicknames still come across as robotic

Not saying it was. Just pointing out that a bunch of Batfags immediately started calling King a hack because they genuinely thought he'd turn her into a mass murderer.

His pre-Crisis origin is that he settles on Batman because "criminals are a superstitious and cowardly lots" his post Crisis origin from Year One is because a bat flew through the window and landed on his father's bust as he was bleeding to death after being shot, stabbed, and in a car crash. Which is the night Selina is referring to.

Fucking Kek
Based Selina
Beautiful
BruceXSelina is my OTP I'm glad king ships it

Are you retarded?

He's joking

Are you trying to agree with me? Why do you keep replying repeating back to me stuff I said?

It's called a joke user.

couldn't they have taken that bat, crop him out in ps or something and tilted him just enough to stand upright ?

so rebirth is just one big hard retcon, with no explanation, and people don't mind it because they're nostalgia fags

Great and iconic stories that helped shape who the characters are should always remain canon, you bitchy little sourpuss.

God damn is tgis coloring is ugly in some places.
And godamn was this such an unsatisfying ending to a horrbile storyline.
The point? Damn if i know.

She stole Batman's virginity/heart

no, but I'm unsurprised that someone that blankets all nostalgia as bad would be confused by something like this

I seriously wish King would cut this crap that Batman's a suicidal fucker and that Catwoman as another suicidal person is the only who can understand his pain and romanticized idea of suicide.

It paints a bad image of Batman and Catwoman.

LOVE THESE PAGES
is this the first time Holly's been mentioned since the reboot?
Character Assassination 101, shit you would think Holly was an original member of the X-Men.

Give this man the first No-Prize of 2017, you should be an editor.

don't forget that Bane is suicidal too

The repetitions of phrases does make everyone sound the same.

is it possible for King to write a fun story without Seeley?

And Deadshot.

Jim Gordon seems to be suicidal too now, because he knows that he smoke too much and will probably die of cancer, but he can't stop it.

We need to make a list.

Has Deadshot appeared?

No.

He's in Suicide Squad as a lead character and a major player in the current event. How have you missed him?