Blade Runner 2049 - ACTUAL best girl edition:

Part II

>Why didn't you help her?
CELLS

Do all JOI look the same or can you customize them?

Joi is surely a nice thing to have but late at night when it's cold and lonely you need Luv to squeeze you tight.

he was literally only 4 years old or something

Something I find interesting is when K meets that human technician at Wallace Corp. The guy talks about the black out and how is the mother still cries over the lost baby pictures.

This is interesting to me because in Blade Runner the replicants cherish their personhood and humanity by collecting photographs... which a few short years later millions of humans are then robbed of. Where they robbed of their humanity? Certainly that technician looked more like what you imagine a replicant to be than a person... yet he is fully human.

The menu interface suggests total customization.

I can't believe this guy is making dune. We're finally gonna have a good Dune movie.

Also guy from previous thread who just saw it tonight with his friends that hated it. How do I convince my friends that this was a good movie? They stated that at the very least, they are willing to go back and watch the original blade runner. Do you think they would have liked 2049 more if they saw the first movie? I personally do not like the original.

>how does it feel to stare at Luv's ass?
within cells

(You)
i feel like the widespread existence of a product like joi might put a wedge into that demographic

Definitely, but there must still be some. I wonder what a replicant would feel about such people, if anything at all. I haven't watched the anime short, only read the synopsis, but from the sound of it Trixie's feelings on her patsy are ambiguous.

I want Luv to choke me right to the brink of death for her amusement only to have her then make me a nice meal and snuggle up as we watch some movies or spin some Bing Crosby records.

>Wallace designed that ass personally. It must be special. I wonder if he designed *my* ass personally…

If they didn't like 2049 for the lack of action scenes there is no way they would like the original.

it better be fucking 6 hours long
it will be males only
ill bring my piss jug

You can't convince somebody to like something. Maybe you can convince them that the movie is technically well made but not for them. I can appreciate movies that I don't enjoy because I can recognize effort, intelligence, creativity, and meaning in something that I don't myself care for. Perhaps your friends can do this?

Don't make me feel that feel you son of a bitch. Interlinked.

Just give them some time. It gets better with reflection. The first time you see it, it can just seem too long and drawn out. It gets better the more you go back and think about it.

Why is no one actually from Sup Forums praising this flick?

Pretty sad that Luv desires to be loved, to be told, "I love you" even, and daily she gets to hear herself casually referred to as "love". A nickname that many people adopt for their partner for casual use.

"Sit down and talk for a bit, love?"
"What's bothering you, love?"
"Coming to bed, love?"

Luv hears this kind of thing constantly but knows that isn't the meaning in her case.

Must hurt.

>actually from Sup Forums
What did he mean by this?

i suspect 50% of /tv have yet to see it.

how the hell does the emanator work? It can project Joi through solid objects

I honestly didn't want 2049 to end. I wanted it to keep going and going and going. I fucking doubt Dune is gonna be three hours long let alone six. After 2049 bombing, the director is gonna try to make the length more appealing to the masses.

True. I'll let them sleep on it. Maybe they'll reflect on the movie in their sleep. Maybe they'll dream about the movie and their thoughts on it. Maybe they'll dream about electric sheep. I'll ask them at breakfast tomorrow if they consider a well-made movie but just not for them.

Love hurts.
Love scars.
Love wounds.
And mars.

Within cells.

R-Rachel!?

It's a fictional product, it doesn't matter.

Very true. No one can say honestly that this movie wasn't made well on a technical level. But there are some movies like "NATAS The Reflection" which are utter pieces of shit from all angles. Or many of the Asylum releases which are clear ripoffs of current blockbusters are made with the sole intention of tricking people and squeezing as much money as possible from those suckers. That kind of filmmaking is malicious and an insult to the craft.

AAAA WTF IS THAT THIGN

Sup Forums posters
not retards from other boards posting on Sup Forums posters

Interrogator: Officer K-D-six-dash-three-dot-seven, let's begin. Ready?
>K: Yes, sir.
Recite your baseline.
>And blood-black nothingness began to spin... A system of cells interlinked within cells interlinked within cells interlinked within one stem... And dreadfully distinct against the dark, a tall white fountain played.
Cells.
>Cells.
Have you ever been in an institution? Cells.
>Cells.
Do they keep you in a cell? Cells.
>Cells.
When you're not performing your duties do they keep you in a little box? Cells.
>Cells.
Interlinked.
>Interlinked.
What's it like to hold the hand of someone you love? Interlinked.
>Interlinked.
Did they teach you how to feel finger to finger? Interlinked.
>Interlinked.
Do you long for having your heart interlinked? Interlinked.
>Interlinked.
Do you dream about being interlinked... ?
>Interlinked.
What's it like to hold your child in your arms? Interlinked.
>Interlinked.
Do you feel that there's a part of you that's missing? Interlinked.
>Interlinked.
Within cells interlinked.
>Within cells interlinked.
Why don't you say that three times: Within cells interlinked.
>Within cells interlinked. Within cells interlinked. Within cells interlinked.
We're done... Constant K, you can pick up your bonus.

>Do you dream about being interlinked... ?
What did he mean by this?

it emanates

Ridley couldn't help himself from tying Blade Runner to his Alien universe.

Do you even know where you are, Drive was Sup Forumss favorite movie back then, this is like Drive + Blade Runner, it's consistent with Sup Forums

Besides the fact cells and interlinked are suppose to be like a form of hypnosis to keep replicants in check, i don't really understand this scene. Is there a good analysis on it somewhere on youtube?

The guy giving K these tests has become one of my favorite characters, even though he is unnamed and never appears on screen.

An user pointed out how the person giving these tests needs to be totally unbiased towards replciants; neither hating nor really sympathizing with them. They have to ask them neutral questions but then throw in stabbing, emotionally charged or hostile questions, all with the intent to throw the replicant off. If it works too many times the replicant could be killed.

Yet the test giver seems to have given K a nickname, which implies familiarity and a degree of affinity or respect, and when K eventually fails the test their is a brief silence before he calls the result which could be interpreted to infer a level of genuine concern.

they put him in a little stressbox and rapidly ask pointed questions to make sure he can repeat the proper phase without being emotionally affected by the situation or the implications

Do you have the second interrogation dialogue?

But they also scan his heartbeat, pupils, brain activity etc.
He will give red flags if he's emotionally compromised.

Were you even here for that? Drive was hated by everyone outside of Sup Forums(unlike this piece of shit). After it became a kool ebin meme screencap thing you could pick up on reddits Sup Forums forum is when everyone else jumped on it

it's similar to a voight-kampff in that regard, although it's looking for the opposite result

So the JOI billboard was based off that MEMEME animation right ? The colors are almost exact.

What I don't get is how did Deckard's daughter make her own memory and give it to K? It's illegal and plus wouldn't she have known she's using her own memory?

user explained it in the previous thread I think

it just asks you to respond with a command (within cells interlinked) and measures your response time.It gives you prompts that would evoke emotions or an emotional response.

Ideally you'd respond like a robot - the exact same way no matter what is being said. If emotions arise the response time is altered, like when he was way off baseline in the second test.

Choose

Easy. The best one.

I thought the test guy was Domhnall Gleeson from Ex Machina, his voice sounds pretty similar and it would be interesting for him to be in two movies about AI gfs.

what the fuck happened to jared leto's character

Me personally, the right

>(unlike this piece of shit)

He's probably just still doing his thing, seeing if he can make fertile replicants.

Ana > Hoeks > Mackenzie

Mackenzie

I want those legs around me and I'm tall enough for her

Hoeks.

What was K feeling when he saw the giant billboard Joi that talked to him? Was he starting to think that joi wasnt really valid or was it that in that moment he became determined to make his own decisions and not be a tool of any factions

Obviously the one that can gouge my fucking eyes out but won't.

so why was rachel fertile? how did deckard impregnate her? how is the daughter able to age if she's a replicant (sorta anyway)?

the relationships between k and the human cops he worked closely with were pretty interesting, i would've liked to see more, maybe in a short.

Cause Tyrell made her that way
Penis in vagina.
Replicants are synthetic humans. They are made of the same shit humans are made of just enhanced.

Because Tyrell designed her to be fertile, and compatible with human sperm, and because the age restriction was artificially imposed.

mackenzi

She made it just like any other memory.
She never gave it to K, it was implanted in him by the people who made him which was Wallace corp.

She knows it's illegal but she couldn't resist putting in a real one along with all the fakes ones.

She knows it's hers that's why she cries

Tbh the part is left for interpretation. However, it was a moment that changed him and lead him to his action at the end.

Does this mean other replicants are possibly fertile?

I'd rather have a pure virgin replicant gf with the perfect body who will always be loyal to me but still have her own feelings than a regular boring old human woman (or especially more than a fake AI who will love me no matter what I do.)

Not unless they came off the same production line as Rachel. Which begs the question why Wallace can't just clone her to get that ability.

Agreed.

Maybe extend the arrest scene so we actually see him get cuffed and put in the back of a police spinner.

Rachel was special to Tyrell. He modeled her after his niece, didn't tell her she was a replicant. She was the most advanced model, so I think the answer is no

Tyrell made her fertile but the knowledge how to died with him so probably no.

>original had a human fall in love with a replicant
>2049 has a replicant fall in love with a hologram
>blade runner 3 will have a hologram fall in love with a _______

>Do you dream about having your life interlinked with someone else, someone you love?

The feelings aren't genuine if they are programmed in.

Or are they?

If she has no freedom I have no interest. In that case I'm content just imagining companionship when it strikes me.

Would totally love to fall for a girl only to later find out she's a replicant. Very hot.

Human.

Human emotions are as programmed as any other conceivable type just at a level of complexity we can't reproduce technologically.

anime pillow

So is Deckard a human or replicant? Cause when K meets with the others they said this could make them superior to the humans but the only way that'd be possible is if it is possible for two replicants to have kids. If he isn't then that would mean they'd still need humans right?

then I would ask you what are your thoughts? I considered that he thought that Joi was just a distraction "whatever you want hear, whatever yo want her to be" but then that sort of seems odd to have running alongside the theme that there is no real difference between life

atari 2600

So K is just a normal replicant then right?

Wallace doesn't even know.

It was a reminder that his entire life, including his love life, was manufactured. It was predetermined, designed.

Joi was nothing more than a hologram with imbued artificial intelligence. In the beginning of the movie, he acknowledges this and even embraces it a bit. He doesn't mind when people comment on his affinity for it. He treats it like a secretive hobby, something he enjoys but knows has no ''real'' meaning. Something for him personally.

It changes during the midpoint of the movie when he starts relating his actual thoughts and feelings. She begins to actually convey more nuanced empathy, acting sorrowful, willingly putting herself in harm's way, actually acting not as a household item/toy that he finds himself enjoying, but actually forming a deep, emotional connection with. When she is finally destroyed, he feels immense sorrow and deep pain like any human being would; despite being a mere projection, she provided emotional stability to his life and was genuinely, potentially, the only thing that loved him.

When he was on the bridge and he viewed the advertisement of Joi, he felt robbed. When the advertisement actually said he looked like a 'Joe,' it was a vicious punch to the gut; it meant that his specific girlfriend, Joi, was pre-programmed all along to give him a name, to personalize the target/individual, et cetera. It was in that moment it dawned upon him that everything, absolutely everything in his life, was a lie; it was a delusion. Everything was a fabrication. He had just learned that he was not special, that he was not born, but made like any other replicant; at the very least, he thought, that his emotional tie to Joi was somewhat realistic. It was the only thing he could cling to.

When the advertisement was shown and taunted him, he felt robbed of even that. Everything in his life, absolutely everything, was a facade. None of it was real. Even his most prized connection wasn't real.

That's the big question. It's not really told

The whole test is longer and has other phrase as well

Cell and interlink are highlight because it is the focus of K character’s personal conflict. Cell is a prison that K feel that he’s trapped in, his job, his disposition, his standing in the world. Interlinked refers to K’s desperation to find someone or something to connect/attach to.

There is that randomness though which makes it more authentic.

Is it the same to see a shooting star that is artificially produced on command, or to happen to look up at the right moment and see one occurring naturally?

>It was a reminder that his entire life, including his love life, was manufactured. It was predetermined, designed.

Just like Deckard's love for Rachel whether he himself is a replicant or not. It doesn't really matter because it can be said that he only loved something that was designed to be loved by him. That he was tricked.

Nice point.

what race should we call the half-replicant, half-human daughter?

This. When Deckard said why he did what he did you can tell it hurt him that he wasn't the kid. He wanted to feel important and have that purpose. Since that was fake he felt unwanted and unimportant

contrived

I doubt Deckard is a replicant because he is constantly getting his ass handed to him by replicants.

it seemed more like they just ordered him back to the station, since he wasn't even disarmed before joshi called him into her office.

which is a pretty bad protocol when you have a potentially belligerent superhuman officer on your hands but some things gotta happen for narrative convenience

Now, that being said, what makes this all the more puzzling is ~his~ version of Joi.

Although preprogrammed with certain characteristics, she seemingly evolves throughout the movie as a complex entity. In her own way, Joi lives vicariously through K. When she realizes that he could actually be "real," someone born, she herself lights up. This is significant for her in a way, because in some sense, it makes her real. That being said, she is pre-programmed to care for him always, to make him feel special. It's up to interpretation how the viewer wants to feel about this aspect.

I think the defining moment for her is when she actually instructs K to place her in the emanator. She realizes the potential consequences and the fallout if they are caught, yet willingly takes the risk to destroy her own life in the process. She is shown to be self sacrificial, a trait that I'm not quite sure that Wallace necessarily wanted in the program.

In short, the way I see it? She evolved from her standard AI programming. She acknowledged, at one point, what she was; she said she was nothing more than 1's and 0's, casually reminding both of them of the fact that she's a mere holographic projection. But later on, when she announces to K her love for him and her willingness to actually die for him, she's inherently making a move for free will.

One could, on the other hand, argue that even that is pre-programmed; that she only calculated probabilities on what K would've truly wanted and hence, chose that option as that would best make him the most happy. Now, that being said, it's a bit tricky because she actually COERCES K to do this; it is not a request, but a very subtle command. It's gentle, but it's a command nonetheless; she even instructs him to break the antenna.

It's an incredibly powerful scene that's underrated. In that one scene, she becomes her own agent and takes hold of her own destiny.

Terran

1. Dr. Stelline
2. Slime girl
3. Joi
4. Joshi
5. Luv
6. Priss
7. Zhora
8. Mariette
9. Rachel

But he's also able to handle his own with other replicant

This is the correct interpretation.
Person who's programmed AI will not see it this way, but this is a movie and this is the Blade Runner universe. It's not really based in reality.
She evolved alongside K. Even though they're both made and programmed they both went beyond their programming even if it was all not true in the end, they believed it to be true and acted like it was true, so what really is the difference.
At the bridge he's reflecting on that, the advertisement was not his joi and could never replace her, he felt actual loss

This is essentially the original Voight-Kaumpf test that was used in Blade Runner to identify Replicants, just beefed up and specified for Replicant emotions. We're at the point in replicant engineering now that emotionally we can use this hyper-aggressive test to keep them in check, especially being a replicant having to retire other replicants, heavy shit.

The way its paired with Deckard rejecting the Rachael copy backs that up imo. The emphasis on an exact copy still being unable to capture the transient emotion of their connection