Gud dog

gud dog

Frank Quitely knows how gud his art is and how to use it to make me tear up.

More people need to read We3. It's an amazing use of the medium.

At first I thought this is a gorilla with a robot head and a big dick coming out of his belly.

We3 was great, but I don't think I can read it again. There's something about sad stories with animals that just fucking destroys me

We3 was some of the saddest shit I've ever read. That poor fucking bunny.

Still, the central conceit of it was so stupid I could hardly comprehend it.

>Put animals in mech suits
>literally ??????
>profit

What the fuck was the military thinking? Were they retarded? Why not just put humans in the suits?

Well, from a military point of view, you're better off giving that kind of powerful tech or whatnot to someone that is insured to be easily manipulated as to prevent misuse of the aforementioned tech, and what best than man best friend? Also the limited psyche also help into preventing misuse.

Kind of like cybernetic K-9

But that the kind of shit that look good on paper but horribly wrong in practice.

The thing is, animals are not easily manipulated. They are dumb and unpredictable, working off impulse and sensory input we don't even share with them. A man is an easier thing to control than a cat.

>Also the limited psyche also help into preventing misuse
Also makes them utterly reliant on human handlers if anything whatsoever goes wrong, or even just to use functions it's limited psyche can't even comprehend. If this was sane reasoning we'd have dogs piloting tanks and rabbits shooting rpgs

If you've got a highly trained dog then attaching some cybernetics that make him better at doing what you normally use dogs for makes perfect sense. What doesn't make sense is grabbing a bunch of different animal types then cramming them into their own unique powersuits and have them act like soldiers. Why the fuck would you use a rabbit to begin with? They're a prey animal whose primary response to danger is to scream loudly, run, and hide.

We3 was great, but I'm still wondering why they chose to steal pets from children rather than just breeding animals and conditioning them from birth to obey the military.

We normally use dogs for sniffing out things. A human is better for virtually everything else. You even need a human to tell the dog how to sniff. There is no sense in giving a dog a mech suit to sniff better, might as well make a cyborg dog nose for a human and eliminate the need for the dog altogether

Because it needed to be sadder. What's sadder than stealing from kids?

>might as well make a cyborg dog nose for a human
Like in the Fifth Sense?

>The thing is, animals are not easily manipulated. They are dumb and unpredictable, working off impulse and sensory input we don't even share with them. A man is an easier thing to control than a cat.

Indeed, but your example fail to take into consideration the difference between the animals themselves, as some species might be very resistant to manipulation/domestication while others might be more than eager to submit themselves to a apparently stronger force as to insure its own survival. Cat is really a bad example since they are solitary being except if they are raised from birth with lot of social interaction, a more fitting species would be one that are gregarious like crows/birds or seals, or any gregarious herbivore. The only part that could be considered hard is convincing the beast that you're required to be present for its survival, which can be as simple as giving it food repeatedly.

>Also makes them utterly reliant on human handlers if anything whatsoever goes wrong

Kind of like real life, no? Ain't like a dog can do anything against a human who know how to handle his shit, and its just the same with humans soldier relying on their superior if things go fubar since they mostly act as an extension of the superior orders and will.

>even just to use functions it's limited psyche can't even comprehend. If this was sane reasoning we'd have dogs piloting tanks and rabbits shooting rpgs

The AI that control most missiles and help tank control/aiming, even intercontinental nuclear warhead, are way less complicated than the nervous system of a living being akin a dog or a rabbit. Also there is little use using a given animal within such context if there is no advantage to use it over any other species. A better exemple would be a dog being trained to run directly toward an enemy while dodging evident threats given control of a remote-controller(or not) missile. Or to play fetch except it drop bombs.

>a more fitting species would be one that are gregarious like crows
>giving the bird that hold grudges and exacts revenge against people a weaponized mech suit
Are you trying to create a monster?

>humans soldier relying on their superior if things go fubar since they mostly act as an extension of the superior orders and will.
Soldiers are expected to function independently and trained on what specifically to do in a broad variety of equipment failure scenarios, as well as in basic maintenence and operation. And hopefully they are intelligent enough to improvised should things go fubar in a way never anticipated in training.
A dog cannot be trained for any of that and literally needs a human right next to them at all times just to make sure they understand and execute their objectives without distraction or error. They're more like a piece of equipment themselves than they are like a soldier. Putting such a thing a very expensive and very lethal mech suit is ill advised at best.

Have you ever heard the story of the guy who made two flocks of crows battle to the death over fucking french fries?

>crows flying all through the sky, and I can hardly see through the clown
2spoopy

Everyone kept telling me the ending to this was soul crushing, but I'm confused. Yeah it was sad but I thought the ending was kinda hopeful you know. 2 of them made it out and found a dude who tried to care for them to the best of his abilities and they seemed happy with the way things turned out.

>If this was sane reasoning we'd have dogs piloting tanks and rabbits shooting rpgs

That sounds....AWESOME!!!

Thus why the comic exists.

Funny shit

We3 is overrated as fuck. It's really not that good.