Justice League of America: The Ray: Rebirth #1 Storytime

Other urls found in this thread:

dc.wikia.com/wiki/Silverblade_Vol_1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gay desu

Thanks, OP. Looking forward to this. Not particularly sure why I am.

You're welcome. It's a decent enough issue.

Honestly still annoyed that they made him gay.

I get wanting to be "progressive", but the decent thing they could do was bring back FF with him.

He was made gay in Multiversity already.

Yeah, but they I don't see Superman suddenly becoming Obama either

noice

And you lost me.

Given that the Freedom Fighters started out as a team from another Earth, not quite the same.

Next week is Killer Frost's Rebirth oneshot. JLA Rebirth is on the 8th of February.

This book is still monthly.

Are the laser shield homophobes going to appear in JLA or do they only exist so Ray has a villain to fight in his one solo issue

The end

>Justice 9 comic
>Alternate costume for Red Racer
AYYY

Ray has good taste in men, at least. What burly superhero is he going to bottom for?

So's the current Superman?

That's just Barry's costume

Does Ray ship Hal and Barry? [Spoiler] I hope so

dat Justice 9 cameo

They're not homophobes, they're worse. They're libertarians

I liked this issue quite a bit. I'm glad the gay bit isn't just set dressing.

It may be similar to Barry's costume, but all we have to go on is a cowl. Maybe he was inspired by the Flashes of the Multiverse to change it up a little.

I liked it
Thanks OP
This had a bit of old X-Men feeling to it, not too preachy but still relevant

I hope he's made up with his mom, she was just trying to protect him.

And no, the gay allegory doesn't work with parents when you've got explode-y superpowers.

Racer still has the same costume in Superman, I'm guessing the artist just drew Barry by accident

>Justice 9
>Red RacerxFlashlight on the cover
Nice

She was also a bitch who blamed him for his condition and said it was his fault he wasn't allowed to have friends so I can see why he wouldn't talk to her

>It's not the first time someones blown up in my face

Fag

>DID I MENTION IM GAAAAAAY

k

JLA is looking good

He only mentioned it because he's had no opportunity for a love life all this time. It's just as casual as if he were straight and said "damn I'm lonely, wish I could find a girl"

COLONIZED

He's not mentioning it for the fuck of it. Orlando's books don't work like that.

I want Apollo and Midnighter to double team him

I wonder how Priest feels about DC and Orlando making Ray a flaming faggot.

I doubt he really cares.

He's probably just glad they didn't make him a black guy

Well, I was hoping to know better about JSA characters, but fucking D-R-O-P-P-E-D. It's just like Iceman shit all over again. Well, at least, DC only does that to c-listers so they could stay that way.

You never know.

Never too late...

>Ray
>JSA character

You weren't here in the first place user.

>He was made gay in Multiversity already.
Ray was gay? No WAY bae!

Why is he gay?

Why not?

Yeah, I mean FF. Well, at least, he and his entire team were great at least once - during Infinite crisis.

He was gay in an alternate earth just how Superman is black in an alternate earth. Now they made main universe Ray gay.

This was nice.

Thinking about it, has there been any of these character Rebirth stories that have been objectively bad?

You mean one shot? No. Also JLvSS isn't terrible either which has Lobo and Frost. It's not really good though.

Yes I meant the one-shots.
The longer stories are more hit and miss for me but I can't think of any of these one-shots that I have thought were bad.

Yeah I don't think any of the one-shots were bad. I think Batgirl and the Birds of Prey was weaker because of its art and Supergirl for the whole few months thing, but they were still decent.

Yeah they're all pretty cool. Done in one stories that work as an origin stories, explains powers, motivation and sets character up for future. It's just basic Superhero storytelling done competently.

I'm talking about JLA, don't really know much about the rest of Rebirth.

Getting a bit of a Jamie McKelvie vibe from this art.

Priest doesn't have a problem with writing Jericho bi, so I think he be annoyed at most.

So the Sons of Liberty are a reference to that General Liberty (?) guy in the 90s Supes run?

Orlando's been knocking it out of the park with these one-shots...

This is like extreme child cruelty. I find it hard to buy as an origin considering it's pitched as her just bringing him up, the hospital is aware, etc.

This was a Good read

Just handwave it as government awareness like with Damage's upbringing.

This was kinda unusually stereotypical from an actual gay man? IDK. It wasn't a patch on The Atom one.

Priest said Wolfman was the first person to be nice to him when hecwas just starting in comics, interning and shut. Basically, he knows Wolfman always intended to have Jericho gay and Priest is honoring that.

He ships alternate universe Hal/Barry, cause they're canon.

I think he's just a laser shield general bigot

Or a laser shield libertarian WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE

So is she is his mom or not?

this was not very good.

What's wrong with it? I thought it was pretty good

Same

Not its really not. He's been gay for awhile now

This needs a Dan Didio of hope

No?

Multiversity was barely a year ago and not even the mainline version of him. I have no knowledge of him being gay prior to that and even in the Nu52 his series was about trying to impress his girlfriends parents.

Does Doctor Polaris still exist? He was Ray's big bad in the Priest/Porter series.

I loved how much of a fuck-up Ray was. Will they write a diversity token as a selfish fuck-up?

Polaris was in JLvSS.

>BLEACHED

I'm sure he'll make plenty of stupid decisions in his CW incarnation.

Polaris just jobbed to Cyborg in JLvSS so after the GLs beat his shit in, maybe he'll do something to the new JLA.

SILVERBLADE

dc.wikia.com/wiki/Silverblade_Vol_1

Vanity City is where Aztek lives.

Because he's gay in the CW cartoon and they need that synergy

The Sons of Liberty were Agent Liberty's team as well as a Wildstorm Freedom Fighters homage

But televisions give off artificial light

Why is there a window? A kid trapped in the house would try to get to the damn window.

Also where did he get gay magazines?

>It's not the first time someone's blown up in my face

What did he mean by this?