Story time

Ulitmates 2 #3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=smCPySvfx9I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

AH SHIT THAT SOME INBETWEENER NIGGA

Super pimp hand

I can already predict this page triggering people, for all the wrong reasons.

They replaced MAC with a barbie doll

Based Justice. Good on you for keeping the New Universe alive.

Wouldn't Order be weaker than he is typically if there aren't currently any laws or hierarchy?

Won't creating a new hierarchy empower him at the cost of weakening his brother?

Where the hell did Carol's ass go

A little something for the vorefags

I can hear that music that plays when a new angel shows up in Bayonetta

I know most people probably don't give a fuck about any of this, but as one of the 5 New Universe fans in the world that isn't named Jim Shooter, I fucking love this.

A-Adam, no!

>fighting the status quo
Galactus is a fool

Jesus Christ how horrifying

Damn I'm loving that design

>Strikland Propane

See, most of Marvel right now isn't ballsy enough to do weird shit like this anymore.

>everyone convinced this issue would open with the Tribunal coming back to life and kicking Order and Chaos's asses
>he's still dead and Order and Chaos are rising to the top of the cosmic hierarchy
lmao

Just because the rock is destined to sit at the bottom of the hill doesn't mean it's meant to be there user.

So, is Logos meant to be some sort of reconciliation remedying the fact that Lord Chaos is a fundamental living contradiction since he's part of an orderly pair, and this is how they've resigned him to being a smaller aspect of his brother Order rather than a perfect equal?

So how long before a writer Bendis just uses Order and Chaos willy nilly?

>order and Chaos are rising to the top of the cosmic hierarchy
Nah senpai, just order. He's clearly subjugated his brother.

Order's face here is the stuff of nightmares. For once I'm glad Foreman is on this book.

I can't see Bendis using them, if only because that's too "comic book" for him. Aliens and magic are one thing, but anthropomorphic personifications?

>lmao
Merged into one.

It's the new overseer. Glactus is the latest fe bringer but logos maintains order of the universe.

Remains to be seen with what happens to the others aka the stranger, watchers, clestials, death, more.

And the new ultimate universe made from multiverse universes into one.

Why does this remind me of classic Yu-Gi-Oh monsters?

ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Fuck, that's such a good design. For all of Foreman's faults, I'm glad he was on this issue instead of Rocafort. I don't think Rocafort would have pulled something like this off.

>FIRST SPHERE SERAPH: LAW
Yeah I can dig it

Has lord chaos always been a special needs deity? Or is this something that Ewing introduced.

He hasn't always, he's been plenty articulate and elegant, and was so in early or original appearances, but I doubt this has been the first time he's ever been interpreted as such and even if he has it can be handwaved with the multiverse reset.

Personally I like it, paints him sort of like Order's dopey younger brother

Some would say a social justice warrior.

The bigger order gets the more wonky and smaller chaos gets.

Oh fuck how'd I miss that

>Captain Hip
Huh, leave it to Ewing to be the only writer that remembers First Line.

I get that marvel never wanted to bring back the old order manifestions but had to with starlins book.

Theyre the same ones who died in hickmans run. Now one is 3 into one with order the dominate mind.

Still more manifestions. Death won't be touched. Clestials nearly share the same role as galan but as seeders.

Still the watchers and love and hate, stranger.

>Oh no! Not again!
The Living Tribunal's final thoughts

Fucking Order is so creepy here. I can just sense Inbetweener being creeped out by his presence as he tries to balance the two before chaos just sneak eats him.

>Good cannot exist without evil
What does that even mean?

>And you have murdered it again!

That line fucking kills me. Specially alongside Galactus' "are you fucking serious???" face.

You wouldn't be able to describe what constitutes "good" if you didn't know the opposite of it.

Is this a Bayonetta reference?

This is some anime level bullshit right here and I love it.

PRAISE AND ADORE HIM

Notice how it has 3 faces just like the Living Tribunal.

Fuck what a great design.

The art is all over the place and the coloring is horrible, but the designs are top notch.

This shit is pretty good.

>Seriously, bro?

OK now I'm triggered.

>Logos (UK /ˈloʊɡɒs, ˈlɒɡɒs/, US /ˈloʊɡoʊs/; Ancient Greek: λόγος, from λέγω lego "I say") is an important term in western philosophy, psychology, rhetoric, and religion. It is a Greek word meaning "ground", "plea", "opinion", "expectation", "word", "speech", "account", "reason", "discourse",[1][2] but it became a technical term in philosophy beginning with Heraclitus (c. 535–475 BCE), who used the term for a principle of order and knowledge.[3] Logos is the logic behind an argument.[4] Logos tries to persuade an audience using logical arguments and supportive evidence. Logos is a persuasive technique often used in writing and rhetoric.

>Ancient Greek philosophers used the term in different ways. The sophists used the term to mean discourse, and Aristotle applied the term to refer to "reasoned discourse"[5] or "the argument" in the field of rhetoric.[6] The Stoic philosophers identified the term with the divine animating principle pervading the Universe. Under Hellenistic Judaism, Philo (c. 20 BCE – 50 CE) adopted the term into Jewish philosophy.[7] The Gospel of John identifies the Logos, through which all things are made, as divine (theos),[8] and further identifies Jesus Christ as the incarnate Logos. Although the term "Logos" is widely used in this Christian sense, in academic circles it often refers to the various ancient Greek uses, or to post-Christian uses within contemporary philosophy, Sufism, and the analytical psychology of Carl Jung.

DEEPEST LORE

>Theyre the same ones who died in hickmans run
Did you miss the part where literally everyone and everything died in Hickman's run? That was the whole point. EVERYTHING DIED. They all got brought back when Reed recreated the multiverse. The only one who didn't get brought back was the Living Tribunal because that was beyond the scope of God Reed's powers, hence why The One Above All had to turn Adam Warlock into the new Living Tribunal. Not that that lasted very long evidently.

I thought everybody knows that from the first passages of the gospel of John.

Goodbye Adam Warlock. You died how you lived. Being largely irrelevant outside of Starlin's comics.

And the shaper of worlds because fuck him

top 10 anime designs

>Strikland Propane
>Captain Hip
Bless Ewing, that absolutely madman!

And suddenly, Master Order/Lord Chaos become the final boss to an SMT game.

Strickland propane, baby.

It's Warlock, he'll be back in 3 days or whatever.

Notice how Tribunal was comprised of an uncovered, covered, and partially covered face, however whenever he appeared the reader always saw the uncovered face depicted as the main one?

Notice how Logos is comprised of Order, Chaos, and the in-between, but Order is clearly in control?

God damn any chance of an Ultimates storytime? I have been wanting to read this shit for a while

Damn nice, I'm glad Ewing is in this book.

Too bad the roster is filled with fucking mongoloids like Carol and Chavez.

>implying that will be their final form

Not everything. The shaper didn't nor the living tribunal.

Point is i don't think marvel wanted to restore the old concepts. They're very much outdated.

Galactus was switched to life bringing, in a expanding universe like ours. Logos bring order to the universe, science or nature says the universe has laws of order. With a hint of chaos or in between.

Another thing this helps in the upcoming war, a more orderly universe and more life brought into the universe by galan can fight the unseen foe.

Nah, this is just clearing the way for Him to return to the comics next year.

Oh Lordy. That ain't good.
But it's not boring.

Why didn't Order just get babby Galactus to be the devourer instead?

youtube.com/watch?v=smCPySvfx9I

Wat? His daughter don't exist.

The cosmic order is malleable for now.

Isn't this one of the final bosses in Shin Megami Tensei IV?

>A hero of justice!
This doesn't sound like what original NU Justice ended up being about at all.

Because galactus would still be going against the status quo. Also because order doesn't give a shit about order, he's just scared that as a lifebringer galactus is now more powerful than him.

Because she doesn't exist.

Brevoort himself has stated she isn't canon, regardless of the fact her comic technically doesn't contradict 616 at all.

some user said a really cool conclusion to big G's life bringer storyline would be if he bestowed the seeder of worlds title on her, to save her from the fate of being devourer he's been fighting against forever and willingly take it back upon himself

But here's the thing, he browses comic book forums that stroke his ego. All it takes is him seeing one thread gushing about the time Galactus going Mike Tyson on their ass to make him want to recreate that.

I never thought someone would show Stardust levels of loyalty to Galactus again. So pure.

She's not cannon idiot.

However, this is a good time to change that.

Conner is a friend, Stardust is a religious zealots and ideological slave

Wondered what was triggering me about this problematic artwork. He's tracing from poser or something isn't he?

>He's tracing from poser or something isn't he?
No. This is all hand-drawn with digital coloring.

Fucking baller
10/10 design

>Foreman using Poser
Fuck no. I'm not sure where you get that impression from at all.

And thus marks the end of the abstract, esoteric design choices of cosmic Marvel. Now we watch as Ewing ushers in a new lavish, mythology driven aesthetic for cosmic books. I give it 2 years before we go full EVA/SMT

>I give it 2 years before we go full EVA/SMT
I for one welcome our new JRPG/Anime overlords.

Why is he ruining that great artwork with shitty coloring? He should let someone else do the colors.

I guess. The other realities still have their own versions of order and chaos and inbetweener. Until maker merges them all.