She could have hit the rock, but she did not

she could have hit the rock, but she did not..

wow.. so this.. is the power.. of mary sue.

I thought this was just a reference to the first movie when kylo swings his sword at her neck when he force freezes her

Why do you care so much about children's entertainment?

What does your wife think about this gay obsession?

i think you're missing the point.

she now has so much control over the force, she can choose whether to hit an inanimate object or not. she can do it with the rock, and presumably other things. maybe a cactus even.

>Marey sue and Chewie are given knowledge of on which planet Luke is hiding out
>it doesn't take them weeks or even years to locate where Luke is because a planet is freaking huge
This is fucking retarded. It'd be like asking someone to find someone while just telling him "he lives on Earth xD!". In reality episode VIII should've been Marey and Chewie flying from island to island trying to find Luke.

>What does your wife think
wife? lol dude jerks off, 100% virgin

This is a really dumb fucking scene.

or maybe, if you're practicing precision with a lightsaber, an object such as a cliff is the only thing you can practice on, you dumb cunt. Especially when you're on some lone island.

>bad goy. don't criticize star wars. bad bad bad goy!

It's played in reverse in the trailer. It's pretty fucking obvious.

And why would you want precision with a lightsaber to do that and stop near an object?

I think it would be more useful to learn to reject blast, the defense movements, etc. like Luke did

>And why would you want precision with a lightsaber

I stopped reading there.

ah, I see you know the mark of a true fighter.all the great warriors have mastered stopping short of hitting a wall. my master practiced me brutally on a wall such as that one.

Daps

Yeah and that is because you didn't understand what I said. Precision to stop near objects I said. You need precision to do the defense/attack movements. But tell me why do you need that movement in a fight? To scare someone who thinks you are going to cut him and then stop near his neck?

Gee I wonder how Rey found Luke

The saber looks like a toy. The effects in ESB are 5000000000 times better

the mark of any good swordsman is precision, instead of just swingin and bashing the sword as hard as you can, hitting walls'n'shit.

okay. in this scene, your motivation is you don't want to hit the rock. the audience thinks your'e gonna hit it - they think you're just some joe off the street who hits rocks because he doesn't have pinpoint precision. maybe you will hit it! but you don't. you stop short, just short, of hitting the rock. we're gonna blow their socks off with this scene. ACTION

so you do need precision, you say?
And she was practicising exactly that - precision.
What's the problem?

So - if instead of stoping at that exact point by the rock, there was no rock, but a laser blast firing at her at that point and she had to hit it, you'd be fine with that scene? But since she's practicing precision without Skywalker shooting at her all day, like some edgelords, then somehow that's dumb? No, you're dumb as fuck.

>an inanimate object

I think the rock is scared in this scene. I think the rock doesn't want to get hit. It adds some dramatic tension to a normally mundane training sequence. We probably find out the rock is an alien that has been cheating orphans of their daily bread.

>she beats a trained villain in a lightsaber duel on the first time she grabbed that weapon
>now she's getting lightsaber lessons
A movie made by retards for retards

The rock is actually an alien with stealth/camouflage powers and the reveal is that she found the alien that was hiding by using the force.

so she is training to reject blast imaging them?

gooood

>tons of movies where people do the turn around with heavy ass swords and stop right before the blade hits someones neck
>A lightsaber is somehow impossible yet only weighing like one kilo

>so she is training to reject blast imaging them?
Dear god. No, she's not training that.

She
is
training
precision.

I cannot simplify this sentence further for you.
I've been explaining this to you from the start
She is training precision.

It shows she's a pacifist. She rejects hitting the rock. Luke would hit the rock because he is a chauvinist. In fact, Luke ordered her to hit the rock and this is where she rejects his teaching. She will not harm mother earth.

Rey is shit, wth some hours of training she can break rocks.

She did all the jedi tricks without any training. She defeated a well trained force user without training...

By the third movie I think she can destroy star destroyers with the force..

That movement is retarded dude, don't try to defend it.

You really are properly stupid. Ok, lets examine your brain.
How would you have someone train lightsaber precision?

like Luke diiiiiid with aproppiate jedi training equipment

Sure wish I had the type of control that comes with stopping a swing before hitting a cliff wall :(

>She did all the jedi tricks without any training.
her force lightning and moving large objects with the force was amazing!

except the jedi order is gone and she's landed on some island somewhere.
>well Luke should have carried the school-kit with him at all times
This is why I am calling you dumb. I'm not trying to offend. You are just objectively below average smart.

You're all fucking retarded. Its clear Luke had been practicing his swordplay in that spot, and has likely cut the rock more and more over time. Rey is mimicking his routine. You know how in kung fu movies the student does a move, and then the master does it right beside him in the next shot? Its like that. Rey's practice has paid off and shes able to stop just short of where Luke had cut the rock, likely due to him losing his edge.

>tfw you get kicked out of the jedi academy because you kept hitting the rocks

IT GETS EVERYWHERE

>Blade that weighs nothing
>If it grazes your arm it will chop it off
>What the fuck guys? A woman is learning to control a lightsaber swing? We didnt vote for Trump for this

>She defeated a well trained force user without training...
she had demonstrated proficient use of her staff and the ability to defend herself.
kylo ren was injured and unfocused and was not trying to defeat her, he was intrigued by her, hence him offering to train her mid fight reeeeeeeee
Her form with the light saber was sloppy against ren and this clip shows how much her form and control with the saber have improved.

forcel ightning is a jedi power now?

can't luke have a blast or launch her things with the force and she reject them or cut them

no, instead the exercise in like this: "Ok, come here Mary Rey Sue, I would teach you how do you swing your lightsaber and stop in the last second and not hit the objective. This is very useful when you have to scare someone that you are going to cut him but at the end you spare his life."

But why does that shot look so terrible in motion?
Did they make her hold the lightsaber prop close to the rock, then she swings away from it and they reversed it in post?

>she had demonstrated proficient use of her staff
hahahahahahhahaha fighting with a stick against two common thiefs is the same as fighting with a lightsaber hahaha

>Blade that weighs nothing
No.
>If it grazes your arm it will chop it off
No.

>No.
It practically weighs nothing it's extremely light.
>No.
Yes.

That's retarded though. The force can be a plot element but not a fucking deus-ex each time either.

Guys, you are all wrong. The director's intent was that she hit the rock but when it came time to shoot, Daisy refused. We fixed this in post. Now she hits the rock. It's great.

But it clearly looks like she hit it multiple times already

Just like this other moment in the trailer.

Look at her expresion. What the fuck is she trying to express with that face?

It isn't like the first time she activate the lightsaber. It isn't something new to her, so why the shocked face...

>Rey's practice
lol you just know this is her first time and she nails it

Can you imagine the control behind that move? For the uninitiated, it would be like throwing a rock... and then deciding not to. Two words: Women. Rock.

>What the fuck is she trying to express with that face?
"It's very sunny"

I have a mighty need for more Nerd Crew.

having a vision?

He meant Emerald Lightning.

She can't act bro literally, like jlaw and stone

For years, women have struggled with the sexist stereotype that women are only good for hitting rocks. It's about time somebody made a role model for little girls that shows that women can also not hit rocks.

>star wars without george lucas

>'uhh we scanned the planet and it showed a humanoid life form at this spot'
do you feel stupid now?

Screaming because I have been practicing with my dad's golf club and I hit the rock every time. It's not possible.

RAT FACE

I know that's how you and the studio thought it would be interpreted, but no. That's still way too much of a stretch. She would still stand no chance against a trained force user, let alone a Skywalker.
You also forget you had her win a battle of wills against Kylo, when she was being interrogated.

You faggots fucked this up because whoever was calling this had a shallow knowledge and appreciation for Star Wars lore and thought this was plausible.
Inb4
>you just hate women
Not at all. I wept real tears at the season 2 finale of Rebels. Ahsoka Tano is a beloved character among us nerds. But, guess what? She had character development. That's why her arc meant something. That's why we could accept her being a total badass.
I say again, you guys fucked up, and trying to control the narrative among fans isn't going to solve the problem. You fucked the fans. Your future success is in the hands of normies - maybe they'll help you get away with it, but I doubt it in the long run.

Soulless expresion and scene.

(####]:::::::::::::::::::) ROCK

they're, like, less than an inch away.

>ships in the future can scan entire planets for lifeforms
Then they should've just sent out drones like in ESB to search out Luke in every uninhabitated planet of the universe.

"cool"

Aaaand CUT! Nice job, great expression there Daisy. That's exactly what we where after.

>Can I fit this in?

Is anyone else feeling sleepy? I'm feeling *really* sleepy.
I think we should all just stop criticizing Star Wars and go have a nice nap.

Yeah, but a cliff ain't a cactus, bub.
What if she comes up against some kind of evil cactus?
What then smart guy?

if an evil cactus came up to her she could swing at a rock, not hit it, then give the cactus a really scorching look as if to say 'don't try me, bub!' then he could scamper off. hope that's in the movie.

is this just coincidence or are they consciously separating the cloudy "white" side from the darker sky with the lightsaber in that shot and Rey is basically standing on the dark side

>a movie for small kids
>hur dur mary sue
Is there a board more full of manchildren than Sup Forums? I would say Sup Forums, but at lest those people know that if they play games at 20 then are losers, you p[people lack any form of self awareness.

kids deserve better

>Look at me, I'm different I swear.

Different? Most adults know those movies are made for kids, just leave your room and look at the shelves in any shop full of Star Wars toys.
Yet you fucks pretend you are watching a movie version of Macbeth.
Get real, nobody cares about the plot in those movies, its made to sell toys and entertain your children for an afternoon.

Just how fucked is The Last Jedi going to be?

Rey was trying to hit the rock but due to the close proximity to the force tree the rock had enough force power to create a shield that resisted her strike. Luke was using it as an exercise to demonstrate that every living and nonliving thing is connected to the force, maybe even cacti

i don't think you can progress from rocks directly to cacti. too big a stretch of the imagination. they'd lose the audience. you'd also lose out on a lot of merch. such as training shrubs, training grass, training potholes, the whole jedi training repertoire.

Cacti don't need the force to protect themselves. They're the Han Solo of nature.
>hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good spine growing out of your side, kid

>sure its poorly written
>b-b-but its for kids

shut the fuck up you faggot. You know damn well Star Wars has the older audience as well.

"Daisy Ridley is charismatic as fuck!" - Not Mike

imagine rei about to step into a training puddle but then, looking defiantly into the camera, she doesn't. that is what i want from star wars. i want to see that.

>kids are retards who like to eat turds

I didn't even watch the trailer, laughing at you manchildren, caring about movies for little kids at this age. Truly sad and pathetic

actually the whole planet is a giant force field, and you cant break anything on it.

In this scene, Rey looks like she stops precisely before hitting the rock, but what we don't see is she manages to push through the layers of force field but still not enough to break the last one. It's quite an achievement since Luke himself cant even pick up a single stone on this planet.

yes. these losers come onto Sup Forums to discuss babby's first star wars when they could be discussing orange is the new black. i bet these turds couldn't even not hit a rock.

>By the numbers trailer scenes. Thank God I have the entire EU to enjoy and fuck the mouse.

Why isn't her lightsaber black?

>Ahsoka Tano is a beloved character among us nerds.
She's fapbait for a very small minority of Star Wars fans.

Are the new Star Wars films proof that My Immortal could get the film treatment?

the problem it's a dumbass scene\still stop defending everything

calm down nerd