Amazing Spiderman #23 Storytime

Amazing Spiderman #23 Storytime

So Jackal created a dome with some 1960s suburb? That's what he considers paradise?

>We're bringing Gene Wilder back
Yes Slott, it's too soon

Huh, so Ned Leeds isn't the Hobgoblin, must be Macendale then.
I wonder if he'll survive the event and suddenly become fat and nerdy.

Looks comfy.

So this takes place DURING Clone Conspiracy #4, for anyone wondering. Unlike the other previous ASM tie ins, which take place in between each CC issue.

Can't be Macendale because Jack O Lantern is there too.

Probably Daniel Kingsley then

Could be Kingsley's little brother that Phil killed during Big Time.

Jack died way too many times. Or Hob could be the original's brother. I dunno. The goblins are like used condoms.

>I'm used to the bad guys coming back
>Friends, loves ones...they NEVER come back
>It's...it's wrong
So meta

I don't get it.

>I am NOT a clone!

Said every clone ever.

#clonelivesmatter

>You died hating me
>No, I always loved you. Even then. I died felling betrayed.
I admit, that hit me right in the feels

that's what a clone would say

Hey speaking of betrayal, what was the deal with Norman Osborn, oh wait Slott's too much of a coward to bring that up.

I thought Green Goblin doesn't know Peter's identity, why would he even go for Gwen in the first place?? Man fuck OMD.

>You won't let yourself be happy because Spider-Man can't be happy
No, Mephisto won't let Spider-Man be happy.

Or Lefty Donovan. Juzt that the disc on his chest was a Ned Hobgoblin thing.

>Betrayed

WHAT ABOUT YOUR GOBLIN BABIES GWEN

WHAT ABOUT THEM?

Dr. Strange's spell erased knowledge of Peter's identity from everyone, but it's still canon that Norman once knew.

Let's face it, it's for the best that we just pretend that never happened.

We can't though, Gabriel Stacy is still canon post-OMD.

Is this whole issue just them talking? Because I'll probably check out.

He literally made a deal with Franz that they won't bring it up.

Hey Gwen, hey...

Sins past

Yeah no shit. Why isn't Pete all, "You slept with Norman? NORMAN?!"

Insufficient evidence.

I'm sorry, i stopped reading Spider-Man after OMD happened and only returned from time to time for a couple of major events.
So whatever Mephisto did, it wasn't really a retcon of all the previous events? Just a memory wipe?

That's a really shitty looking Lizard.

Now you have clone cooties, peter.

It's a retcon AND a memory wipe.

Yes, really.

The only thing Mephisto touched was the marriage itself (they just lived together) in exchange for making Aunt May well again.

Mephisto erased the marriage.
After that, Peter had Dr. Strange cast a spell that made everyone on Earth forget who his secret ID except for himself, MJ and Kaine. But it only altered memories, people who knew his secret ID before used to know it, and some like Norman Osborn and the FF noticed that something was weird.

It's my headcanon that he's recoiling because he knows Gwen's sucked goblin dick.

Does Peter or even MJ remember the Mephisto deal?

It changed the events of the wedding day. Everything else stayed the same. Even Peter and MJ living together. The catch? They weren't married, just pretending to be while living together. MJ's line of thinking was that the day they agreed to have babies would be the day they would marry and until then they could play pretend.

>Does Peter or even MJ remember the Mephisto deal?
Nope, Quesada even claimed at one point that not even Mephisto remembers because MJ "outsmarted him", but later writers have shown that Mephisto remembers and loves seeing Peter suffer.

Wait, Mirage died again?

Quesadila said that, since her condition was that he never get involved with Peter's life, they retconned Mephisto out of it.

Again, yes, really.

This. Also if Gwen lives so Slott can hook her up with Pete then marvel can truly burn in hell.

>Filthy goblin slut talking of betrayal.

The nerve of this girl

Venom next?

Yeah, he died in Superior Foes, remember?

And then Otto fucked it all up.

>Posting images during a storytime

The nerve of this user

And like I said, later writers have ignored it. In Spider-Man/Deadpool, Mephisto taunts Peter over how he's made it so his life will always be missing something that he'll never know and he'll never be truly happy.

I though it was a gag push.

Thanks, OP. So Newsarama were full of it when they said she wasn't a clone.

It's a single issue dump, no problem.

She's not, in the way Slott and the story has been saying that none of them are clones.

But yeah, they're all clones.

SINS PAST
I
N
S

P
A
S
T

Slott always lie.

A gag push that resulted in Mirage's neck snapping when he hit the ground.

>implying psych majors know anything more useful

Oh right, if the alarm causes all the clones to rapidly degenerate, then whichever Miles Warren doesn't degenerate is the real Jackal and he'll know it.

>"...he knocked me out and webbed me up"
>read that too fast
>read it as "webbed me and knocked me up"
lew wad

....so she wasn't told Jackal wasn't Miles Warren and just figured it out.... and apparently knows who "Ben Reilly" is?

How the fuck would she even know the name "Ben Reilly", if Ben didn't tell her himself?

Yeah, what was that about not being a clone anymore?

christ why

Because she probably confronted him about it and Ben fessed up.

>heck it's almost nostalgic
i bet slott thinks she's so clever because gwen is also sorta addressing the readers

It's still bugging me which Mysterio that is. It can't be Beck.

>a decade has passed and spider-tards still don't understand what the word "seduction" means

>these villains randomly begin to fight spider
>gwen and dadstacy begin to break down randomly
wheres the buildup? wheres the tension? wheres the narrative flow? where slott? where?

And... it's OTTO time.

There was literally no seduction involved. She literally walked in, yelled at Osborn for being a cunt, then they fucked.

And she got knocked up

That's not what she says, though. She says she was NOT told and just figured it out on her own.

Its Daniel Berkhart.

There's the mutant and Daniel Berkhart.

STILTMAN
LIVES!!!

Looks like paradise to me. Except for the supervillains that is.

TWINS THEY WERE

Miring that functional core.

It's very hypocrit Gwen say "I forgive you" and never mention she was Norman'd.

It's not canon.

>It's not canon.

Except for the whole part where it is and the twins have shown up in post OMD comics and all.