OTP thread

BM/WW shippers BTFO.

Jean is worst girl

Nah, she's just 2nd best.

Hell yeah

>that slow creeping smile on Selina

CUTE

Bruce and Selina are perfect for each other. Shame it never works out between them in the end. Their relationship will always be a cat and mouse type.

>Bruce actually smiling
CUTER

Don't you mean Cat and Bat?

> Anti bat/cat shipper BTFO
> anons saying the change for Selina being a mass murderer was better BTFO

What a glorious month it has been. The rise and fall of these people has been great!

Only brain dead idiots didn't think itvwas a fakeout.

It is really hilarious though cause there were even people going so far as to say Batman was wrong about her not doing it.

It's okay, WW will always pick the superior male anyway

>these people exist

>Ships where the woman wears the pants, and she's protective of him, while the guy worships the ground she walks on.

Why do I love this ships so much?

>Also see: Sue and Ralph Dibney.

Thank you OP! I ship Batman and Cat Woman exclusively. Fuck off Wonder Woman, Batman is the sole property of Selina Kyle.

good supes and wondy are better

pic not related to DC but i want it on marvel

Supes/WW is an awful ship but is still better than Batman/WW

I'm a BatCat shipper and i'm fucking hating the current run.

Catwoman isn't supposed to be a mirror of Batman. She isn't a depressed person that decided that live only for the mask as a coping mechanism to escape her tormented existence.

Catwoman's have her issues, yes, but she never had time to deal on depression because she had to fence for herself and and those she love. That's why she's ultimately someone who's out to try and enjoy her life to the fullest, even if she has to take by that which the world has denied her and people like her. Specially so.

So she isn't a depressed sob that is there to reaffirm all of Batman's issues and beliefs, to the contrary. She's someone that constantly challenge his beliefs and world view. She manage to make Batman to step out of his comfort zone, to better understand the nuances in situations, the conflicting emotions he long thought buried, to question his life codes and plans, to hope for more.

Tom King's Catwoman is just a Batman with titties that. Someone who feels like he does about things and believes the same things. She doesn't challenge him. She just reaffirm he already thought his entire life.

The fact that the main basis for them to stick together is because one is able to fuck the depression of the other away is also terrible. What a great basis for romance.

Nah, fuck this interpretation. I want Ed Brubaker back.

No, user. No it isn't.

One was never written well and change both characters fundamentally for the worse.
The other the few times it happened was well written and kept the characters real to themselves.

Not to mention that SM/WW is pure male power fantasy, while BM/WW is more romantic in nature.

Still prefer BM/CW, though, but come on. Everything is better than SM/WW.

I liked it in JL Action desu

Best pairing. It has the perfect good guy/bad girl dynamic and they just work so well together.

I agree, not to mention BM/WW hasn't been as frequent in the comics as SM/WW (which, every time it's come up, has been written terribly)

>good supes and wondy are better

Tell me a good story with them.

Where the episode constantly bashed Lois and Steve to vindicate the pairing, Wonder Woman fawned over Superman like a fool, Superman was almost killed by Wonder Woman incompetence?

Or are the little bits here and there where Superman is either annoyed by Wonder Woman always showing up to lend a help despite him not needing or is either worried that she wants to see enemies hurt badly or dead?
Wonder Woman despite looking sexy as hell in JL Action is a terrible character who's violent and incompetent. I have lost count of how many times she has tangled herself with her own lasso and needed the guys' help to get out. The superior waifu in JL Action is Zatanna.

Fuck Sup Forums for hating this pairing, it's cute damn it!

Yeah

You must be a Superman fan, then, because Wonder Woman hasn't been a good character in JL Action.

Still, i don't know you, but I'd rather have Lois in the cartoon.

>king is writing them as perfect because they can fuck the pain away.
>Catwoman is just a mirrior and not her own person
I dont mind BatCat but its so stale nowadays. Catwoman is always the support and King just made it worse.

It's a pairing ruined by stupid retcons and the characters never moving forward, just being awful persons to each other.

It could have been cute and great, but DC got could feet and ruined it.

I just can't get into Batman/Catwoman. I've tried, but literally every other Batman ship appeals to me more.

I don't know why. Maybe it's just that I find the character of Catwoman annoying.

Considering how much of a slut Jean is and a cunt to Scott, I'm surprised anyone even still likes her

I blame DC. Every time Batman start to understand and have faith in Catwoman and Catwoman start to bring Batman's more human side out more DC goes and put a stop to it. Something stupid happen where Batman loses his trust and faith in Catwoman or Catwoman gets mad about some scheme Batman pulled.

>calling out a ship that hasn't had any meaningful, authoritative force behind it in over a decade

Agree, agree, agree and they will be endgame even if Sup Forums hates it.

>Sue and Ralph Dibney

Can't think of them without thinking of pic related. They didn't deserve all that shit they went through.

nobody deserved Identity Crisis

This one needs to happen.

>calling yourself spider-gwen

THAT IS NOT HOW A SECRET IDENTITY WORKS

Best ship desu

Never give up

You and me against the world, user.
You and me against the world.

I swear there used to.be plenty of people for it, until it became canon in N52.

This picture instantly reminded me of "No way, fag"

Because before it was mostly sidelined to terrible Elseworlds. There were some stories here and there in the main canon, but most of them mere teases to make Superman look an awesome faithful husband to Lois.
Then N52 happened and it became awful and obnoxious in the main canon as well.

I honestly don't see why people like SM/WW pairing. Usually people like a pairing because they like the characters and their chemistry, but 90% of the stories focusing SM/WW show either one or both characters as terrible people and their chemistry is always antagonistic as fuck.

Please, explain to me the appeal.

Even Bendis?

Only good gay ship

Literally Batman and Superman with some diferences.

And by this I mean literally this iteration of them.

Every other time someone tries to do a Harley and Ivy ship afterwards either ends up making them far too lovey dovey and romantic and/or completely makes them totally devoted to one another and perfect.

Their dynamic in BTAS is so interesting because Ivy is Harley's straightman. She's got a plan and she wants to stick to it, while Harley is wacky and screws up sometimes. They work because there's disfunction. Ivy will get mad and berate or even abandon Harley, or Harley will get petty and sabatage everything. They feel like two VILLAINS getting together and not two lesbians who happen to be villains.

I can barely think of other iterations of them that have such good chemistry.

Blander Superman and edgier Batman.

This always brings up a question for me.

In a world where super heroes exist, are comic books basically like illustrated news articles of real events?

OR are they fanfiction written about real life people, like if people, en masse started drawing comics of war heroes or celebrities.

>completely makes them totally devoted to one another

But what's wrong with that?. Even in the comic that you posted they are devoted to one another, that's friendship. Agree with your other points tho

This, this is the version of them I liked, the comics have made me hate this ship but I loved them in BTAS.

I like it more than Zatanna and Batman

Even Sirens?

>talia fucking jason
>nightwing fucking catwoman
>bruce and barbara

Those are the ones off the top of my head, but I know there are more. Why is the Bat family so full of sloppy seconds? The only one who has stayed away from that shit is based Alfred.

I mean completely. In that Ivy won't even question or turn down Harley's ideas anymore. She basically just goes along with everything she says and makes a point to be like "No matter what you do I'll support you. I'll be there for you"

Ivy's just not that kinda person in most previous iterations. She's a bit of a loner with a few exceptions. Not a doting girlfriend who will go to the ends of the earth just to make you smile.

Alfred kissed Batgirl in the old series.

Nightwing never fucked Catwoman though, in the comics he rejected her and in the cartoon he was manipulating her.
Everyone else in the family is a degenerate though.

I've not read Sirens, is their relationship good in it?
I was basing it on their current relationship in the comics right now, where Ivy is okay with being cucked because she loves Harley and it all feels really one sided

>talia fucking jason

That gets me every time. What the fuck was Winnick thinking? This woman who is supposed to be head over heels in love with Bruce just fucks his surrogate son? Is that shit even canon anymore or was it retconned? The whole incident is never mentioned again.

Both.

They've been shown to tell stories that have actually happened in parallel universes and they've been weird sorta fanfiction of in universe heroes.

Oh yeah, I see it

Sirens is THE shit, man. Their relantionship there is like BTAS, Hell their relationship during Pre-Flashpoint was basically like the show

there was speculation at one time they intended to retcon damian into being talia and jasons child

She wanted to manipulate Jason to set him against Batman for revenge.

Since Jason always had mommy issues and has historically been manipulated by mother figures Judd Winick thought it would be POTTERY. Basically, symbolically Batman became like his shitty distant biological father and Talia his manipulative biological mother.

Probably retconned. The whole manner of his resurrection is different than what was shown pre-Flashpoint. She still has a hand in putting him in the Pit, but it's his body, not his brain dead self.

Talia was also fucking her bodyguards on the reg in that book. I bet O'Neil burst a fucking blood vessel reading that.

Just think of this instead. Having happy ghostly detective adventures, instead.

>Still makes me angry and sad.
>When Ralph is saying to someone how much he loves his wife, she's getting murdered.

The Trinity are always best when it's Batman/Catwoman, Superman/Lois Lane, and Wonder Woman/Steve Trevor

>Batman/Catwoman

Eh...

>The whole manner of his resurrection is different than what was shown pre-Flashpoint.

Not in the first RHatO series, no.

Jasin says that he was brought back for some odd reason before being dipped in the Lazarus pit by Talia. That's why Ducra accepts him as her pupil. She thinks he was brought back by fate for some special reason and is curious to find out what it is by guiding him.

Isn't Steve either sexist and chauvinist or bland and Batman-lite?

Yes

Ah, right. I was going off the Rebirth series.

Also
Hawkeye/Nat/Jess/Bobbi
DualscarMindfang
DannyMisty
ColossusAngeldust
ScottEmma
Katana/Rick Flagg(blame the movie)
MakoAsami(boring people deserve each other)
KillerFrost/King Shark
Dick/Anyone thats not Babs

>Dick/Anyone thats not Babs

This, I can ship him with literally everyone except her

And Tom King ruins my ship.

agreed

Loeb did it better.

Bitch, Please.

What were the best BatCat writers?

Jeph Loeb, Ed Brubaker, Paul Dini... who else?

Don't deny it, user

Miller did alright

Eh... i don't like prostitute Catwoman that much.

Hell yes.

Bruce

Sorry, but i hate Frank Miller's fucked up universe where Batman tamed Catwoman and she was later a old hag beaten bloodily by the Joker in Wonder Woman's get up.

I like to think she was a domme

W-we'll get it one day right?

I also miss the days where you could have a sex scene that was heavily shaded in a comic book

Does Sinestro count as a poor life decision?

>Hal
I kek'd, than got sad cause its true.

being besties with space hitler isn't a nobel peace prize winner

BatCat and SM/WW fear the samur- i mean, Wonderbat!

But seriously, i don't know you guys worry so much about a ship that lived and died with the DCAU. DC will always promote SM/WW and BatCat for marketing reasons, since both couples share enough superficial similarities to make things easy and appealing.

I even doubt that Batman and Wonder Woman relationship will amount to anything more than friendship in the DCEU movies, what with the upcoming Gotham City Sirens movie and all.

Levitz?

I thought Batfleck and WonderGabot had some interesting chemistry. I don't my NuBruce and NuDiana getting it on. Just have a E2 book with a a happy Bat/Cat couple.

Doug Moench, Darwyn Cooke, Alan Brennert, Len Wein... Geneveive Valentine also nailed their interactions really well in the few pages they were together in her run.

In Astro city one of the villians got pissed because he's a snake man. But before he was a snake man he was a black guy and the latest comic "based on a true story" had him as a klansmen.

After the editor got called out by the hero and beaten up by the snake guy he went fine cosmic villians only.

With predictable results