All he wanted was to run a scary carnival

All he wanted was to run a scary carnival.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We're_Back!_A_Dinosaur's_Story_(book)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Was this from some movie about dinosaurs? It's jerking a memory but I'm not sure what to make of it.

Yeah the movie was unnecessarily cruel to him. At the worst he was a jerk who exploited the kids and the dinosaurs, and at best he ran a completely legitimate business that employed people and was fairly popular.

He definitely didn't deserve to die, at least.

I wish they had kept that deleted scene in the movie where it shows how he got his screw eye.

>die
Didn't he disappear in a flock of crows?

:l

I don't care about the kids not liking it there or the clown not getting to do his act because it's not that kind of circus

Turning the intelligent dinosaurs into mindless animals was going too far

Was he a Juggalo? Also, he took away the free will of sentient beings and made them slaves

Gotta admit, that was one of the most creative (and spookiest) ways to kill off a villain.

>Also, he took away the free will of sentient beings and made them slaves
Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.

Wasn't that because the stupid kids made a deal with him?

Besides you saw his normal workers acting perfectly fine.

He gave kids drugs and did experiments on them.
And he was perfectly fine with dinosaurs killing his audience.

Your words are as empty as your soul! Mankind ill needs a savior such as you!

>that gasp

It was unnatural for the dinosaurs to be given sapience anyway.

Yep.

"We're Back! A Dinosaur Story". His brother went back in time and fed super-science cereal to dinosaurs and made them cartoony and sapient and capable of speech, then brought them to 1990s New York City.

This screw-eye dude used his super-science pills to turn them back into monsters for his scary zoo.

Imagine if Walter Cronkite fucked up on that.

He goes back in time and gives sentience to a tyrannosaurus, but it's either evil or an asshole and proceeds to Jurassic World the whole place, eats the fledgling human race, and Planet of the Apes the other tyrannosaurus on earth with Brain Grain , giving them literally millions of years of a head start as well as a time machine.

For years after watching the movie as a kid, I was under the impression he'd tricked the kids into joining his circus. Then I rewatched it as an adult and was surprised to see that they approach him asking him to hire them, and he tries to tell them off several times before caving in. And not even in a cunning reverse psychology way. He straight up warns them "you don't know what you're getting yourselves into, this is no place for kids like you, please go back to your loving families" and they're like "no let us join your circus" and that's when he makes the pretty reasonable request that if they join, they have to sign on with a contract.

It's also pretty unfair that the movie treats his business as evil and cruel when he was pretty much just running a circus themed haunted house for guests seeking that form of entertainment. It's like the people making the movie don't like fun.

>tyrannosaurus eats the fledgling human race

...They, uh, didn't occupy the same time period. At all.

Are you saying that Flinstones is wrong?

Universal Studios Hollywood still has this movie as part of the in-line information blurbs for the backlot tour.

Yes.

This. Screweye did nothing wrong.

This was the weirdest fucking movie.

>Professor Neweyes and his Jay Leno sidekick give dinosaurs brain-growing cereal in order to civilize them so they can bring them to the future because the Professor's wish-listening machine determines that a shitload of kids want to see real live dinosaurs
>Professor dumps the dinosaurs in the middle of NYC without warning anyone except a museum operator voiced by Julia Child and doesn't even tell them how to meet the museum operator, leading to the dinosaurs causing a panic
>Kid Tough and Lisa Simpson end up running away with the dinosaurs for some reason
>the dinosaurs roll back the rock to the dawn of time and people don't panic about a living, singing parade balloon until it's revealed it's actually a dinosaur that looks identical to the living, singing parade balloon they just saw
>evil guy wants to scare people, that in itself is evil
>Martin Short clown lists off a bunch of not funny things including a mermaid cousin and her normal brother and says "AND THAT'S COMEDY"
>evil guy dies for feeding the dinosaurs anti-smart cereal that turns them back into dinosaurs but the power of love changes them back into super-dinosaurs
>Lisa Simpson and Kid Tough make out and confuse a generation of children about how to feel when they hear Lisa Simpson's voice
>dinosaurs stay in modern times and go golfing

I had the original We're Back book and I don't remember even a quarter of this shit being in it

It was based on a book?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We're_Back!_A_Dinosaur's_Story_(book)

And whaddaya know, a couple things from the movie ARE actually in it:

>One day in the Cretaceous Period as a Tyrannosaurus is about to devour a smaller dinosaur he's captured, a flying saucer piloted by an alien named Vorb arrives. He recruits him and several other dinosaurs (an Apatosaurus, Triceratops, Saurolophus, Stegosaurus, Deinonychus, and Pteranodon) he's found for a trial of a special "vitamin" he's developed which, upon feeding it to the dinosaurs, causes them to become sapient. Vorb takes them aboard his saucer and they travel to the present, dropping them off in New York City, which at that moment is celebrating the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. The dinosaurs pretend to be inflatable balloons to sneak along with the parade, but Rex mistakes one of the real dinosaur balloons to be his friend Allosaurus. The ruse is broken as a result of him accidentally popping "Allosaurus" and the dinosaurs flee as the crowd panics in sight of them. The police come to capture the dinosaurs soon after, but the helpful curator of the American Museum of Natural History, Dr. Bleeb, takes the dinosaurs in, and hides them from the cops by having them pretend to be life-size model dinosaurs. This satisfies the police, who leave to search for the dinosaurs elsewhere, and the curator lets them stay for the night. She reads them a bedtime story about a trilobite who wanted to walk on land, while the dinosaurs watch out the window, unsure about their future.

So no professors with eyes of any kind, or Lisa Simpson, or scary carnival, or...

That all makes more sense. At least it was just a time-traveling alien who didn't care about fucking with Earth's past and present. I still don't really understand who Cronkite was or what he was doing or why. The "granting wishes" thing always seemed like a cheap excuse for a long-term gambit to murder his brother for no reason.

>Scientist goes back in time and makes dinosaurs super intelligent

>Fucks with the timeline completely , this is why fucks like him should follow a prime directive type rule and not give mind boosting cereal to animals

>But the businessman who entered into an open contract the shits didnt read is the bad guy and should die

ok then

This kills the man.
Somehow.

I still don't know. Do they eat him?

He is "consumed by his own fear." I think it's supposed to be metaphorical. It really doesn't fit with the rest of the movie.

I want to believe it was a grand-finale trick. Let's face it, at this point that circus tent was still full of hundreds of people. It was a suitably demented exit befitting his scary circus.

Ol' Screw will just take a vacation and come back in two weeks.

>alone

What is a man?! A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!

One hydro storm! Two hydro storms! Three hydro storms! Ah Ah Ah!

I liked professor screweyes.

He was clearly the hero of that movie.

if dc stole this it would make a pretty neat scarecrow story

Wait

if his brother is Neweyes, shouldn't he be from the future?

Maybe in the future, old people don't retire to Florida, they retire to the 90's. It was a pretty good decade.

>Batman hears about Scarecrow opening a horror circus in Gotham
>Wants to shut it down, but it's a legit business
>becomes obsesses with exposing Scarecrow
>Has Robin infiltrate the circus to find out what he's up to
>Robin gets wind of some secret shit Scarecrow is doing behind the scenes
>Robin gets caught be Scarecrow
>Batman storms the circus, Scarecrow knew he was coming
>We get a "Batman has to face his dead family/bats" thing like he did in AA
>Climax is Batman hopped up on fear gas trying to save Robin while fighting Scarecrow

Hell, if they did it right, it could almost be Scarecrows version of Killing Joke.

Of course it would end like always, Batman overcomes his fear and give Scarecrow the old 1-2 to the face and hauls him off to Arkham, but it would still be cool