Avengers # 3.1 Storytime

In which Mark Waid and Barry Kitson continue their tale of Cap's Kooky Quartet which is now Cap's Kooky Quintet because of this Thai lady who enhances people's powers.

When you need exposition, cut to either a news reporter or a panel discussion. If you can have a news reporter AND a panel discussion, even better.

I enjoy the "Hawkeye is a dick to Jarvis" running gag.

Letting themselves get powered up by a mysterious stranger they don't know anything about is... actually quite true to the Avengers' vetting process.

Have Wanda and Pietro ever been referred to as mutants in this? The closest I can remember is someone mentioned they were part of a "mutant extremist group" but that may be the closest they're allowed to get.

>

I don't really know what's the point of republishing the old letters pages from the Avengers of the era.

Next: Remember again that Medusa started off with the bad guys and the Inhumans push is probably a treasonous fifth column.

Or news from the Jumbotron!

What's her endgame?

It's funny because everyone is so serious and mad, too, everyone but Clint.

And you can see he's not really serious and just enjoying the rich life.

Geez, take it easy, guys.

Also, because it was Jarvis the one who got him into the avengers, I think? I may be remembering it wrong. In any case, it's nice to see old Clint for a while.

So Quicksilver got his leg broken in two comics written within a couple months of each other?

It's really the only way to incapacitate him for any considerable amount of time, at least he heals quick thanks to his super fast metabolism.

Just have him visiting his daughter for the day

So she's going to be the big bad of Waits avengers run.

Luna seems like she would be better off living with Pietro than with her neglectful alcoholic mom.

Too bad Crystal and Ronan were broken up because having Ronan as your dad is fucking cool.

Pietro is impulsive, over-burdening, prone to irrational behavior, and got high as fuck on Terrigen Mists before it was cool.

Is Avenger X a commentary on Mantis?
Asian, mysterious bullshit powers, joins because reasons, but is intentionally trying to destroy them...

>7,927,285
According to Google, New York city had that population at some point between 1999 and 2000.

>Power levels
So the Mad Thinker is a DBZfag.
He probably responds to every "who would win in a fight" thread with a bunch of math and statistics to prove everything.

>Tony Stark
>Millionaire

This Cap lose a leg in war?

Maybe, seems like this is to set up her back story before Wait brings her back in his current avengers run to fuck up the be team.

The Bumpers

South east asian women, you just can't trust them.

I'm assuming this takes place in a sliding timescale past, so millionaire is probably right in this context.

Thank you

How have these mass deaths not caught the avengers attention?

Nah, Jarvis didn't get CLint into the Avengers. Clint tied Jarvis up as part of his audition.

They were people that were going to die anyway.

>seducing your sister away from you
Man I missed the Twincest.

Right, I remembered he was there, but didn't exactly how.

Yeah, Clint tied him to the stairs and when the others went to free him went "I'll free him... MY WAY!"

And shot the ropes with some arrows.

Cap really needs to beat the ronin into Hawkeye.

You're a pretty terrible nurse. Have a good day.

Agreed

Destroy the team so that she can have the mansion and Jarvis to herself.

Still loves his daughter tho