Venom #3 Storytime

You're monthly does of edge right here!

venomfags still crying like children about this book huh?

>waaaah the mean edgy man hurt muh pwecious symbiote not muh venooooom

Wait, so the entire symbiote species just had the Spider emblem the entire time?

Yup. Its clear someone on this book's team (could be Costa, Sandoval, Lowe or Lewis. Or all of the above) have no idea how symbiotes work.

I mean, unless they're trying to be symbolic, and the emblem is supposed the represent Venom's connection to his hosts.

Hey its not like we've fucked the symbiote origin enough in Guardians, so lets keep this train going!

>trying to be symbolic
Good one, user.

This is a mess. A horrible mess I just can't help take my eyes off of. It's like so awful and every month wish to know the depths of stupidity this comic can attain.

I really dislike this

> he could've left him the whole time

Seriously?

still with the un-armored jaw? youd think hed have learned his lesson

So apparently symbiotes can no longer forcefully bond to a host?

I see the scorpion is slowly becoming a chicken

Its Mac, of course he doesnt learn.
The mohawk isnt helping

Marvel continues to astound with this new season of titles. Holy shit this series is terrible. What on earth is going on at marvel right now, do they have any books that aren't utter drivel?

>that first panel

This edgehog.

Wow, this is fucking awful
We finally get Venom and Flash back on Earth, with Andi and a team of friends and a decent bit of character growth, and this is the follow-up?

Fucking trash

i think marvel just wants to ruin any series or character they dont have the movie rights to

Marvel goes Top Cow. Can't wait to see Witchblade in the new Avengers movie.

>fans of a character not liking that character being shit on

go to another board, just because you're a fucking casual who forgot Venom existed until this book doesn't mean we all are you self obsessed faggot

venom could have ditched his ass just about anywhere and body hop to one of the billion heroes that live in this fucking city but he won't because venom likes to be abused

I just have a bad feeling when we do get another Flash book it will be loaded with Drama about trying to redeem the symbiot

>Drama about trying to redeem the symbiot
But we just did all that
Twice!!

>shows so called klyntar bonded to other alien hosts
>all of them have the Venom symbiote color scheme
>ALL OF THEM HAVE THE SPIDER EMBLEM, THAT VENOM ONLY HAS BECAUSE OF SPIDER-MAN

What the actual fuck, this is fucking shit on the first page

So the Venom/Symbiote pretty much is playing the nicer half in this dilemma.

This comc and this series is fucking awful/edgy/dumb whatever, btut this page is the worst fucking thing ive seen i awhile thats wasnt just bad dialoge or plot or art... this is just... its like the people working on this never fucking read the original shit or even care, a page drawn and concocted by pure simpletons who know nothing abut the character they are working with just.. im baffled

mike costa pays people to tweet positive things about him

I like Wambaugh and Coyle.

>Wow, this is fucking awful

And its sad, the two issues before this were even worse.

>but he won't because venom likes to be abused

You and I both know that isn't true. The Venom symbiote usually does whatever the fuck it wants, because IT wants to.

>this is fucking shit on the first page

user, Costa was getting shit wrong in sentence #1 of the first issue. This guy has never read a symbiote comic in his life. He probably got all his info from animated series and wiki articles.

>he has all his fingers

Is no one even trying?

I would much rather this series be Venom attached to one of them, like an extraterrestrial ride along

Thanks, OP. I think this was ever so slightly less shit than the previous issues, but not by much.

>A character so uninteresting that his own creators can't remember anything about him only three issues in.

>Costa and Sandoval can't even keep up with their own plot 3 issues in.

so is flash dead?

>Monthly
This literally can't end soon enough

that's a dream sequence but here it looks like he has all 10 and didn't he have a glove?

Do writers choose what books they want, or are they just assigned one? This guy seems like he doesn't care for the symbiote lore at all

>Do writers choose what books they want, or are they just assigned one?
I think a little of both. Its a case by case thing.

A lot of times writes ask to do a book and have an idea they pitch editorial. While other times, editorial decides to shake things up and forces a shuffle.

Allegedly, Costa is a "huge symbiote fan", but nothing in his writing even suggests that's true, other than when he included hosts like Ann Weying and Angelo Fortunato (in the corner, behind Gargan) here:

Costa really thinks he's being artistic by having the symbiote depicted sitting/walking/etc next to Lee when they talk, doesn't he?

This "metaphorical symbiote" is just dumb.

I'm kinda curious as to what is gonna be in those letters. Does Marvel ever actually print negative feedback?

Wait.... so last issue the Agent had no fucking clue who Venom was. Now he knows all about the symbiote?

The fuck?

I really, really doubt it would actually happen, but I wonder if Mike Costa lurks here and is trying to fix all the things we were mad about last issues.

Even if that were the case, this is just really sloppy.

Just posting in this thread to let everyone know that I'm going to pretend Venom doesn't exist until after the symbiote has gone back to Flash and then I will pretend this book never existed. I also did not read the storytime.

Tbf, he could just have taken that from a wiki

I mean, I guess it was better than the last two issues, (not that that's saying much) but this new series is just so painfully mediocre. It's not really enjoyable, and Lee Price's character is still dragging it down.
I liked the Venom symbiote having to save him, because it shows how much its changed, but it also just left him, something it should have done immediately in the second issue. They've got the symbiote wanting to be abused, which doesn't make sense at all given its past.
They've just made me apathetic to one of my favorite characters in comics. I just don't care what happens right now. I'm invested in the symbiote, and that's about it.

I'm sure he did. Nothing in these three issues he's written so far even suggests he likes Venom's lore.

>but this new series is just so painfully mediocre

No, its bad. Genuinely so. You can say it. No need to sugar coat it.

>because it shows how much its changed
The fuck are you talking about? Aside from Angelo Fortunato, the symbiote has ALWAYS been fond of protecting its host (even if former and even if they actively rejected it). See pic related.

I mean from the first page () it's pretty clear that Venom's instinct is to bond with other life forms, presumably the stronger the better. It may be conscious, but it's not totally human. I'm not too familiar on symbiote lore, but it makes sense within the narrative of the book.

Can someone give Felicia a good piece of cock already ???!!!!!

I just mean changed in general, from the monster its been to present.

And that's only for hosts it actually cares about. Like Angelo, it's barely been bonded to Lee.

Why would Black Cat give a shit about Venom, exactly?

Well, he wouldn't know this, but Venom beat the shit out of Felicia.

Villains have all the sex user.

This is so fucking retarded.

Can someone please post issue 2? I didnt catch it last time

>I'm not too familiar on symbiote lore
Well, lets fix that real quick. Here is the original Venom symbiote backstory.

Well, he did break her nose back in the 80s, while looking for Peter.

Also, why is Black Cat doing anything these days? She shouldn't even be a villain at all.

So as you can see, the Venom symbiote was never really "evil". It just wanted to belong somewhere and experience emotions with a host that wanted it.

I agree, and it's kind of why I didn't hate Bendis making them originally good. Always thought something called a symbiote actually just being a parasite was dumb.

And ya, it did want only good things for Peter, something everybody seems to ignore after the 90's show said that it made him angrier.

However, once Peter rejected it and it bonded with Eddie, that really started it's downward spiral into madness. It got corrupted, and only got worse from there. That's why Flash was so great, someone who finally tried to turn it around.

>That's why Flash was so great, someone who finally tried to turn it around

Flash abused it and drugged it and used it as a slave initially, just because you're nice to somebody after you rape them doesn't dismiss the fucking rape

Eddie was the only host that understood and cared for it truly, writers have retconned this because they're fucking morons, as you can see from this storytime and current Venom series

>It got corrupted, and only got worse from there.

Until the early 2000s, it never really got "worse". When it first bonded to Eddie, it was just mad from being rejected by Peter. But it mellowed out pretty fast, considering it had a host that wanted it now.

Wasn't till writers just said "fuck it" and turned the symbiote into a generic monster (see Spectacular Spider-Man v2 #1-5, when this started).

After that, no writers could agree with how Venom should function and we got a complete clusterfuck of characterizations and motivations.

I mean, it's not like Flash had much of a choice. It clearly wouldn't want to be with him to go on missions at first, but then it grew to like him, even coming back to him after the drugs had worn off in the savage land. And that was only like their third mission together. Flash eventually stopped using the drugs and they came to an understanding.

Who knows, the symbiote probably liked him because of his association with Spider-Man, someone the symbiote's always gonna be obsessed with.

And to be honest, I'm a big Flash fan, but that whole hunger stroyline that reveals Eddie had cancer and the symbiote didn't want him anymore never made sense to me. And then that storyline ends with the symbiote never being able to switch hosts again, but then the next time we see him, he's auctioning it off.

>It clearly wouldn't want to be with him to go on missions at first

From issue #2 of Flash's book.

...you were saying?

Everything so far makes me think he just really wanted to write The Darkness.

Yes? I literally said that in the same sentence.

The fact of the matter is that Venom had been a monster for awhile at that point, especially with Gargan. Obviously the government isn't gonna just trust it. Flash didn't have a choice whether they were gonna drug it or not. The government barely cared about Flash or the symbiote, they were both expendable.

And clearly the symbiote can have it's own agenda, like when it tried to kill Spider-Man an issue or two later despite Flash's protests.

The point was: read the thought bubbles. Its clear that the symbiote wished no ill will on Flash from the get go. Flash was the one being hostile in their relationship.

The symbiote was with him right from the beginning, but Flash abused it.

No, they edit the letters people send in to save space. That said, I sent a fairly small-ish letter to Bendis for Invincible Iron Man recently (one of the earlier issues) and I recall that they took out all the criticisms.

>and I recall that they took out all the criticisms
That's bullshit.

My point still stands that Flash didn't have a choice not to drug it. the government would have blew him up.

And yeah, that conversation really starts the dynamic between Flash and the symbiote. Flash had never really had a conversation with it before since it was always drugged up. He thought it was a tool to be used because that's what it was given to him as.
Why do you think he eventually stopped using the drugs when he got out of the government's control?

"Looking for a home" is not the same as "We were actually Green Lanterns all along but we're just really bad at our job"

>why is Black Cat doing anything these days?
She became a villain because "Peter" punched a tooth out. It'd make sense that she'd apply the same overzealous hatred for the creature that broke her nose.

>do they have any books that aren't utter drivel?
Foolkiller (RIP), Ultimates^2, Nova, Moon Knight and Captain Hydra.

OK, Captain Hydra is drivel, but entertaining drivel.

I'm aware. I was being facetious.

Its a ridiculously moronic plot point that should have been wrapped up years ago. Black Cat has spent more time being a hero than a crook. Why a stupid punch to the face while stealing something she should never have even attempted to steal made her do a complete 180? Editorial bullshit.

>Foolkiller (RIP)
so that got cancelled?

No, but it might as well be.

So Costa's endgoal when he was writing Transformers was union of Cybertronian with human?

So you claim Spider-Man thought that looking like a Spider-Woman he just met would have been a cool thing when he just wanted to repair his costume initially?