Can we make DBZ honorary Sup Forums?

Can we make DBZ honorary Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magician_(French_TV_series)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DBZ is shit. Even Marvel somehow manages to be better.

Sure. Most of its plots come from Western media, so it's fair.

I'm sorry, I should have realized I'm not allowed to enjoy things

All toonami animes are allowed at least on toonami threads.

So it is already honorary Sup Forums.

DBZ has always been Sup Forums, user.

Oh, this is allowed. but not an actual show made for western audiences

>The West creates DBZA
>The East creates Super

Thus Japan has forfeited all rights to DBZ.

You mean Deus Ex Machina, the show?

>I am evil and I am beating you
>Freind comes along with new power up gifted out of nowhere and starts beating up villain
>Dohoho check out my new form I just wasn't using for reasons
Rinse and repeat a few times until Toriyama gets bored and ends it.

fans bang on about "muh training" but most of the power ups are just gifted out of nowhere

See: Guru boosting Gohan and Krillians power, Goku turning super saiyan thus multiplying his power instantly, Piccolo fusing with nail, fusing with Kami, Gohan turning super saiyan 2 instantly because #16's head gets crushed, Gohan getting his power unlocked by the supreme kai, fusion dance, potara earrings and that favourite of classics "SHARE YOUR ENERGY WITH ME"

Dragon Ball Z is trash.

how newfag are you?

No... Unless it's in a Toonami thread cause mods don't give a fuck about those. You can discuss DBZ shit there.

The Frieza saga is perfection to the point where it should be rated up there with the classic epics such as the Iliad and the legend of king Arthur.

The new Abridged Broly movie was pretty good

>He's so cool! But so god damn dumb

Super is worse.

>>Oh no Friezas top guys has the DBs!Oh wait now Vegeta has them!Now Friezas REAL top guys have them!Gokus back...and out of commission again!Elder has boosted Gohan and Krillin to there fullest potential!Surely now they will wi...no didn't matter.Oh but watch out it's Frieza the space pirate whose evil for..reasons fuck backstory and motivation he's just a Dick.Also super saiyans are a thing!We will never explain how or why they exist and are now popping up by the dozen.But hey that final fight was great

I thought it already was.

Speaking of which, why is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Sup Forums, again?

Hey, Gohan, Goku, and Piccolo actually make sense. Those were built up.

Everything else? You're right.

They all got their power ups instantly.

Not from "muh training"

>Princess Trunks
>You lied to me
>You dirty boy

You mean Chinese.

I mean, the Frieza saga wasn't for dumb people who just wanted to see two people scream for 50 minutes. It had strategy, suspense, proper buildup with satisfying payoff. No wonder it defined the entire genre.

Piccolos power boosts were nonsensical,were supposed to believe that that a warrior class namekian weaker than Vegeta fusing with another weak namekian would be above Vegeta,Ginyu force and first form Frieza?Or that somehow Kami an daimaos original form was equal to android 17 but when split weaker than Nappa?

Piccolo being half a person was revealed before there even was a Piccolo.

Dragon Ball Z's greatest trick is how it gets the reader/viewer to accept its bullshit without question.

In fact more so than that, it gets them to defend it.

Now that's a bullshit statement which I don't accept. Everything made decent sense until the android saga where it started slipping, went out of control in Buu and Super just plain doesn't give a fuck.

it's not.
american jojo fans are just really cancerous so they spam it on every board

But why when we already have the superior King of the Hill Z

Goku goes from having to sacrifice his life to defeat Raditz, someone with a power so weak they can literally grow comparable beings in the ground to being strong enough to take down Freiza, an intergalactic tyrant we're led to believe has no equal in the space of about a year or so, yet no other fucker in the galaxy has ever made such a steep rise in power?

Even Vegeta goes from being cucked by Cui to being able to go super saiyan, and therefore presumably able to defeat Freiza within the space of about a year.

DBZ fags will defend this.

I feel like tfs is getting shittier at making new lip flaps for characters

It's shit, just watch the original Dragon Ball instead

I did notice it more than once in the Broly movie

Usually I don't unless I'm actively looking for it

>BUT HE'S SO COOL!

It's the ultimate pleb filter.

Those who appreciate it on base level because "le epic super saiyans haha! Krillin dies again xd" are normie tier. Inoffensive enough, but ultimately bland.

Those who despise it are generally plebs. They are the ones who believe Inception is deep and Rick and Morty is better than the Boondocks.

Now, those who trasncend that layer into the pure Toriyama goodness, they are the true patricians. They know how disconnected, yet inherently iconic DB is. How simple, yet deliciously powerful even the WORST of this series is. The inspiration of everything from Xiaolin Showdown to the Matrix. Pure Sup Forums.

>Marvel
Current? No way. Older stories? Definitely. DBZ is okay despite the author being a hack and forgetting everything every so often.

>Kami an daimaos original form was equal to android 17 but when split weaker than Nappa?

Piccolo and Kami original form was actually on the same level as Kid Buu.

No, fuck off.

I have a 7 years old borther who usually loves shows with magic.

Would you recomend it? Or is it just fanservice?

>Krillian
He's not celtic.

I'm so fucking glad Frieza is just a dick and not a "relatable motivations" villain.
You need unabashed assholes sometimes.

Watch The Magician instead. It's cooler and not another waifu show.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magician_(French_TV_series)

Green Lantern is kind of like magic I guess?

I'm not really seeing what's wrong with those. It's not like they were going for realistic progress.

This is one of the most pretentious crocks of shit I've ever endured.

>yet no other fucker in the galaxy has ever made such a steep rise in power?

Wasn't Frieza also extremely paranoid? He probably killed anyone who seemed like he was getting too strong before he got to his level, just like he killed the Saiyans. Well, anyone in his vicinity of course.

itt someone who hasnt read marvel now

like wasp

at least dbz doesn't use 60 year olds to pander to tweens

LWA doesn't really have much or any sexual fanservice (the OVAs use patented anti-pantyshot technology). It does rely a lot on the audience being drawn in by stuff being cute though so idk if it's good for the average young boy. Ymmv.

You must be new here. It doesn't even move past 2 on my meter.

I think that was the point.

Why do all villains need backstories? Why can't a dick just be a fucking dick because he likes being a dick?

Yeah but even Piccolo surpasses Freiza. And I'm fairly certain Tien and Yamcha by the time of the Cell saga.

If anyone can get to that level relatively easily, why the fuck was he so feared in the first place?

Goku is a weird freakish exception and inspires everyone around him to break their limits.

I strongly doubt that any earthling ever surpassed Freeza.

As far as power levels I can accept the Saiyans and Androids surpassing Freeza, but Piccolo only did it because he was Toriyama's favorite and because he has access to hacks like the hyperbolic time chamber.

People were also terrified of Oolong, Tien, mercenary Tao and Piccolo.
What's your point ?

Like I said

here Dragon Ball Z's greatest trick is how it gets the reader/viewer to accept its bullshit without question.

In fact more so than that, it gets them to defend it.

I mean I can understand enjoying the show. Clearly I do. I even kind of like Super, but I'm very aware that it's kind of crap. More people need to admit that because Dragon Ball's fan base is fucking cancerous.

>Hero 1 reaches a power level of 600,000 through training
>FUCK YEAH TIME TO OVERTHROW FREEZA
>Transform
>Ded

>Hero 2 reaches a power level of 1,200,000 through training
>FUCK YEAH I KNOW FREEZA CAN TRANSFORM BUT I'M EVEN STRONGER THAN THAT
>Form 3
>Ded

And then there were no more heroes.

you're taking this very seriously

There's a big middle ground between best evar and crap. I recognize it has qualities and flaws.

All non-Saiyans never rise above being jobbers. Piccolo gets close but he still doesn't do anything more after killing Raditz than annoy Frieza and #17 a bit.

My point is that if beings can get to Freizas level of power in such a short amount of time, it stops being impressive and it makes you wonder why the fuck he was such a feared tyrant throughout the galaxy when his level of strength wasn't even that special to begin with.

Tien was able to stop second form cell, admittedly by spamming tri-beam but he could. He could also go toe to toe with Cell jr. who if I remember was at least first form Cell tier.

First form Cell could defeat Androids #17 and #18, beings who gave Trunks, someone who basically one shotted Freiza a shit time.

Earthlings got to Freiza tier.

Most of that stuff was foreshadowed , the only exception is Buu saga related things like Fusion Dance and Potara Earrings, but that's because at that point Toriyama kept going just because Shonen Jump had some serious issues, so they couldn't just let their most popular series end at a time like this.

Cell was completely unharmed despite being blasted multiple times, he was just being pushed back by the immense force. Keep in mind that even big guys get thrown around by kicks from far weaker foes, like Nappa or Freeza.

Also he got fucking destroyed by the jrs. in the manga. Even Goku was losing, the only ones holding their own were Vegeta and Trunks.

>goku get me off this planet

Even then Goku ends up being the only relevant Saiyan. GT is the worst offender of this but Super does it as well, especially in the Zamasu arc.

>newfaggots don't even remember what Sup Forumsku is.

> b-but anime/manga threads aren't that common!

I told you fags.

An earthling scientist able to augment two teenagers to the point they can kill Vegeta and Piccolo is still a ridiculous premise.

19 and 20 were originally going to really be the androids Trunks was talking about, but his editor didn't think they were cool looking enough so he changed them to two other androids instead. 19 and 20 did have an advantage over the main characters by being able to absorb energy blasts but 17 and 18 never showed that ability.

>especially in the Zamasu arc.
You mean the arc where Trunks stole the show at least twice, gained a new form and Vegeta pummeled Black?

They have infinite ki. Also androids were shown to be ridiculously strong as early as the muscle tower, where android 8 could tank a gun which punched a hole through Goku.

>Implying it isn't

I hate animu, but Dragonball/DBZ (up to Cell), Kenichi, and Ippo are fucking amazing.

fusions in DBZ multiply instead of adding together iirc

It's like you read my post but didn't try to understand it.
By the time Frieza rolled around, last week's villain becoming a joke in terms of powerlevels was already a staple of DB(Z).

Also
>why were people amazed by the phone when only decades later there's internet, what was so amazing about the phone?

Dragonball began as a take on Journey to the West, but Toriyama definitely used some Superman elements for DBZ.

I've always just assumed that since Saiyans get a power boost from recovering from near death gives them a power boost, Goku coming back from being dead gave him a massive power boost. Vegeta didn't go ssj until after he died either.

>why were people amazed by the phone when only decades later there's internet, what was so amazing about the phone?

That's not the same as having someone who is an intergalactic emperor who is feared by everyone and never encounters an equal until Goku despite the fact that it's apparently quite easy to get to his level of strength.

And then the editor thought 17 and 18 didn't look threatening enough so we got Cell. But the editor thought he looked unimpressive so we got form 2... which the editor thought looked ugly so we got Perfect Cell.
I'd glagly throw eggs at that editor.

Actually, it is.

Frieza was just a galactic tyrant, there's 12 universes, he's fucking small time

Piccolo + Nail could stand against Second Form Freeza. Piccolo then spend years training and perfecting his body. Kami is the other half of Piccolo, which essentially would make him Nameless Namek + Everything Piccolo gained afterwards, front initially passing his father to all the growth he did after.

As ridiculous as it seems written out, it makes sense when you consider that power isn't stagnant in DB/Z.

>Goku turning super saiyan thus multiplying his power instantly,
Which was mentioned many times in the Namek Saga, mostly by Vegeta.

>Piccolo fusing with nail, fusing with Kami
And we've known Namekians can split and fuse for years. In fact it's a big part in Piccolo's origin.

>Gohan turning super saiyan 2 instantly because #16's head gets crushed, Gohan getting his power unlocked by the supreme kai
>Transformation unlocked by anger in the first place
>Gohan forced to feel angry to unlock it
>Gohan was stronger than every other fighter when he was angry in the fight against Raditz
You're not being serious here are you?

> and that favourite of classics "SHARE YOUR ENERGY WITH ME"
The entire premise of the spirit bomb, yes.

I'd say it was more bullshit that they could take Dende from Namek with no problems from anyone than any of these.

Plus the universe itself was big too. Pikkon was shown to be on Super Saiyan Goku's level, but he was from another quadrant. Maybe Frieza was only known in some parts of the universe.

That panel will always make me happy. That was Vegeta's "What the fuck just happened" moment.

>despite the fact that it's apparently quite easy to get to his level of strength.
It's worth noting that it took years of training and battle to reach Frieza's level. The only two who didn't go through it were Goten and Trunks purely for the comedic factor.

Most of DBZ only took place in the east area of the galaxy in the east area of the universe too, but now Goku is a God so he's just leaping right past having to know/deal with the entire universe and skipping right to the big stage

Meanwhile Pikkon lives in a dumpster and gets punched for a living while Freeza commands the known galaxy and blowing up planets with one finger.

No it isn't. Its not like an advancement in technology that leads to other advancements.

It's someone becoming powerful enough to conquer planets and having a strength that is feared even though at the same time as his strength is being amassed there are other beings who can easily do the same with just a years work.

It would be more like Usain Bolt being the fastest runner on the planet despite his level of speed being so easy to attain that people who struggle to run up and down the stairs could achieve it with just a year or so's work. In fact multiple people can.

I was surprised to see Goku busting out kaioken and showing why it's a good/bad idea, and loved Vegeta right away throwing shade because the fuckers don't get what's in for them

Well, they tried having him explore the rest of HIS universe.

We don't talk about that monstrosity.

GT didn't try to do anything

I know, but we don't talk about the child we left at the orphanage.

My dirty secret is that I actually liked a lot of the story beats of GT and even the idea of SSj4 even if it was all trash

>black hole made from light
Is this real science or black science?

You mean the arc where the father-son Galic Gun didn't do shit to merged Zamasu but a single Kamehameha from Goku fucked up half of Zamasu's body?

Missing the point.
Nobody could build a remote instantaneous communication device for centuries.
Now you could make a phone yourself.

And powerlevels in DB work very much like technology, Goku learned a shitload from already established characters (flying, kamehameha, kaioken) which helped him grow faster. Hell Freezipops stole the kienzan from Krilin of all people.

>Usain Bolt
And wouldn't you know it, the world record for the 100m used to be at a level that even high school athletes can beat now.

Stop being an autist.

Bc Super the anime is Goku pandering shit because it knows it's fanbase only cares about Goku.

The manga on the other hand is god tier.

It's theoretical i.e. it is possible but it could never happen outside of artificial circumstances. DBZ as hell all the same

>a fucking blitzball
wew

forgot pic