Is this movie supposed to be good? Am I missing something?

Is this movie supposed to be good? Am I missing something?

Yes you are missing. It's one of the best and most nuanced portrayal of a human being.

>Am I missing something?
A brain.

brain

pretentious garbage with pretentious actors

Oh I see. It’s one of those ‘I’m not going to explain why I like it, I’m just going to say I like it because it makes me feel smart’ type of movies. Cringe.

I like it, you don’t have to.

Yeah, you're missing pretentiousness

>Cringe
This explains a lot. Stick to capeshit

What's pretentious about it?

Nothing, liking it is pretentious

What's pretentious about liking it?

Outstanding acting. Immersive cinematography. Engaging plot. Nuanced characters. Excellent plot progression. Top-notch dialogue and costume design

I liked the acting, the scene with burning oil is one of the best scenes i ever seen. Daniel is a great nuanced character, you cant just simply say he is evil misantrope - protecting mary, the scene in which he got baptised still makes me wonder was this an act or a sincere guilt about abandoning his child. Im finished ending is great because he seems most happy when his cynical views finally triumph. Most nuanced human character

It's a bad film and people like it to seem artsy

It's well acted and beautifully shot. Daniel Plainview is an interesting character and Daniel Day Lewis is absolutely god tier. Also has a great soundtrack

What's bad about it?

I must be the only one who doesn't like DDL, he seems way tryhard and artificial to me, Paul Dano was a miles better actor than him in this film (and others)

Overly long, mediocre acting, low entertainment value (another way to say boring/uninteresting)

>tfw so influenced by this film that I wear almost exclusively western/frontiersman clothes

If you're too lazy to actually explain any of your points there's no point continuing this conversation

>>Am I missing something?
Yes, a Y chromosome

Why do you even watch movies? TWBB is pretty straightforward user.

>DDL
>tryhard
oh how I miss junior high school

it's a great movie but one demographic of people i can think of that wouldn't like it is children. are you a child?

>i'm gonna start a movie about a critically acclaimed movie about which 100 000 lines explaining just why it is so good have been written BUT i'm not the one who has to explain his views

I don't know how much of a troll this is but I agree I had watched The Master first and I think that movie beats this movie in every way imaginable. But to each his own I guess.

some major autism right there mate