/STD/iscovery

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

indiewire.com/2017/10/netflix-ratings-nielsen-defenders-full-house-house-of-cards-1201888675/
support.parrotanalytics.com/hc/en-us/articles/222663987-What-are-Demand-Expressions-
youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Friendly reminder

Star Trek Voyager=VOY
Star Trek Enterprise=ENT
Star Trek Discovery=DIS

Far from life support, STD is getting the highest ratings on television at the moment.

Many countries are reporting over 50 million people watching STD and that is the number one show that is so popular because everyone likes it.

> STD is getting the highest ratings on television
>on television

STD is crushing Orville in ratings everywhere. Many are saying they will be happy to dance on the grave of Orville when its cancelled and STD is picked up for three more seasons.

Its estimated that more than 6 million people signed up for CBS All Access to view STD a show exclusive to the online service which is giving every power geeking fanboy a nerdgasm!

It's not even on television, how can it get the highest television rating?

Best logo.

Update.

>Best logo.

this one isnt that bad either but it didnt last sadly, we barely knew ye.

A tardigrade powered galaxy spanning mushroom network for instantaneous travel is the most retarded scifi idea in 50 years.
WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING

I'm tired of looking at Sonequa's nappy negro hair. Why don't they tell her to straighten that shit out?

>no ads to watch STD?
>how is that possible when even CBS pay per view has 14 minutes of commercials per hour?
I think only netflix doesnt have ads but CBS all access does have ads to support their platform.

>A tardigrade powered galaxy spanning mushroom network for instantaneous travel is the most retarded scifi idea in 50 years.

How its based on reality and actual science even one of the characters is named after the inventor which is why STD is actually the most legit show.

>STD is crushing Orville in ratings everywhere.
STD doesn't even release its ratings since it's an all access pay site show. They just keep saying "We are getting so many subs thanks to STD you guies....BELIEVE US!"

Meanwhile the Orville is the second highest rated show on Fox right now. Who do you think Fox cares about more? Keeping critics happy, or keeping Seth happy?

I love DIS show!

That's fucking cool

>STD doesn't even release its ratings since it's an all access pay site show.
People estimate the ratings based off the popularity of the show which if you look at rotten tomatos experts already chose STD over orville since it has more diversity which means millions will sign up since it appeals to a wider audience.

How long until he dies?

STD confirmed most popular show on TV with some of the highest ratings in recorded history for a new show since it took the world by storm and everyone is tuning in.

he wont die before Saru since Saru many are saying is not human but actually a plant he is organic 100%.

Before Lorca

It's so enriched with diversity . Truly something Star Trek has never done before.

lorca is all out evil though, that means hes going down and who wants to be this time Michael doesnt use a neck pinch which failed but this time will blow his head off!

Uhhhh no Michael is the first black officer on Star Trek which she talks about in many interviews and the panel discussed at SDCC which literally breaks the fourth wall.

How arent there more threads discussing the most highly watched show on TV beating out TWD and GoT which everyone stopped watching to tune into STD.

Well clearly hes not human, but a plant? Bitch has hooves hes a prey animal

Agreed. Maybe it can start the next thread.

So since the creators proved their using mirrors to travel to mirror universes what could the second season be about?

its pretty comfy, tried using it for this bread as seen in last thread but it vanished somehow teleported away from Sup Forums by a tardigrade, hopefully the CBS posters start using them even if they call the threads discovery so we can find them in the catalog.

what is DIS?

Good, good. Let the hate flow through you.

>beating out TWD and GoT
>posts a picture showing it under GoT
ok. not only did it lose to GoT, it lost to an aging GoT. you'd expect the launch of a new even more diverse star trek to get a huge amount of viewers, especially in CURRENT YEAR. Even with all that going for it it still lost to a show that you'd expect to have lost a lot of its fanbase by now.

Worse than that, STD's viewers only go down from here. I'd love to see the view count for next week's episode

Does everybody of this show hate eachother?

>second season

he was not necessarily engineered to be prey? Saru and his people served many purposes hence they could have been grown like plants many leading theorists are espousing to enhance his power.

No, the Orville is supposed to die!

Star Trek discovery is a success. Nobody can deny it.

I guess the only ones not hating eachother is the GAAAAAY couple.

>you'd expect the launch of a new even more diverse star trek to get a huge amount of viewers
STD has the most viewers of any show out there, GoT is using fake numbers which everyone knows since no show will beat STD in ratings now or in the future which is why everyone is tuning in to get their geek on!

DIS show is great! Nice knowing that we picked the winning show and we will have at least 6 seasons of comfy old school Trek!

Watching this feels like a fucking fever dream, I mean holy shit.
>weirdly angry people
>literally disorienting camerawork & transitions
>nobody on the crew behaves like an actual human
>no chain of command
>chief of security literally drops a forcefield and tries to shotgun a monster that can rip ship hulls
I unironically feel like I've just had a delusional episode after watching this show, nothing makes sense. Jesus Christ

Greetings fellow posters be sure to sign up for CBS All Access to watch STD!

It takes place in the mirror universe.

Orville looks like garbage. I will never watch a single minute of anything Seth vomits into existence. Fuck him and fuck you. Go away shill.

Honestly look at much better the visuals are on STD compared to the Orville. STD does it all from rotating the camera, to lensflares to add tension and focus each shot on what matters as seen here. Notice Orville has none of that and you can see everything having no idea what the point of the shot is.

It just proves STD is better since they spend over 8 million per episode on visual effects.

>In short, [Discovery] announces a series of high ambition, fit for purpose for the golden age of TV.

>It's got enough good stuff to keep me watching. Nonetheless, it feels a bit too obsessed with Star Trek for its own sake, rather than as a vehicle for telling stories with broader resonance.

>It had everything you wanted in a big spectacle TV show - action, betrayal and things going kaboom, while managing to be smart and thoughtful.

>Happily Star Trek: Discovery strikes a balance between what diehard Trekkies love about Roddenberry's universe and what J.J. Abrams injected into its theatrical resurrection

>With its level of talent and commitment, Star Trek: Discovery has a decent chance of getting on course to complete its mission.

Just some review about Star Trek Discovery

wtf is this measuring? sounds quite frankly made up if its measuring an abstract thing like "demand" I gotta say.

Though it does prove Orvile annd shows like GoT are dead now since everyone stopped watching them.

>it feels a bit too obsessed with Star Trek for its own sake
Wouldnt that be because it is star trek?

I guess it's memorable by making me feel like I'm hallucinating like no other show ever has. There's no rhyme or reason to any transition or character reaction, it's like they got a twelve year old on imovie to edit the highest budget shots ever. The camerawork is shit too.

Even the audio mix is terrible.

The main theme is three mediocre themes blended together in fucking garageband oh my god this show is so fucking consistent in making me feel like I'm on mushrooms. Jesus Christ.

>Nonetheless, it feels a bit too obsessed with Star Trek for its own sake, rather than as a vehicle for telling stories with broader resonance.
Is this reviewer trying to bait me? It doesn't feel remotely like any Star Trek media I've ever watched, from TOS to JJ to Nemesis. Fucking hell. It feels like an SNL parody of a mirror universe episode where the entire crew has been replaced by bad guys with no sort of backstory or anything.

God.

Orville is bad.

STD Anthology
1st season: Mirror Universe
2nd season: Section 31 formed to return to normal universe
3rd season: Return to Prime timeline with CGI'd Kirk and Spock welcoming them back.

>the scene where Isaac steals Gordon's leg
So fucking funny. Then when he limps onto the bridge with a half formed leg

And when they're having a serious conversation and the leg falls through the ceiling

Fucking funny. It's literally pissing all over STD and being better Trek at the same time.

>There's no rhyme or reason to any transition or character reaction,
The characters all written to be supports for Michael in any scene. That is why the other crew radically shift their behavior to assist in Michaels Character development as seen in the ripper scene.

This causes tension so no viewer knows how the characters will react if Michael is not around who is also the best officer to have ever lived in the federation which is said many times including on the prison vessel and by Saru himself.

You don't pay enough attention because it's full of lore.

>wtf is this measuring? sounds quite frankly made up if its measuring an abstract thing like "demand"

Anything that doesn't list sources and that doesn't have a methodology available is worth as much as evidence as a post on Sup Forums.

People have a complete trust in bullshit pro looking graphs and I should know because I'm paid to make them up to spread bullshit infographics around the web.

Don't trust anything you see.

>/STD/iscovery

Wtf is this shit? It took me 20 minutes to find this general. Thanks a lot OP

Enterprise was often referred to as ST-E in the beginning.

then they would have the Terran empire emblem

Um no it was always ENT

indiewire.com/2017/10/netflix-ratings-nielsen-defenders-full-house-house-of-cards-1201888675/

support.parrotanalytics.com/hc/en-us/articles/222663987-What-are-Demand-Expressions-

>You're welcome

This image just makes me fill ill, knowing we'll be at a point technologically where they can recreate entire actors and make them say anything based on using video material and algorithms.

We will live to see Hollywood resurrect actors for full length projects, not just unnatural looking clips like the plastic looking Peter Cushing in Star Wars Rogue One.

Go to Youtube and look at the tech demos where they make president Bush and Putin speak garbage that looks seamless.

I could see the show in the third seasons CGI'ing in Kirk and Spock to welcome back Michael who survived the mirror universe and lived to tell about it which we know from the last episode where they are using mirrors to go back and forth.

Why does anybody make these threads? People never discuss the show like in the other generals, but unlike in /got/ and /trek/ generals people don't discuss the characters or other memey shit either..

That's right, STD bad acting is progressive and worldwide accepted as the new standard, you Orville fashists.

This and hologram technology, soon, we will have our captain kirk in our room

Fucking Discovery.
They saw that the most popular story-arc in Star Trek History was the DS9 Dominion War arc.
So they started the show with a Federation-Klingon War.

Except that they forgot that DS9 had two seasons before introducing the Dominion and then they had another three seasons of Dominion skulduggery before the war broke out giving us two seasons of fucking lovely drama built upon a solid foundation of character drama and stand-alone episodes.

You don't get to just jump into the war.

Ugly and Fat is the NEW Pretty and Delicate
Reform, you nazis.

watching STD gives me that same desolate feeling I used to get when I watched catdog as a kid

Its like it drains you mentally

>replaced by bad guys with no sort of backstory or anything

more like replaced by people that feel like people from today, with all the usual manerisms and attitudes. Like when you make a skit about stormtroopers in the cafeteria. They never feel like people from the universe the are supposed to live in.

This only makes me hate the new uniforms

STD just works

Just got done watching all 5 episodes of STD, you faggots lied to me. Here's what I was expecting
>in your face SJW shit
>"oh, btw he's my husband"
>mary sue protagonist who is version 2.0 of that faggot kid from TNG
>"le evul Klingons"
Now, I got two issues mainly, one is that the sassy nigga is always right plus her mary sue origins, and second is the staff doing dumb shit that has been a recurring problem for ST as a whole.

Anyway, loved what I've seen so far, at least more that the first season of TNG

Sup Forums and Sup Forums are always wrong.

Star Trek Discovery is the best Star Trek

congrats you have shit taste, If you started any self reflection you would realise that in real life no-one care about anything you say and actually barely tolerate you

How dare you talk to me like that. You should tell me everything.

no
in the beginning they did not even use star trek in the title, just 'Enterprise' to try appeal to a wider audience. later when ratings were shit they added star trek back in to try appeal to original fans

Patrick Stewart needs to a cameo on the Orville

The last scene with the mirror gave me some lynchean vibes. But I doubt the show will go that route. It borrows some elements from Event Horizon or Dune but we'll likely not see the show move into either direction. What I find disappointing is not the fact that we will not get anything interesting, but rather that you already know that this is out of the question. You know that not everything is possible, that the show will move along some well known tracks instead of being groundbreaking.

DISgusting

Stay mad, faggot, while I enjoy the shit out this show. What exactly is you problem with STD that other STs didn't have, other than the mary sue bitch?

Plants dont have hooves nigga!

REEEEEEE, REEEE
reported, you anti-progressive, body shaming, nazi!

>Event Horizon

It's not the first time i see that reference here, what elements from Event Horizon are in Discovery ?

The spores are the last stage in the life-cycle of the Tribble.

I want this so bad.

Black Hole

The spore drive malfunctioning and tearing apart that ship's crew, also literally one of the same actors

>discovery is destroying the ratings
>meanwhile, nobody is watching orville
MY SIDES

What if I told you there were no racists? What if I told you it was created by the studio to cause controversy for ratings?

Final digit of this post is how many seasons Discovery runs for.

Miniature Spacecraft, how much are you getting paid by CBS to shill STD? I want to know because I'm in a financial deadend and I need some money.

youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

It's always like this nowadays. General criticism is instantly blackwashed by bringing unacceptable positions into the mix. It's marketing 101.

Holy shit, STD is almost as popular as Game of Thrones?

CBS has struck a goldmine with this new smash show! I love it and am so happy!

The writing, directing, and composition (as in post production shit, set design, background shit) are terrible. The acting is fine, to quote Mr. Data "If it ain't on the page, it ain't on the stage", they can only work with what they're given.

This show is so fucking darkly lit and fatiguing. Imagine living in that fucking dark as shit ship filled with neon blue panels.
At almost no point is anyone stopping to reasonably consider anything, everyone is largely making snap decisions based on the barest glances of information, and everything is action / conflict / drama.

In DS9 there was an all out war between the Federation, Romulans, Vulcans, and (other factions, I think) vs the Cardies, Breen, and Dominion but there was still time for the sort of day to day shit that goes on, and people still engaged in logic and reasoning and discourse, even when the stakes were very high.
This doesn't feel like Star Trek humans, this feels like Battle Star Galactica humans; the really stupid emotional irrational snap decision making assholes.
Even the characters on The Expanse are more grounded and measured, even when they're flying off the handle it still makes sense and is an appropriate response

God, the marketing for STD was such a shitshow.

Lieutenant Paul Stamets and cadet Tilly are fun and chill.

The aesthetics is breathtaking, even if you do not like Discovery.

I know Sup Forums likes to meme that (((they))) are pushing SJW shit, but I think the reality is (((they))) saw this SJW shit trend and thought "Huh, our market analysis indicates this is what the cattle want.", without understanding that all the hubbub is literally just bloggers making a living out of infinite pseudo-civil rights crisis nonsense.

>At almost no point is anyone stopping to reasonably consider anything, everyone is largely making snap decisions based on the barest glances of information, and everything is action / conflict / drama.

modern audiences don't have a problem with that. GoT S7 does the same. Every dumb blockbuster does it.