Is World War 2 the capeshit of war movies

Is World War 2 the capeshit of war movies

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/19/russian-ambassador-to-turkey-wounded-in-ankara-shooting-attack
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes

Played out and boring, especially the western european theater.

They forget about the war and only focus on the Jews

That bastards movie
If that Polish or Chek guy would have died nobody would have cared
Since the jew died everyone cares more value

It's just become so uninteresting with movie after movie. There are so many other wars that should be mainstream movies but arent. (Korean, Gulf etc) Why does hollywood focus specifically on WW2 SO much

hmmm

Because it's easy for Ameritards to understand good guys = them and allies, bad guys = axis. And thanks to their moronic education system they think they did all the fighting in the war so it was really about how awesome they were, USA! USA! USA!

Other wars would require them to understand more about world history, and fuck that noise.

Yeah people here can be pretty dense when it comes to that. Any time war is discused before 2000s its only WW2. If I talk about the korean war they think im talking about kim jong un

What's even more egregious is that there hasn't been a kino WW1 film since fucking 1982.

The European front is

nanking nanking (city of life and death) is a pretty great rep of eastern front with no western powers involved. SHows the japanese invasion and occupation of China's capitol at the time

Yeah it just never ends

The Flowers of War is an ok movie about that

just stop watching bad movies (most american ones post SPR)

true, but it felt a bit too unrealistically hollywood esque.

Primarilly that scene where one china man takes out an entire unit of japanese with boobytraps and shit

Nam is the patrician's war.

this

Also if dubs i got the one in the chamber

GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Marky Mark was right

This desu

This, its the same reason we have 1000 nazi germany documentaries yet hardly anything on ww1

lest we forget the 6 trillion

My face when the war was won because of millions of soviets running into the nazi meat grinder and not americanski capitalist pig dogs

we shouldve kept pushing east desu

Rolling

NYAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

>420,000 american dead
>450,000 british dead
>600,000 french dead

>7,000,000 german dead

>27,000,000 russian dead

Russia won the war. The rest of the """allied""" nations barely even participated.

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

they got a shit ton of supplies and a pretty good amount of distraction from the western and african front.

The Easy 8 is a piece of shit.

>kept pushing east

Against a battle hardened opponent that outnumbered the entirety of the Western Front 3:1 at the conclusion of the war. There's a reason they decided fighting the Reds was a bad idea.

Yeah but we were sending the russians loads of shit. Should have kept it to minimum and cut it off when we finally landed in Europe. Then this whole soviet thing could have been avoided.

Rolling YOU VIETNAM FUCKIN SHITS

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Vietnam films are shit, maybe it's because I'm british but they are so boring and full of cliches

Distraction and Happy Meal toys. Zhukov was a
useless twat and Rokossovsky was an asshole.

>God saves the queen starts playing

also rolling

The only number you need to look up is GERMANS KILLED BY COUNTRY.

look that up.

the russians were part of the allies. This is something memory holed by both americans and commies

>tfw no iran vs iraq film kino

possibly the most violent and horrific war of the 20th century, maybe even more so than ww1.

also would be easy as fuck oscar bait. no idea why we haven't gotten a big budget kino about it yet.

we'll miss you user

>a journalist at a crime scene takes pictures with better cinematographic features than 99% of hollywood films these days
I know it's tragic that the man was murdered, but that shot (no pun intended) is beautiful. I would support a "Best Cinematography" Oscar for a film that had that in it.

another thing memory holed by commies was when the commies and nazis were allies and tore apart poland together

wait what happened? thats real?

yeah, they just were waiting to see who'd shoot first.
Poland stronk

I don't know what you mean. It was the biggest armed conflict in human history, and probably the best documented. Of course people are going to be fascinated with it.
Korea warfags need not apply. Vietnamgirls don't even bother speaking to me.

t. commie university professor

I watched a screenwriting video from the guy that wrote glengarry glen ross, it was striking how often his jewishness and the oppression of jews came up.
I don't think there's anything wrong with there being a lot of jews in hollywood, just like there's a lot of greeks in shipping, but if WW2 permiates so much of your thoughts that you can't explain a 3 act structure without bringing it up, and a lot of the people in the business feel the same way, and it was a huge historical event, then it's bound to get more of an outing than WW1.

They WERE the allies. Market Garden and the battle of the Kasserine Pass proved the Americans and British where fucking rookies.

Angry Syrian was working as a security guard at an art show, where a Russian ambassador was visiting.
Angry Syrian dude yelled "this is for Syria" and killed the ambassador.

theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/19/russian-ambassador-to-turkey-wounded-in-ankara-shooting-attack

>iran-iraq war

OH BOY HERE WE GO.

Not WW2, just the American parts of it.

I thought he was just some turk sympathetic to IS. Russia was helping relieve syria of Jihadis like him

>No good Punic war movies (No Battle of Cannae or razing of Carthage)
>No good WWI movies with the Battle of the Somme
>No good Hasburg-Ottoman war movies with awe inspiring Hussar rush during the Battle of Vienna
>No good movies of the Australian Emu war

Who cares if bunch of russian subhumans die?
Allies did the smart thing and let the white niggers fight each other out

Napoleonic Wars is the kino setting of war movies. Medieval and modern eras are too played out.

Damn, I need to read up on this war.

It's metal as fuck and criminally unknown in the west. Whilst we were busy watching Who Framed Roger Rabbit the Iraqis and Iranians were stuck in the middle of a meat grinder that honestly makes WWI look kind of tame.

>being such an infantile moron you aren't even aware that a Russian ambassador was murdered

Do us all a favor and don't vote or voice your opinion on politics because you're a glib goy numale

We should've let Patton take the 3rd east, nuked the Soviets and the Communist Chinks, allied with Chiang Kai-shek, and divided up Russia making the western side Poland, and the Eastern side part of China

what's up with the haircuts?

Undercuts and mohawks were in style for US servicemen during WWII, particularly paratroopers and tankers. Partly because they're trying to emulate Native Americans, partly because they're tankers and long hair is obviously a bad idea in that kind of environment.

Forgot my image because i'm dumb.

>In May 2016, HBO announced that they will produce a miniseries based on Kubrick's screenplay with Cary Fukunaga as director.

Capitaine Conan 1996

Often entire units would adopt the same hairstyle to enhance cohesion.

And this is how you look like white trash, people. Utter filth on the planet that should be marched into a wood chipper for the betterment of society.

White Trash, everyone.. White filth.

the best war scene in any movie is the civil war charge in The Good,The Bad and The Ugly.

This thread needs more Soviet-Afghan war.

For fucks sake do people never learn?

Even Patton couldn't have defeated russia. You cant just fucking invade russia, it never works.

Also, the US didn't even have any nukes left by the time the opportunity arose for the US to potentially invade russia. It would have been a fucking meat grinder of a war and would have accomplished little.

>Anti Jewish Nazi Germany
BAD BAD PEOPLE, DON'T EVEN QUESTION EM, JUST KILL EM
>Communists in Vietnam
IT'S A FUCKING TRAGEDY WHAT HAPPENED THERE! A TOTAL MISTAKE
>Communists in Korea
*crickets*
>WW1, the white genocide/massacre
*crickets*

>muh 6 gorrllian

This is why people hate jews, the jews think they were the only group to ever be genocided.
Also americans saved the jews in ww2 and how are they repayed? Jews push a bunch of degenerate sjw kike shit in the media.

>supplies
Here have some Sherman and P-39. Soviets still uses T-34 and Yak-3.

>flicks
WW2

>movies
US Civil War

>cinema
Vietnam

>kino
WW1

You guys need to take the red pill. Turkish and Russian relationships are improving, CIA wants to intervene uses gulen worshipper to kill a ruskie.

Majdanek concentration camp

>The Soviets initially estimated the number of deaths, claiming at the Nuremberg Trials in July 1944 that there were no fewer than 400,000 Jewish victims, and the official Soviet count was of 1.5 million victims of different nationalities

that's a genocide

oh wait...

>The official estimate of 78,000 victims, of those 59,000 Jews, was found in 2005 by Tomasz Kranz, director of the Research Department of the State Museum at Majdanek

That's a Starvation deathcount when the allies fucked up the german supply lines.

Fuck the 6 million meme, so bullshit.

user since you seem to be well-read on tihs war tell us: who was in the wrong there? Iran or Iraq?

Because WW2 had a profound impact on American society, it's why there are also many A. Civil War movies too. It gave Americans a deep change in cultural and political outlooks towards their relationship in the world, from an isolationist power to that of a superpower that was actively contesting global hegemony with an ideological enemy. That fascination probably has died down in favor of "lel, KELLEN NAHTZEES" which is fine for video games and the sort, but it does obviously become trite if they can't add something new (Dunkirk, for example is nice, and I still want a proper WW2 US Submariner done on someone like O'Kane). Probably why Vietnam War is probably also highly used, it had a profound, lasting impact on how American society viewed themselves. However, several other wars have had been used in movies beyond straight war movies. We have movies like Behind Enemy Lines, Black Hawk Down, a few War on Terror movies, Master and Commander etc. You're also only looking at Hollywood, I'm fairly certain that other countries (Such as China, India, Russia, Europoors) have movies released locally and in native tongue about movies. Spain, for example, has movies about the Spanish Civil War.

There's also the fact if we don't look at other media (Books, TV, etc.) we discount the existence of M.A.S.H., the obvious large selection of books, Blackadder, etc.