>"Technology has made us more distant and alienated"
or
>"What if technology had human rights?"

Is this a total dead-end genre?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Caves_of_Steel
372pages.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There's so little cyberpunk material out there that it's only just now starting to exhaust those two tropes.

How about:
>AI is dangerous and will kill/replace us
Already done by the Matrix and the Terminator series I know, but that is another storyline you didn't mention.

>Hero uncovers global jew AI conspiracy and joins them in the end

>not going dark age

lmao @ ur life

Robot film noir with cyberpunk aesthetics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Caves_of_Steel

>More recently, Akiva Goldsman has been hired to produce a movie.[2]

>Playing as Jesus
>AI offers you Ascension to become a god
Lamo at your life, you worthless tree hugging sap.

FLIP IT :

Techonology is only prominent in poor neighborhoods.
rich people live on huge protected farms growing their own food and living at one with nature and god

Akira and GITS don't really do that much. I mean, I guess GITS has the 'what if robots was a humens' thing going on, but the story itself is mostly about hacking.

So avatar or anything with a noble savage storyline.

You could make it transcendental/transhumanist like Ghost in the Shell or Blade Runner.

>technology turns everyone into a nostalgiafag

I watched that HBO documentary on Spielberg. wtf happened, he used to be good

>"Technology can make men gods, but is that a good thing?"

Somebody explain this book's popularity to me.

re*dit

>Somebody explain this book's popularity to me.

Lol I was born in 2000 but 80s lol so retro epic xd

Nostalgia bomb basically, it's written so hamhanded too, no joke it reads like

"he jumped into the Delorean from Back to the Future and raced after the bad guys who were in the General Lee from Dukes of Hazzard, leaning out the window he fired the Auto 9 from Robocop. This was going to be...trouble."

Go back to its anti-corporate, fuck the system roots. That's what the punk is for, isn't it?
It can have a plot as simple as an 80's action movie but throw in some neon visuals combined with future technology and edgy atmosphere and I'll love it.

Ghost in The Shell.
>Technology has made us closer than ever, so much so that it's erasing the boundaries of "self"
>Technology has made us better in every possible way, but also vulnerable in new ways
>People are under tremendous pressure to undergo cyberization, shedding their natural born bodies in order to maintain a competitive edge
>AIs are indistinguishable from human minds, some human minds exist purely in a digital form
While it's not Cyberpunk, Iain M. Banks has some of the best ideas regarding the organization of a post scarcity society and the role of technology and AIs

Theres a podcast where Mike Nelson reads RP1 and gives his thoughts on it. It's worth a listen.
372pages.com/

>"Technology has made us more distant and alienated"
what about going in the other direction, technology has brought us uncomfortably close together and has to deal with becoming a kind of proto hive mind

not sure it would be cyberpunk really but id watch it

>technology upending the social order

>technology being used to reinforce class distinctions

>changes in technology lead to a re-examination of basic human rights

Buy any spec script, shoehorn in one of the above, then mix in an already established genre. Amp up the darkness by 40%, the grittiness by 200%.

Pose a hackneyed existential question of the audience

Dumb it down just enough so audiences get it but still feel smart for getting it.

Bam, done.

when did i say rich people were the good guys?

>GITS has the 'what if robots was a humens' thing going on

what the fuck
do you have double digit IQ?

So like Nerve meets Black Mirror?

I have double IQ.

I went dark age the first time, and then I realized there's probably a reason why it's supported by organized crime.

God it is

> Lovecraftian
> Cyberpunk
> Noir

What's with amateur screenwriters and these genres?

>technology changes mankind
That's what it boils down to. You can't exhaust that

>What's with amateur screenwriters and these genres?

It takes an otherwise pedestrian as fuck story and gives it a veneer of uniqueness.

>a cyberpunk film about a robot rock band trying to write a hit song but the songwriter robot gets his songwriting core stolen the night before the big show

Chappie 2?

You can't take inspiration from any other Cyberpunk media because all of those other stories hit a little too close to home for some organizations.

>a cyberpunk film about a new FTL ship, the largest ever made
>the wealthy upper class have cabins
>the poor are kept in filthy, lightless holds
>a girl from the upper class has an accidental run-in with a poor boy who snuck out of the holds
>they have a brief romance before disaster strikes the ship's hyperdrives.
>while the ship is slowly imploding the jealous fiancee of the girl tries to hunt down and kill the poor boy
>in the end, the boy sacrifices himself by securing the last rescue pod for the girl
>the movie ends with the girl, now an old woman joined to an expedition to find the wreckage, reminiscing about the grandeur of the ship and her fleeting love.

Jesus turned down Satan's offer to rule the world you know, and some (((people))) argue he was what brought upon the supposed Dark Ages.

Crime thriller in a cyberpunk setting without making AI a focal point

Cyberpunk romantic comedy where the female lead is actually Cthulhu.

>Cthulu is also a replicant. That's the twist.

Almost Human?

Have you never read the founding fathers of cyberpunk?
William Gibson and Neal Stephenson.

Their novels are more about society, capitalism, and how advance tech will allow them to oppress the fuck out of us.

Well an obvious direction would be technology being everywhere and in everyone bringing us closer and those who monitor all this being corrupt fucks (corporations and their government slave).

Just make something positive about the pros and cons of the future. Quality of life improvements, actual good versions of all those bluetooth coffee brewers and appliances that link into your brain instead, public transportation would be almost unbearable thanks to population density if not for being able to escape to VR news during the morning commute, your office has been remodeled for ergonomic and space-saving maximum efficiency but it's boiled down to you sit/standing in a harness with half-keyboards on your wrists in a closet-sized box, someone got an eye replacement that's gone out so they're blind for the day, etc.