CLARA IS THE BEST NUWHO COMPANION

No, Doctor CUTE.

Forgot to link the PREVIOUS THREAD

Wipe one Capaldi episode from history, /who/

I vote for Hell Bent.

In the forest of the night

Lie of the Land

Sleep No More

Briggs, pls release time war 8. I already bought it for the discount today off the discounted prerelease price and am hype.

Release date has been revealed my friend, it comes out this Thursday (for me, might be a Wednesday for you). BF sometimes do randomly release things early though!

It's not even that bad but I have to say The Eaters of Light. Because there's nothing really exceptional about the content of the episode itself, and none of the surrounding episodes would be affected by its absence.

What if we had ideas that could think for themselves?

What if one day our dreams no longer needed us?

Thursday? Aww. What am I gonna do until thursday? Im bored with jodi posting, ducktales doesnt premiere a new episode for 3 hours and shit trips discussion doesnt start until tomorrow. What if I get bored and need a television set or a couple of books? A game of chess? ...bring me knitting.

Great lines, but its link to the plot of the episode it features in is tenuous at best. Classic Moff.

i vote for you to fuck off

Your wish is my command!

What's /who/ with you
and how are you feeling today?

Its the eyes on the statue that make it fucking creepy

Reading a VNA (reminder that books), and I am very happy indeed!

I think the Ood is really cute at least

i feel strangely attuned to life's banalities
how about you?

you have seemed cheerier lately

Moffat should probably have saved the "sentient idea" thing for a new monster, instead of trying to graft it onto the Angels. It would have been a hit. I still like the TV scene and the mind-Angel plot device though.

I'm okay I guess.

I came home drunk, sticky, and covered in blood. So it was a good night.

When do the 10 audios come out? I just know they come out next month, what should I expect in terms of wait time for shipping from the UK to Canada?

t. Edge

Oop! Forgot my trip, but yep.

Why is my immune system so shit, /who/? Every year, around the same month I get the worst fucking cold possible. It's a week of hell.
It's just lack of drinking orange juice and exercise? I mean, Jesus Christ.

Anyway I started the famous Curse of Fenric and the first episode is legit stuff. Powerful fucking ending.
(If there's one good thing about having to stay in bed all day is that at least I can watch comfy classic who.)

None, cos even bad Capaldi Who is worth watching for kinopaldi.

Knock Knock, setting had potential but story and characters were shit not to mention everyone comes back life in the end

No specific date announced yet friend, and they might not reveal one at all. They will probably reveal what week it comes out, the week before it comes out.

Does Big Finish still do the thing where people who pre order sometimes get CDs that are signed? I have a friend that preordered a CD and it was signed by Tom Baker.

Afraid I'm not the one to ask that really, the first time I ever brought a CD from them was literally yesterday, kek
Sounds cool though. Imagine if you got one!!!

What CD did you buy?

I would have got Piper to sign it at FanExpo if it had come out earlier. I wanted to get the limited edition 10/Donna audios but the week I finally got the money for them they sold out :/

If any Anons have ever gotten a signed CD, let me know!

outfit reveal when

Never. Ian Levine and Kris Marshall are going to band together due to the fact that Doctor Who has mortally betrayed them both and they're going to suicide bomb the studio, canceling the show before S11 can even begin production

How long until Ian Lavine loses it and starts the production of a music video entitled 'doctor in a dress'

what's the bettin that Levine will be trolling every DW news article and episode review when s11 starts?

I unironically want him to become S11's biggest, loudest detractor just because it would be goddamn hilarious when everyone starts paying attention to him and they hear him accusing the BBC of being ungrateful and profiting off of his labor with Shada and the missing episodes.

Honestly, the funniest way the Levine situation could pan out is if he ends up watching Whittaker and liking her.

>mfw during filming Jodie accidentally finds the tapes of the missing episodes

Remember that time in 2013 where Levine said no more missing episodes would ever be found, a few months before the Enemy/Web haul?

Remember Ian Levine trying to make a fucking Eight Doctors adaptation of all things?

My two favourites, Scherzo and The Natural History of Fear, because they're about to go out of print, and are on a deliciously inviting sale.

Ooh wait, what edition of the 10/Rose audios are you getting? The big fancy one??

>Remember Ian Levine trying to make a fucking Eight Doctors adaptation of all things
lmao what the fuck?

I know right? I first heard of it a few days back when I was idly googling some Eight Doctors stuff after reading the book. Came across this

trekbbs.com/threads/ian-levines-downtime-re-shoots-whatever-happened.218857/

Where people were talking about how Levine doesn't like "fanfiction" stuff like Big Finish and is only interested in "real" Who that wasn't made/finished. But the Eight Doctors...that wasn't ever going to be made right? Someone posited that:

>Eight Doctors its posssible to imagine that for the briefest of moments they (BBC Video) might have considered some sort of video speical having the 8th Doctor viewing old memories or even being inserted into old clips - Forest Gump was fresh in peoples minds back then - but it really would only have been for the briefest of moments before being ruled out. But Ian happened to hear it at the time, it seems. Despite no one else hearing it!

Bizarre, bizarre line of thinking. So Levine's privately commissioned an animation of it.

twitter.com/ianlevine/status/351285947796697089

And here it is (a preview at least, all he can legally show)...starts at 27:34

youtu.be/-4650h76xLk

Yeah. I don't have many words for it either.

When you said animation, I imagined like a cartoon. Not...that.

Kek I don't really know what to call it, a recon of an episode never made (or even planned to be)?
I can actually kinda see how The Eight Doctors appeals to Levine's sensibilities, it's complete closure-plugging fanwank breaking a bunch of stories in the name of """fixing""" continuity.

I'm one minute into the eight doctors bit what the fuck is this? I haven't read the book but is it this retarded?

It's worse

It's not the best, but Levine's version is certainly worse

What companion is the biggest PAWG?

check the last thread, then go away

Kill The Moon

We are the Daleks, and this is our song!
We are very naughty, and we like to do wrong!

Reminder that Nigel Rochester did nothing wrong.

Identify.

Not enough to go by surely

>Nigel's habit of collecting dwarves was based on Frederick William I, King in Prussia, who had an obsession with collecting giants and would parade them up and down as toy soldiers until they dropped down dead.

That's not what a true fan would say!

The Time of the Doctor

Nope.

Hint: the filename contains the timecode of this frame within the episode.

Amok Time

What Bowie song should 12 regenerate to? Changes?

Listen?

Instrumental Marigold version of rebel rebel

Lazarus.

Just a quick subtle bit of Heroes like how 11s had a bit of the akhaten song would be kino

twitter.com/PhilSandifer/status/921022697001422850

reee so is based mortimore!

Mortimore has written even fewer audios than Shearman.

reeeeeeeeee

twitter.com/PhilSandifer/status/920130392023281664

Lie of the Land?

Shearman ain't the only writer who's used the medium itself specifically as a strength

retarded

Dare you question the correctness of Dr Phil Sandifer, Lord of All Rightness?

No and no.

Since this one is extra fiendish I'll give you another frame.

>Knock Knock, setting had potential but story and characters were shit not to mention everyone comes back life in the end
I'm still furious about Knock Knock. I was really looking forward to that one. It had all the things I love about a DW story, haunted house, base under siege, the mystery of the unexplained knocks and creaks of the house.
Not even the phenomenally based David Suchet could save that episode.

t. Nilso

twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/887320548996509697

You know how people want another Nardole comic relief companion? I vote for Frank Skinner.
He's a great comedian and an enormous fan of the show and it would be his dream come true.

He played the engineer in the Mummy on the Orient Express episode, and he still raves on about being on the show to this day.

Mummy on the Orient Express?

I think it was fairly obvious that the recharacterization of Capaldi was backpeddling, but it still turned out 100% kino

But he wasn't there. He only cowrote a series 8 episode. He wasn't part of S9 or S10 when the evolution of the character happened.

Yep, that tank entrance was great. Everyone loved it. Even Capaldi.

*eyeroll*

He probably just heard gossip. That's Gareth.

I mean, I'm sure PCaps had a hell of a time filming it

Oh the behind the scenes of Dark Eyes 2 (which Skinner is in) he talks about how he walked into the studios with an EDA to read in between takes or something, and how flabbergasted BF were at how much of a huge fan he was.

He was probably privy to the reaction of the production team and people involved in the show when the general reaction to 12 in Series 8 was, shall we say mixed at best

But... it was great, I'm not sure what the eyeroll is for

Probably, but even he's admitted he thought it was a bit stupid at first.

I doubt it. That's not how the writer system for Doctor Who is set up. The most he could have heard is gossip.

You don't think Gareth was in touch with other writers and people involved with the show? Okay.

(I also believe he had an episode in Series 9, in early planning stages, which was dropped.)

Not really, that's not how writing an episode for the show works, especially since his was co-written by Moffat. He's certainly within Doctor Who circles enough to hear gossip, but it's not there is a consistent writers room for him to be in, or any reason for him to ever be onset for The Caretaker or anything.

Care to link to anything about this Series 9 claim? Have not heard that before.

>le capaldi had no silly moments in series 8 maymay

But which EDA?

Some people were very upset about Capaldi's Doctor being silly, even briefly. Enough that they interpreted it as some sort of radical do-over of his entire character.

Are you gonna make me listen to an hour long behind the scenes track again to find out?
It was The Bodysnatchers

which episode is this from?