Says god isn't real multiple times

>says god isn't real multiple times
>but the devil is real

is this a conundrum?

if the devil exists in this show then god must exist

>reddit and memey

Because there's absolutely no evidence that he was the devil. None at all.

*sigh*

>devil exists in this show then god must exist
No it doesn't.

*le sigh

are u retarded?

Because Rick's perspectives are on a multiversal level.

Satan and God of one dimension are not omnipotent powers, a soul that can be understood and destroyed is not an immortal magical thing.

Rick disbelieves in the philosophies of morality, and anything mystical or beyond understanding.

Put simply; to Rick a "wizard" is a scientist, a deity is just a really powerful scientist. When frightened he prayed to an omnipotent god like most humans do when scared, but to Rick there is no proof in asingle all-encompassing creator; just an infinite small creators.

>if the devil exists in this show then god must exist

What the actual fuck are you talking about?

are you retarded? let me kick it to you old school

the devil is only the devil because he got outcasted by god

its like saying

if chocolate cake exists then chocolate bars must exist

You can have a malevolent entity exist in a setting and call it the devil without every fucking myth associated with the devil being true in that setting, you fucking monkey. I guess your stupid ass thinks the events of "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" must also be canon in Rick and Morty?

no you can't

So what you're saying is its Mephisto.

Except chocolate cake existed before chocolate bars. There was a big period of years where one existed and the other did not. You probably think chocolate chip cookies have existed for thousands of years too.

Really? You can't? If the Devil exists then that means the Bible, a book written by babyfucking chimps in the desert, must be 100% accurate on every detail of everything because it mentions the Devil in it?

If god were both benevolent and omnipotent, isn't the existence of a devil proof that god himself doesn't exist?

ya
cuz god likes people who do things them self
you would learn nothing if someone did everything for you

Not if the Devil is part of the whole benevolent plan. When morality is defined as "whatever God says you should do," then every action he takes would be good by definition.

Rick literally acts as God, creating an entire population of beings. He doesn't see himself as God.

Nah, he's just an anti-theist. He knows God exists, but is so filled with bitter cynicism that he actively chooses to deny it.

except for the fact that he literally uses magic

>im sure christian apologetics has never deal with this question before

You clearly have no idea how cakes are made. There's this stuff called cocoa powder.

This

>let me kick it to you old school

>intelligent, nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor
>oh yeah lol i believe in the devil

why the fuck do people watch this show is beyond me

not even trolling even though you'll see this as one

Didn't Rick start praying in one episode?

>says there is no god
>bitches at family for disrespecting Christmas, which he loudly professes is Jesus Christs birthday.

if you haven't figured out that Rick is one of those mythical "I really couldn't care less" atheists, then you probably never will.

do you need to know how a cake is made to eat it?

and that my friend is why i believe in god up above amen

Because it's funny, and occasionally thought provoking

this, it really makes me think

This. Rick is the kind of atheist that could meet God and not believe in him.

>i watch it for the plot

Wow. That actually makes a lot of sense.

Rick's just an asshole. I think that brilliant episode where reality got broken up into a million pieces summed it up perfectly
rick prays when he's about to die
then when he manages to save himself, flips off god
it's not any kind of message, either on rick's part or the writers'

Eating cake isn't the same as asserting you know how it's made when you don't, which is what you did. Kind of like how you don't require possession of logic to claim you know what you're talking about.

the ass hurt from you is astronomical

did your parents beat you because you didn't pray before dinner?

>calls rick and anti-theist
>thinks anti-theist means you believe in god but actively deny it

I made the term up to suit my needs. I'm sure there's some small niche of humanity who already refer to themselves that way. There always is.

Not ass hurt, just a fellow autist.

Well... he does play the fiddle in that episode.
What else could that be a reference to?

If you have a link to an actually valid theodicy, I'd love to see it.

Just google the Catholic Church's stance on why evil exists

Devil But No God.

Its a TVTrope.

Don''t think about it too much.

He doesn't use magic, he has a magic shop, and that doesn't make him the devil.

The devil created the world and is effectively god, an evil god that makes us all suffer

>if chocolate cake exists then chocolate bars must exist
Are we playing Runescape here?

And besides, even in stories where He's real God never gets involved. For whatever reason.

Just leave, Boco. Just go...

What part of "infinite possibilities do you not understand? There are universes where God and the devil exist together, some where only one of them exist, and others where neither of them exist, and ones where the deities and demons of different religions exist instead.

>"

>implying God and the Soul aren't extra-universal concepts

I bet you think all those Morty's each have their own soul, too.

Why this time?

literally untrue by the most basic definitions of both character and the implicit rules of the text. crack a book for once in your life, you drooling chimp.

There is nothing that says an entity that calls itself the Devil requires a antithesis to exist.

Boco shouldn't your cancer have taken away your ability to post?

I have cancer?

Well, if I had to find out, I'm glad it was from Sup Forums.

Because the Devil is a much more interesting character concept than the Biblical God, which is almost always too perfect for semi-realistic interactions.

The Lucifer archetype (first and greatest of the creator's children, yet rebels and is cast out) is one with interesting variances in morality and sympathy. Fuck, that's how we can have a supernatural crime drama that stars Satan as a main character.

>if the devil exists in this show then god must exist
Why?

Because Christians have simple minds.

>Never read Paradise Lost or even any of the texts from the Quran, Bible or Talmud

How is it possible to be this much of a phillistine?

rick when he says there is no god, doesn't mean there literally isn't a god. what rick means when he says there is no god is that "god's a dick who doesn't give a fuck about you."

he literally starts praying in the season 2 opener when he thinks he isn't going to make it. rick knows god is there he just means god's a dick who doesn't care if you live or die.

I think the strongest evidence for this is the episode with the mini-verse, as well as the first episode of the second season.

Rick really acts like there's a god.

And yet he pray to God when he was about to die.

Was just about to post this.