JSA Storytime: Majestic

Good evening owls,

but wait there's more

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/GailSimone/status/821314738613170177
cbr.com/jeff-lemire-final-old-man-logan-arc-wolverine/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hoot hoot!

I have read literally nothing today, what's good?

>DC civilians instinctively know what kind of world this dude comes from and clear the fuck out

Ultimates. And, uh...

Nothing

Hello, Storyteller.

... Um, JLvsSS was okay. Trinity is boring as fuck.

I enjoyed the Ray one shot a lot

so one of those weeks

is Madge the most polite husbando?

Descender was good, I haven't read anything else.

Look at that patrician coffee-drinker

So the Lion Forge editor dude who went on that tear about Way, today's hit was "Why is it that the Latina GL is the fearful one, hmmm, why is that", ignoring the response he got about how much she means to a lot of people.

yes

USAvengers was okay, even if the thread ended up devolving into why the guy who's gimmick is "He's a future pirate" is a Trump parody.

Superman was good

Comixology dropped the solicits yesterday, and people have started peeking through them. Clean Room appears to be dead for now

Clean Room (2015-) #18
Season One of CLEAN ROOM finishes with a literal big bang as the walls of reality come crashing down!
Everything Astrid Mueller has tried to build is on fire, and she is nowhere to be seen, as the true monsters are revealed at last. A mind-bending climax to this acclaimed series’ first epic tale!

Simone was quick to tweet about it
twitter.com/GailSimone/status/821314738613170177

Wait, no, Wendell is more polite, but he's the pinnacle

I need to pick up Curse Words and that Nick Pitarra TMNT issue

Oh, solicits! Being Nate is suffering!

>noooooo shiiiiiit

JLvsSS was definitely better than the last issue. So was Batman.

It's weird, I found it kinda flat because what happens to The Ray w/ his powers is pretty extreme but the book and he are just kinda, it happens?

"Why'd they make him gay? I never gave a shit about this character until I heard they altered him a bit pretty much because nobody gave a shit about him, but now I am outraged! Fucking Tumblr!"

>Season One
>Season two
not exactly holding my breath for season two to actually materialize, just in case, but I'm glad she at least said as much

The fully-released-by-press solicitations are supposed to drop next week, but comixology already has them up (for DC at least). Unfollow also looks like it is ending

Byrne is shit and I refuse to read it because of him.

Phil Jimenez RT'd a bit about how Marvel is realizing that they need to make you like Captain Marvel again, and so I found out that there are people who *don't* think she needs to be rehabbed from CW2.

that's a quality side-eye, Madge

I'm interested in how their superhero universe is gonna go. Still not really clear on their publishing schedule, but 7 books launching across 7 months right? I wonder what they need to sell to be considered successful.

Will at least check out the first Priest issue.

>It's weird, I found it kinda flat because what happens to The Ray w/ his powers is pretty extreme but the book and he are just kinda, it happens?
I dunno, I'm actually kinda glad they didn't dwell on specifics. it was good character setup

>Soule
user...

See also: the legion of pissed off Holly Robinson fans who didn't exist until today

Curse Words owned and is gonna go horrible places.

Well, it looked fine to me

>and so I found out that there are people who *don't* think she needs to be rehabbed from CW2.
There's the fans of fascist killjoy Carol and then there's the fans of Carol who think she can literally do no wrong

>Superman was good
It was serviceable. Basically nothing really happened in it to move the story. And that's one of the biggest problems with Tomasi's Superman. But at least his pacing isn't Rucka bad.

Speaking of Rucka how lame is it that the FCBD issue is just a Rucka reprint

Like I guess it makes sense since WW is coming out this year but still, couldn't they pick something less dull

user's overview really did make it sound ersatz newuniversal

Hah!

This is in the "it's all planned to show off how right our YAAS QUEEN is" category

I've been a Holly fan since Brubaker's run, champ. That guy is the only reason she has fans. However, I was perfectly content for her to disappear because a character in limbo is better than a not muh, i.e. King's.

I already read it on here and it's a hell of a lot better than any of his Marvel work. Although I did actually like She Hulk

>Holly Robinson
>that other chick who was Catwoman for like five minutes
Pfft. Okay, I'll bite. Why are her "fans" pissed off?

>I've been a Holly fan since Brubaker's run, champ
Just like I'm sure everybody complaining is!

So with Madge, there is no Clark Kent side to him. Which was a very deliberate choice, but a limiting one.

I found the last one a lot better as character set up. Like, this dude was locked in a fucking empty house for 15 years or something? He escaped and exploded and was insubstantial for X amount of time, years? He never saw his cruel mom or other family bar again, or anyone bar the guy he'd been crushing on for a decade?

That's not exactly conventional and I would've gone on board more if the fucked-up bits weren't drifted past. Maybe it's just cause I don't know the character well.

OP I know Rucka has ruined Nicola's art for you but have a Nicola Artemis anyway

OP is a faggot

LOL KYLE

Ehhhh to each their own I suppose

It was HER who killed all those terrorists, not Catwoman! GASP!/spoiler]

That is a very Scott face

waifu is always waifu

but now that I really notice all the sameface, you know?

hi sugartits

Speaking of, on a meta level I really enjoy the dumb pun of Ultimates referencing the New Universe and being the book exploring what the new MU means.

Well I'm glad you acknowledge that she had fans before today then. This is likely a sign that Brubaker's readers are a far more sophisticated bunch than the average capefan, who keep begging for their C and D listers to make appearances in books, even if the books are awful.

Yeah I can understand that, but it had a lot of ground to cover in 20 pages and I thought it covered the basics well enough

If they get elaborated on more in JLA that'd be nice

saved

Woah, i'm not sure how i fucked that spoiler up

Sad droopy eyes on everyone.

Superman was good as usual.

The main draw of course is Browne.

>but now that I really notice all the sameface, you know?
it's always stuck out to me but I like her samebodys enough to look past it for the most part

I refuse to believe that a world with Lex Luthor in it would still be wasting precious lead on pencils.

The eyes are as distinctive as Dillon and Mahnke, with 500% more eyelashes, but I don't like them as much as eyes, IDK

pencils are graphite

Yeah, I think this is the one Rebirth book where I wouldn't mind a "once more, with feeling" revisitation of the actual Rebirth issue.

It'd be fun to see Madge have to try and pretend to be a human reporter though

that's our boy

>too liberal

just you wait, cough cough

Ha! Nice. Gotta say, clever way of pulling that fake out.

I'd empathize with this blatant character assassination, but these are Catwoman fans. Fuck 'em.

If you have to have a fascist dictator, Madge is about as good as it gets

his hands are clearly not small

Don't forget that since Holly is female but not actually in the book it's REMOVING HER AGENCY and since she's a lesbian it's ANTI-LGBT

USAvengers had a post-Zero Day Avengers team of Hulkling, Black Knight, Faiza and Guillotine simultaneously stab Thanos to death in a splash page. Strong contender for panel of the year, three Wednesdays in.

Ewing needs to be given Gruenwald level oversight over Marvel continuity. They NEED it. He can right their crooked course. I believe in the him that can save comics.

that sounds kinky, dang

....brb

Isn't letting her kill 100s of terrorists giving her agency?

Jeff Lemire is leaving OML at #24 with a new team taking over #25

cbr.com/jeff-lemire-final-old-man-logan-arc-wolverine/

Bunn saying he had an announcement a couple days ago makes me think he's the one taking over

>That business with the fault line

Take THAT, Gene Hackman version of Lex.

there's something really magisterial (hee!) about that floor-length full white cape, isn't there

He turned it to diamonds, meaning the writing material was pure carbon. Is graphite pure carbon as well?

yes

graphite is carbon arranged in sheets, yes

psst, lead is its own element. lead isn't carbon, graphite is

>dat beard
daddy

HUH NOW WHO COULD THAT BE

it's 100% okay by me to appropriate daddy in this instance

That sounds like a pretty good fit.

Are Lemire's non B2 works any good? Moon Knight, OML, and EXM are all incredibly dull.

It's a good way to make him a bit more distinct from Superman. And reflects on the idea of "why isn't he always Superman? Clark Kent is dumb. Glasses lol"

What if Wendell and Madge went out to dinner and each refused to let the other pay for the meal?

>Batman: The 12-Cent Adventure
Fuck offffff

make it happen, user

Raise your hand if you'd read a mini of S&S Madge fighting shit, drawn by Mike Grell

????

I haven't been reading that mini he's doing with Snyder or Descender, but Black Hammer is great

heh, yeah, whoops

Trillium kind of petered out

>Raise your hand if you'd read a mini of S&S Madge fighting shit, drawn by Mike Grell
I've never wanted anything more in my life

why can't we have things like that, hmm

Then I'd groan very loudly. That trite routine is comparable to getting bed bug bites on your dick.

> Bob Harris
> Incomparable editorial reign on the X-Men franchise

> Hey Bob sales are dropping
> but are they still high?
> yes
> fuck it then

why can't S&S be popular again? it's such a sexy genre

It's the beginning of War Games. I hate that story.

>This is pointless, and it's tearing my work apart. Ignorant Fool!

Madge, watch out there man. Your internal monologue is drifting into villain tropes.

Oh shit, it's Emp! Emp is best character.

It's also a genre that's been tweaked in feminist and yet still sexy ways since the 80s, says the girl with a complete paperback run of Sword and Sorceress

*raises hand*

Like most writers, his creator owned stuff is on par or much better than his big two stuff.

Sweet Tooth, Black hammer, and his new book with Snyder are good

wait, Madge was not for sexual

Pencil lead IS carbon