There are 11 movies in the saga: what are the must watch ones and the avoid ones?

there are 11 movies in the saga: what are the must watch ones and the avoid ones?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W7-uC0LDllM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1 and 2 are pure kino.
But I like 4 and 5 more than h20 and resurrection

1 and 3. You can also watch 2 because it's a direct sequel to the original. 4 is kinda fun, but nothing special.

3 because it tried something different
H20 for nostalgia and trying to be a sequel to 1 while ignoring the shitty rest

this is the peak slasher design

op here. So what do I do: I jump from 1 to 3 cause the second one is too bad? But the first guy said that one is kino too

>halloween 3
>good
I fucking hate this meme

1 is the only one worth watching. The rest of them are shit.

Watch whatever you want to watch but know that everything after the original is trash. People like 3 as le contrarian opinion.

Btw- the 1st one isn’t even that good tbqh

blunt but true

2 is mediocre but still miles ahead of the other garbage sequels, you can watch it or skip out on it because it's not that existential

>Halloween 1
>Halloween 1
>Halloween 1

Stop sucking Carpenter's cock, we all know only Rob Zombie did true Halloween kino

>mask somehow get's worse after every movie
how?

Watch 1 and 2 they're some of the best in the series. You can watch 4,5, & skip 6 but they're ignored in 7(H2O) which has a Scream 3 find of feel to it. 8 is abysmal but I'd still recommend it if only to cap off the series

The Zombie Remakes are take them or leave them. 1 was good but 2 was a trainwreck.

>Michael uses roughly the same mask over the years
>things break down with time

What about it do you not understand?

>Btw- the 1st one isn’t even that good tbqh
This. I actually like a lot of Carpenter's movies, and I don't doubt that this one was hugely influential, but it really does not hold up.
Also, are there any legitimately good slasher movies or is the whole genre hopeless?

The second one isn't that bad but it's just a generic slasher. Nothing special or interesting, but it continues the story (it starts right after the first one).

Halloween 3 is a completely different film, not connected to the series. It has great gore effects and amazing synth soundtrack.

it's about the mask looking dumb/goofy as fuck.

2 is a serviceable sequel. The introduction scene is great.
Can't really compare 3 to the rest of the series, but its a fun standalone story.
4, 5, and 6 have interesting bits of backstory here and there, but are otherwise generic slashers. The peak of this trilogy is 5, with 6 being the worst.
I haven't bothered with the rest, as they seem like shameful attempts at modernizing the series with 90s themes, technology, and actors.
The first remake is decent enough, but unnecessarily violent. Michael is a psycho, we get it but some scenes are nothing but hollow shock value.
The second remake goes off the rails. Slutty, Scout Taylor-Compton and Danielle Harris make up for it somehow.

Rob Zombie is a hack

I can't argue with that

Malcolm McDowell was cool as Loomis, that's really the only positive thing I have to say about Zombie

youtube.com/watch?v=W7-uC0LDllM

1 is kino, 2 is good, 3 is interesting, the rest is unnecessary crap.

1 > 2 > 4 > 5 > 7 > 3 > 8 > 6
fuck Rob Zombie

I haven't given them all a chance, but the ones I've seen have been a waste of time.

Watch: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, H20, Remake, Remake 2

Skip: Resurrection

Watch separately: 3

It's mostly a pretty good series. 5 and 6 aren't great, but they're good enough and have good Donald Pleasance stuff. Resurrection is the only one I'd say to avoid entirely.