Let's place Sup Forums characters on the political compass

Let's place Sup Forums characters on the political compass

The opposite of authoritarian is liberal. Libertarian is a stupid word.

ib4 Sup Forums

This won't end well...

I don't understand left, right, or any shit like that

I'm 25

Keep it to South Park threads, Sup Forums

I know he's technically a shit meme but he is the poster boy for the very bottom libertarian right.

Won't end well for YOU

TINY DICK

These never work. You know that Batman is authoritarian bordering on fascist as far as crime goes, but he clearly doesn't give a shit about social issues. Where do put someone like that?

Here, this explains it.

But what if I don't identify with any of these!

I wish my parents raised me to be political instead of being a white-washed disgrace to my heritage

>But what if I don't identify with any of these!
Then you're like almost every other human being on the planet.

Libertarian represents economic liberalism as well as social.

Saying "liberal" can mean one or both. Libertarian only means both.

10/10

Am...am I supposed to make a Bane joke now?

Economic left is wanting to take money from everyone and giving it to those less fortunate.
Economic right is giving everyone the right to use their money to give to those less fortunate if they choose to.

Liberal only means both, don't try to justify a new gay word for something that's existed for hundreds of years.

No, you make Ant-Man jokes because like him, your dick is subatomic.

Liberal as a descriptor has been coopted by the progressive statist movement and no longer carries the same connotation that it did when, say, George Washington hoped that future generations would be more liberal than his own. What is commonly recognized as liberal, today, falls somewhere northward of the authoritarian left quadrant on OP's grid.

Not quite.

Economic right is about no restriction or requirement. Economic left is about minimizing abuse and maintaining mobility.

The ec right laments their children working in sealed factories. Ec left forces factories to pay into their education for the right to exist in the country.

The ec right wants the market to choose what is bad for folks; if lead is toxic, surely nobody would buy it! (Its their fault for needing it spelled out on the box that it has lead, somehow). The ec left doesn't want goods to be allowed in from third world countries that put children in factories and give them lead cups to drink from.

Ah. Well played.

No it doesn't. You can be a conservative and believe in economic safety nets or a liberal who's anti-weed.

A Libertarian can only be against safety nets and pro-weed.