Makes 7 amazing films in a row

>makes 7 amazing films in a row
How does he do it?

To accept Villeneuve as a quality director is to garb yourself in a coat of hot pockets and video games and then writh around on the ground in a supermarket while screaching and slapping yourself on the sides of your head.

He is cheeto dust. Nothing more.

Nothing more than a hack, a useful tool for studios to trot out to say "Hey, we're making art house!" I cannot wrap my head around the adulation he receives, let alone the wide praise this has got. The film trudges from set piece to set piece, leaves us no real questions or anything to think about really.

The worst part however was Deakins "look at me i'm acting!" cinematography. This poor sap has become a parody of himself to appease his internet fans(much like Refn after Drive)

The same bullet that kills a capeshit fan will also kill the Villeneuve and Paul Thomas Anderson fan. They come from the same root, from the same doritos stained console. They are frauds, and as a warrior of cinema it's my duty to expose the fakes and the inauthentic when I see them. I will fight with crawls and teeth until the last imposter is fallen to the ground

I have about as much respect for denis villeneuve as I do for the dogshit on my shoe. It is reddit. It is video game hotpocket. It is capeshit. It is cheeto dust. I'm literally screaming right now and slamming my arms down on my desk just thinking about it.

It is the most depraved video game infantilized manchild degeneracy. It is saturday morning cartoon. It is non-neurotypicality. It is memes. It is video game. It is tarantino. It is imdb.

>Inb4 plebs say Arrival wasn't good

>all flops
The modern Ed Wood

>literal capeshit

easily
you only watch capeshit and anything slightly above it impresses you haha

>Literal capeshit
>Is literally not capeshit

He's the new Nolan. He makes movies that look nice and seem substantial to the stupid people in the audience, but in the end they are all ultimately meaningless, dull, and impersonal.

>All flops
>Still given huge projects with good budgets
I'll take it

Who are those other two?

What went wrong?

jesus christ just stay in your general

Arrival was not good. Enemy was shit.

Just say it faggot

With Mission impossible? Nothing.

>Be Vilanueva
>Given huge amounts of funding to make a nu wars equivelant nostalgia fest to appeal to the LCD summer flick crowd with no attention span.
>Say fuck it and create a 3 hr long detective sci fi masterpiece that appeals more to neets on Sup Forums
>Doesnt perform very well but will be renowned for many decades to come

He cant keep getting away with it. Also 4 hour directors cut release when?

this is all true and especially this part
>It is the most depraved video game infantilized manchild degeneracy. It is saturday morning cartoon. It is non-neurotypicality. It is memes. It is video game. It is tarantino. It is imdb.

Jesus, that image gave me cancer

Prisoners is his only good film, and that's only really because of Axeman and Gyllenhaal.

Prisoners
46 million Budget, $122,126,687 gross
Arrival
46 million dollar budget, $203,388,186 gross
Sicaro 30 million budget $84,872,444 Gross

That is the power of the dole dippers

you might want to consider suicide friend

Prisoners was good with fucked up pacing. BR 2049 was good with also sludgy pacing, I'm starting to see a pattern her.

Nothing hes made is good

"I didn't vant samone else to FUCKD it up"

then goes and fucks up blade runner

weak b8

There are more good ones than bad ones. Based Cruise.

it really wasn't

Everything he's made is good

>not using meme arrows
Are you from ebaums?

I would hardly called them amazing.

N

Only if you watch a handful of films a year