/BRG/ Blade Runner 2049 General

You're a Special Joe edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WcLzUZSGT6Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck this scene got me anxious as hell the second time around, It's so quiet but you know exactly what's gonna happen and you cant do a thing to stop it

tfw Im a good boy

bump

His version looked just like the billboard.
He literally used her default settings.

He was a simple Joe but a special one at that

Can Replicants lie to anyone but their superior? I get that he couldnt lie to madame, but he lied to Deccard when they first met about hearing the piano

Anyone else think that it flies by the second time around?

I felt it heavier in my first screening

this, I had to take a piss half way through first time, took a leak right before the opening this time around. Knowing what happens does make it go faster unfortunately

its oedipal. she's a mother figure

I think he only bought her within a few days of the events of the movie.

When she calls him out for reading "Pale Fire", that would be the sort of things that comes up right away. It's not an easy book to read and someone with the inquisitive mind of K would pore over that book trying to find meaning in the post-trauma baseline phrase he was given. If she sees him reading it all the time, she wouldn't point it out to him.

The ceiling-mounted emanator in his apartment is all shitty, so it probably came with the apartment.

Say a week before the movie, he buys a Joi, thinking that he could do with some companionship, but he can't afford the mobile emanator at the time.
Then, when he retires Sapper and collects another bonus, he buys the mobile emanator.

Their relationship when we see them for the first time doesn't look like they've known each other for very long. She's trying all sorts of different tactics to please him, cycling through her various modes before stumbling on one that K likes.

Luv said he cannot lie when she crushed Madame's hand, since he answers to her, she basically is his owner. So it was programmed imbued his dna right?

>but he lied to Deccard when they first met about hearing the piano

Watch the movie again, you can hear the piano playing when he's outside. It's not part of the film score.

Is there a HD rip out yet? If not when?

watched it on friday for a first date
was ace

gonna watch it again on sunday with my friends but this time think ill smuggle a cheeky bit of vodka and coke in to enhance the experience

m8 just watch it in the theatres, I havent seen a movie in theatres since batman vs superman, you really need to see it in theatres for the true experience

Did you get laid or the classic "it was nice" hug?

i did get laid yes
but i am gay so thats extremely common and not really remarkable

What do you guys think about what this user said in another thread

>especially when he realized he wasnt the chosen one after all he did. Physical abuse emotional abuse loss of his loved one, all for what? To find out the actual chosen one was some girl doing next to nothing in a bubble for her life. Fuckin hurt

Do you think it was possible for the girl to be a red herring, making him the true child. All he had to know from this was a one eyed senile rebel leader that had been stalking him throughout the movie, trying to get him to fight for her

gross

heh gay

>Do you think it was possible for the girl to be a red herring.

No.

Dr. Stelline is basically just a MacGuffin. More than anything about the movie, I hated the way she was used in the plot.

don't be ridiculous

Whats rediculous about it, Im just questioning the source that tells him this.

>not deleting your wifi stick girl
>not licking Joshi's boots at the first sign of interest

Everyone says she was coming on to him but I didnt exactly see it, maybe its replicant autism

there's not really any other way to interpret it

Yeah it was pretty obvious, although for some reason I thought they were in her lapd office the first time

What if JOI became so advanced in intel, that she could get extremely jealous and manipulate nearby electronics to attack guests. I would imagine it would be possible if someone "raised their holo-waifu that way

>Hi I just found out this memory is real but how do you find out if it's really your own?
>This memory is real.
>GODDAMMIT

What did he mean by this?

She neved did say it was her memory, just someones also autism

The thing is I think they changed the script at one point, to make it less predictable. He was the original child

It couldn't have been any more obvious. I don't remember the exact line but she practically asks if he wants to fuck

I want to fuck her wearing nothing but that rain overcoat

>Everyone says she was coming on to him but I didnt exactly see it,
Are you fucking deaf dumb and blind? It was apparent to all but the most pathetic of wizardchan users that she was coming on to him.

>with you i forget(that you're a replicant)
>tell me one of your memories
>what happens if i finish this[drink]

She was so desperate it's not even funny. Her face when she was cockblocked was hilarious.

What I meant was, why does he assume it was his own memory just because she said it was a real memory? He already knew it was someone's real memory after finding the horse.

I think later joi also makes a comment about him turning her down.

i agree, it seems thats the big ambiguous point they wanted to leave for the viewers this time. Much like the Deccard replicant or human debate

>Im just questioning the source that tells him this.
You can only legitimately question a source when the source is shown to be a liar. Otherwise you can just start making up all the bullshit you want and saying "Sure, character X said the complete opposite, but I say he was lying."

Because Replicants aren't supposed to be allowed to have real memories.

> Her face when she was cockblocked was hilarious.
That doesn't qualify as cockblocking. However when K was with his wifu on the roof in the rain and she freezes because Madam called, that was fucking cockblock

They can lie, period. Luv specifically says she going to lie to Wallace.

that sex face she maskes though

"Joi, what's going on big girl?"

"What happens if I finish that"
"shouldnt I be going back to work"

and I think Joi mentions it? She says he lied to Joshi about the kid

Do I need to watch the original before 2049?

Since it is stated to be illegal to implant actual humans' memories into replicants, if he had that memory, and the events of it turned out to be real, then HE realizes must have actually experienced it.

After the fact, he finds out that, indeed, someone had just put Stelline's memory in his head.

So if he has a "real" memory and he thought it couldn't have implanted the logical conclusion is that the memory belonged to him

Anyone thought they were going for double switcheroo with daughter/son thing?

I expected Ford to say "...daughter?Racheal had a boy..." and the Rebel leader lied to Goose.

need? no

but it really adds some weight behind the emotional suckerpunches of 2049 imo

Yes.

Not really but you might as well.

I heard feminist are in full rage mode against BR2049. I guess they can relate to her for some reason

This is the best scene in cinema since forever.

entire thread above you m8

Demand a BR2049 meme dump

Seems a bit flimsy. A cop that assumes that just because something is illegal it can't happen?

When she calls him a special joe and he pulls out his gun alongside the music flaring up

Muh dik was diamonds

>and I think Joi mentions it?

Joi says something later like "I thought you liked her" or "she liked you". Along those lines

pls no bully

Well he also wanted to believe it. Like the resistance leader says, they all wanted to believe they were special

DELET_T

desu I found the connection of the storyline to the original characters the worst part.

Hot off the presses.

sequel WHEN

anotha

RUDE

Another 35 years. Once this movie has well and truly been established as the unappreciated classic it is.

Remove this from your computer RIGHT NOW

>tfw there is shadowrun series
>tfw there wll be cyberpunk 2077 game by The Witcher creators
>tfw there real cyberkino happens in your lifetime
Are we finally have golden age of best genre?

Hopefully things will keep getting better. I want a fully immersive actual VR cyberpunk open world game. Really excited about 2077 though.

LIKE prints in snow

>when he runs through the wall after Deckard closes the door behind him

Tbh I wish cdpr outright made a blade runner game rather than basing it off cyberpunk 2020

New settings are always good, user. Also blade runner world bind hands a bit. I mean, what kind of gameplay will you have there?

It feels bizzare to FINALLY see a legitmately amazing movie in cinema.

Went with my GF and were joking about the capeshit trailers beforehand and how borrible they look.

If it was set in the off-world it could be about anything really. A shooter as a replicant soldier in a conflict between colonies, a management game about creating new settlements etc. But of course then it wouldn't be using any of the established intrinsic strengths of the franchise.

>joking about the capeshit trailers beforehand and how borrible they look.

This stood out even more the second time I saw BR2049. The trailers for Thor, Justice League and Geoshit just looked so fucking terrible.

I will be 70 when this happens.
Hopefully my AI waifu will take good care of me.

i could see a witcher style game in the tight cramped neon quarters of los angeles

>Be me
>Jerkin it
> Decide to turn on this song while doing so
>Wait to finish exactly at :45 seconds
>Experience literal euphoria

youtu.be/WcLzUZSGT6Q

Your welcome

Went to see the movie alone the first time. Thought it was the best thing I've seen in cinemas in a long time. Watched first one about a year ago and thought it was just a good looking movie with shit story. Watched it the second time the day before seeing 2049 and realized it was one of the best movies of all time.
Went with 3 friends to see it the second time. 2 of them fucked off to the back row of the cinema and fucked around on their phones halfway into the movie and my other friend was messaging them at the back of the cinema the whole second half.
Why are my friends such fucking plebs, Sup Forums?

Forgot what it was to, Just remember getting off to kino waterfalls instead of busty broads

this is definately not a film to see with others. Your attention has to stay on it uninterupted all three hours

You're gonna carry that weight...

gonna try that thanks based user

Bang

How long until we get actual JOI videos of web models in blue wigs?

>mfw I just realised I'll never ever see BR2049 in IMAX again

tfw only saw it in theatres

Still have the chance here. I think I might go one more time. I just hate that it costs so much.

Explain bees Sup Forums

Iktf
>only one IMAX
>nowhere near me

>1.5h away
Kill me.

>doitforherjoi.jpg

>6 hours away
>if the trafic is alright
>don't own a car

>hehe stupid cucks
>Checks local imax listing