So now that the dust has settled, what did we think?

So now that the dust has settled, what did we think?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Box_(2009_film)
youtube.com/watch?v=qsyfGwlf_l0
steadishots.org/shots_detail.cfm?shotID=261
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pretentious but ok

I enjoyed it.

It was good, the third act would be better if they had properly explained how Donnie returned to the past instead of being so ambiguous.

Good soundtrack

“I’m a teenager and this is deep” tier however it is super comfy. Nice Hallowe’en flick.

the dialogue is absolutely cringe drew berrymore should be shot but its popular because of dark and edgy and cool man, dark 80s music, when's tool gonna release another album?

Great movie

a stupid movie watching it as an adult

a brilliant movie as a teenager when i still had hormones in my veins making me feel emotions like i used to

Anyone that tells you it makes perfect sense is lying.

But Drew Barrymore is right. Cellar Door is objectively the prettiest English word.

good memories
and good for teens to watch who are just getting into film

>Cellar Door is objectively the prettiest English word.

>I discovered its illusory character when many years ago a Japanese friend with whom I often discussed literature told me that to him and some of his English-speaking friends the most beautiful word in our language was 'cellardoor'.
>It was not beautiful to me and I wondered where its evocative power lay for the Japanese.
>Was it because they find l and r difficult to pronounce, and the word thus acquires remoteness and enchantment?
>I asked, and learned also that Tatsuo Sakuma, my friend, had never seen an American cellar door, either inside a house or outside — the usual two flaps on a sloping ledge.
>No doubt that lack of visual familiarity added to the word’s appeal. He also enjoyed going to restaurants and hearing the waiter ask if he would like salad or roast vegetables, because again the phrase 'salad or' could be heard.
>I concluded that its charmlessness to speakers of English lay simply in its meaning.
>It has the l and r sounds and d and long o dear to the analysts of verse music, but it is prosaic.
>Compare it with 'celandine', where the image of the flower at once makes the sound lovely.
really makes your head heat up

An unironic masterpiece ruined by its edgy teenage fanbase due to the fact that it's so normie-accessible

One thing I know about Japanese is that Ls and Rs are interchangeable in it. That's why they'll always pronouce Godzilla as Gojirra. So when you have a cellardoor, and an elongated R in such proximity to an elongated L that would soound an especially beautiful celebration of English to them.

For anyone though, it's just how all the syllables hang and roll off on another.

SSssssssssellllllllllllllarrrrrrrrrrrrrrdooooooooor.
That's more like the name of a dragon in some ancient mythological city than that cell wooden cell flaps.

>So when you have a cellardoor, and an elongated R in such proximity to an elongated L
What I don't get is how the R is supposed to sound good. It's barely "pronounced" or whatever it's called.

Underrated masterpiece.

it has some cringey parts but it's really great

>sit next to the boy you think is cutest

you're such a fuck ass

its really good, hence the cult classic status

It's the deepest movie ever made. Screencap this.

I liked it.

Pity the director got sucked directly up his own asshole and hasn't made a passable film since

Amazing how the director made a great movie by accident

I liked it before all the normalfag cock gobblers discovered it and called it the best thing ever.

>Southdown Tales not passable
pleb
People were saying this over a decade ago before I became an old man

Fact: I am the only person who liked The Box.

I don't get why it's so hated. It's like an extended episode of The Twilight Zone or The Outer Limits.

>Southdown Tales
holy shit, I completely forgot about that
I might actually prefer it to DD

but everything else since then.... point stands

Yeah, it seems like its fanbase really picked up steam around 2007. It was gleefully underground before that.

In 2016, filmmaker Kevin Smith said of Kelly: "He is insanely creative and is not unlike Christopher Nolan. But Nolan wound up in the Warner Bros. system where he got special handling, and he got a lot of money to make huge art films like Inception. Richard can be one of our greatest filmmakers. He is right now, but just a lot of people don't realize it. He's still a kid, and someone needs to Nolan that kid."[16]

do you agree Sup Forums?

It's been well established that Kevin Smith is a fucking moron.

pretentious garbage only faggot plebs like and defend

>art films like Inception

Much like The Nightmare Before Christmas and Invader Zim, it's one of those things I liked before the normalfag Hot Topic crowd discovered it. I can't like those things anymore because the fanbase is absolute feculence.

I really enjoyed it but I haven't seen it in like 7 years or so.
Also pic related

Nolan has never made a film of anything close to the level of Donnie Darko in either writing or directing, nevermind overall quality
Also,

The tangent universe collapsed, hence back to reality.

>we

Oop there goes gravity

It literally was an episode of some shitty knockoff of the twilight zone.

the best part is that comic predates the shitty movie by years.

overrated.

mom's spaghetti

It was haunting and the 80s atmosphere is top notch and fits like a glove.

Patrick Swayze is a pedo and Seth Rogen is a DUDE BULLY

it's way less complex and deep than it bills itself to be yet ironically it is still an amazing film because of the mood and executuon

First watch through I thought Donnie's bitch fit about the fear/love line was because he actually thought it was too simplistic. Honestly the first watch through was much like that for me, and I missed a lot of meanings behind all the events that were going on.

For instance, it was only after I watched it again that I realized that the fear/love line was about his own struggle with knowing that at the end of everything he was going to die alone. I also didn't quite realize that he basically knew what was going to happen to himself throughout the entire movie on some subconscious level, and it explains a lot of the brash behavior he exhibits, his angst about being given a choice to follow the path or end the universe, etc.

>I'M NOT AFRAID ANYMORE!!

Drew Barrymore almost ruins it

They also forget to shoot her straight on and her illusion is broken.

>he doesn't realize the box is a remake of a twilight zone episode that's 50 years old
I hope your mother's nigger boyfriend rapes you to fucking death.

it wasn't twilight zone, you stupid fuck

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Box_(2009_film)

> 1980s iteration

owned

>1985 was 50 years ago

good job. Good... job...

>it's only 40 years old instead of 50
>pwned n00b

... your posting of retard reaction gifs and your inability to do basic math ...

hey guess what

samefag

SIDEWAYS SCHOOL BUS SEQUENCE IS ONE OF THE BEST TRACKING SHOTS IN MOVIES

youtube.com/watch?v=qsyfGwlf_l0
steadishots.org/shots_detail.cfm?shotID=261

Best scene with best music as well.