I don't get it, where is the scary part?

I don't get it, where is the scary part?

>muh jumpscares

Fuck off, try watching it without browsing Sup Forums and you might find out how slow burning atmospheric horror works.

Nice argument, where is the scary part? It's a horror movie, where s the horror

Not enough transformers for you, huh?

when you realize thomasin will never sit on your face

Huh?

>scary part

haha gg kid. Sorry you don't understand the horror themes and folklore origins the movie portrays.

git gud some day and meet me in the forums ;^)

To be fair you have to have a very high IQ to appreciate The Witch. It's simply not for the ordinary popcorn gobbling movie goer. It requires a dialogue between the art and the viewer.

>the vvitch is STILL filtering plebs
based

The rabbit. Checkmate.

>all these fags that think this movie was good

It is though, ofcourse not as an horror movie but as a supernatural period drama its really good.

>handsome boy dies

it's an awful movie not a scary movie

IT IS NOT GOOD THE HANDSOME BOY DED IT IS AWFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Everyone died but tomasin who lost her soul to old luke.

I bet you're a Shillary minion.
Jumpscares are very useful to define a tense moment in a movie, they are absolutely essential to horror like laughtracks are absolutely needed for comedy (don't need for movies since you're in a theatre and that relies on crowd).
The number of jumpscares are the only legit indicator for a good horror, the more it has the better the horror is.

>I don't get it, where is the scary part?
It’s not your fault. Your parents and their parents are to blame. You are just the beginning of a wave of stupid people that will send the Earth back to a new Dark Age. (Pic related. It’s OP)

i don't care about everybody else they're not handsome. i only care about handsome boy. handsome boy ded. movie awful.

tfw ended up watching this while on lsd, was pretty intense and my best horror movie experience.

It was fucking great and you know it.

10/10 kino goat

You can't be serious about not liking this, it had good acting, great themes, double meanings, true dialogue, great portrayal of a story about religious people going mad and thomasin selling her soul for sweet butter and symbols, symbols everywhere

What the fuck did you like.

Insidious?

You have to be very young or very shallow to not feel at least a little discomfort watching the witch

The point of horror isn't to make you scream and go "wow man, what a great monster!" Because alien already did that.

But seriously, you are what's ruinning horror these days. Its all about jumpscares now and that's boring as fuck. I don't get you people

>thomasin will never be your vvitch

Is not fair bros.

What, not enough splosions and loud noises for you?

>horror isn't about horror
idiot (You)
>bored by true horror
autism
>muh symbols
60's hippie queer (You)
>feels discomfort not arousal at witch
foreveralone virgin queer (You)

Fuck off retard, not only did you prove you're a dumb ADHD ridden child but you even defend it? Do you know no shame? Let your shit thread die already.

So where is the scary part? Just a bunch of non answers

Honestly did not understand a single word they were saying

>where are muh jumpscares?

I hate when people call this movie "VVitch." No, it's fucking "Witch." Goddamn idiots on this board.

It's The VVitwch you idiot.

Strawman

The V V was just a way of printing that shit

>it's scary bro u just don't get it

>plebfilter: the thread

what will be the next horrorkino that shitposters will use to fish for (you)s?

>laughtracks are essential for comedy
this is bait

tfw no ayylium vvife

spbp

some movies are tense and offer no closure. It's the same deal with it Comes At Night. We're all sorry that you cant get into it, because you're really missing out. It sucks that you cant feel anything unless there's an implied threat on your life ala-kruger or Jason or that you need to see a bad guy to be afraid of anything.

p.s. I'm watching Jeepers Creepers right now and holy shit did this movie turn out to be a shitfest. I thought maybe it was gonna be some The Hills Have Eyes shit, but nope, just an un-scary bat guy with a truck.

It Comes At Night

I read a theory that the rot on the corn is a type of fungus that can cause hallucinations so everything that happened was a result of them tripping balls.

The scary part is you being a pleb.

Same with Rick and Morty

sounds like someone slapping reality onto a horror movie

Dubs of truth.

Well that's not horror, that's drama

define horror for me

Cas roastie?

it's not scary, but it is atmospheric.

it's a great film, great writing, well acted, but it isnt a horror movie

being responsible to give food to your family without the infrastructure of a community, all alone, in the wild, its pretty scary on its own

Google it retard

Sounds like drama

please post pics of thom

>ill look like an idiot if i try to define horror
Witch is horror. Stop being such a pleb.

you can say the same thing about literally every horror movie
>BOY, SURE SEEMS DRAMATIC WITH ALL THIS TENSION AND CLIMAX

No you can't.
It's not, sorry, no matter how many times you say pleb it won't make it horror

Kill yourself faggot

Films women, groids and Millennials will never understand

fucking this.
even on full volume i couldnt understand a thing, just sounded like they were mumbling. turned it off after 10 minutes

>not pronouncing it "v-v-itch" in real life

I just remembered the film being super grotesque without any terror or horror in it. I guess you sort of have to understand the folklore stuff to appreciate the movie but the whole build up wasn't even that effective because half the time I had no idea wtf is even going on.

Especially during the part where the boy is in bed or something and he starts having crazy talk. What the fuck even is that

>I don't get it, where is the scary part?
ITS IN THE ANTIPODES OF THE MIND BRO
THE DARKNESS OF OUR IMAGINATION IS SCARIER THAN WHAT YOU CAN SEE ON SCREEN DUDE
LIKE FUCK DIRECTLY SCARING YOU! SCARE YOURSELF!!! ITS MORE SCARY THAT WAY!!!! BRUH

get lost, THOT

>imagine being this much of an insecure beta that you dislike mere images of attractive girls
lol

>projecting your specific personality
lol, get stuffed in a locker, nerd

why was this deleted

>implying thats what i did
hows your saturday night mr. cool-guy-blue-jeans
idk why i shared it in the first place, so many faggots on this board

Finding out it was a stunt ass at the end.

I literally yelled "BOOOOOO" when the credits started, I don't get why Sup Forums loves this so much

big fat titties

Theory is blown out by the fact that we see the witch, without any protagonists perspective early on. The director wanted to show right out of the gate that it's very real.

>It's a horror movie
Try again

>evil takes many forms

What was meant by this?

Idk
This movie is retarded and bad

Yeah I couldn't understand the dialog. Ended up turning on the subtitles. I think it's just mixed shitty because I can't remember ever having a problem like that with a modern movie.

>thou wouldnst like to live deliciously

Yeah same, I think a lot of it was the actor who played the dad, even if he was speaking in modern English I couldn't understand it

BLACK PHILLIP BLACK PHILLIP
A CROW GROWS OUT HIS HEAD
TO NANNY QUEEN IS WED
JUMP TO THE FENCE POST
RUNNING IN THE STALL
KING OF ALL

I just wanted to see the girl get assfucked desu. Didn't deliver that.

>people think the ending is "liberating" for thomasin

she literally traded one patriarchy for another. fuck fedora tipping satanists

>Americans

Obsession.

>where's the scary part

I'd like to see more folklore kino

It's more like a "weird fiction" movie than a "horror" movie

Non argument

Reverse pleb filter

the part where all the pedos on /tv start talking about the girl's private parts

There are no pedos on Sup Forums

>horror movies arent supposed to be scary

People say the movie wasn't scary but I was literally shitting myself when Black Phillip talked.

>Wouldst thou like the taste of butter? A pretty dress? Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Yes they are supposed to be scary