Where did Black Manta get his armor? Did he make or steal it...

Where did Black Manta get his armor? Did he make or steal it? And has anyone ever addressed how amazing that suit must be that it gives him the strength of an atlantean? Also, Black Manta thread

He made it in his basement, its powered by his pure undying hatred for aquaman.

This is the only one thing that really bugged me in Johns' New 52 Aquaman run. Seriously, What the fuck is that suit? Who made it?

>Where did Black Manta get his armor? Did he make or steal it?
He made it, remember he has autism

he bought it off the internet

Why this nigga hate Whitefish so much?

A criminal is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be destroyed, or locked up. But if he makes himself more than just a man, if he devotes himself to an ideal, and if they can't stop him, then he becomes something else entirely.

I think the mystery and ambiguity helps keep Manta scary and imposing. A lot like how he's at his best when his hatred of Aquaman is all encompassing and only partially or vaguely elaborated on, like he's just this thing powered by the sheer concept of hatred.

He's just this ordinary guy who inexplicably manages to go toe to toe with a Justice Leaguer and the literal king of the sea just a few tiers below someone like Supes, and apparently he owes it all to how he just fucking despises him.

Black Manta suit is a mistery as his name.
We know he made it himself(which create more questions than answers), it offers some degree of enchanted strenght and it's perfect to fight Aquaman

>Manta doesn't get to kill Aquaman
>Manta doesn't get to kill evil Aquaman
>Manta settles for killing everyone instead
It's too bad he didn't get a big victory like Quick and Cold or Lex and Alex.

desu Manta should have red text in addition to his black speech bubbles.

Aren't they using that textbox coloration for their poorly-done deadpool knockoff? That is dating Harley who has also become a deadpool knockoff

Nah his are black text on yellow just like Deadpool but they're shaped like tools such as saws and hammers

How does he not get crushed into a pulp when he's at the bottom of the sea?

The suit is just that good. Which again begs the question of just how he made it.

Because Ahab vs Moby Dick.

People seem confused by his suit, but what about his manta men?

They are his stand, duh

Do you have pictures of JoJo poses to back this up?

I like to think he built it. Hes a very capable man who manages to be a threat to earths strongest natural lifeform and could do SO MUCH more if he ever escaped his desire to ruin Arthur

But without his hatred driving him, he'd have no ambition, nothing to strive toward.

There's absolutely no reason that he can't just be a super genius who is so focused on destroying his hated enemy that he doesn't apply himself elsewhere.

Him building his own suit is fine, people have done far crazier shit.

Oh Im not saying he should, I like the Captain Ahab thing hes got going on and its refreshing to see a villain not intent on domination or worldwide slaughter. He and Thawne stand out in that regard.

How Powerful is Black Manta? Unlike the other Villains you almost never find him outside of fighting Aquaman.

Why would he fight other people unless they were between him and aquadunce?

Well lets see
>Can survive the deepest depth of the ocean like his adversary
>Can take a punch from Aquaman, who on occasion has been shown to take hits from both Superman and Wonder Woman
>Skilled hand to hand fighter
Also I think he fought Deathstroke once

Ooh! Second time today I get to post this.

Don't forget how his DCAU counterpart nearly murdered Wonder Woman with blowfish toxin.

Really, he does the whole "Obsessed with a single hero" thing without being a massive fag like the Joker.

He has no time for petty goals like "conquering the world" or "becoming a god".

He's a man with a simple goal who shows total commitment to carrying out, its pure and doesn't need a reason.

There's no pretentiousness from Manta.
Writers don't need to spend time writing sob stories or some deep bullshit for him to be entertaining.
They just need him to be an asshole.

So that chick that was running with him (Blackjack?), any chance of her becoming his hate driven Mera/waifu? HATEFUCKING

Well he is like a hired assassin.
So he prolly had some tech build it for money, like Deathstroke.

Who hates Aquaman the most? Orm or Manta?

That wasn't Manta, that was DEVIL RAY yee haw

How is this a question? Manta. Also they couldnt use the name Black Manta on the show because at the time a live action Aquaman show was being made but ultimately dropped. They actually were considering bringing in Manta had another season been approved.

Seeing Diana's bosom makes me sad for the movie that's coming up.

>Be part of a secret organization called N.E.M.O.
>It greatest tool is its secrecy
>Try to recruit Manta
>He kills the Fisher King and takes over N.E.M.O
>Turns the whole group into a tool for his petty hatred against Aquaman
>This leads to N.E.M.O's reveal
>Manta blows up the base and you narrowly surviive

>How is this a question?
Orm hates Aquaman with a passion too.

It could still happen. Get her in that diving suit and give her a helmet

If she does, she should get those manta fins that background female Manta in Kingdom Come had.

She probably hates Manta for ruining everything

Orm has a shitty costume and sucked off demons for power

Manta's hate is pure and true, and his helmet is much bigger and blacker

Most likely. If writers wanted to they could twist it where she eventually blames Arthur for the whole thing. But yeah shes probably going to go after Manta

didn't manta quit his job when he learned aquaman was alive?

That would be fitting. Black Manta hates Aquaman for no logical reason. And his partner would hate Aquaman for no logical reason too, when it ironically would make more sense to hate Manta.

>She becomes Black Manta's Black Manta

FUCKING WHY?

Dude really hates Aquaman

This is his whole character summed up in a single page.

>kill everyone and burn the place down, then just walk into the sea
If I didn't know anything about him I'm pretty sure I'd fall in love with him here.
He was right miffed his old adversary was back in town, old boy.

He takes his revenge/hate vendettas seriously

Black Manta hates Aquaman and that's it. He has no motivation besides that. The only reason he got the job was to keep himself alive for the slim chance Aquaman could come back so he could have something to HATE again. Once that happened he had no more use for his surface life

Why doesn't Manta just get a Red Lantern ring and use that to take down Aquaman?

That last page always gets me.

His level of hate would overpower the ring, be like a nuclear bomb going off

>he has the speech bubbles even without the helmet
Fuck yeah, Black Manta!

that did it. he's my favorite villain cause he jobs as a hobby. he has shown he could take him out so many times.

'Member the '90s?

Except she has a good reason

I do my best not to remember the 90's. It was a silly time.

Does he store his suit...underwater?

I laughed so much when he killed the outsider. It was so sudden and so brutal.

Who'd look for it there?

Reminder that the DCEU Aquaman movie is going to fuck him up

Orm loves him in a somewhat messed up way. Manta's hate is unparalled. When he became a member of the suicide squad he made himself hallucinate in order to see aquaman whenever he killed someone.

Is he even in it?

>implying DCEU won't be cancelled after WW and JL

Even if that happened they'd prolly have enough set up to start making the movie.
They'd just say "none of the movies are connected, we're back to stand alone movies"

Thawne tried world domination once. He won, immediately.

Then people started a revolution with the Flash as a symbol, and he got butthurt about the Flash again and left his empire to go ruin the Flash some more.

What's the context?

I think it's meant to denote he has a deep, manly voice, like Michael Clarke Duncan.

Totally forgot.

Manta isn't angry, just hateful.

Fucking stupid as shit.

That's right. Thank God there are no rings powered by hate yet

Black Manta could probably wreak some havoc with a red ring though

...what.

I can grasp most of that 90's redesign, but why does his shirt say Eat Quiche?

>rage powered scuba suit

It's an incentive to stay angry, since if he starts to calm down he'll drown.

LOL His job as a fish salesman always kills me.

What issue(s) was that? I don't remember that.

Nice

Am I the only one who thinks Black Manta would look great with the Venom Symbiote on?

It's so retardedly over the top, I can't help but love the man.

The issue this week was really good

RIP

There's no body. He'll be fine.

Serious question, Sup Forums.
You are always fawning over dis nigga, but does he actually have any good stories?
He had some moments in Brightest Day and Forever Evil, but both stories were dull as hell.

Um, read some Aquaman comics? Most of his appearances are in those as he's - you know - an AQUAMAN villain?

Fuck, this shit is great!

You can buy underwater power armor off the internet irl.

Internet.

The strength thing is kind of backward; you're assuming movement underwater is as simple as it is in atmosphere, but there's much more resistance.

Ergo any suit which could give him even the ability to move underwater with the same ease as on land would make him fabulously strong on land.

I've never read black manta, but this thread makes him seem interesting. I hope he'll be in the Aquaman movie

I think it was confirmed for Ocean Master as the big bad. If I was casting manta though I'd probably choose Djimon Honsou based on his body aline