Wolverine literally picks up an X-Men comic

>Wolverine literally picks up an X-Men comic.
>"Maybe a quarter of it happened."
>"And not like this."

Best lines in the FoX-Men franchise tbqh.

might have as much lack of self awareness as jean in apocalypse saying "the third one is always the worst"

>people die in real life
>they also come back to life thanks to time travel because time travel exists in this universe
>also cape character do technically for in comics
Goddamn this was terrible.

>"Maybe a quarter of it happened."
>"And not like this."
Yeah, that was always the problem.

oh god please just give the rights back and end this nightmare already

THIS
H
I
S

A THOUSAND TIME THIS

This™

In the MCU they would make the same joke, but it would be followed by smiling at the camera and the sound of passing gas.

Really Mangold? Because looking at your last movie, the comics were actually way saner than the bullshit you produced.

>Silver Samurai is an adamantium iron man
>Viper is a poison mutant
>Yukio is a precog
>dumbass plot about stealing the healing factor
>love story and character study shoved aside for mindless action
>dumbass action sequence on top of a bullet train

and it would be amazing

>Logan picks up comic
>"Wow, who are these characters? I only know Prof X, Mystique, Magneto, and myself. Whose this Forge fellow? And Jubilee is important? Who said Rogue was allowed to be tough and cool?!!!"
>"And why do we have actual cool costumes?"
>"Wait, we fight stuff like Aliens and giant robots on a daily basis? And villains besides Magneto? Holy shit, this comic is better than our lives!!!"
>"This would make awesome movies in the right hands. Like the Russos or Joss Whedon."

Would be better than FoX-Men tbqhfam

>Sup Forums getting so triggered over one line in a 2 minute long trailer

Smells an awful lot like shills here.

Fuck off.
I thought it was cute, man. And it's not like it particularly contradicts how Marvel Comics are in the MCU.

sorry you can't handle the truth that Fox-Men is shit and MCU is god tier

It was a bad line and you should feel bad for even defending it.

Why are people so triggered by the MCU having jokes? I've never understood this. All superhero movies have jokes. Fucking TDK has jokes.

Shouldn't you be busy having sex with little boys, Singer hmmmm?

>People die in real life
He said to a dead man.

It's a bent up frustration over Fox continuously shitting on source material that they do not think is the core of series they are making.

>Would you have preferred yellow spandex?
YES! So did the box office!

People will adamantly deny the existence of jokes in great kino like TDK.

Of course, these are the same people who've never looked up what kino means...

>Holy shit, this comic is better than our lives!!!"

Not really.

I mean, having less aliens and vilains, deaths and fucked up alternate timelines is better than having a lot.

I feel like Fox hasn't earned the right to make that joke. Hell, comparing their movies to the comics is an insult to the comics.
The Fox films aren't X-Men films, they are the Wolverine/ProfX/Magneto/Mystique movies (and even then, they are bastardized versions of the characters). The Fox X-Men never felt like a team.

Hell, Disney's The Incredibles felt more X-Men like then all the Fox Films.

Oh, so you don't read comics then. Is that why you prefer Fox's bastardized Cuck-Men? Or do you just have shit-taste?

>TDK
>kino
maybe for you everyone else realized long ago it was shit

No? Just saying that even the comic characters would enjoy having to suffer less instead of thinking that it is "cool" in universe.

Kino is an insult buddy.

You thought that was a lack of self awareness? Kinda missed the whole joke there asshole.

He means like if characters had to choose, they'd choose having only Magneto as a villain, not Magneto + Sinister + Mojo + Omega Red + Sauron and list goes on.

>>"And why do we have actual cool costumes?"
Yeah, you should shut the fuck up.

>Would you have preferred yellow spandex?
Why is Fox so triggered by having the X-Men wear yellow (or bright colors period)??? Shit, People love the X-Men that way!!! Did someone at Fox get raped by someone in yellow or something?
You shut up!

Kino is a cute. CUTE!

No u.

Can confirm.

... !

It's so obvious they are desperate to gain acceptance from the comic reading crowd, they're just copying what the MCU did but not taking the time and effort to achieve this goal and thus it cheapens everything.

They seriously think lazily throwing an actual comic book will appease us and give them glowing adoration? Fox are desperate.

I don't think they are trying to appease to comic crowd, they are making fun of us again.

It's X-men 1's yellow spandex of Logan.

The joke was that Singer was throwing shade at X3 for being bad and the third one.

When Apocalypse was the third in the McAvoy movies, it was the worst. Just look at Rotten Tomatoes (heck, it even has a lower score than X3). So the dumb movie just played itself.

The word you are looking for is "pent", not bent.

Also this film keeps looking better and better to me.

>Russos or Joss Whedon
You almost had me there user.

Jokes? Just one word? Like "Adele"?

The first two Fox-men set the stage and standard for modern superhero adaptations, particularly for most of the early MCU, whether you like it or not. It's a decent-to-good franchise when it comes to standalones or first installments. All this hate seems disproportionate, and over an instant in a two-minute trailer.

>God-tier
Who the fuck even talks like this? You sound underaged.

Do you really not see the issue with there being a joke every 3 lines?

>Joss Whedon
You fucked up RIGHT at the end user. You were almost there.

In what way is it making fun of the comics?

It's trying to say that the comics are shit that the FoX-Men are sophisticated Kino and superior to said comics.

>YES! So did the box office!

Tell me you don't actually believe Deadpool's box office success had anything to do with how accurate to the comics the secondary X-Men costumes were.

no and neither does anyone else

I bet Deadpool in red spandex had at least something to do with it.

Certainly not Family Guy humor

>Oh wait, that guy Josh Whedon actually wrote us once.
>...
>Okay, I take that back. Josh would definitely turn us into shit.

Yeah, I read the earlier posts, but HOW are they conveying that though?
Also

Now wait a minute. In the comics, isn't it a bit of an existing gag that what WE read as real life comics is what people IN UNIVERSE read about their "real" superheroes? Like, whats considered by us real people as canon are basically tall tales to in universe people?

I read that line as an acknowledgement of that gag, not a stab at the comics being dumb. Of course, the original gag is kinda paradoxical, since of COURSE what we read is theoretically what actually happened in universe; what we read can't be canon and not canon simultaneously.

I mean, I generally don't give Fox any credit, but I dont think theline was criticizing the source material, its an in universe acknowledgement of a quirk of the Marvel universe.

It certainly helped. More people like Deadpool in his comic book costume.

If Miller had gone the Singer route, Deadpool wouldn't wear a mask, wouldn't be ugly, and and would wear black fetish leather. And it would be PG-13. And have a rotten score on Rotten Tomatoes.

*Mic Drop*

Whedon's run was fun and his Avengers movies were awesome.

is that even a real issue of x-men? Or is it a mock-up?

Is that Sauron?

By saying how comics are kiddie trash because heroes don't die when the x-men are trash for the same thing.

Hell, he's telling that to Prof X who died in front of him in X3. They even had everyone killed by robots and revived with Time Travel. The only reason they are dying for reals now is because they are all old and want to get out.

Is desu still censored

he wrote the 'you know what happens to a toad when its stuck by lightning?' line in X1

So... what happens?

It croaks.

and everyone knows it was a great line ruined by halle berry's delivery

Technically, they butchered it. Toad was suppose to have a running joke where he's listing off Toad facts. Then Storm gives her line. Without the context, it comes off weird.

>and everyone knows it was a great line

joss pls

they're poorly drawn parodies.

this

DC will treat the X-Men with the respect they deserve.

>Toad was suppose to have a running joke where he's listing off Toad facts
Oh wow, Fox's meddling actually did some good.

That's obviously the Hulk.

>Josh Whedon
Do you really want Ellen Page to become the perfect all powerful unbeatable main character of the franchise?

>poorly drawn

They look pretty good.

I would like to see that. Not because it'd be good. But because it would be hilarious to see Sup Forums and the rest of the Internet blow up. What a perfect storm of shitposting it would be.

>Yellow and Blue suit

They're just fucking with us at this point

What else are nerds for but to be made fun of?

They don't even have to give the rights to WB. Just get Snyder to direct it and people will get instantly triggered.

Looks better than the movies. Wolverine even has a costume.

they look like deviant art parodies of the old post-byrne books

Yes.

I was gonna ask why didn't Rogue fly but then I remembered she doesn't have flight powers in the films, so in-universe comic writers would be working with that as reference.

Are you fucking kidding me, that art/storytelling is better than a lot of 2010's comics from Marvel

>By saying how comics are kiddie trash

Oh, you're one of those underages who treat capeshit funnybooks as srs bznss huh?

>storytelling
uh huh

I unironically believe that DC could make a better G-Men of Earth 8 franchise than Marvel can the X-Men at this point.
Just imagine, a one-shot that refreshes on the general history of the X-Men up to 2011, and then Schism never happens, and the messiah bullshit isn't totally destroyed because of Bendis.

Just give the X-Men to Snyder

In some horrible way I kind of want to see Snyder do an X-Men trilogy that's basically some bastardization of all the comics and the cartoons and he tries to be "true to the comics" by incorporating Cable's backstory.

That is clearly not a real X-Men comic
>autistic as fuck

Are those drawn by mother fucking Paul Pope?
someone's ruining his career on tumblr

CBR says it's by Dan Panosian.

Oh wow, this is a legitimate triggered, thread.

>fucked up alternate timelines is better than having a lot.
The entire FOX X-men continuity is fucked up, the fact this movie even exists is a fuck up in continuity.. What movies "happened" and which ones didn't? Is Wolverine now no longer in the X-men Franchise at all (the one set to take place in the 90s, with the Apocalypse group.. Did X2 not happen because of the Phoenix? etc)

Maybe the Wolverine movies are their own continuity and the X-Men films are fictional.

>someone's ruining his career on tumblr

I thought that was months ago.

>Magneto helped built cerebro
>no wait, it was all Beast
>Emma was with Cyclops in the 70s(as a kid) and with Shaw in the 60s(as an adult)
>Trask is both a black man and a midget
>how did Storm get white hair in the old universe when she got it here thanks to Apocalypse?

'm pretty sure thats because the entire movie has a very aparent overuse of warm color filters

I think they are making another Pheonix movie

Will still watch.
Intrigued by the X-23 and the no more mutants thing.

Then how did The Wolverine lead directly into X-Men: DOFP?

Didn't Kinsberg say that's what was going to happen in the next movie?

>2017
>watching ANY superhero movie

The MCU is good though. It's not their fault everyone else is shit desu.