What exactly was the moral here?

What exactly was the moral here?

Never give up, because hope might be right around the corner. Use that thinker box, OP, it's not that complicated.

people are stupid especially in crisis'

Always shoot first and ask questions later.

It's the American way.

Kek

always remember to check how many bullets you have

Crazy lady was right and only sacrifice would remove the mist

Only shoot your family when you know the monsters are actually coming for you.

Almost did a spit take

He did.

You can be entirely right, and you can save the ones you love from horrors beyond anything they've ever imagined... but chaos can still fuck your shit up.

Always kill yourself first. There's no negative consequences when you're dead!

There was none, sometimes life is just a kick in the nuts.

SOME

BODY

Wait until the monsters are actually there before you shoot everybody

The logical thing to do isn’t always the best thing to do.

>monsters have inhuman speed
>monsters have inhuman strength
>one monster could have its tentacle around your son's chest and he could be gone, within less than three seconds
>your son could become a nest for the spiders that fucked that black soldier up

>you have to get off four lethal shots without shaking in terror as they swarm the car

Son, be honest with me here. Just how fucking stupid ARE you?

being eaten alive isn't that bad

You can always make another kid but you can't make another you.

Line up your relatives' heads by diameter and shoot, repeat if bullet fails to penetrate everyone.

Congratulations, you have enough bullets left over to kill yourself.

God is real and you shouldn't stray from his path.

Don't you ever fuck with monsters.

I bet those soldiers were wondering why someone would shoot their family, before being discovered by a rescue team.

This is literally the perfect horror movie.

It develops likable characters, and they all die horrible deaths.

Why?
Because shit happens. No morals or reasons. Bad shit happens, and you gotta deal with it.

Do you think the soldiers took bets on how long it would take for him to kill himself?

I bet he grabbed for their gun immediately after this scene ends.

Despair is a sin, and God punishes the sinful.

fpwp

the movie/book was about fucking over people for acting rationally

>lines up his kid, with the lady's head behind, and the old lady's head behind her, with the other guy behind her
>pulls trigger
>goes straight through kids head, but only gets an inch into her head
>she lives, immediately starts screaming in agony as blood and brains spurt from the hole in her head
>"fuck" thomas jane mutters
>he tries to hold her still as she screams in miserable in pain to line up her head with the old lady
>old lady freaks out "I change my mind! Don't shoot!" she opens her car door and goes sprinting into the mist
>a creature roars in the distance as she gets immediately eaten
>only thomas jane and the other guy are left in the car with a kids body and a dying hysterical woman with a gaping head wound
>turns gun on the old man, ready to shoot
>old man changes his mind too, decides to take his chances out there
>runs out just as the Mist clears, revealing the Army patrol arrives
>"HELP! THAT MAN SHOT HIS SON AND ANOTHER WOMAN AND WANTS TO SHOOT ME!"
>Army opens fire on the car, riddling Thomas Jane's body with bullets
>Old man lives, everyone else from the car is dead

Terrible plan, you idiot.

fuck i never edit/read my posts before I submit them, whatever, you got The Gist of it

Do you think if he pulled off those masks, they would die?

bad shit happens.
There is no real moral besides that it sucks that these events transpired.

Not stupid enough to just shoot everybody, brainlet. You're heavily exaggerating to justify a stupid, movie original decision.

>no mask
>in extreme pain

my almonds activating on their own

shit happens, my man

The mist represents the "fog of war" and uncertainty. The monsters are secondary tot he actual story which is how people react to horrible situations. Remember that King is a fully turbo cuck liberal and the storyline tells you how his mind works.

>military=bad
>religious conservatives=bad
>working class whites=bad

The nigger wasn't a nigger in the story and that was just added for muh diversity.

But to get to the point the story line is a good reflection of King's fears. He thinks the military is going to destroy us all and that every conservative religious person is just one bad day away from sacrificing his blood.

I haven't read the book, but in the movie the teacher is religious too

Here is a cute picture to cheer you up

The movie is different from the book in that there are actually decent religious characters like the biker, and that the military actually cleans up the mess in the end. I'm the novella, it ends with them driving into the mist with no sign that there is any end to it. But apparently King admitted that the movie's ending was better.