Characters constantly change heights and proportions

>characters constantly change heights and proportions
>it gets so bad at times that you get shit like pic related

Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Uihc7b-1OSo
washingtoncitypaper.com/columns/the-sexist/blog/13117117/farting-women-inspire-local-cartoonist
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I presume Sugar really enjoyed the freedom she had on AT and therefore wants to give other boarders a taste of that freedom on SU, despite most not having nearly her skill.

Shapeshifting

>implying human error doesn't exist
whatever bothers you, I guess. Kinda funny however.

Because its a FUCKING CARTOON

This is correct. SU doesn't really have a hard model sheet to work on. I know it messes up some people but I don't really mind. I think it gives freedom to visually show how a scene should "feel".

That doesn't explain when the human characters do it.

>I think it gives freedom to visually show how a scene should "feel".
I'm going to throw up

Sugar probably thinks it's charming. She probably thinks back to some of her favorite 90's animes where you can tell who drew/animated what shot and liked that things were inconsistent.

I don't know why people think making mistakes on purpose is "charming". It's only charming when the people making it were clearly working on a budget/tight deadline, not that they knew better and they chose to do poorly anyway.

>cartoons can't have standards

Fat, stocky Steven was such a better design.

That's why you have people working in the production who should spot and correct that kind of shit.

You don't know their lives. Maybe every human is a bit of a shapeshifter in the SU setting.

Reminder that cartoons have multiple animation teams. See: Danny Phantom

SU only has one team, though.

Remember when a Pearl was a fourth of the height of a Diamond but then Yellow could hold two of them in one hand.

>You don't know their lives

With the amount of townie episodes, I find myself knowing considerably more than I would care to.

This really depends on how much resources CN wants to use in order for the creators to spot these sort of errors. It's always a question of "is it cost effective?" Sure, if the errors are large enough a few frames should be changed. I don't think having a dedicated team to spot animation errors is efficient. It would be too time-consuming to go back and fix an already made episode.

Besides, these are errors that the SU animators would teach themselves to avoid because it was made.

I can't wait for the episode where we find out Sadie's mom's thoughts about anal bleaching.

youtube.com/watch?v=Uihc7b-1OSo

Not in 2017 you fucking cis-oppressor.
"Standards" is just another word for "hating everything that's different, fun and cozy"

Da fuck mean ''cis'' user?

Reminder SU is the only cartoon where the fanbase literally makes up excuses for shit the team is unable to do competently

>Some shows have numerous animation teams so that's why the art is inconsistent and shitty
>WOW LOOK AT HOW THEY FUCKED UP THE ART IN NU-PPG

I'm not sure which episodes those are from, but it's possible that Steven grew larger at a faster rate than PD.

Its really not that big a deal. No one is making you watch anything man

No, I think the right image where he's larger is from an earlier ep. If anything he's been shrinking.

it's short from "Comfortable in skin" AKA normal non-tranny people

Who talks likes this on Sup Forums

I can only imagine some intern apart of crewiniverse would say something so passive aggressive and pc.

The animation is shit, but i like the show anyways

>Who talks likes this on Sup Forums

People who aren't autistic.

>implying the art was the problem with the new PPG

Come on man, we know that's not the case.

Also, it's usually because Steven is a short, stocky bugger, so if you're trying to get a close up shot on his face, while he's next to someone taller, the dimensions of both characters are tweaked slightly to get both their faces at max size.

Case in point

nah that other poster was right. you're cuntishness just seethes through your posts.

Koreans aren't paid enough to care.

Peridoodley's mistake. Something about her just...................pisses me off.

Are you seriously trying to compare the old Superhero cartoons that were rife with QUALITY to modern cartoons which are digitally animated and edited?

Do you actually believe that or are you shit posting
because if not, it's a latin prefix, actually

The art style IS a problem in nuPPG.
Even if it were done traditionally, the new series has an awful and lazy art direction when compared to the original.

It's not the only problem but it IS a problem.

>Come on man, we know that's not the case.
What?

Blame cheap outsource labors.

The animators go off the boarders who aren't given strict rules to follow. They're not supposed to keep shit consistent when the people running the show aren't.

They're all ten feet tall so it doesn't matter.

>the

meaning it has far worse problems than art quality

What episode is the one on the left from? Pretty sure the one on the right is from Frybo.

If the one on the left is from a later episode, I would assume Peedee just got taller while Steven canonically has been the same height since he was 8.

LAMAAAARR!

It works when the cartoons are surreal (Flapjack and Uncle Grandpa) or when the designs are minimalistic (like Adventure Time)

s-s-steven is a shapeshifter!!!

Looks like Restaurant Wars, but I don't get why people keep trying to excuse bad boarding with
>It's just shapeshifting!
>Steven ages with how he feels so he's taller/shorter in that scene!

Restaurant Wars had a lot of funky looking things going on. No surprise that it's a Lamar/Katie episode. When will people accept that Steven Universe has no real set heights. All they have to remember is whether a character is taller or shorter than the other, but no exact measurements.

Waiter Pearl was the only good thing in that episode

>Lamar

He's black, he doesn't need to be a M'ladyer!

Lamar is a bit of a weirdo, before SU he did some zine about women farting

The outfit was cute, but her face looks really awkward with those huge eyes, one even bulging out of her face.

If the whole show could just be Pearl in formal attire from this point on I think I'd still be happy with it.

that's just funny though.
and even if he is serious he's nowhere near as weird as the guy who drew pictures of him going on a date with Pearl

>complaining about off-model

Sauce?

I like Steven Universe, but the inconsistent heights thing is just lazy.

That first post wasn't even me, you autismo.

washingtoncitypaper.com/columns/the-sexist/blog/13117117/farting-women-inspire-local-cartoonist
The headline also sounds like it's straight out of The Onion

I could fap to this.

That wasn't the point, but sure.

Maybe if you werent so autistic it wouldnt bother you

What? This is an actual animation issue.

Based Lamar is funny as hell though, he definitely has some jank proportions but he does great townie episodes and he's literally the only boarder besides Sugar who can draw Garnet

>updated Garnet has a much smaller afro than her old design
>some boarders still draw her with her old big afro

REEEEEEEEEEEE

In the episode where they drive to the garage concert, there is a very noticeable error around the beginning of the episode.
When Pearl is talking about possibly going with them to the concert, her mouth detaches from the rest of her face and overlaps her head outline, hanging off her face slightly.

There is no consistency or quality assurance.
When you have no expectations for the show it is easy to be satisfied, but some things are hard to overlook.

Post pics.

>tfw Greg didn't become Blue Diamond's sexy slave
I believed in you, Rebecca.

Not him, but I got the cap.

It's pretty jarring in motion.

The problem is that it's not even good off-model.

lamar fuck off

The worst error was that weird piece of Marty's face that appeared in Greg's hair.

wat

Daily Reminder Blue Diamond can shrink herself to have actual good sex with Greg's murder cock.

Nah.

*lamar fart off

>Spending a whole scene in the bomb to make clear Gems can shift their sizes
>Nah

That's like saying a man can hover, but it only happens because he's in zero g's.

You visiting the "su critical" tag on Tumblr, too?

In Story for Steven, pic related happens. A piece of Marty's face shows up in Greg's hair.

Ameythst literally changes the physical age of her form multiple times showing they can shrink themselves at will.

That's Amethyst we're talking about.

They literally can set a room they're in to shrink them to a specified size

It worked in Adventure Time because the setting and style were already so weird that it didn't stand out when Finn was slightly taller than he was supposed to be. It doesn't work nearly as well in Steven Universe's more down to earth style.

That is the first time I've seen them make an actual good point against the show

Every other complaint is 'THEY HATE BLACK PEOPLE' and 'EW WHY IS LAPIS THIN LET'S REDESIGN HER'

The power-stuff is kind of in the air. We don't even really know a Diamond's powerset or possible weapon.

Shapeshifting seems like something that would be beneath a Diamond anyway. Almost insulting.

It's also still weird how Peridot didn't believe Peridots didn't have any powers, but then she found out she had metal-kinesis. I hope we learn more about that, you think a Peridot on homeworld would of discovered it on accident or something.

Only in space. And only when they fuck with the an equivalent of a sci-fi spaceship gravity control.
That's why I mentioned zero g's before.

They have fucking Tardis tech. You can't tell me that they are not able to put gravity controling devices into any room they want

Why would they? Their bodies automatically adjust to the gravity of the nearest object or a planetoid.

Ok I give up. What where we even talking about if not exactly that and how it can be even further manipulated by them if they want to for any reason whatsoever

I don't think Sugar is that confident in her ability to manage a show so she is playing it fast and loose.

Because it's not gravity.
Their light bodies are being messed up by the reality-bending space travel speeds, unable to keep up with the gems, that's why they have systems in place, something of an equivalent to what sci-fi spaceships have for control gravity inside, but not exactly, because it's specifically made to correct the forms of gems..

The problem is that there are no model sheets to understand how the characters work from different angles and how tall they are, that, coupled with a lack of quality control, leads to this hot mess.

Even with the reference sheets they have now they still go off-model constantly, like in that episode where Lapis and Peridot's hair is huge and one of the most recent episodes where Greg finds a lady drawing him (seriously, his reference is ON-SCREEN and he's still off-model)

Maybe they're trying to go for that feel old animes have where you can tell who drew what, but here it's just lazy because they don't have the budget or time constraints the animes had. It's not charming when every single episode is off-model.

What if...

It won't.

it's a jojo reference

>bad animation is a Jojo reference

Huh, it checks out.

I don't watch anime for any long running shonen series. It's just a thing in jojo for less important characters to be midgets, even shrinking down from normal size to pygmy after being defeated.

>Making up bullshit to justify bad storyboarding
Jesus fucking Christ, this is a new low.

How does no one notice that in editing. how.